April 30, 2024, 05:30:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #161 4/28/10 - 5/10/10  (Read 290867 times)
Love2Read
Scared Monkey

« Reply #520 on: April 30, 2010, 03:38:45 PM »

Cindy and George Anthony briefly commented to reporters after Casey's hearing Friday. (04/30/10)

http://www.wftv.com/video/23320226/index.html

these are the last people in the world who should talk about respect in the court room!!

LOL, that's what I was thinking.  I guess she doesn't believe that her chewing cud/gum , swigging out of a water bottle and texting during court was disrespectful...

May Zahra's Spirit shine forever.

Justice for Zahra.
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #521 on: April 30, 2010, 03:48:04 PM »

Before this case is over, CinCin is going to blurt something out and cause a scene, IMO.  She just cannot help it.
Casey is really " tuned out" isn't she...she looks as though she is a mannequin. OR she is going to stop breathing ... at any moment

I think it's dawned on her she is in serious trouble.

I think she has realized that her parents can't help her and her attorneys can't do diddly for her. I have always believed the BOZO blew smoke up her nose making her believe he could get her off from the beginning and now the CRUNCH is here, she SEES her future.

I have a slightly different take on KC...(I'm jaded)....I think she we TOLD to keep a poker face, especially this first time in front of a new judge.  Also, AL was not there to do the huggy thing...that was helpful for the defencse. I believe a stone-look is easy for KC because she's such a sociopath.  I don't think she's scared YET and I don't think she will be until the very end...when the Judge orders a death sentence.  THEN she will be scared!  Until then...I think KC will be the ornery, obnoxious, lying self she really is inside.

schoochy over.....I am with you. I don't think she is the least bit scared. BOZO has told her he was gonna get her off and Mason the same thing...she believes them and I think she loves thinking, yep fools, you are gonna get me off...I did it..but y'all are gonna get me off... I think she going to be just like Hope......full of bravado and arrogance right up until the MOMENT she is sentenced!!

I think KC sat in court today zoned out.....thinking "what a huge waste this hearing is.......how dare they drag me away from my peanuts and pop-tarts, and important letter writing/doodles to my newest bff........

get your priorities in order b!tches!!!

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #522 on: April 30, 2010, 03:53:18 PM »

Cindy and George Anthony briefly commented to reporters after Casey's hearing Friday. (04/30/10)

these are the last people in the world who should talk about respect in the court room!!

LOL, that's what I was thinking.  I guess she doesn't believe that her chewing cud/gum , swigging out of a water bottle and texting during court was disrespectful...
Did you notice Cindy within the last few seconds with her hand to the Media ...she could barely breathe let alone make any remarks ... " First " for Cindy. 
Cindy is Cindy ..she is more than likely on the phone with all her Staff - gearing up for ZG Civil Suit with her Buttercup Mr Softey Atty BC - and Morgan. She will be flapping her lips I bet ... not shunning - Time is running out and options are becoming even smaller for Cindy to Yack her brains out. I am sure she is at this moment is " Reflecting" on her Past events within the Media. Its bittersweet " As of Today".. She should have done the right thing first and Stood up for Caylee and told the truth... Shame has no Glory 

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/SJl3S4Shkjk&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/SJl3S4Shkjk&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0</a>

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #523 on: April 30, 2010, 03:58:29 PM »

So when a jury is sequestered like that, for so long, are the alternatives sequestered as well? 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #524 on: April 30, 2010, 04:06:38 PM »

So when a jury is sequestered like that, for so long, are the alternatives sequestered as well? 
I don't understand the process of " Sequestering a Jury pool"  how would the courts " take on this" in order for it to be effective ?  Judge Perry mentioned demographics today .. I don't understand how a jury is Sequestered ??

Wkys enlighten me ?  I have received in the mail " Jury Duty" notice years ago but I was "not a fit within the criteria" .. to be a Juror.   

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #525 on: April 30, 2010, 04:11:47 PM »

I was exempt of Jury duty in MI because I had a lawsuit within x-yrs ( I was represented as a minor in a Dog Attack/Personal Injury suit -

Florida Orange County Link for Juror information -

http://www.ninja9.org/courtadmin/jury/orange.htm

NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #526 on: April 30, 2010, 04:37:29 PM »

Conway says the Rosebuds are happy with Judge Perry and they were happy with Stan.  They are happy about JP's expectation of professionalism.  Day to day impact of the case on the Rosebuds is a roller coaster.  There are days when they get good news.  When pressed on what good news would be Conway says it would be a message from KC that she loves her parents and misses them through her lawyers.  Rosebuds are not included on the motions and that is hard on the Rosebuds and delays are bad news.  They are thankful JP is keeping on schedule so they know they only have one more year to wait to see what happens to their daughter (guess they have totally forgot about Justice for Caylee)

Rosebuds will get on stand and tell the truth but it is a conflict between what they want to say and what really happened.  They are looking forward to explaining the 911 call. 
Oh, big surprise there!

Glenda wrote: "aruba's job was not to babysit Beth's daughter. Beth sent her daughter to swim with the sharks, she is responsible for what ever happened to Natalee." = there is no homicide in aruba, only SUICIDE.  Don't go to aruba if you value your life.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #527 on: April 30, 2010, 04:41:46 PM »

There are two posters at WS who went to the hearing today. Casey did not turn around to her parents at all, so why Cindy mouthed I love you to Casey is beyond me. Also, it appears before the hearing started, Baez was showing Casey something on his phone, so perhaps Cindy and Casey were giving messages to each other via cell phone. I didn't see it, but that is the talk. There was also a body language person and a jury consultant there as well.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #528 on: April 30, 2010, 04:47:56 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/news/23317820/detail.html
Judge Seeks To Hold Anthony Trial In Orlando
New Judge Hopes To Settle Venue Issue In May

POSTED: 9:32 am EDT April 30, 2010
UPDATED: 4:39 pm EDT April 30, 2010
ORLANDO, Fla. --
The new judge in the case against Casey Anthony wasted no time getting down to business on Friday.

Promptly at 9:30 a.m., Judge Belvin Perry started with a barrage of questions to find out what needs to be decided and when.

"How many motions do you have pending that are ripe to be heard?" Perry asked.

Perry said he plans to determine the defense team's budget on Thursday. Anthony's defense attorneys will get public money after she was declared indigent.

"That needs to be done yesterday," Perry said.
During the upcoming weeks, Perry will hear motions on the death penalty and change of venue. Because of the costs associated with moving the trial and the likely need to sequester a jury, Perry suggested the trial would be held in Orlando.

"If I decide to sequester the jury, we will go somewhere, we will pick a jury, and they will be returned to Orange County," Perry said.

Anthony chuckled a little bit before the hearing began, but then she sat emotionless. Her parents, George and Cindy Anthony, were just two rows behind her.

Perry kept the trial date slated for May 9, 2011. It's expected to last two months or more, he said.

"We love the knowledge that Judge Perry brings to the bench and the experience he has," Defense Attorney Jose Baez said.

Lawyers on both sides were amiable -- even enjoying a light moment when prosecutor Linda Drane Burdick told the judge she was expected for jury duty.

"You can be excused," Perry said.

Defense attorney Cheney Mason made it clear he was the one behind the effort to have Judge Stan Strickland step down from the case. He had filed a motion objecting to Strickland's comments about the defense team.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #529 on: April 30, 2010, 04:49:02 PM »

There are two posters at WS who went to the hearing today. Casey did not turn around to her parents at all, so why Cindy mouthed I love you to Casey is beyond me. Also, it appears before the hearing started, Baez was showing Casey something on his phone, so perhaps Cindy and Casey were giving messages to each other via cell phone. I didn't see it, but that is the talk. There was also a body language person and a jury consultant there as well.

Thanks NRCG.I wish we could have been there.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #530 on: April 30, 2010, 04:54:57 PM »

LOL  Cindy says court was much more respectful today with Judge Perry!   She has no idea what respect means.  She was one who showed the most disrespect in SS's courtroom.  Surprisingly.....These people can keep on turning my stomach.
The whole clan wouldn't know respect if it jumped up and bit them in the azz.

Here! Here!   

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #531 on: April 30, 2010, 04:57:04 PM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2010/4/30/casey_faces_new_judge.html
 Casey Faces New Judge In Court
Friday, April 30, 2010 3:27:39 PM
Reported by Dave D’Marko and Jacqueline Fell

ORLANDO -- Casey Anthony and her defense team went before a new judge Friday morning.
Judge Belvin Perry took over the case after Judge Stan Strickland recused himself at the request of Anthony’s lawyers.

The defense said Strickland had an inappropriate discussion with a blogger covering the case.

Some analysts, however, said Strickland’s replacement could be more difficult to deal with as they try to defend Anthony against charges of murdering her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee.

Analysts had called Perry a “no-nonsense” judge, and that was reflected in the first court hearing in the case.

The judge was all about the calendar, pushing both the prosecution and defense to be ready for trial.

At one point, when Perry was talking to defense attorney Jose Baez about his budget for the Justice Administrative Commission to pay for Anthony’s discovery process, he said: “That needed to be done, like, yesterday.”
Perry set the hearing for May 6 and  then started pressing the attorneys to get all their pending motions resolved. They have until May 10 to prepare them for his decision.

Both sides said they had a lot to do -- for example, the state trying to get depositions from as many as 250 witnesses.

Perry said he wants a schedule of when they will take depositions. Anyone who misses a set deadline could be held in contempt of court.

“I will not be taking the excuse, ‘They don’t show up; we need a delay.’ Give them a courtesy call, and if we need him, I’m sure the sheriff, Jerry Demings, will be helpful in making those witnesses available,” Perry said.

At one point, a prosecutor said she might not be able to make a hearing, because she was scheduled for jury duty in Orange County.

Perry said he knows people, and he’s pretty sure he could get her out of it.

Attorneys on both sides were forced to talk about things in open court they may not have been prepared to discuss, like change of venue and sequestering the jury.

Though not official yet, Perry said he would prefer to keep the trial in Orlando, and to get a jury from another county, saying that would be the cheapest way to do things.

Attorneys also seemed to agree the trial could last as long as two months. The judge did not seem thrilled, but the trial remains set to start in May 2011.

~ Peter Frampton
Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #532 on: April 30, 2010, 04:57:24 PM »

LOL  Cindy says court was much more respectful today with Judge Perry!   She has no idea what respect means.  She was one who showed the most disrespect in SS's courtroom.  Surprisingly.....These people can keep on turning my stomach.

It's real work fighting off the nausea!;   Jar looks like he has high blood pressure;  Sequestered jury brought in from Tampa, P'cola, or Tallahassee---venue Orlando is my bet. 

I'm not clear on the demographics........why does that play into jury selection?   Demographics meaning ethnicity ?  Anyone know?

I think so. I think Baez may have been hinting that a certain demographic is less likely to be able to be sequestered due to economics or whatever. One thing that worried me was when JP said the place the jury pool was coming from would not be made public until just before trial. I'm worried because, what if this unethical defense doesn't like the demographic from the place where the jury is being  picked and so leaks the information to the media? Might that cause the judge to have to pick a different jury pool location? What's to stop Bozo and co. from leaking away until a location with the "right" defense-friendly demographic comes up? I hope JP addresses this possibility with the threat of severe sanctions.
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #533 on: April 30, 2010, 04:59:23 PM »

Possibly it was a last ditch effort on Cindy's part - to " show the world" she Loves Casey -
I don't know. Casey in her " lack there of state ~ zoned out "  would not have jumped if a big gooey Cheeseburger whispered at her come hither .......... 

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #534 on: April 30, 2010, 04:59:26 PM »

Thanks NRCG.I wish we could have been there.   
Yes, me too. And also wanted to add that the prosecution side was filled up, and this one poster had to sit on the defense side, not that she wanted to, but there was no room.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #535 on: April 30, 2010, 04:59:38 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/23309998/detail.html
Judge Discusses Venue Change, Length Of Casey Trial
Posted: 4:06 pm EDT April 29, 2010Updated: 4:21 pm EDT April 30, 2010
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Casey Anthony sat emotionless Friday during the first hearing in her case in front of a new judge. Chief Judge Belvin Perry, Jr. said the jury in the case likely will not come from Orange County, but he doesn't plan to move the trial either.
Casey, wearing a pink, long-sleeved button down collar shirt, seemed in good spirits as she smiled while talking to Baez (images  | video)  before Orange County Chief Judge Belvin Perry arrived in the courtroom. From there on she looked more serious and Judge Perry quickly proved he will not put up with nonsense and is ready to move the case against Casey full speed ahead.
<snipped>

~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #536 on: April 30, 2010, 05:00:03 PM »

Possibly it was a last ditch effort on Cindy's part - to " show the world" she Loves Casey -
I don't know. Casey in her " lack there of state ~ zoned out "  would not have jumped if a big gooey Cheeseburger whispered at her come hither .......... 
I'm very curious about this phone action 
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #537 on: April 30, 2010, 05:02:25 PM »

Before this case is over, CinCin is going to blurt something out and cause a scene, IMO.  She just cannot help it.
Casey is really " tuned out" isn't she...she looks as though she is a mannequin. OR she is going to stop breathing ... at any moment

I think it's dawned on her she is in serious trouble.

I think she has realized that her parents can't help her and her attorneys can't do diddly for her. I have always believed the BOZO blew smoke up her nose making her believe he could get her off from the beginning and now the CRUNCH is here, she SEES her future.

I have a slightly different take on KC...(I'm jaded)....I think she we TOLD to keep a poker face, especially this first time in front of a new judge.  Also, AL was not there to do the huggy thing...that was helpful for the defencse. I believe a stone-look is easy for KC because she's such a sociopath.  I don't think she's scared YET and I don't think she will be until the very end...when the Judge orders a death sentence.  THEN she will be scared!  Until then...I think KC will be the ornery, obnoxious, lying self she really is inside.

schoochy over.....I am with you. I don't think she is the least bit scared. BOZO has told her he was gonna get her off and Mason the same thing...she believes them and I think she loves thinking, yep fools, you are gonna get me off...I did it..but y'all are gonna get me off... I think she going to be just like Hope......full of bravado and arrogance right up until the MOMENT she is sentenced!!

Thank you for that!  I wanted to add in my original post to think "Hope" and how she acted...but...I couldn't remember Hope's name.   

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #538 on: April 30, 2010, 05:03:22 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-casey-anthony-perry-hearing-20100430,0,6002860.story
New Casey Anthony judge mulls jury options
Chief Judge Belvin Perry Jr. set an aggressive pace in his first hearing on the case.

By Rene Stutzman, Orlando Sentinel
4:00 p.m. EDT, April 30, 2010
The new judge in the Casey Anthony murder case, Chief Circuit Judge Belvin Perry Jr., on Friday laid down new rules for the case, and one of his most prominent: The trial will stay in Orange County.

It may not be heard by Orange County jurors, but the evidence against Anthony will play out in a local courtroom.

In a week and a half, the judge said, he will listen to arguments on whether the case should be tried by a jury from somewhere else.

If he grants that change-of-venue motion, he and attorneys will travel to another Florida county — he wouldn't say which one — pick a 12-member jury plus alternates, then pack everyone up and bring them to Orange County for the rest of the trial.

The trial won't happen until May 9, 2011, a date Perry left unchanged, but given how long it's expected to last — four to seven weeks — it promises to be a long slog for anyone picked for the panel.

And if Perry decides to sequester jurors — cut them off from outsiders and outside sources of information — it could make jury service even more tedious.

Friday's hearing was Perry's first in the case. He took over from Circuit Judge Stan Strickland, who recused himself last week after defense attorneys accused him of showing bias by complimenting a blogger who writes about the case.

The hearing's purpose was to bring Perry up to speed, but he used it let attorneys know that he intends to move the case forward aggressively.

He ordered them back to court Thursday to have the defense lay out how much public money it expects to spend. That hearing, the judge said, "needs to be done, like, yesterday."

He also ordered attorneys to block out three days the following week to argue a series of long unresolved motions, including whether Florida's death penalty is unconstitutional and whether jurors will be allowed to view party pictures of Anthony and hear allegations about domestic violence by the former county employee who found the body of Anthony's daughter, Caylee Marie.

After questioning attorneys, Perry predicted the trial would last four to seven weeks.

"This is a monster case," defense attorney Jose Baez said after the hearing.

The state has 250 potential witnesses, said Assistant State Attorney Linda Drane Burdick. She predicted defense attorneys would want to take sworn statements from 90 of them before trial.

So far, defense attorneys have deposed 36, Baez said.

Anthony, 24, is charged with murdering her daughter in 2008. Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty.

Anthony said nothing at Friday's 50-minute hearing. She sat between two of her attorneys, Baez and J. Cheney Mason. She wore a pink blouse, gray slacks and, on her feet, white socks and black Mary Janes.

Perry has not yet scheduled a hearing on one of the most complicated, novel pieces of evidence in the case: air samples taken from the trunk of Anthony's Pontiac. Scientists from the Oak Ridge National Laboratory in Tennessee found particles that indicate a decomposed body spent time there.

That method of air-particle analysis has never before been used in court, and Baez said Friday he'll challenge its scientific validity at a pre-trial hearing.

Walter Pacheco of the Sentinel staff contributed to this report. Rene Stutzman can be reached at rstutzman@orlandosentinel.com or 407-650-6394.

~ Peter Frampton
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #539 on: April 30, 2010, 05:03:29 PM »

I missed the part about during trial that court will be in session 5.5 days/week. Was there any reaction to that? I'll watch it again when the video is posted.

No reaction that I noticed. Stoic faces only.

Sounds like Mon-Friday and a half day on Saturdays.

Judge said 5 1/2 days because, while everyone else goes home and has plenty to do, the jurors have to stay in a hotel.  So he's going to make sure they have movies, games, etc., because they will have no TV.

and a lot of time to think about their children and grandchildren........

Yep!  Good one...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.