April 30, 2024, 03:07:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #161 4/28/10 - 5/10/10  (Read 290752 times)
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #640 on: April 30, 2010, 08:43:49 PM »

I finally found a short article on the motion regarding KC's visitor log.

(Again, my apologies for causing a problem on the thread last night).

Casey defense files motion to seal jail visit records
By
Robyn Sidersky
@ April 30, 2010 5:48 PM Permalink | Comments (0)
Casey Anthony's defense team filed a motion Friday to block to the release of jail visiting log records from the public.

The defense claims in the motion that "the media is constantly aware of any visits that the Defendant has." They also claim that the visits reveal the identity of any expert witnesses that may visit Casey in the jail.

Their concern is the "ability to maintain confidentiality of these visits prohibits them from being able to properly prepare her case for trial."

http://wdbo.com/localnews/2010/04/casey-defense-files-motion-to.html

thanks cece, that kinda proves what we were thinking.....

You're welcome Sunny.  Monkeys are so smart!   an angelic monkey

(But I'm still embarrassed that I caused problems last night).

cece, there was no real problem..........MB was just reminding all of us!

thanks for all your bring to SM, today and always!!

Thank you Sunny.   

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #641 on: April 30, 2010, 08:49:04 PM »

Ahhhh it's ok cece!  Most of us have done at least one or a hundred things like that.  heh.  Just shows that you are one among many good monkeys! 

Thank you so much for your kind words Wyks.  You are a wonderful caring person with such a beautiful heart & I am honored to even be here among such wonderful people monkeys.  an angelic monkey
CeCe I am humbled as well - I have made my share of posts here on SM ..
Feeling omg I said too much or rambled too long. I shutter to find the day- that Klaas will email me-with a What the ?  lol ...eeek.  Its a very emotional site here at times. We all have our weakness and breakdowns.  Like you say - We are among each other. And can count on each other.    I think the majority of the Senior Monkeys have seen everything good bad and off the wall within posts ..to know who is who etc. 

Thanks so much Deenie.  Your posts are alway eloquent & well thought out & I always enjoy reading them.  My verbal skills seem to be lacking & I don't want to derail Caylee's thread (or any missing person's for that matter).   an angelic monkey

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #642 on: April 30, 2010, 08:53:20 PM »

Good night sweet Monkeys.  Enjoy your evening.   an angelic monkey

Justice is coming for Caylee.

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #643 on: April 30, 2010, 08:56:55 PM »

Good night sweet Monkeys.  Enjoy your evening.   an angelic monkey

Justice is coming for Caylee.

Honestly that is one of my fave photo's of Caylee
Because it's Just Her and her Imagination - No one telling her how to smile.
Its Just Caylee ~ Beautiful Child that she is.

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #644 on: April 30, 2010, 09:00:00 PM »

Ahhhh it's ok cece!  Most of us have done at least one or a hundred things like that.  heh.  Just shows that you are one among many good monkeys! 

Thank you so much for your kind words Wyks.  You are a wonderful caring person with such a beautiful heart & I am honored to even be here among such wonderful people monkeys.  an angelic monkey

Awww thanks cece.     The same can be said about you as well!  So many of our monkeys, the same.  Loving it here! 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Miki Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #645 on: April 30, 2010, 09:58:47 PM »

I don't believe I have ever witnessed such a juvenile display from a group of supposed professionals, they have been stomping their collective feet when things don't go their way, they write Bozomotions that are the laughing stock of lawyers everywhere, they accidentally get an obviously soft judge kicked off the case in favor of a judge not averse to imposing the DP and to top it all off they have the gall to be offended by his honest response. I can hear Bozo now saying "yeah, I meant to get the judge kicked off the case" pfft...everyone knows he would have to be insane to want that for his client.

I think I see an "inadequate representation" down the road somewhere. 
Miki  I think you're right. With baez at the lead, IMO it's  a sure bet

It won't make any difference if she does file "inadequate representation" or not because she HIRED him and could have fired him at any point, so as a point of law that is a moot issue.

Whether a defendant will be sentenced to death typically depends more on the quality of his/her legal team than any other factor. She has an inexperienced Lawyer who has never tried a DP case and insists he is lead attorney on the case. People who are well represented at trial do not get the death penalty yet Baez seems to be making sure this is what will happen with his actions. KC has hired Baez thinking he was going to get her off because this is what he has told her. I don't believe that the client is expected to know the difference between adequate counsel and mediocre counsel paid or appointed, and I think as she is kept isolated from everyone and everything who she chose to represent her in a DP case is not a moot point. JMO

Actually it is, because Bozo is technically NOT her lead attorney, Lyons to date is listed as her lead attorney already qualified as a DP attorney.   She has a team, not one so due to that fact it would not succeed on appeal.   Also, it is so not always true that convicted felons do not receive the DP if they are well represented.

This is case where the evidence is circumstantial and is unlikely to proceed to the DP phase, no matter what we think she deserves. However, if it does...We have postulated on this forum about the competence of ALL of her attorneys and their commitment to the client.
They all have an axe to grind, paid monies to be included in the case, using a clients money without  record, been disbarred, peddling a book or stumping for a cause and we on this forum have remarked on this constantly.
Would this still be going on if she had an attorney who's only interest was in getting her the best outcome possible?
Just today Baez stood up and said he was lead attorney...how many times has it been remarked that he will soon be under investigation or indeed already is. I don't believe you can have it both ways, either her representation is adequate or it isn't.

It is not always true that convicted felons don't get the dp but those with a decent lawyer plead out if possible. Only 0.06% of murderers get the death penalty so while not strictly 0% it's close enough for me to make little difference.

Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #646 on: April 30, 2010, 10:09:32 PM »

~ Enjoy the Kentucky Derby this weekend everyone ~       
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #647 on: April 30, 2010, 10:17:39 PM »

Issues With Jane Velez Mitchell 04/30/10
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/v6arZATauhQ&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/v6arZATauhQ&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1</a>

Transcripts 04/30/10
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/30/ijvm.01.html

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #648 on: April 30, 2010, 10:27:48 PM »

I don't believe I have ever witnessed such a juvenile display from a group of supposed professionals, they have been stomping their collective feet when things don't go their way, they write Bozomotions that are the laughing stock of lawyers everywhere, they accidentally get an obviously soft judge kicked off the case in favor of a judge not averse to imposing the DP and to top it all off they have the gall to be offended by his honest response. I can hear Bozo now saying "yeah, I meant to get the judge kicked off the case" pfft...everyone knows he would have to be insane to want that for his client.

I think I see an "inadequate representation" down the road somewhere. 
Miki  I think you're right. With baez at the lead, IMO it's  a sure bet

It won't make any difference if she does file "inadequate representation" or not because she HIRED him and could have fired him at any point, so as a point of law that is a moot issue.

Whether a defendant will be sentenced to death typically depends more on the quality of his/her legal team than any other factor. She has an inexperienced Lawyer who has never tried a DP case and insists he is lead attorney on the case. People who are well represented at trial do not get the death penalty yet Baez seems to be making sure this is what will happen with his actions. KC has hired Baez thinking he was going to get her off because this is what he has told her. I don't believe that the client is expected to know the difference between adequate counsel and mediocre counsel paid or appointed, and I think as she is kept isolated from everyone and everything who she chose to represent her in a DP case is not a moot point. JMO

Actually it is, because Bozo is technically NOT her lead attorney, Lyons to date is listed as her lead attorney already qualified as a DP attorney.   She has a team, not one so due to that fact it would not succeed on appeal.   Also, it is so not always true that convicted felons do not receive the DP if they are well represented.

This is case where the evidence is circumstantial and is unlikely to proceed to the DP phase, no matter what we think she deserves. However, if it does...We have postulated on this forum about the competence of ALL of her attorneys and their commitment to the client.
They all have an axe to grind, paid monies to be included in the case, using a clients money without  record, been disbarred, peddling a book or stumping for a cause and we on this forum have remarked on this constantly.
Would this still be going on if she had an attorney who's only interest was in getting her the best outcome possible?
Just today Baez stood up and said he was lead attorney...how many times has it been remarked that he will soon be under investigation or indeed already is. I don't believe you can have it both ways, either her representation is adequate or it isn't.

It is not always true that convicted felons don't get the dp but those with a decent lawyer plead out if possible. Only 0.06% of murderers get the death penalty so while not strictly 0% it's close enough for me to make little difference.

Scott Peterson got the death penalty after a trial that consisted almost entirely of circumstantial evidence.  He was represented by Mark Geragos, a very experienced trial attorney.  When you're guilty the Jury knows it...
Miki Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #649 on: April 30, 2010, 10:37:27 PM »

Scott Peterson got the death penalty after a trial that consisted almost entirely of circumstantial evidence.  He was represented by Mark Geragos, a very experienced trial attorney.  When you're guilty the Jury knows it...

He could have had a plea deal and not gone in front of a jury, just goes to show sometimes you should listen to the experienced trial attorney and not think you can fool all of the people all of the time. He took a chance and lost, I'm not losing sleep over it.

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #650 on: April 30, 2010, 10:50:00 PM »

just my own thoughts

If someone is within the system such as Casey or even Misty Croslin -

That there should be such a program for such ppl who are housed in county lockup -
That they Serve TIME within the next house .. Prison for One Week.
A one week term within " Prison" prior to sentencing. For both of these " Young Ladies" I think Prison for a Week in Gen Pop - May be reason enough to shock the living daylights out of them.
For them to gather what their real near future may be *term unknown - for them to know they will be returned back to county jail. Let them see the difference. Let them truly soak it up        " Mindfully"  Like Scared Straight but for a Week not just a day..

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #651 on: April 30, 2010, 10:55:43 PM »

Well All - this Ol Monkey Mama is dead tired and needs to recharge - Good Nightly Nite to All ~  Blessings 

Goodnight Caylee

Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #652 on: April 30, 2010, 11:13:08 PM »

just my own thoughts

If someone is within the system such as Casey or even Misty Croslin -

That there should be such a program for such ppl who are housed in county lockup -
That they Serve TIME within the next house .. Prison for One Week.
A one week term within " Prison" prior to sentencing. For both of these " Young Ladies" I think Prison for a Week in Gen Pop - May be reason enough to shock the living daylights out of them.
For them to gather what their real near future may be *term unknown - for them to know they will be returned back to county jail. Let them see the difference. Let them truly soak it up        " Mindfully"  Like Scared Straight but for a Week not just a day..

That would be placing un-convicted people in harm's way. That'll never happen. Like it or not, they still have rights.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Love2Read
Scared Monkey

« Reply #653 on: April 30, 2010, 11:23:26 PM »

There are two posters at WS who went to the hearing today. Casey did not turn around to her parents at all, so why Cindy mouthed I love you to Casey is beyond me. Also, it appears before the hearing started, Baez was showing Casey something on his phone, so perhaps Cindy and Casey were giving messages to each other via cell phone. I didn't see it, but that is the talk. There was also a body language person and a jury consultant there as well.

Maybe CinCin was mouthing that to jar?          lol

May Zahra's Spirit shine forever.

Justice for Zahra.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #654 on: May 01, 2010, 12:00:39 AM »

There are two posters at WS who went to the hearing today. Casey did not turn around to her parents at all, so why Cindy mouthed I love you to Casey is beyond me. Also, it appears before the hearing started, Baez was showing Casey something on his phone, so perhaps Cindy and Casey were giving messages to each other via cell phone. I didn't see it, but that is the talk. There was also a body language person and a jury consultant there as well.

Maybe CinCin was mouthing that to jar?          lol

I actually was so exhausted that I fell asleep for a bit so I'm proceeding to finish looking at today's events.  I just watched a raw video on WFTV of before the hearing - Bozo is touch flipping through something on his cell with Casey watching & its quite funny when you hear "All rise...." and he quickly puts the phone down like a kid caught with his hands in the cookie jar - its at the end.   Cindy was texting or something at some point I saw on other raw footage (link here that Deenie posted) so I cant say if the timing was right.  I also noticed in this raw video Cindy give one of her typical snarles at something along with them laughing, seriously these people are despicable.    I am absolutely confident they will be far from laughing a little over a year from now & the jury is going to see all the inappropriate behavior, disdain, lies & anger we see from all of them.   No doubt in my mind DP or not, this monster is never seeing the light of day again.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #655 on: May 01, 2010, 02:10:19 AM »

IMO, CJBP is not inclined to grant a change of venue (mainly due to him using the provision to pool jurors out of county, cost & convenience of all parties) nor grant the defense motion to preclude the DP after what I heard in the hearing in its entirety. 

When change of venue was discussed yet again Bozo concerned himself with a "certain demographic" being omitted, in other words one they anticipated would be sympathetic to their client or have some foolish perceived notion would have an allegiance to him.   His body language indicated to me that he knows he is losing this battle...he can kiss his dream of Miami goodbye, Im pretty dang sure of that.

Evidently, the defense is still trying to view TES's records on their terms & without supervision.   Bozo stated that Nejame was not in court "to defend himself," in my view that was a slam as well as ridiculous statement.   Nejame in fact has bent over backwards to give this defense even more than the original Order of searchers only that were searching near the Suburban Drive location, he has NOTHING to defend.   I believe CJBP will put a cap on this fishing expedition & maintain what was previously ordered by JS.

My ears perked up when CJBP discussed keeping to a deposition schedule & went so far to say that if there was continuing stonewalling or people refusing to appear that there would be a contempt of court ordered with the Sheriff's "assistance."    Dominic Casey came to mind, his attorney was in court & again one has to ask what the bleep for?

One concern I have for the State is how easily they will be able to establish qualifying Oakridge's scientific analysis, I look forward to hearing arguments on both sides on this.

It was very interesting to hear that Bozo estimated that their case-in-chief would only be three weeks, maybe less.   Considering that would include their expert witnesses, it indicates to me that they do not have anything substantial to chip away at the State's case-in-chief but only to argue it with a ton of smoke & mirrors but no substance.

I noticed after court DM with the media but when Baez & Mason shot him a look he put his head down....yea ok marinade for brains you're a tough guy NOT!   I admit this gave me a chuckle.   I also noticed he was kissing up to the Anthonys again - I'll leave that there because the man isnt worthy of much more comment at this point.

Bozo's presser afterwards reeked of hypocritical statements, o never mind he's an @$$

What I noticed about Casey today is she was "throat gulping" when the air sample discussion was taking place...no tears or upset  (certainly none for Caylee) but just an absolute nervousness - IMHO consciousness of guilt.   She was probably advised to be very stone faced in the new judge's presence but what I sensed from her today is that her confidence that she was going to get away with this diminished greatly.   Yet again, she did not even give her parents a glance - its pretty clear at this point that one could glean that she is indeed shunning them....her family are fools as well as scum.

The next week or so is going to get very interesting!    This judge is on a mission & I agree with many, the defense made a HUGE mistake.   The only day I probably wont be hearing live is the 10th as I will be traveling back from Jersey for my daughter's college graduation.   

TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #656 on: May 01, 2010, 02:27:59 AM »

Thank you Wyks for your explanation 
How do they choose who is to be sequestered ? I am sorry if I sound redundant I just don't understand the picking / choosing process ?  How many people do they have to go through in order to " Pick"  jurors ... that will  be in the status that you stated above - for the longevity of the trial. 
Its confusing to me Sad 

I was on a sequestered jury once and it is not pleasant. You are totally closed off from the world to be exact. I can't imagine be sequestered for as long as this one will take. Ours was just about a 3 1/2 weeks and I was "stir crazy" by the time we got out. We did get to go out to eat at times, but when we did we were taken by bus to a restaurant where we entered by a side door and were placed in a special banquet room with no TV, or anything which could give us any information about the trial. We did get to see the news on TV on a DVD but it was prepared for us by security and put on the DVD to make sure nothing about the trial or any media coverage was on it.  It was summer so we were allowed to go to the swimming pool at times but it would be at times when the pool was cleared of all other persons and only the jurors and security was there. Same with the work out rooms, etc. NO TVs or radios allowed.

You don't CHOOSE, they choose you. You fill out a questionnaire prior to the trial where both the defense and prosecution get copies of ALL your personal information. They run background checks on you and I have been told your family also sometimes. If you have LE family members you are usually excused by the defense because many of them consider you biased toward LE. My best friend is in LE and some of my family had been, and it was always strange to me the defense did not excuse me because I listed them on the informational questionnaire. Some persons they asked questions in court as they are choosing a jury and some they don't. Most big trials have specialists in picking juries who help the attorneys choose the best jurors for the case.

The longer the trial the more alternates they have in the jury pool because people sometimes have to be excused because of emergencies in their family or they may become ill themselves. We had two who became ill during the trial. In the one I was on, ALL the jurors and the alternates were sequestered together and the alternates were told to pay full attention and take copious notes because they could be called at anytime.

That is just my experience and it is in a state other than Florida, so take it for what it is worth.

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

There is a DEEP GENERATIONAL EVIL in the Anthony family.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #657 on: May 01, 2010, 06:44:54 AM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2010/4/30/casey_faces_new_judge.html
Casey Faces No-nonsense Judge In Court
Saturday, May 01, 2010 6:22:33 AM

Reported by Dave D’Marko and Jacqueline Fell

ORLANDO -- Casey Anthony and her defense team went before a new judge Friday morning.

Judge Belvin Perry took over the case after Judge Stan Strickland recused himself at the request of Anthony’s lawyers.

The defense said Strickland had an inappropriate discussion with a blogger covering the case.

Some analysts, however, said Strickland’s replacement could be more difficult to deal with as they try to defend Anthony against charges of murdering her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee.

Analysts had called Perry a “no-nonsense” judge, and that was reflected in the first court hearing in the case.
The judge was all about the calendar, pushing both the prosecution and defense to be ready for trial.

At one point, when Perry was talking to defense attorney Jose Baez about his budget for the Justice Administrative Commission to pay for Anthony’s discovery process, he said: “That needed to be done, like, yesterday.”

Perry set the hearing for May 6 and then started pressing the attorneys to get all their pending motions resolved. They have until May 10 to prepare them for his decision.

Both sides said they had a lot to do -- for example, the state trying to get depositions from as many as 250 witnesses.

Perry said he wants a schedule of when they will take depositions. Anyone who misses a set deadline could be held in contempt of court.

“I will not be taking the excuse, ‘They don’t show up; we need a delay.’ Give them a courtesy call, and if we need him, I’m sure the sheriff, Jerry Demings, will be helpful in making those witnesses available,” Perry said.

At one point, a prosecutor said she might not be able to make a hearing, because she was scheduled for jury duty in Orange County.

Perry said he knows people, and he’s pretty sure he could get her out of it.

Attorneys on both sides were forced to talk about things in open court they may not have been prepared to discuss, like change of venue and sequestering the jury.
Though not official yet, Perry said he would prefer to keep the trial in Orlando, and to get a jury from another county, saying that would be the cheapest way to do things.

Attorneys also seemed to agree the trial could last as long as two months. The judge did not seem thrilled, but the trial remains set to start May 9, 2011.
Defense Files Objection About Former Judge

One of Anthony’s lawyers is firing back at the previous judge in the case.

Judge Stan Strickland recused himself from the case earlier this month, and was critical of the defense in responding to their request that he step down.

Defense attorney Cheney Mason filed an objection with the court Friday, taking exception to Strickland's response.

When he took himself off the case, Strickland noted the defense "courageously" filed their motion just before 5 p.m. on a Friday.

Mason said he tried to contact the judge, but “the judge's chambers were closed, apparently having been vacated early on that Friday afternoon."

Strickland also said he was afraid the defense would object to every ruling he made, with a flurry of motions.

However, in his filing, Mason said it's customary for the defense to file many motions in a death penalty case.

There were also several more motions filed in the case.

Among them is a motion to seal jail visiting log records.
The defense said if they cannot keep the people visiting Anthony confidential, they cannot properly prepare her case for trial.

A memorandum supporting motion to declare death penalty unconstitutional was also filed, along with a motion seeking a protecting order with respect to death penalty.

The defense wants to protect Anthony from revealing any information relating to any potential witnesses or testimony in a penalty phase proceeding prior to a first-degree murder conviction, if should that happen.
Slide Show   http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2010/4/30/casey_faces_new_judge.html
Casey Appears Before Judge   http://www.cfnews13.com/MediaPlayer2/MediaPlayer.htm?video=CAPERRYFIRSTHEARINGW_043020100402&cat=CAC&title=Casey%20Goes%20Before%20New%20Judge
# Anthony Hearing Part I  http://www.cfnews13.com/MediaPlayer2/MediaPlayer.htm?video=043010CASEYHEARINGPT1_043020101059&cat=CAC&title=Anthony%20Hearing%20Part%20I
Anthony Hearing Part II  http://www.cfnews13.com/MediaPlayer2/MediaPlayer.htm?video=042010CASEYHEARINGB_043020101206&cat=CAC&title=Anthony%20Hearing%20Part%20II
Casey Anthony Part III  http://www.cfnews13.com/MediaPlayer2/MediaPlayer.htm?video=043010caseyhearingc_043020101256&cat=CAC&title=Anthony%20Hearing%20Part%20III

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #658 on: May 01, 2010, 06:58:16 AM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2010/04/casey-anthony-stations-see-a-new-serious-attitude-with-a-new-judge-belvin-perry-in-charge.html
Casey Anthony: Stations see a new, serious attitude with a new judge, Belvin Perry, in charge
Caylee and Casey Anthony, Central Florida News 13, Jose Baez, WESH, WFTV, WKMG, WOFL
— posted by halboedeker on April, 30 2010 5:55 PM
Discuss This: Comments(38) | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it

What a difference a judge makes — that was the recurring theme of TV coverage today in the Casey Anthony case.

WOFL-Channel 35 anchor Sonni Abatta saw ”a whole new attitude” with Chief Judge Belvin Perry taking over from Judge Stan Strickland, who recused himself from the case.

“Judge Perry is very direct and made it clear he doesn’t want anything to slow down this case getting to trial, which is now set for a year from now,” WOFL’s Holly Bristow reported.

WOFL highlighted that Perry said he wouldn’t take the excuse that someone didn’t show up for a deposition.

“The judge’s serious tone spread through the courtroom and the two sides that have been known to squabble were noticeably courteous,” Bristow said.

On Central Florida News 13, Jacqueline Fell described the new atmosphere with the new judge. “The hearing started right on the dot at 9:30,” she said. “There was absolutely no bickering on either side. In fact, both sides, the defense and the prosecution, were treading very lightly, being very kind.”

Fell said Perry “got right down to business and wasted absolutely no time getting things moving.” Fell estimated that the trial could last two months, based on what both sides were saying.

Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee.
WESH anchor Jim Payne said Perry “set up an ambitious schedule to put this trial back on the fast track.”

WESH’s Bob Kealing said Perry displayed a vintage style in asking direct questions and seeking direct answers. “He also sent a surprise signal today that this trial will be held right here,” Kealing said outside the Orange County Courthouse.

Kealing quoted a lawyer who said that Perry “is like having a general on the case.”

WKMG-Channel 6’s Tony Pipitone said Perry “wasted no time getting to the heart of outstanding issues, even one year before the May 9 trial date.”

WFTV-Channel 9 anchor Bob Opsahl said, “For the first time, Casey Anthony met with her new judge, and it was all business. And Chief Judge Belvin Perry said this case could make history. For the first time ever, an out-of-town jury could be brought to the Orange County Courthouse for a local case.”

WFTV’s Kathi Belich stressed that Perry didn’t decide today that the trial will be held here, but he will decide soon. And she said the judge was leaning toward sequestering the jury in a hotel.

Belich said there was “a totally different tone in the courtroom today” with Perry in charge.

And what of Anthony and her defense team?

On Central Florida News 13, defense attorney Jose Baez said, “We’re excited to have Judge Perry, and that’s not anything negative toward Judge Strickland. We’re ready to move this case forward. We want Casey to have a fair trial.”

WESH’s Kealing highlighted that Anthony chuckled briefly before the hearing but “sat emotionless” during the hearing.

WFTV’s Belich said that Anthony’s “expression was serious, her jaw tightened when the death penalty was mentioned.”

WOFL anchor Abatta noted that Casey Anthony wore a pink shirt and had her hair pulled back. Abatta explained that Cindy Anthony waved at Casey and mouthed “I love you” at her daughter when the young woman was escorted in handcuffs out of the courtroom. Casey Anthony briefly smiled at her parents, Abatta added.
WESH’s Jeff Lennox talked to Cindy Anthony, who said it was “a lot better being in court today … Everybody was much more respectful. It was good.”

Orlando defense attorney Diana Tennis told WOFL, “Obviously everybody was on their very best behavior, and I think everybody wanted to make sure that the judge knew they took his orders seriously. And that nobody wanted to be the first one to get yelled at.”

I wouldn’t want to be yelled at by him. Would you?

~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #659 on: May 01, 2010, 09:49:10 AM »

I would not want to be yelled at this judge either, no sir 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.