April 26, 2024, 07:09:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Arley Earhart, 16, Missing Since Jan 5, 2007 in PA(HOME SAFE)  (Read 12367 times)
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« on: January 19, 2007, 11:11:09 PM »

Arley Earhart, 16, Missing Since January 5, 2007 in Derry Township, PA

http://missingexploited.com/2007/01/19/arley-earhart-16-missing-since-january-5-2007-in-derry-township-pa/

Description:

5 feet, 6 inches tall
weighs 120 pounds
blonde hair
green eyes
last seen wearing a gray, hooded sweatshirt and blue jeans. She could be wearing glasses.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 12:30:15 PM by klaasend » Logged
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 01:08:45 AM »

Odd that there's almost no news about this missing girl?
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2007, 11:58:58 AM »

OMG  Derry Twp is real close to where I live Shocked
As a matter of fact approx 30 minutes if that.
This is the first I have heard about this girl. Sad
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2007, 12:02:54 PM »

Im going to emial the article to a few of my 911 friends and see if they have heard anything at work from the Latrobe or Derry PD.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2007, 12:08:42 PM »

Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"
Im going to emial the article to a few of my 911 friends and see if they have heard anything at work from the Latrobe or Derry PD.

Just sent out an email.and also to one of the SUPV at 911 who lives in Derry. I will let you know if I hear back anything.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2007, 01:27:46 PM »

An Article that was in out local paper yesterday:

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/mostread/s_489349.html

Derry sophomore missing

Arley Earhar

The search for a missing Derry Area High School sophomore who has had no contact with her family and friends over the past two weeks has baffled authorities.
Arley Earhart, 16, has been missing since 3:05 p.m. Jan. 5, when her boyfriend dropped her off at the BP Pit Quick Stop, in Derry Township on Route 982 across from the high school.

"In view that no one appears to have had any contact with Miss Earhart since Jan. 5, we have consulted with Pennsylvania state police and Westmoreland County detectives. We have worked speaking with friends, family, teachers and even looked at surveillance tapes and cellular telephone records, but nothing at all to explain her disappearance has popped up as of yet," said Latrobe Police Ptl. Michael Wigand.

Latrobe police have led the investigation into the teenager's disappearance because Earhart was staying with her grandmother, Loretta Hollick, of 823 Forest St., Latrobe, at the time she went missing. Earhart was supposed to be picked up by Hollick outside the store.

"She doesn't appear on the store's surveillance tapes, but we've had corroborating statements from witnesses, in addition to her boyfriend, who saw her waiting outside the store where she was last seen," Wigand said.

"We've worked diligently on this since we received the report. We originally suspected it could be a runaway, but the fact that she hasn't contacted anyone to our knowledge over the last 14 days is extreme in any case," Wigand added.

The U.S. Department of Justice reports that about 800,000 children are reported missing each year. Its statistics show about 50 percent turn out to be runaways and another 28 percent are reported missing because of misunderstandings. Various factors account for the other cases, including kidnappings, deaths and injuries.

The missing girl's mother, Renee McCleary, and father, Norman Earhart Jr., who are divorced, both live in Derry Township.

Hollick and McCleary said the fact that Arley hasn't apparently contacted family or friends, attempted to use her cellular telephone, or checked in on her beloved pets -- two horses, two dogs, a pregnant guinea pig and rabbits -- has them worried about her safety.

"To be gone for so long and to contact no one, we're all so fearful she might be in some kind of trouble. She'd be on that telephone talking or text messaging 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and there's been nothing," Hollick said.

"Thursday is day 14 and something is not right at all. She would always feed her pets and check up on them," McCleary added.

"Her guinea pig is about to have babies and she certainly would have checked on them," Hollick said.

Norman Earhart Jr., who has also been involved in the search, could not be reached for comment.

Arley has not contacted an older sister, Ashley Sebek, who lives in Arizona, and a brother, Ethan, who lives in Delmont.

Arley boarded her horses, Sabrina and General Lee, at a stable in Stahlstown, and cared for her rabbit and dogs at another Derry Township residence.

The teenager apparently skipped school the day she went missing to be with her boyfriend, who police did not identify. "He's also assisted in the search along with the family," McCleary said.

Family members and friends have posted signs throughout eastern Westmoreland County to assist in the search for the teenager.

Earhart is described as 5 feet, 6 inches tall. She weighs 120 pounds. She has blonde hair and green eyes.

She was last seen wearing a gray, hooded sweatshirt and blue jeans. She could be wearing glasses.

Anyone with information should contact Latrobe police at 724-537-5526 or dial 911.

Paul Peirce can be reached at ppeirce@tribweb.com or (724) 850-2860.

Back to headlines
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2007, 01:38:45 PM »

Klaas or Red. sorry. Maybe you can fix what I did. I wanted to add the link to the article and didnt realize I quoted myself. Thanks
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2007, 03:42:06 PM »

Thanks for the posts Angie, and the email to 911.

So close to you I wonder why there is not more news....

I hope they find this child alive soon.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2007, 03:55:24 PM »

Angie - I'm really surprised by the lack of information on this girl.  I searched yesterday for a myspace site and couldn't find one.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2007, 03:57:05 PM »

Klaas or Red. sorry. Maybe you can fix what I did. I wanted to add the link to the article and didnt realize I quoted myself. Thanks

Fixed  Wink
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2007, 11:41:03 PM »

Thanks Klaas and Jacquie!

It is sad Klaas that there hasnt been much news.. and I live close and havnt heard nothing?
 No emails back yet from the 911 folks, which is to be expected cause you damn near got to live there before you get to go home..lol
 The SUPV from Derry is the one I am curious to hear from the most.
 He did alot with the Flight 93 too.. Wink  
 Soon as I hear anything. I will post it.  Its bizarre as hell that its not plastered all over the news here in our county.  Sad
  This sucks... When I read here and saw Derry Twp.. I damn near fell off my chair!  TY Red for posting it.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2007, 11:41:48 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"

Angie - I'm really surprised by the lack of information on this girl.  I searched yesterday for a myspace site and couldn't find one.

I had my son look too.. and nuttin.
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2007, 01:29:21 AM »

Anyone know if there are circumstances where family and authorities would not want to publicize something like this?  The fact that she had all those animals and apparently lots of friends makes me think she wouldn't just take off with no word to anyone.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2007, 01:52:07 AM »

Quote from: "LilPuma"
Anyone know if there are circumstances where family and authorities would not want to publicize something like this?  The fact that she had all those animals and apparently lots of friends makes me think she wouldn't just take off with no word to anyone.

Its very odd.. Sad
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2007, 11:25:59 AM »

The Supv from 911 that lives in Derry responded back Sad
This is what he said:

NO, SORRY TO SAY, WE’VE HEARD NOTHING ELSE. IF I DO I’LL LET YOU KNOW
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2007, 01:02:05 PM »

I found Arley Earharts MySpace page.. !! She hasnt posted since August.
I also sent Klass the link to check out the picture to see if the thought it was her before I posted this. She agreed that it was. Just an FYI.. Blairsville..New Alex..Latrobe and Derry are all very close together. Arley seems to have popped around to different homes. In the profile on the myspace she also said she loved riding horses.

Here is the link to the page.. (I know it says shes 18..but kids lie about their ages on myspace)

http://www.myspace.com/crazy4countryboyz  

here is her pic on myspace compared to the one Red posted..

Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2007, 01:07:04 PM »

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2007, 03:59:55 PM »

Here is her Xanga site:

http://www.xanga.com/Crazy4countryboyz
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2007, 04:20:25 PM »

I just read it. (needed sunglasses for those colors..lol)

I went thru all the friends on my space and only one posted about her.
Kinzi.. and it was a poster with her pic on it.  Other then that no other kids made any comments whatsover about her being missing. Weird..
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2007, 04:49:35 PM »

I just read it. (needed sunglasses for those colors..lol)

I went thru all the friends on my space and only one posted about her.
Kinzi.. and it was a poster with her pic on it.  Other then that no other kids made any comments whatsover about her being missing. Weird..

It is wierd.  I'm beginning to wonder if she's a runaway??  Maybe she ran away with some guy or something?  I don't know..just seems odd that there is so little news about her.  It's like the police and friends know something we don't.
Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.