April 25, 2024, 02:34:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TX Cold Case: Darrell Wayne Cade murdered March 1988 Conroe TX  (Read 6899 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: April 13, 2010, 08:01:26 AM »

Montgomery County Sheriff's Asking Public's Help In Cold Case
Mon, 04/12/2010

The Montgomery County Sheriff's Office Cold Case-Homicide Squad is seeking the public’s assistance regarding the recent identification of skeletal remains found more than 21 years ago.

On March 20, 1988, Darrell Wayne Cade (24 yoa), was in the company of two associates when Cade was taken to the Montgomery County Fairgrounds, 9055 FM 1484, Conroe, Texas, in order to meet with an unknown individual. It is believed that the annual Montgomery County Fair and Rodeo was in progress at that time. Cade is not known to have been seen alive again.

On October 31, 1989, hunters discovered skeletal remains in a heavily wooded area, near the dead end of Nekoosa Street, within the Texaba Subdivision, located off FM 1484, Conroe. The remains were determined to belong to a male, but the identity of the victim was unknown.

The Montgomery County Sheriff's Office Cold Case-Homicide Squad was formed in 2007 and was assigned the task of collecting DNA reference samples from family members regarding unsolved missing person’s cases in which foul play was suspected.

During the course of this process, DNA samples were collected from Cade’s family and submitted to the University of North Texas Center for Human Identification (UNTCHI).
UNTCHI is one of a number of facilities located throughout the United States designated to extract DNA from family reference samples and unidentified human remains for entry into the Combined DNA Index System (CODIS).

In 2008, Cold Case Squad Detectives submitted the skeletal remains to UNTCHI. In January of 2010, Cold Case Detectives were notified of a CODIS “hit” between the DNA belonging to Cade’s family members and the skeletal remains recovered in the Texaba Subdivision. Additional analysis resulted in the positive identification of Darrell Wayne Cade.

This case is believed to be a homicide.

Darrell Wayne Cade was buried on March 11, 2010, with numerous family and friends in attendance. Cade’s elderly mother was present and had previously expressed her desire to obtain closure regarding her son’s disappearance while she was still living.  Cold Case Detectives have interviewed a number of people in this case, but are asking the public for assistance in obtaining leads. Darrell Wayne Cade resided on Chambers Street in Conroe at the time of his disappearance and had been employed as a mechanic.

Anyone with information regarding this case is asked to contact Cold Case Detectives at 281- 297-6507 or through Montgomery County Crime Stoppers at 800-392-(STOP) 7867. As always, anyone contacting Crime Stoppers will remain anonymous.

A profile of missing person cases (foul play) and unidentified human remains under the responsibility of the Sheriff’s Office can be viewed by going to www.mocosheriff.com and clicking on the “Cold Case” tab at the top of the homepage.

Photo: The victim, Darrell Wayne Cade

http://fatcatwebproductions.com/the_paper/287-montgomery-county-sheriffs-asking-publics-help-cold-case
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 08:38:57 AM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 10:10:34 AM »

adding photo again   
Cade, 24, disappeared from Conroe, Texas on March 22, 1988. In March 2010, his body was identified. It had been found years earlier. Further details are unavailable.
http://www.charleyproject.org/resolved/resolved61.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 03:07:34 PM »

adding photo again   
Cade, 24, disappeared from Conroe, Texas on March 22, 1988. In March 2010, his body was identified. It had been found years earlier. Further details are unavailable.
http://www.charleyproject.org/resolved/resolved61.html
Don't know if his Mom is still alive.  Glad she at least got to bury her beloved son.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.