April 24, 2024, 05:41:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Herb Kohl and Wisconsin's welfare state expansion  (Read 1337 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: April 14, 2010, 10:55:27 AM »

"Nothing is perfect, but please know that I am aware of the difficulties that farmers are facing," Kohl told the group when asked about his voting record on difficult policies such as health care and immigration reform. "[Coming from a business person myself,] I know that sometimes it's best if the government is not involved in issues that affect your farms and businesses. But sometimes, we do need to step in."

The state and national Farm Bureau groups opposed the recent health care bill signed by President Obama in March, stating that the policy includes 'new taxes, mandates, growth in government programs and that the overall cost far outweigh its benefits.' But Kohl said people should not be scared of the new program.

"This isn't a one-year, two-year or 20-year bill," he stressed. "The thing I like about the bill's passage is that the door is now open for change and improvement. As modifications become necessary, we can now work on making it better. But if the vote failed, the door would have been entirely closed."

He also cited statistics stating that the average person in America was paying about $7,300 a year in insurance premiums; yet most of the other industrialized countries around the world average $3,000 per year for insurance coverage.

"No one disputes that that's too high. These insurance, and pharmaceutical companies, are getting away with these higher prices because they can. At least in other counties, their governments could step in and negotiate with these companies to make the options more affordable."

And on the issue of immigration reform, Kohl said he expects Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid to address the bill later in the year, but told the group that he's working on his own legislation that would streamline the process of hiring immigrant workers for the dairy industry--which has a continual need for labor all 12 months of the year.

Let me think here - how many new payroll taxes will farmers have to pay for Obamacare?

http://www.wisconsinagconnection.com/story-state.php?Id=431&yr=2010

What about the experience of MassCare?  Have prices gone down?  Or are working Americans picking up the pieces for everyone?

Low cost basic insurance will disappear with Obamacare.

Farmers may supply housing, laundry, and other benefits to immigrant labor.  Aren't these the same things everyone needs?

How many chronically unemployed could find dependable work in rural America?  A life outside of welfare?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 05:35:16 PM »

"No one disputes that that's too high. These insurance, and pharmaceutical companies, are getting away with these higher prices because they can. At least in other counties, their governments could step in and negotiate with these companies to make the options more affordable."

Who does HE think HE is kidding ? ooh... U.S.  Of Course... How Foolish of me..  Monkey Devil!
 The insurance companies/oil companies and other companies OWN the players in the United States government.
They put you into office Mr. Kohl, YOU are there little boy and they spend billions of dollars every year in lobbyist money convincing you to vote thier way and if you do not .. you will have a Monica Lewinsky Scandal in your house. Or some other form of disgrace will be put upon you.

IF Any of them were honest they would have set price controls on hospitals and doctors as well as pharmaceutical companies FIRST.. Then We would be positive they had the situation under control before nationalizing health care.
Now it is all hidden and the money of this nation controls US and further more we are now slaves who MUST PURCHASE the plan and if we do not we will be FINED and PENALIZED.
The IRS will implement the fines and penalties and will attach wages and take away assets if you refuse to implement coverage.

I doubt that the government of jesters and fools will ever be able to bring down the cost of medical now that the law is in place.

Of course that is just my humble opinion.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.