March 28, 2024, 09:37:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "The Dark Art of Deceit" - Where have I seen this recently?  (Read 986 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: April 14, 2010, 11:59:00 AM »

The Rudd Government has engaged in a Machiavellian pattern of calculated deception with regard to issues involving the massive increase in the number of asylum seekers arriving by boat since it weakened Australia's border protection laws in August 2008.

The first deception is the continued insistence by Mr Rudd and his ministers that the only reason for the surge in boats is conflicts and dislocation in other nations notably Afghanistan and Sri Lanka, and the Government’s change in laws has not encouraged people smugglers.

But let us look at the facts.

From 2002 to July 2008, there was an average of three boats per year arriving in our northern waters.

Seven boats arrived in the five months after the laws were weakened, more than 60 arrived in 2009 and three per week in 2010 thus far. There has now been 110 boats arrive in the 20 months since the laws were weakened.

There have also been repeated published comments from people smugglers and asylum seekers that not only were they aware of the weakening of the laws but they were also greatly encouraged by the Government’s decision.

How long before illegal aliens in the US become 'asylum seekers'?

http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/blogs/the-bishops-gambit/the-dark-art-of-deceit/20100413-s78s.html

I believe there are a lot of horrible places in the world.  Why do some think the answer is immigration or asylum?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.