April 26, 2024, 11:22:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #34 4/19/10 - 4/22/10  (Read 263477 times)
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1320 on: April 21, 2010, 07:56:03 PM »

Sheriff: Haleigh Cummings Rumors False
Investigators Say Bones Found In River Those Of Animals

POSTED: Wednesday, April 21, 2010
UPDATED: 5:06 pm EDT April 21, 2010

An Amber Alert was issued Feb. 10, 2009, for 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings
 MORE ONLINE:
Haleigh Cummings Disappearance Timeline
Tour Of Satsuma Home Where Haleigh Disappeared

PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. -- The Putnam County Sheriff's Office said Wednesday that rumors that skeletal remains and the body of Haleigh Cummings have been found are false.

Sheriff Jeff Hardy made the announcement in a news release after Art Harris, an independent investigative reporter, claimed Tuesday that detectives showed Misty Cummings, Haleigh's former stepmother, bones they recovered from the crime scene along the St. Johns River.

"This information has been vastly misreported and sensationalized by the media," Hardy said in the release.

The Putnam County Sheriff's Office said it did recover animal remains such as alligator claws and teeth and multiple animal bones in its search of the St. Johns River last week. Investigators said they had an anthropologist at the scene that identified all "biological" items that were recovered as being non-human.

"Misty Cummings could have easily seen these items while she was at the dock while the dive operation was in progress," Hardy said.

According to Harris' blog The Bald Truth, police believe the bones could be the remains of Haleigh Cummings, the 5-year-old who disappeared from her Putnam County home 14 months ago.

Investigators said when they got the tip that led to the river, they were encouraged it would lead to something significant because it's a place they had never searched before, it was in a remote area and it was a logical place to get rid of something.

Sources told Channel 4 the tip came from Hank "Tommy" Croslin Jr., Misty Cummings' brother. Investigators were looking for cinder blocks with a yellow rope attached, and two cinder blocks were recovered in the water but not any yellow rope, according to sources.

Harris claims Misty Cummings shared the news of the bones with her brother, Hank Croslin, last Friday night. The pair was on their way from the St. Johns County Jail where they are awaiting trial on drug trafficking charges.

According to artharris.com, once they reached the Putnam County Sheriff’s Department in Palatka, detectives put Misty and Hank Croslin in separate rooms for further interrogation, before allowing them to ride together back to jail in the next county. Harris said sources told him it was the siblings first extended visit since both were arrested on drug charges three months ago.

WKMG
A woman who appears to be Misty Cummings was seen on a river dock where investigators were searching for evidence in the Haleigh Cummings case.

Harris went on to say "other than saying she showed 'emotion,' it’s unclear how either reacted or what was said, but their ride, like collect calls from jail, was caught on audio tape."

Terry Shoemaker, Ronald Cummings' attorney, told Nancy Grace that police have advised his client, and mother Crystal Sheffield, to make funeral arrangements to bury their missing 5-year-old.

Ann Dugger with the Justice Coalition said that the family has made preliminary inquiries with funeral homes, but no arrangements are made for a funeral or a memorial service.

The Bald Truth reported Haleigh's family has turned over items containing Haleigh’s DNA for forensic experts to compare to DNA from bones found at the river.

During one visit to the river, Ronald Cummings told Art Harris, Joe Overstreet enjoyed tossing deer meat into the water and watching alligators go into a feeding frenzy.

“He said, all of a sudden, there were a hundred eyes that popped out of the water, and Joe said, ‘This would be a good place to get rid of a body.’”
http://www.news4jax.com/news/23217461/detail.html

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1321 on: April 21, 2010, 07:56:04 PM »

you know how I know the accidental overdose on a pill is all bull crap?

No.  Do tell.....

this one is easy.

Misty says that she is sleeping, either 4 inches or four feet from Haleigh. If she took a pill and died this would have been discovered in the morning when everyone woke up and got the day started.

If she died from an accidental overdose, it would be assumed she was sleeping when Misty got up to go to the bathroom. But Misty has the abduction occur RIGHT here. To me - this is when she arrived back home in time for Ron's arrival.

So, Haliegh was gone long before the pee break ...there would be no reason to think Haleigh was doing anything that anyone else wouldn't be doing at 3 am - sleeping.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1322 on: April 21, 2010, 07:56:31 PM »

Did I hear Gummy Gram say when she "TOLD" Misty what Tommy had told her the day before?......so she put words in Misty's mouth?
Did I hear that incorrectly?

I don't know to be honest, I swear I'm going to have to wait for the transcript to come out to review what I thought I heard

Gummy Gram...omg! Too funny.
Nuna
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1323 on: April 21, 2010, 07:59:13 PM »

No.  Do tell.....

this one is easy.

Misty says that she is sleeping, either 4 inches or four feet from Haleigh. If she took a pill and died this would have been discovered in the morning when everyone woke up and got the day started.

If she died from an accidental overdose, it would be assumed she was sleeping when Misty got up to go to the bathroom. But Misty has the abduction occur RIGHT here. To me - this is when she arrived back home in time for Ron's arrival.

So, Haliegh was gone long before the pee break ...there would be no reason to think Haleigh was doing anything that anyone else wouldn't be doing at 3 am - sleeping.

Makes total sense.  Can't over think this one, huh?   
CBeach
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1324 on: April 21, 2010, 07:59:17 PM »

I would have been running all around the yard and then some screaming Haleigh's name, in hopes she just wandered out the home. Everybody around that neighborhood and then some would have heard me screaming. It was all staged to me right from the beginning, and Misty had a problem sticking to the script.
ITA everyone and their dog would be awake if I woke to find my child missing, also after I looked thru the house I would grab my other child and run like he77 to a neighbor's house for help. Not a chance I'd still be in the house not knowing where the perp was or if he was coming back.........absolutely nothing they did made a lick of sense from the get-go.

Remember the link that was posted about red flags in 911 calls That was an incredible bit of info about how many times the person started with an alibi vs what is happening and the percentage of those that were indeed the killer...........

Stages, scripted and played out from day 1

Another telling fact..there is absolutely no mention of Jr. in her story. If asked to give a play by play of each little thing you did, wouldn't you say...I woke up, saw the light, the door, Haleigh missing, yada yada......and I was scared chitless and grabbed up little jr. and went to the porch to wait for big daddy to get home and call the police......seems entirely focused on the Haleigh events and nothing about anything else. Maybe she did and i've missed it, but I don't think so

I don`t think you`ve missed anything. She never looked to see if Jr. was okay.

Saw the door...
Went for her cell phone...
...and that`s when I noticed Haliegh was missing.

I have heard her tell it many times... events keep changing order...

No Jr... ever mentioned.

Never made sense. Not even a lick of it!

IMO the reason it doesn't make any sense is because it didn't happen. 

Even though you're upset, you basically remember what happened.  BUT if you make up something to say, then it's not so easy to remember what or how or in what order you made it up.

Didn't happen.  That's the only thing that "makes sense"!

The way Ron is screaming and yelling in the 911 call I would have thought you would hear butter bean crying in the background.  I know my kids would have been hanging on me crying and scared.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1325 on: April 21, 2010, 08:00:50 PM »

NRCG

I just checked Davidson County records and don't see anything under Hollars (I think that is how it's spelled), for her name or age-now she could have been arrested in others counties, but I didn't check those

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1326 on: April 21, 2010, 08:01:21 PM »

No.  Do tell.....

this one is easy.

Agreed I have never liked the drug overdose theory.  It doesn't fit for some reason and I can't put my finger on why.

Misty wasn't home that night that is for sure.  Probably in a van parking in one of those spots Tommy knew so well for gettin high.   They probably call em "Hidey Holes".  Hence scratch on the van.  Just some of my thoughts.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1327 on: April 21, 2010, 08:01:49 PM »

Misty flunked four polygraphs, one LVA and sixth grade. But looks fabulous in cornrows.

+++

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1328 on: April 21, 2010, 08:01:57 PM »

Now she is giving up Misty because she was jealous of her relationship with Ron.   Motive "to get rid of her"   Why was she protecting her for days & now this, why change the story now....OK Im calling it Flo is just what I thought "Grannie Flora Holla for a Dolla" lying like a rug with a brain of a Bric o block 

I'm thinking that Gramma knows certain stuff and that's as far as her "thinking" goes.  BUT when JVM or NG asks questions like "why would LE take Misty to the river if she wasn't involved"...then...Gramma thinks a little more and spits out what she thinks.  I think her changing story is one of evolution (not back and forth like Misty)...but adding more and more as more questions come about to make her think.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1329 on: April 21, 2010, 08:02:21 PM »

Granny Flo needs to be careful checking her mail box .

and she may need someone to start her car  Monkey Devil!

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1330 on: April 21, 2010, 08:03:15 PM »

NRCG

I just checked Davidson County records and don't see anything under Hollars (I think that is how it's spelled), for her name or age-now she could have been arrested in others counties, but I didn't check those
Thanks, maybe she is the only one that has never been arrested 
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1331 on: April 21, 2010, 08:03:46 PM »

OMG~There she goes again with BIO-MOM.........FTLOG, she is/was HaLeigh's mother, at least give her that much. I should swear off NG, she makes me want to smoke and drink when I listen to her

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1332 on: April 21, 2010, 08:04:40 PM »

OMG~There she goes again with BIO-MOM.........FTLOG, she is/was HaLeigh's mother, at least give her that much. I should swear off NG, she makes me want to smoke and drink when I listen to her
I just cracked open a bottle of Baileys to get through this 
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1333 on: April 21, 2010, 08:04:55 PM »

No.  Do tell.....

this one is easy.

Agreed I have never liked the drug overdose theory.  It doesn't fit for some reason and I can't put my finger on why.

Misty wasn't home that night that is for sure.  Probably in a van parking in one of those spots Tommy knew so well for gettin high.   They probably call em "Hidey Holes".  Hence scratch on the van.  Just some of my thoughts.

the overdose angle doesn't work because it all happened at night. If this would have occurred during the day it could make more sense, but a 5 year old is usually asleep at 3 am.

It would have only been realized when someone went to wake her and there was no response.

But don't count this angle out for Misty yet - remember Misty is the victim and her attorney will undoubtedly make it something "accidental" in a plea that's coming down the road.

+++

Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1334 on: April 21, 2010, 08:07:17 PM »

Heart
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1335 on: April 21, 2010, 08:07:43 PM »

I just cracked open a bottle of Baileys to get through this 

I was thinking I'll pop a few Rovies and some Jack Daniels myself

[
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1336 on: April 21, 2010, 08:08:09 PM »

Misty flunked four polygraphs, one LVA and sixth grade. But looks fabulous in cornrows.

Rob, you are too funny.  And actually she looks like $--t in cornrows.

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1337 on: April 21, 2010, 08:09:43 PM »

This doesn't make sense...LE said they would stay "as long as it takes to get what they needed"...they stayed 3 days...I think they left with something they needed.

Yes, UNTIL DNA tests confirm that it is Haleigh's bones, the LE's statement that Haleigh's bones have not bee found is a correct statement.

However, the public isn't so stupid as to think they spent thousands and thousands of dollars on a 3-day search to walk away with nothing!  So there!!

Puzzler ... I agree.

Granny Flor is all over the place in regards to speculations as she is afforded her 15 minutes of fame but ... she remains firm on what Tommy and Missy related to her last week in telephone conversations of last week.

Then there is LE activity that took place immediately following Tommy's telephone call from jail to his grandmother ... Tommy's telephone call from jail that LE confirms exists and was  recorded.

1.  The river search that is ongoing day and night for three days.
2.  Cinder blocks that are discovered in the designated search area.
3.  Misty's presence with LE at the dock.
4.  The homicide status of the investigation.
5.  Persons of interest identified by LE.
6.  The midnight interrogation of Joe Overstreet.
7.  Confirmation that Tommy is the source behind the river search.

I am anticipating the release of the recorded telephone conversations between Granny Flora and her grandkids.

Puzzler ... could it be that the cinder bricks with yellow rope was the smoking gun and this evidence was discovered?

Janet

++++++++

TOMMY - ACCORDING TO GRANDMA

Issues with Jane Velez-Mitchell – April 15, 2010

FLORA HOLLARS, MISTY`S AND JOE`S GRANDMOTHER: Because of the way that Tommy talked to my -- I brought Tommy down Sunday night on the telephone. And that`s when he started telling me, and I toad him, I says, "Hey, Tommy, you failed your lie detector test. Now, I`m fixing to ask you right now. I know in my heart who I think did it."

He says, "Who did you think, Nanny?"

I said, "I think Joe."

He says, "You`re right. Joe is the one that did it."

<snipped>

HOLLARS: What Tommy told me when I broke him down was the fact that Joe stated to him that, if he opened his mouth and said anything, that he would bring a gun back down there and kill his whole family. And Misty stated that he had put a knife to her throat that night, which I know Joe does have knives, and I know Joe does have guns in his house out there.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/15/ijvm.01.html

MISTY - ACCORDING TO GRANDMA

Nancy Grace – April 15, 2010

FLORA HOLLARS, MISTY`S AND JOE`S GRANDMOTHER:  What I was told by Misty this morning was that Tommy and Joe took Haleigh and wrapped a yellow rope around her and carried her to the dock and tied a brick around the bottom -- the other end of the rope and throwed her into the river. Now, that come from Misty`s mouth into my ear ....

GRACE: She just said that Joe Overstreet killed Misty -- killed Haleigh?

HOLLARS: He and Tommy -- she said Joe Overstreet and Tommy wrapped the rope around Haleigh and carried her to the dock at the St. John`s River and put a block around the other end of the rope and throwed her in the river.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/15/ng.01.html

TOMMY - ACCORDING TO ATTORNEY

Attorney: Tommy Croslin Gave Investigators Tip
Sun., April 18, 2010

An attorney said Friday that his client, Hank "Tommy" Croslin Jr., led investigators to the St. Johns River in the latest search for Haleigh Cummings.

Attorney James Werter said Croslin met with investigators for over an hour before leading Florida Department of Law Enforcement officials and Putnam County deputies to the river.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36604607/ns/local_news-orlando_fl/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1338 on: April 21, 2010, 08:09:52 PM »

Oh crap........Art is the same color Orange/yellow as his tie

[
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1339 on: April 21, 2010, 08:09:56 PM »

Oh yes 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.