April 27, 2024, 12:48:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #34 4/19/10 - 4/22/10  (Read 263511 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1740 on: April 22, 2010, 04:05:48 PM »

No human remains found in search

By Kristin Chambers
Published: Thursday, April 22, 2010 2:50 AM EDT

Authorities reiterated Wednesday that no trace of Haleigh Cummings have been found after some bloggers and TV reports indicated the missing 5-year-old's remains had been discovered.

"No remains of Haleigh have been found," Maj. Gary Bowling, director of law enforcement for the Putnam County Sheriff's Office, said Wednesday. "We found a lot of biological things, but the anthropologist on scene confirmed nothing was human remains."

The response came after a recent rumor spread that Haleigh's body had been located in last week's three-day search of the St. Johns River.

"There's been a bunch of crazy reporting going on," Bowling said. "We don't have anything of Haleigh."

Animal remains such as alligator claws and teeth and multiple animal bones were found and examined by the anthropologist on site, he said.

"In an effort to prevent this false information from impeding our investigation, Sheriff Hardy wants to quell these rumors so we can maintain our focus on the criminal investigation," a statement issued by the sheriff's office said.

The search near the Shell Harbour Road boat ramp began last week after investigators received a tip related to Haleigh's disappearance. The search was concluded one week ago today after the 15 to 30 divers who searched in the murky waters of the St. Johns found items that were sent to independent labs for analysis.

Hardy announced then that no body or human remains were found.

Haleigh was reported missing at 3:27 a.m. on Feb. 10, 2009.

More than 14 months have past and no sign of the blond-haired 5-year-old has been found, despite massive searches by law enforcement officers and volunteers on land and in the St. Johns River.

Haleigh's disappearance initially was described by authorities as a child-abduction case. Last Thursday, Sheriff Jeff Hardy officially labeled it a homicide.

Then 17-year-old Misty Croslin, was dating Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings, and was babysitting Haleigh the night she went missing.

Croslin, now 18, told deputies she put Haleigh to bed just after 8 p.m. and went to bed herself a couple hours later. Croslin said she awoke around 3 a.m. to use the restroom when she noticed the kitchen light on, the door propped open with a cinder block and Haleigh gone.

Haleigh's father, 26-year-old Ronald Cummings, was returning from his night-shift job at PDM Bridge in Palatka when the child was reported missing.

Diving squads, ground searches, bloodhounds and helicopters scoured areas of the river and Satsuma woods while door-to-door interviews were conducted and officers searched vehicles at roadblocks.

Two camps with tents were set up in the neighborhood to house the maternal and paternal sides of Haleigh's family. For more than a month, tents remained aglow with hundreds of candles used in nightly vigils while national news media spotlighted the child's disappearance.

A month later, Croslin and Cummings married at his grandmother's house in Welaka.

Authorities named Croslin, then known as Misty Cummings, as the key to the investigation after her statements to investigators had numerous inconsistencies about what took place between 10 p.m. Feb. 9, 2009, and 3 a.m. the next day.

After seven months, Cummings divorced Croslin, citing public scrutiny.

In January, Cummings, Croslin, Hank Croslin Jr., Cummings' cousin Hope Sykes and a former search volunteer Donna Brock of Or

lando were arrested following a month-long narcotics investigation into the trafficking of prescription pills.

They remain in jail today. Croslin's bond is $1.5 million and Cummings' bond at $900,000.

kchambers@palatkadailynews.com

http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2010/04/22/news/news01.txt

Thanks Heart.

I maintain my postition.  I speculate that a yellow rope was found tied to the cinder blocks in a designated area indicated by Tommy.

For the most part ... I take with a grain of salt the words of most talk show hosts' panel "experts".  However ... I agree 100% with the words of Mike Brooks and Jayne Weintraub on last night's JVM.

Janet

+++++++

ISSUES WITH JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL
Misty`s Grandmother Sheds Light on Haleigh`s Disappearance
Aired April 21, 2010 - 19:00:00   ET

MIKE BROOKS, HLN LAW ENFORCEMENT ANALYST: And Jane, I really don`t think also that law enforcement would have gone to all this trouble and this whole dive operation, had they not thought that the information they got was very credible.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Yes.

JAYNE WEINTRAUB, CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Especially to stay all night on a river. I mean, it`s really -- it`s unheard of. ...

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/21/ijvm.01.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
faith1109
Scared Monkey

You are loved. Don't give up!

« Reply #1741 on: April 22, 2010, 04:06:27 PM »

She’s very angry, feels very betrayed and may be getting a divorce,” a source close to the mother of three tells me. On Monday, Lindsay could not be reached for comment about any such plans.

Lindsay should  divorce his ass, and be thankful none of her kids have their daddy ears.JMO

Agreed.  When you realize you are married to a bad guy after years of being the devoted wife, it is best to get out as quickly as possible.  Save what is left of yours and your children's lives to recover and move on.  Every day you spend trying to believe it's not true or listen to the excuses and lies will be a day you live to regret.  Unfortunately I know this from personal experience.  And amen on the ears.
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1742 on: April 22, 2010, 04:07:59 PM »

Maven2379

PCSO asks Bloggers and TV Personalities to BACK OFF: http://bit.ly/awlkXG

Heart
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1743 on: April 22, 2010, 04:15:06 PM »

She’s very angry, feels very betrayed and may be getting a divorce,” a source close to the mother of three tells me. On Monday, Lindsay could not be reached for comment about any such plans.

Lindsay should  divorce his ass, and be thankful none of her kids have their daddy ears.JMO

The ears can be flatten through a simple medical procedure.  Blonde ... it about breaking the cycle by assuring the children are raised in an environment where their well-being is the priority ... not drugs.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #1744 on: April 22, 2010, 04:19:26 PM »

They can also be flattened with a legal procedure... it`s called introduction into general pop.

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1745 on: April 22, 2010, 04:20:30 PM »

PSCO is out of line in my opinion. I know there will be others that disagree and that's always fine. But hear me out here for a second.

They announce that a homicide was committed and the victim was a 5 year old. They made this astonishing leap after investigating the case as a missing person or possible abduction the entire time.

Should the citizens take extra precautions? Is there a serial predator on the loose? Is the person responsible to Haleigh's demise already locked up? These are reasonable questions and I would expect them to be asked of any LE agency.

Hardy got a huge pass the other day and one he likely won't see again. Which is why there will be few press conferences in the future. He could stand there and stonewall and not answer, but that's just fuels the fire and adds more to the dynamics.

It's entirely unreasonable to ask the press, bloggers and TV to back off. It's not going to happen and it's foolish to ask when you have done nothing to clarify any of the questions rightfully being asked.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1746 on: April 22, 2010, 04:25:19 PM »

PSCO is out of line in my opinion. I know there will be others that disagree and that's always fine. But hear me out here for a second.

They announce that a homicide was committed and the victim was a 5 year old. They made this astonishing leap after investigating the case as a missing person or possible abduction the entire time.

Should the citizens take extra precautions? Is there a serial predator on the loose? Is the person responsible to Haleigh's demise already locked up? These are reasonable questions and I would expect them to be asked of any LE agency.

Hardy got a huge pass the other day and one he likely won't see again. Which is why there will be few press conferences in the future. He could stand there and stonewall and not answer, but that's just fuels the fire and adds more to the dynamics.

It's entirely unreasonable to ask the press, bloggers and TV to back off. It's not going to happen and it's foolish to ask when you have done nothing to clarify any of the questions rightfully being asked.

Rob - I agree and I personal have no intentions of backing off.  I do agree that Art Harris and others that claim to have inside information about bones found should think twice before blogging.  This case in particular doesn't need any more sensationalism and exaggerations.
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1747 on: April 22, 2010, 04:27:56 PM »

Heart thanks for the article, but you know - they're gonna get more interviews, articles and posts - that's the way these things go.

It's funny in a way, they want it to be a homicide with no body, no evidence and no suspect(s). I think the police put themselves in this mess all on their own. Maybe, just maybe, they jumped the gun calling it a homicide until they had evidence and they wonder why people are scratching their heads wondering how they know what they know.

All very true Rob!

Heart
my2cents
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1748 on: April 22, 2010, 04:30:29 PM »

I agree with you too Rob and I am not too happy with LE right now......
TxLady2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1749 on: April 22, 2010, 04:30:45 PM »

LindsyLPN (17 hours ago)

As of now, Flora is no longer welcome in our lives.

She has probably been looking for a way to get rid of all of them for 25 years.

Bless her little heart!

an angelic monkey
I agree, and I wonder if Flo is from butcher hollar, remember Loretta Lynns song about Butcher Hollar, I think she knew Granny too...lol..just kidding.

LOL!! I think Loretta was from KY.

Be who you are and say what you think; because those that matter won't mind.. and those that mind, don't matter.
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #1750 on: April 22, 2010, 04:33:17 PM »

Carpe - I roll when I see that picture of Tommy and his ears.   

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1751 on: April 22, 2010, 04:34:00 PM »

TONIGHT AT 8 ON NANCY GRANT YOUR GRACE!!!!

FIGHT OF THE CENTURY

------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1752 on: April 22, 2010, 04:38:40 PM »

I gotta go to work, but will be bakc to watch NG at 10, ttyl....

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1753 on: April 22, 2010, 04:40:06 PM »

FIGHT OF THE CENTURY

I know if I except a knockdown drag out hair pullin' fiasco, it won't happen ... I'm keeping my expectations low and secretly hoping that it's 5 rounds in the octagon  Monkey Devil!

+++

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1754 on: April 22, 2010, 04:40:41 PM »

They can also be flattened with a legal procedure... it`s called introduction into general pop.

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1755 on: April 22, 2010, 04:43:28 PM »

FIGHT OF THE CENTURY

I know if I except a knockdown drag out hair pullin' fiasco, it won't happen ... I'm keeping my expectations low and secretly hoping that it's 5 rounds in the octagon  Monkey Devil!

I'd pay to see that.   Monkey Devil!

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1756 on: April 22, 2010, 04:46:13 PM »

FIGHT OF THE CENTURY

My money is on branmawwww Sykes!!! Have you seen the chin on that broad?

Just like an anvil.

Heck, I am over 6ft 200... I`d be scattering like a cat that just got shot with a garden hose!

------------------
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1757 on: April 22, 2010, 04:53:32 PM »

FIGHT OF THE CENTURY

My money is on branmawwww Sykes!!! Have you seen the chin on that broad?

Just like an anvil.

Heck, I am over 6ft 200... I`d be scattering like a cat that just got shot with a garden hose!

Grace : Art, will you please shut up while we show a picture of Gramma Hollars eating pancakes in a bubble bath and Grammie Sykes on her new tricycle.

+++

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1758 on: April 22, 2010, 04:57:27 PM »

Rob - I agree and I personal have no intentions of backing off.  I do agree that Art Harris and others that claim to have inside information about bones found should think twice before blogging.  This case in particular doesn't need any more sensationalism and exaggerations.

Klaas, ITA expressed a similar view.   There is a huge difference in speaking to what is before us, it is another to fabricate, exaggerate, sensationalize or flat out lie about facts that are not.

Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1759 on: April 22, 2010, 04:57:40 PM »

Shortly after our story broke, to quell a media frenzy of rumors about what we did not report— that Haleigh’s body, or skeletal remains had been recovered –– the sheriff’s department declared in a hastily issued press release that the bones detectives showed Misty were not human remains, and certainly not Haleigh Cummings.

The sheriff’s department blasted accounts suggesting Haleigh Cummings remains had been found as “vastly misreported and sensationalized by the media.”

Explaining how Misty happened to see the bones, the release said, “Misty Croslin could have easily seen these items while she was at the dock while the dive operation was in progress.”

http://www.artharris.com/2010/04/22/police-confirm-misty-croslin-saw-bones/#more-4197

Heart
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.