April 26, 2024, 11:30:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #34 4/19/10 - 4/22/10  (Read 263480 times)
Nuna
Scared Monkey

« Reply #820 on: April 20, 2010, 10:10:37 PM »

(I typed too quick--I really do know how to spell, and how to use proper grammar.)     

Nuna~   don't worry , if I didn't have spell check you would think I was a real dufus   

No I wouldn't!  It only bothers me when I do it....    
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #821 on: April 20, 2010, 10:11:14 PM »

I had a thought last night, but didn't post as it was too late and my computer was off. Haleigh was wearing clothes, we don't know what clothes. Could they have found some children's clothes in the muck where the cinder blocks were ?
I find it unusual that they transported Misty and Tommy back to jail in the same vehicle. I too was thinking it was a ruse (showing her some bones ), but I can't see PCSD telling them to make funeral plans unless they had alot more than what we are being told. It would be not only cruel, but unethical.

Hi Kat Gram.  I think it quite likely they may have found some of Haleigh's clothing.
I wonder if Misty and Tommy's conversations in the transport back to jail
were recorded.   
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #822 on: April 20, 2010, 10:14:56 PM »

Does anyone know if JVM has transcripts????? Just curious because IIRC it was Levi that asked the question of GGMHollars in regards to JO having a juvi record for sex crimes and she said no. I know we have all wondered and asked that question over and over and over, so I want to make sure I heard her correctly.

TIA to anyone who knows

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
O4Bull
Monkey Junky

Boycott ALL the Scamthonys THEY are ALL LIARS.

« Reply #823 on: April 20, 2010, 10:16:06 PM »

Monkey Devil!
Flo just said that if Joe molested Misty she must have liked it because she always wanted to hang out with him.
  Monkey Devil! That's funny....I don't care who you are. LMAO

So much for her being afraid of him, she's probably the one raping him, not the other way around.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #824 on: April 20, 2010, 10:17:12 PM »

I'm sorry - but you ALL wanted to know. 

Unless the person that told me is wrong - you now know. I don't think this person is wrong.

I am sorry to be the one to say it / break it to you.

It reminds me of a comment that Carpe and I made wayyy back when - during the Caylee case - WE / I would have adopted her.

((sigh)) we all love children and we all want the best for kids.

an angelic monkey

Thanks, Rob.  And I think many of us go to the thought that there has to be a good reason to go to such lengths to conceal a body.  I mean something like a visible injury.  Overdose can be blamed on the victim but there is no way to blame an obvious injury on the victim.

The life of another beautiful child taken.  There is no justice in these cases as nothing brings back that child.  She is gone forever and no trail can fix that.  Nothing can and the pain is just unbearable for those who loved her.  I don't agree with the SCOTUS ruling that those under 18 cannot receive the death penalty.  Being tried as an adult should remove that condition IMO.

Anna, so good to see you back here. I remember you being very active in this thread early on.

You are so right saying ... something I never saw before: "There is no justice in these cases as nothing brings back that child.  She is gone forever and no trail can fix that."

But as I see it, that is all we can do ... fight against those who harmed the victims and make sure they are brought to justice, and held accountable. It is all we have left.

I also believe that our justice system needs revamping desperately!

As you said: "I don't agree with the SCOTUS ruling that those under 18 cannot receive the death penalty.  Being tried as an adult should remove that condition IMO."

I agree.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #825 on: April 20, 2010, 10:18:24 PM »

I had a thought last night, but didn't post as it was too late and my computer was off. Haleigh was wearing clothes, we don't know what clothes. Could they have found some children's clothes in the muck where the cinder blocks were ?

I find it unusual that they transported Misty and Tommy back to jail in the same vehicle. I too was thinking it was a ruse (showing her some bones ), but I can't see PCSD telling them to make funeral plans unless they had alot more than what we are being told. It would be not only cruel, but unethical.

Hi Kat_Gram

an angelic monkey

Misty shared with Grandma Flora that a yellow rope and cinder block was used in the river disposal of Misty.  Could it be that the a cinder block with a yellow rope was discovered in the location shown to authorties by Tommy?

Only speculating.

Janet

++++

NANCY GRACE
Aired April 15, 2010 - 20:00:00   ET

FLORA HOLLARS, MISTY CROSLIN AND JOE OVERSTREET`S GRANDMOTHER What I was told by Misty this morning was that Tommy and Joe took Haleigh and wrapped a yellow rope around her and carried her to the dock and tied a brick around the bottom -- the other end of the rope and throwed her into the river. Now, that come from Misty`s mouth into my ear.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/15/ng.01.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #826 on: April 20, 2010, 10:18:29 PM »

Rob,
Sorry to hear about your sister and the tragedy that happened in an instant and undoubtedly has altered her life in many ways, because she cares.
Also sorry for the victim and their family.  an angelic monkey

O4Bull
Monkey Junky

Boycott ALL the Scamthonys THEY are ALL LIARS.

« Reply #827 on: April 20, 2010, 10:18:41 PM »

Flo just said that if Joe molested Misty she must have liked it because she always wanted to hang out with him.

I dropped my slice of pizza when she said it. I think I`ve severely burned my groin!

omg, how can we help you?
careful, he might take you up on it Bud's girl 
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #828 on: April 20, 2010, 10:20:29 PM »

Monkey Devil!
  Monkey Devil! That's funny....I don't care who you are. LMAO

So much for her being afraid of him, she's probably the one raping him, not the other way around.
Gumma is refreshingly  un PC.  Common sense says that if somebody molested you AND killed your step child you're not gonna be up for hanging out night after night. 
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #829 on: April 20, 2010, 10:21:28 PM »

Miz Hollars at 67 looks way better dolled up than Lisa Croslin could ever look.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #830 on: April 20, 2010, 10:21:50 PM »

I have not ever believed (you know me, waiting for real evidence)...that anyone has been told by LE to prepare for a funeral. Not yet.
That was only reported by Ronald's attorney, AFAIK. And we all know, attorneys never lie or stretch the truth!

Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #831 on: April 20, 2010, 10:26:07 PM »

I wonder if Hank  , Lisa, Misty, and Tommy are watching JVM and NG tonight! 

Heart
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #832 on: April 20, 2010, 10:26:21 PM »

Does anyone know if JVM has transcripts????? Just curious because IIRC it was Levi that asked the question of GGMHollars in regards to JO having a juvi record for sex crimes and she said no. I know we have all wondered and asked that question over and over and over, so I want to make sure I heard her correctly.

TIA to anyone who knows

TRANSCRIPTS

ISSUES WITH JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/ijvm.html

NANCY GRACE
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/ng.html

+++++++

Joe Overstreet's attorney does not deny that his client has an juvenile record.

Janet
________

NANCY GRACE
Aired April 19, 2010 - 20:00:00   ET

SHAWN SIRGO, ATTORNEY FOR JOE OVERSTREET: That`s right. And I`ll say it again. Anything that has to do with a juvenile is protected, whether it`s civil or criminal --

NANCY GRACE, HOST: So you`re denying he has a record?

SIRGO: I -- ma`am, I`m explaining to you that I cannot tell you one way or the other because by court order and rules we cannot discuss anything to do with a juvenile in a court case.

GRACE: Actually, that`s not the law. Actually, what the law is that the court or the district attorney or the prosecution or the cops, the police, they cannot divulge it. Your client or you could divulge it.

Nothing bars you or your client from divulging his juvenile record. So don`t try to pull that over on me, Mr. Sirgo.

SIRGO: Ma`am, you`re wrong. If I have things under seal, as you know, I would not be able to discuss them. So since you`re not in Tennessee and you don`t know the cases I`ve been involved in, you have no knowledge of why I`m taking the stand I`m taking. You`re speculating.

GRACE: You tried to tell me what the law was, and that`s not the law.

Burris? When a juvenile has a record --

JOHN BURRIS, DEFENSE LAWYER: Well, clearly --

GRACE: When a juvenile has a juvenile record, isn`t it true that the juvenile can allow his attorney to discuss the record?

BURRIS: Well, the record is sealed. And I don`t --

(CROSSTALK)

GRACE: I know the record is sealed.

BURRIS: I don`t think that a juvenile as a juvenile can unseal or talk about his record --

GRACE: I didn`t ask for it to be unsealed.

BURRIS: Well, OK. I don`t --

GRACE: A juvenile or a defendant can easily discuss --

BURRIS: Anyone can talk about their record. Anybody can talk about their record at any point in time. There`s no rule that says --

GRACE: Exactly. Anne Bremner?

BURRIS: -- you have a record, you can`t talk about it. You simply --

GRACE: Anne Bremner, what about it?

BREMNER: You`re right on, Nancy. You`re absolutely right.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/19/ng.01.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #833 on: April 20, 2010, 10:28:20 PM »

I wonder if Hank  , Lisa, Misty, and Tommy are watching JVM and NG tonight! 

I bet they are feeling rocks in the pit of there stomachs right now.  Kinda of an o crap we r screwed moment all around.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #834 on: April 20, 2010, 10:28:48 PM »

My thoughts and prayers are with your sister Rob, can't even imagine how distraught she is  an angelic monkey

Mine too, Rob. What a horrible thing to have happen and to live with.

(And no, I have never seen Misty overwrought with grief over the loss of Haleigh.)

ditto from me too Rob....
the only time that Misty has been upset that I have seen is about herself...not about Haleigh...jmo...

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #835 on: April 20, 2010, 10:31:29 PM »

Rob,
Thank you for your posts in recent days. 

I am somewhat confused and hope you can help.

Regarding the bones that were allegedly shown to Misty @ the dock.

Is that what you were referring to in your recent post?  Or the fact that bones were found as many of us surmised?

I think it is odd that Misty would be shown actual evidence of that kind. Isn't that sacred? 

I can understand LE showing Misty "other" bones to elicit a reaction or a confession.

If I am totally misunderstanding, please forgive.  tia

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #836 on: April 20, 2010, 10:31:52 PM »

Thank you, Brandi.  Yes, I have followd but from the rafters as I could only add my prayers and no new information.

You are correct that we must seek justice and punishement to the fullest extent of the law.  And not even that is half enough but it's all we have as you said.

I agree completely and also see maximum punishemnts as a deterrent to others who might be tempted to do such things.

Lately I have to admit to seeing similarities between Misty and Casey that I hope are just coincidental or common to those who commit such callous acts against children but the thought has even gone through my mind that Misty being about as sharp as a bowling ball just might think she could do something similar but being a better liar than Casey she would get away with it.  I hope I am wrong and imagining that.

But I agree completely.  We seek and even demand the maximum for those who did this because it's all we can do now.  And I also think there is little we can do to prevent this kind of horror before it happens, either.  It's totally frustrating and heartbreaking.  Stronger laws and stiffer sentences for all who abuse children and especially RSO's.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #837 on: April 20, 2010, 10:32:14 PM »

Good evening fellow monkeys!  I'm just dropping in to see if there have been any new developments.  I guess not.  You know, this case perplexes me.  While many comment on how "dumb" this group is, they've been able to conceal the murder of a child for over 14 months, all the while leaving some of the most respected detectives and law enforcement personnel guessing.  Had the authorities not had the luck of busting these derelicts for running drugs, they probably would still have law enforcement frustrated and seemingly running around chasing their tails while they try to think up ways of trying to "break" them.

I don't know what to think about the recent news.  There has been so much misinformation in this case and "false alarms," it's like the boy that cried wolf.  So I'm going to wait to hear an official announcement before I believe anything.  I do think Rob is probably right about them finding something akin to a bone.  Do I believe they "showed it to Misty at the docks?"  Not a chance.  Law enforcement would never disrespect the remains of anyone, let alone a small child like Haleigh, by doing something as outrageous as that.  That, of course, is just my opinion.  But I just can't see it happening, especially since they'd have no way of knowing at that point whether they were human or not.

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #838 on: April 20, 2010, 10:32:36 PM »

O/T    Missing

Rebecca Collins-Fisher, 16, and Brian Ortiz-Molina, 14, Palm Beach County

Authorities continue search for missing autistic teens from Wellington

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=7630.msg1118125#msg1118125

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #839 on: April 20, 2010, 10:33:56 PM »

TIA to anyone who knows

TRANSCRIPTS

ISSUES WITH JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/ijvm.html

NANCY GRACE
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/ng.html

+++++++

Joe Overstreet's attorney does not deny that his client has an juvenile record.

Janet
________

NANCY GRACE
Aired April 19, 2010 - 20:00:00   ET

SHAWN SIRGO, ATTORNEY FOR JOE OVERSTREET: That`s right. And I`ll say it again. Anything that has to do with a juvenile is protected, whether it`s civil or criminal --

NANCY GRACE, HOST: So you`re denying he has a record?

SIRGO: I -- ma`am, I`m explaining to you that I cannot tell you one way or the other because by court order and rules we cannot discuss anything to do with a juvenile in a court case.

GRACE: Actually, that`s not the law. Actually, what the law is that the court or the district attorney or the prosecution or the cops, the police, they cannot divulge it. Your client or you could divulge it.

Nothing bars you or your client from divulging his juvenile record. So don`t try to pull that over on me, Mr. Sirgo.

SIRGO: Ma`am, you`re wrong. If I have things under seal, as you know, I would not be able to discuss them. So since you`re not in Tennessee and you don`t know the cases I`ve been involved in, you have no knowledge of why I`m taking the stand I`m taking. You`re speculating.

GRACE: You tried to tell me what the law was, and that`s not the law.

Burris? When a juvenile has a record --

JOHN BURRIS, DEFENSE LAWYER: Well, clearly --

GRACE: When a juvenile has a juvenile record, isn`t it true that the juvenile can allow his attorney to discuss the record?

BURRIS: Well, the record is sealed. And I don`t --

(CROSSTALK)

GRACE: I know the record is sealed.

BURRIS: I don`t think that a juvenile as a juvenile can unseal or talk about his record --

GRACE: I didn`t ask for it to be unsealed.

BURRIS: Well, OK. I don`t --

GRACE: A juvenile or a defendant can easily discuss --

BURRIS: Anyone can talk about their record. Anybody can talk about their record at any point in time. There`s no rule that says --

GRACE: Exactly. Anne Bremner?

BURRIS: -- you have a record, you can`t talk about it. You simply --

GRACE: Anne Bremner, what about it?

BREMNER: You`re right on, Nancy. You`re absolutely right.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/19/ng.01.html

Thanks Janet!!!

I was talking specifically about a JUVI record for sex crimes, GGMHollars stated he did not
, just car theft. I guess I will have to watch it again on youtube, so I'll need more of this

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.