April 16, 2024, 12:59:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gebar J. Byrd, Jr., 2 msg. after mom is found dead 3/28/10 University City MO  (Read 9592 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: April 16, 2010, 02:52:26 PM »

Police search for Gebar J. Byrd, Jr. after his mother found dead

KSDK -- University City police are looking for an endangered two-year-old boy after his mother's body was pulled from the Mississippi River last week.

University City police are looking for Gebar J. Byrd, Jr. He is 2'3" and weighs 26 pounds. He has black hair and brown eyes. He is bi-racial, both African-American and Hispanic.

University City police said the boy and his 24-year-old mother, Yasmin Rodriguez, were reported missing on March 28 after family members had not heard from Rodriguez. Police said she had left the child after a disagreement with the boy's father at their home in the 6600 block of Crest.

University City police said the boy's father has been cooperating in the investigation.

St. Louis police said firefighters pulled the body of Rodriguez from the river at 1st and Mullanphy on April 9. Police said there weren't any obvious signs of trauma on her body, but they were still waiting for the outcome of the autopsy.

Anyone with information is asked to call CrimeStoppers at 1-866-371-TIPS. All calls are anonymous.
http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=200260&catid=40

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 02:55:55 PM »

Here is what I believe her 'body find' report is....

Woman's body found in Mississippi River at St. Louis
By Associated Press
4:23 PM CDT, April 9, 2010

ST. LOUIS (AP) — Authorities are seeking to identify the body of a woman discovered in the Mississippi River at St. Louis.

Police say a fisherman found the body on Friday as it floated near the shore. There were no signs of trauma, and police say it appeared the body had been in the water for a long time.

http://www.fox2now.com/news/sns-ap-mo--river-bodyfound,0,2966531.story

I have not found an update with ID, but I think this is Gebar's mom. It is apx. 6 miles from where she was last seen.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 03:48:52 PM »

Yep....that was her

Body found in Mississippi River identified as missing woman; son still missing
Posted on April 16, 2010 at 1:46 PM

The woman's body found floating in the Mississippi River last Friday has been identified as a woman who was reported missing.

Authorities said the body of Yasmin Rodriguez, 24, was discovered by a fisherman near the flood wall north of downtown. It appeared the body had been there for some time.

Authorities said when Rodriguez's body was recovered from the river there were no obvious signs of trauma. At this time the cause of death is still undetermined pending the outcome of the final autopsy report.

Rodriguez and her two-year-old son Gebar Byrd, Jr. were reported missing from University City. Rodriguez reportedly left with the child after a disagreement with the child’s father, Gebar Byrd, Sr. at their residence in the 6600 block of Crest. The child’s father has been cooperating with police. It is unclear as to how her body eventually ended up in St. Louis City. 

Anyone with information is asked to call CrimeStoppers at 1-866-371-TIPS. All calls are anonymous.

http://www.kmov.com/news/local/Body-found-in-Mississippi-River-identified-as-missing-woman-91051029.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 11:23:42 AM »

Missing boy's father pleads for son's return

by Brendan Marks

Posted on April 17, 2010 at 5:08 PM

Updated yesterday at 8:39 PM

KMOV -- The father of a missing University City toddler made a public plea Saturday for the boy's return.

The two-year-old and his mother were reported missing by her family members March 28th. On Friday, April 9, the mother's body was found in the Mississippi River. The boy, however, still remains missing.

Gebar Byrd Sr. met with reporters this afternoon and pleaded for the return of his son. Byrd says he last saw his son, Gebar Byrd Jr. and his fiance, 24-year-old Yasmin Rodriguez, on March 25th.

Byrd told police an argument between him and Rodriguez ended with him leaving the the house. When he returned, the boy and his mother were gone.

"I really do want to make sure that I'm able to get in contact with my son cause he does need to be with his father now that his mother is out of the way," Byrd told reporters. "...I do believe there was some foul play involved...I'm not sure what type but someone came and picked them up...I'm not sure what happened that's all I know..."

While Rodriguez's family has accused him of being involved with the boy's disappearance, Byrd says has has already taken and passed three polygraph tests.

Investigators are asking anyone with information to call 1-800-CRIMESTOPPERS or to contact the University City Police Department.
http://www.kmov.com/news/just-posted/Missing-boys-father-pleads-for-sons-return-91271859.html

ummmmmmm the GLOW = 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010, 11:27:22 AM »

(snip)

"I really do want to make sure that I'm able to get in contact with my son cause he does need to be with his father now that his mother is out of the way," Byrd told reporters. "...I do believe there was some foul play involved...I'm not sure what type but someone came and picked them up...I'm not sure what happened that's all I know..."

ummmmmmm the GLOW = 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2010, 02:50:56 PM »

Total lack of emotion, IMO.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2010, 07:35:41 PM »

http://www.kmov.com/community/blogs/reporters-blog/Is-anyone-searching-for-Gebar-Byrd-Jr-92309979.html
Is anyone searching for Gebar Byrd Jr.
April 28, 2010

It's been 31 days since Gebar Byrd Jr. went missing. Investigators pulled his mother's body out of the Mississippi River on April 9th. Days and hours have passed and still no signs of Gebar. The news of Gebar's disappearance has faded into the background. Police have not publicly stated any significant leads in Gebar's case, nor have there been any arrest in the death of Gebar's mother  Yasmin Rodriguez. What's going on? How long will it take? Investigators tell us that Gebar's father is cooperating with the investigation. We have not been made aware of any possible suspects in this case, nor do we know of any active searches for Gebar. The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children has been working with investigators in finding the little two-year-old. With each day that passes we must keep this story on the front page until Gebar Byrd Jr. is brought home.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2010, 07:41:13 PM »

This is a very confusing article.  It looks like it was authored  prior to Yasmin's body being found, but toward the end it's updated.  I thought what was interesting is what I've bolded:

http://www.examiner.com/x-14475-St-Louis-Crime-Examiner~y2010m4d28-Please-help-find-missing-2-yearold-boy-and-mother
Please help find missing 2 year-old boy and mother
April 28, 2010

St. Louis – On March 23 a 2 year-old little boy, Gebar Byrd Jr., went missing along with his mother, Yasmin Rodriguez.  According to Yasmin Rodriguez’s fiancé they had an argument and she left their home taking her son. The pair has not been seen since.

Rodriguez’s home, where she disappeared, is near University City.

When Yasmin and her son did not return her parents contacted authorities. Missing person reports were filed for both people and a search began. On April 5 Yasmin’s body was found in the north St. Louis region of the Mississippi River. No cause of death has been reported.

Gebar Byrd Jr. has not been found and there is still hope he is alive. The University City Police Department is working diligently to resolve this case and is actively following leads.

The family of Gebar Byrd Jr. has put out countless flyers for both him and his mother. Police stated there were no signs of foul play in the death of Yasmin Rodriguez.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2010, 08:24:18 PM »

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2010, 08:46:13 PM »

posted 19 days ago

KSDK -- University City Police answered questions regarding the investigation into the disappearance of Gebar Byrd Jr. Monday at the request of NewsChannel 5.

According to investigators, the two-year-old disappeared along with his mother, 24-year-old Yasmin Rodriguez, on March 23. St. Louis police said Friday that a body found in the Mississippi River April 9 was identified as Rodriguez. At that time, University City police declared Gebar as missing and endangered.

"Our investigation continues. Since we began, when the little child and his mother were reported missing on Sunday, March 28, we've had five-to-eight investigators working full-time on this," said Captain Michael Ransom, Commander of University City's Bureau of Investigations. "We continue to follow leads on this side and the Illinois side of the river because Mr. Byrd, Sr., has family over there."

Police have said the boy's father, Gebar Byrd Sr., is not a suspect.

"Gebar Byrd, Sr., has been cooperating with us. He's answered questions at every turn we've asked. Anything we've asked him to do he's done," Ransom said.

Ransom was asked if Gebar Byrd Sr. passed any polygraph tests.

"I won't speak to specifics of the investigation. There are some things we don't want to investigate in the media, but we're doing the proper police investigation. So I won't comment on that," he said.

Ransom addressed why University City Police did not issue an Amber Alert when the child turned up missing.

"There was no evidence there was any abduction," he said, "only a mother and child went missing. So it didn't fit the criteria for the Amber Alert, or we would have released it. I think I told reporters Friday, we've been working with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. They put the information out nationwide, as well as we put it out to all police agencies in Missouri and the metro-East."

But why didn't University City Police alert the local media and release photos at the same time?

"It was a missing person's investigation," said Ransom. "We had information that she had left the year prior, just because she was having relationship problems. We had no indication it was anything other than that. We've been investigating full-bore from the beginning. St. Louis Police are investigating the death part of it for Yasmin, and...we're doing everything we can to find Gebar Byrd Jr. I think based on information we had, we proceeded in the way we thought was proper. If there was a kidnapping or any other evidence of a crime, or something that happened to the child, of course we would have put that out. It was just a missing person. Hundreds of people go missing every day. They have problems with relationships, families, and they leave which in and of itself is not a crime."

Ransom continued.

"We don't have any suspects because there's not been proven a crime has been committed. We're waiting on the medical examiner's office to release cause and manner of death for Yasmin Rodgriguez. But we think it's very suspicious. St. Louis city is investigating the death of Ms. Rodriguez. And we're still trying to find the little child. We're hopeful, and we're still doing whatever we can to find the young child."

A reporter asked if police are investigating whether the families of Gebar's parents are hiding him.

"We're looking into both families to try to find out where the kid is. We have no information that his family or her family is hiding the kid. But we're checking those possibilities. I'm hopeful that the child is still alive. I can't say; I don't know. But that would be the best thing. We've searched the area along the Mississippi River where Yasmin's body was found. We searched the residences of Mr. Byrd's family members. And any other place we get leads where the kid may be, we check. If anybody should see Gebar Byrd, Jr., please call the police or Crimestoppers."

The phone number for CrimeStoppers is 866-371-TIPS.

Captain Ransom even addressed rumors that in the home Rodriguez and Byrd Sr. shared, recent repairs have been made to the walls to cover up evidence of a big fight.

"There was no evidence of any type of fight or recent repairs at the house that we could see," Ransom said. "When the missing person was reported they were still living there."

Gebar Sr. has since moved out and new tenants were moving in Friday.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=200433

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2010, 08:53:06 PM »

Endangered Missing
GEBAR BYRD
DOB:  Apr 13, 2008
Missing:  Mar 22, 2010
Height:  2'3" (69 cm)
Eyes:  Brown
Race:  Biracial
Age at time of disappearance:  2
Sex:  Male
Weight:  26 lbs (12 kg)
Hair:  Black 
Missing From:
UNIVERSITY CITY
MO
United States 

The child was last known to be in the company of his mother who has since been located. The child's whereabouts remain unknown. The child is Biracial. He is Black and Hispanic.

ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
1-800-843-5678 (1-800-THE-LOST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
University City Police Department (Missouri) 1-314-725-2211

View Poster (http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewPoster&caseNum=1144382&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US)

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2010, 07:23:40 PM »

Man charged in killing of girlfriend, their young son
FROM STAFF REPORTS
05/27/2010

A man was charged today with murdering his girlfriend, who was found floating in the Mississippi River, and their young son.

Gebar Byrd Sr., 26, of the 8200 block of Monroe in St. Louis, was charged with two counts of first-degree murder, endangering the welfare of a child and domestic assault. He was ordered held without bond.

The charges marked the first official acknowledgment that the child, Gebar Byrd Jr., 23 months old, is dead.

The body of his mother, Yasmin Rodriguez, was pulled from the water on April 9, more than a week after relatives reported her and the boy missing from their home in the 6600 block of Crest in University City. The child’s body has not been found.

A statement from St. Louis police said that on March 23, the suspect pushed Rodriguez into the river, near Riverview and Spring Garden Drive, as she held the toddler in her arms. Police said he pushed them "through mud, branches and logs" and that "eventually, neither she nor the baby resurfaced."

Rodriguez’s body was recovered near First Street and Mullanphy.

Officials said the arrest followed a joint investigation by St. Louis and University City police and the FBI.
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/laworder/story/0E4E6C5F5316766486257730007C0E63?OpenDocument

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2012, 11:53:06 PM »

Gebar Byrd found guilty of girlfriend and son's murder

posted: Friday, October 14, 2011 5:05 pm

::snipping2::
Gebar Byrd, 27, was found guilty of second degree murder of his 24-year-old girlfriend Yasmin Rodriguez, involuntary manslaughter of his 23-month-old son Gebar Byrd Junior, endangering the welfare of a child, and second degree domestic assault.

Prosecutors say Byrd attacked Rodriguez while she was holding their son near the riverbank at Riverview and Spring Garden in north St. Louis on March 23, 2010. He then pushed Rodriguez into the river and fled the scene.

The body of Rodriguez resurfaced two weeks later. The little boy's body was never found.

Byrd is scheduled to be sentenced December 9

http://www.stlamerican.com/news/local_news/article_b880dab2-f6b0-11e0-948b-001cc4c002e0.html

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2012, 11:58:10 PM »

::justice2NJ::

Judge sentences Gebar Byrd to life in prison

6:21 PM, Dec 9, 2011   |

By Kathleen Berger

St. Louis (KSDK) - A St. Louis judge showed no mercy on the man convicted of pushing his girlfriend and their son to their death in the Mississippi River.

The judge didn't buy the story that 27-year-old Gebar Byrd could have been wrongly convicted.

The judge told Byrd that he keeps changing his story, but none of that could change his mind that Byrd is the one who somehow threw 24-year-old Yasmin Rodriguez and their 23-month-old son into the Mississippi River.

It happened in March 2010 along the riverbank at Riverview and Spring Garden in extreme north St. Louis.
The prosecution argued for the maximum sentences, describing death by drowning, that Rodriguez couldn't swim, and would have realized there was no way out.

The judge gave Byrd the maximum sentence of life in prison plus 21 years.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/290375/3/Judge-sentences-Gebar-Byrd-to-life-in-prison

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2012, 12:04:46 AM »

Judge sentences Gebar Byrd to life in prison

6:21 PM, Dec 9, 2011   |

By Kathleen Berger

St. Louis (KSDK) - A St. Louis judge showed no mercy on the man convicted of pushing his girlfriend and their son to their death in the Mississippi River.

The judge didn't buy the story that 27-year-old Gebar Byrd could have been wrongly convicted.

The judge told Byrd that he keeps changing his story, but none of that could change his mind that Byrd is the one who somehow threw 24-year-old Yasmin Rodriguez and their 23-month-old son into the Mississippi River.

It happened in March 2010 along the riverbank at Riverview and Spring Garden in extreme north St. Louis.
The prosecution argued for the maximum sentences, describing death by drowning, that Rodriguez couldn't swim, and would have realized there was no way out.

The judge gave Byrd the maximum sentence of life in prison plus 21 years.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/290375/3/Judge-sentences-Gebar-Byrd-to-life-in-prison

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.