April 19, 2024, 02:57:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Unidentified Male CHILD Found Dead-Wylie, TX-ID'd-Gerren Joseph Isgrigg, 6 yo (solved)  (Read 55492 times)
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #140 on: April 28, 2010, 10:31:51 AM »

Thanks every one for all the up dates and links. I read them and still can't understand why this happened to Gerren. I still question why nothing from the bio mom. Why nothing from any doctors. They say Gerren had to be given seizure medication how did they get it with out a doctor seeing him??

The grandfather said they had thought about placing him in a health facility but figured he wasn't going to live much longer and the grandmother wanted him to pass at home with family. But then see takes him out in the middle of no where and dumps him to be found, but she takes his feeding tube out. This makes no sense at all. The uncle & grandfather states she took good care of him. Not that they all took care of him. So what were they all doing during this 3 years plus they had Gerren.

I was again think they all failed Gerren. From the father & mother all the way down the line. I am so sick at heart over this. I feel they all should be charged in the death of this helpless little child.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #141 on: April 28, 2010, 06:31:51 PM »

They just covered this on HLN.  I hope it is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.  I was sickened by what an uncle had to say.  He seemed to minimize the child by saying he was basically just a vegetable anyway.  Dear God in heaven, what has our society come to?

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #142 on: April 28, 2010, 07:00:46 PM »

They just covered this on HLN.  I hope it is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.  I was sickened by what an uncle had to say.  He seemed to minimize the child by saying he was basically just a vegetable anyway.  Dear God in heaven, what has our society come to?

BBM
OMGosh   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #143 on: April 28, 2010, 09:04:52 PM »

Local news tonight said that little Gerrens body had been turned over to a funeral home locally. That his father and his grandmother where in the area. That they had spoken with the mother and she and ex where working together to make the arrangements for Gerren's funeral.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #144 on: April 28, 2010, 09:11:32 PM »

Local news tonight said that little Gerrens body had been turned over to a funeral home locally. That his father and his grandmother where in the area. That they had spoken with the mother and she and ex where working together to make the arrangements for Gerren's funeral.

Thank you for the update Green Eyes.  It looks like the adults that were in Gerren's life are finally getting together and communicating.  It's just too bad they aren't working together to make a plan for his care, but instead are working together to plan his funeral.  It didn't have to be this way.  JMHO 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #145 on: April 28, 2010, 10:27:20 PM »

It is such a shame that of all people a family member would have this mentality.  Makes me sick. 

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #146 on: April 28, 2010, 10:30:10 PM »

Investigation Into Death of Wylie's Angel Turns to Mother

By RANDY MCILWAIN
Updated 8:11 PM CDT, Wed, Apr 28, 2010

Investigators say additional charges may be filed in the death of "Wylie's Angel," the 6-year-old boy whose body was found near Lavon Lake.

Darlene Phillips, the boy's maternal grandmother, is charged with murder in Gerren Isgrigg's death. She is accused of abandoning him in Eastfork Park two weeks ago.

Wylie police say the investigation into his death is ongoing. Investigators are now looking into how he came to live with his grandmother.

Police said they have not found legal documentation that indicates Phillips was the boy's legal guardian. Investigators said they believe his mother, Nyki Phillips, was still his legal guardian.

Her former husband, a Marine stationed in California, did not have custody of the boy and had not seen him in three years.

Nyki Phillips, who lives in Oklahoma, had not seen her son in three months, police said. Police are investigating the lack of contact and looking into what, if any, communication she had with her mother about the boy's care.

Investigators with Child Protective Services say a criminal charge of neglect can be made any time a child is left in an unsafe environment or a place where his or her needs cannot be met.

Isgrigg had severe developmental and medical challenges and required a feeding tube. At age 6, he was not much bigger than a toddler.

Phillips reportedly has professional experience in caring for people with special needs, but investigators said that does not mean she was willing or able to care for the child.

Police said parents or legal guardians cannot legally leave their child with a loved one for an extended period of time if there are reasonable concerns for the child's safety or care.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local-beat/Investigation-Into-Death-of-Wylies-Angel-Turns-to-Mother-92357614.html

Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #147 on: April 28, 2010, 10:43:15 PM »

Thank you for the update Green Eyes.  It looks like the adults that were in Gerren's life are finally getting together and communicating.  It's just too bad they aren't working together to make a plan for his care, but instead are working together to plan his funeral.  It didn't have to be this way.  JMHO 
I agree MuffyBee which makes me wonder what if any resources financially and legally were available to Gerren through his grandmother. If she didn't have custody of this child or power of attorney she was more than likely not able to place the child in a facility (if in fact that was ever her desire) she had no legal stand to make medical decisions for Gerren.  What in the world was this family thinking?  What was this mother thinking?   

BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #148 on: April 28, 2010, 11:11:58 PM »

Just on the local news, looks as if they are going after the mother of Gerren, LE saying more charges soon in the case.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #149 on: April 28, 2010, 11:36:18 PM »

Investigation Into Death of Wylie's Angel Turns to Mother

By RANDY MCILWAIN
Updated 8:11 PM CDT, Wed, Apr 28, 2010

Investigators say additional charges may be filed in the death of "Wylie's Angel," the 6-year-old boy whose body was found near Lavon Lake.

Darlene Phillips, the boy's maternal grandmother, is charged with murder in Gerren Isgrigg's death. She is accused of abandoning him in Eastfork Park two weeks ago.

Wylie police say the investigation into his death is ongoing. Investigators are now looking into how he came to live with his grandmother.

Police said they have not found legal documentation that indicates Phillips was the boy's legal guardian. Investigators said they believe his mother, Nyki Phillips, was still his legal guardian.

Her former husband, a Marine stationed in California, did not have custody of the boy and had not seen him in three years.

Nyki Phillips, who lives in Oklahoma, had not seen her son in three months,
police said. Police are investigating the lack of contact and looking into what, if any, communication she had with her mother about the boy's care.

Investigators with Child Protective Services say a criminal charge of neglect can be made any time a child is left in an unsafe environment or a place where his or her needs cannot be met.

Isgrigg had severe developmental and medical challenges and required a feeding tube. At age 6, he was not much bigger than a toddler.

Phillips reportedly has professional experience in caring for people with special needs, but investigators said that does not mean she was willing or able to care for the child.

Police said parents or legal guardians cannot legally leave their child with a loved one for an extended period of time if there are reasonable concerns for the child's safety or care.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local-beat/Investigation-Into-Death-of-Wylies-Angel-Turns-to-Mother-92357614.html

BBM

Okay, I'm wondering now about the other grandchildren the Phillips's were helping raise, and in another article it was said the grandchildren had left a couple/few months previous.  Did Gerren's mother come and take the other children?  The article says Gerren's mother last saw  him three (3) months ago.  I don't think that's a coincidence. 

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/localnews/stories/DN-bodyfound_27met.ART.State.Edition2.3d9dc8.html
(snip)
In recent years, he said, she's been caring for Gerren and helping to raise three other grandchildren, who range in age from 2 to 11. They moved away a few months ago.
(snip)

What's the story about the three other grandchildren?
  I think we're about to find out about this and more.  JMHO  Remember though, it was said Gerren was the only child that was born between his mother and Isgiggs.  Are these other grandchildren Patrick and Darlene Phillips were helping to raise Gerren's half siblings? 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #150 on: April 28, 2010, 11:43:57 PM »

http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crime-Examiner~y2010m4d28-Wylies-Angel-news-6yearold-Gerren-Joseph-Isgrigg-was-alive-when-abandoned-by-grandmother-video
(video) Also link to see Darlene Phillips Arrest Warrant in this article.

Wylie’s Angel news: 6-year-old Gerren Joseph Isgrigg was alive when abandoned by grandmother (video)
April 28, 2010

Wylie’s Angel news: 6-year-old Gerren Joseph Isgrigg was alive when abandoned by grandmother (video)

The little boy nicknamed “Wylie’s Angel” by the local community in which he was found, was abandoned alive near Lavon Lake in Wylie, Tex. according to recent reports.

His grandmother, Darlene Phillips, 63, admitted to leaving the 6-year-old alone at the location on April 12, however, she claims she hoped someone would find him alive. She removed his feeding tube prior to placing him near the lake and says she left a note saying the boy has seizures and needs medication.

Investigators report a note was never found and Gerren was covered with a blanket. His body was discovered April 15.
Darlene and her husband had been taking care of Gerren for three years after his mother, Nyki Phillips left him in their care.

Darlene has been charged with Gerren’s murder and now sits in the Collin County jail on a $500,000 bond.
Gerren’s father, Jerry Isgrigg, a Marine stationed in California, plans to claim the boy’s body sometime this week. He and Nyki divorced in 2006.

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #151 on: April 29, 2010, 12:40:59 AM »

Muffy I hope you are right and there are some answers to the many questions we have on how & why this happened to Gerren.

Babskat I saw that too about maybe more charges.  They said the mother hadn't seen Gerren in 3 months yet the grandmother, grandfather and uncle said they hadn't seen her in 3 years. Which one is it?

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #152 on: April 29, 2010, 10:38:32 AM »

Muffy I hope you are right and there are some answers to the many questions we have on how & why this happened to Gerren.

Babskat I saw that too about maybe more charges.  They said the mother hadn't seen Gerren in 3 months yet the grandmother, grandfather and uncle said they hadn't seen her in 3 years. Which one is it?
Thank you for the updates everyone.  Green Eyes that is a good question, my intuition tells me the mother is lying and it has been 3 years.  Interesting how she says 3 months and I believe the law in Texas says after 4 months of not seeing or caring for your own child it is considered abandonment - convenient she says 3 which is one month short of her breaking the law.  I have a feeling we will learn a lot more in the coming days about this woman 

Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #153 on: April 29, 2010, 10:42:08 AM »

BBM

Okay, I'm wondering now about the other grandchildren the Phillips's were helping raise, and in another article it was said the grandchildren had left a couple/few months previous.  Did Gerren's mother come and take the other children?  The article says Gerren's mother last saw  him three (3) months ago.  I don't think that's a coincidence. 

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/localnews/stories/DN-bodyfound_27met.ART.State.Edition2.3d9dc8.html
(snip)
In recent years, he said, she's been caring for Gerren and helping to raise three other grandchildren, who range in age from 2 to 11. They moved away a few months ago.
(snip)

What's the story about the three other grandchildren?
  I think we're about to find out about this and more.  JMHO  Remember though, it was said Gerren was the only child that was born between his mother and Isgiggs.  Are these other grandchildren Patrick and Darlene Phillips were helping to raise Gerren's half siblings? 
The timing is interesting indeed, I wonder how many siblings Nyki Phillips has?  Could it be one of their children?  Did Nyki have children before her marriage to Gerren's father and more after the divorce?  If they range from 2-11 the 11 year old would have been born 5 years prior to Gerren.  So many questions. To few answers surrounding this family.

Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #154 on: April 29, 2010, 10:35:21 PM »

Father of Wylie's Angel Speaks Out
Gerren Isgrigg's Father says he's "numb"

Giselle Phelps The 33 News

April 29, 2010
 COLLIN COUNTY, TEXAS - The biological parents of the little boy known as Wylie's Angel are both now in the Dallas area. They're working to finalize funeral arrangements for the boy. Many people have lots of questions for the both of them.

The man who fathered Gerren Joseph Isgrigg, is Staff Sergeant Jerry Isgrigg; a Marine who says he's heartbroken.

"I'm just completely numb. Not knowing what to feel about the events that have taken place," said Jerry Isgrigg.

Isgrigg still can't believe Gerren died near East Fork Park in Wylie. A place where he was left by his maternal grandmother, Darlene Phillips, who's been charged with murder.

Gerren's mother, Nyki Phillips, had left her son with her parents and did not see him regularly.

"I don't know the frame of mind of my ex-wife, obviously, I know she's grieving as well," said Isgrigg.

Isgrigg was also estranged from his son. A child he says had a rare epileptic disorder. We asked him why he hadn't seen his son in three years.

"Answering a question like that, everyone's going to have their own opinion. Me being in the military, being deployed, constantly being in the field, at times lack of money to get out there," he said.

Isgrigg and his ex-wife are now finalizing funeral arrangements. He says he intends to bury Gerren in Arizona where his family lives.

He also says he's in awe when he thinks about everything the community has done. He wants to organize a public memorial to include the people of Wylie.

"I don't want to just walk into town and then, you know, finalize funeral services and then walk of town with Gerren and not acknowledge the town itself in some manner," says Isgrigg.

He expects Gerren's body to be released soon.

http://www.the33tv.com/news/kdaf-wylies-angel-dad-speaks-story,0,1647958.story

Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #155 on: April 29, 2010, 10:36:28 PM »

Video

FishstickKitty
Scared Monkey

« Reply #156 on: April 30, 2010, 12:49:00 AM »

Video

I hate to be hard on the guy (not really..but it's nicer to say that) but this dude is saying it was the military's fault he didn't get to see his son. I call bunk on this. He didn't want to. I know of MANY fathers who's baby mamas have said you will never see this kid..and they fought..and fought hard..and got to see their kids.

maybe it's something with sole custody? I guess that makes him not responsible?!? I don't know..it's just really sad. I'm not saying he's responsible for this baby's murder but he could have seen his child if he wanted. I'm sure of it. How much is a bus ticket from California to Dallas or from Arizona to Dallas?
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #157 on: April 30, 2010, 03:06:58 AM »

Video

I hate to be hard on the guy (not really..but it's nicer to say that) but this dude is saying it was the military's fault he didn't get to see his son. I call bunk on this. He didn't want to. I know of MANY fathers who's baby mamas have said you will never see this kid..and they fought..and fought hard..and got to see their kids.

maybe it's something with sole custody? I guess that makes him not responsible?!? I don't know..it's just really sad. I'm not saying he's responsible for this baby's murder but he could have seen his child if he wanted. I'm sure of it. How much is a bus ticket from California to Dallas or from Arizona to Dallas?

Awwww heck.. go ahead and be hard on the guy.   

Reason is... he's full of it! 

I was in the Marine Corps, stationed in both Camp Pendleton and Barstow as well.  Barstow is near 29 Palms where this dude is stationed.  So I KNOW what I know what I know, that he is trying to pull one over on everyone who isn't familiar with the Marine Corps or other military. 

My point being is that *he could have* taken a military hop, FREE of charge to the military, at ANY time he wanted to and when space was available, from Cali to Dallas (or the nearest base).  Free, free, free, free, did I mention ... free?? 

Had he needed a certain flight at a certain time, on a certain day, he *could have* worn his uniform and gotten a military reduction in travel rates. 

Mr daddy-o isn't gettin away with his crap, not with me.  He could have gone to see his son EVERY weekend he was home in Cali. pfffffffffffffft. 

Makes me sick that he is one of our own, semper fidelis (always faithful), jarhead, leatherneck, first to fight, proud to serve, leader at home and in the community, the proud.. the few.. the Marines.  He ought, IMO, to hang his head in shame and crawl back into the hole he's been hiding in. 

There, I said it. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #158 on: April 30, 2010, 03:33:19 AM »

P.S. to my last post:

Dude is a Staff Sargeant, E-5.  He makes about $2500.oo per month.  Per month!!  And that's not even including his re-enlistment bonus and combat pay.  He gets all medical/dental for free.  If he lives on base, then his housing is free, three meals a day in the 'mess hall' is free. 

Dunno how much was being taken out of his pay for child support, but am quite sure there was plenty left over after that. 

He needs to sit down and STFU before he hurts himself.. And quit play-acting the poverty-sticken, over-worked, broken-hearted daddy.  IMO. 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #159 on: April 30, 2010, 03:36:01 AM »

edit... I was so mad typing I didn't even notice I put E-5.  lolol  He is an E-6.  Time for me to go to bed!! 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.