March 29, 2024, 09:30:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Unidentified Male CHILD Found Dead-Wylie, TX-ID'd-Gerren Joseph Isgrigg, 6 yo (solved)  (Read 55284 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2010, 03:16:52 PM »

There's a vigil for him later this week.
Check the facebook page.
Sorry for posting this twice or whatever.

Thank you FishstickKitty.  I think a vigil is a kind gesture  an angelic monkey  I hope he can be identified soon though. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2010, 03:22:21 PM »

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/042010dnmetwyliesangel.26296965a.html
Woman starts 'Wylie's Angel' Facebook page to help identify boy found dead at park
April 19, 2010

The unidentified little boy whose body was abandoned near a Collin County pond last week has been dubbed Wylie's Angel.  Police have not released any updates on the case since Saturday, when volunteers began canvassing neighborhoods, churches and businesses with an image of the brown-haired, brown-eyed boy in hopes that someone might recognize him.

That's the same day that Malorie Martinez started a Facebook page called "Wylie's Angel" to get the image of the boy distributed as widely as possible.

"I wanted to get his face to go national so that maybe an aunt or a close family member might see him," said Martinez, 20, of Dallas, who works with special-needs children and said the case deeply affected her. "I want somebody who knows him and loves him to have that closure."

Martinez said the rapidly growing online community, which has more than 2,330 members, is also organizing a candlelight vigil, possibly for Thursday night, to honor the boy.

Wylie police say the boy, found just after 9 a.m. Thursday on federal land south of Lavon Lake, was about 6 years old. He was about 3-foot-3 and weighed 28 pounds. He appears to have had "significant medical needs" and showed signs of having a feeding tube, police say. Autopsy results have not been released.

Tips are being funneled through the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. Anyone with information should call 1-800-THE-LOST (1-800-843-5768).
irst Baptist Church of Wylie members have offered to hold a communitywide memorial service and pay for the boy's burial. It's too early to say whether that offer will be accepted.

Lead Pastor Kris Segrest said church members simply want to help the boy, whose story, Segrest said, "strikes a chord with this congregation."

Wylie's Angel is on FacebookSign up for Facebook to connect with Wylie's Angel.
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=114366891925284&v=wall&ref=ts

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2010, 04:01:16 PM »

http://www.nbc-2.com/Global/story.asp?S=12334429
Police trying to ID 'special needs' boy found dead in park
April 19, 2010

(snip)
The Collin County Child Abuse Task Force is asking that any persons with information about the identity of this child, specifically in-home health care providers, school personnel, day care personnel or community-based social services to contact: 1-800-THE-LOST (1-800-843-5678).

So far, no one has come forward to claim the boy.

Police said they do not believe the boy is from a missing child case.

Detectives made stops at area day cares asking if any children had been absent in recent days or had dropped out.

"We're marking anything that could be anything," said Detective Venece Perepiczka. "There's little information that we have to go on right now."
(snip)

newfie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2010, 05:54:20 PM »

Thanks for the links. How tragic and sad. This is someone's little boy, someone's grandchild, nephew, cousin, brother.... I need to reread but did they give an aproximation on time of death? If he has special needs he propbably gets medical assistance through the state. They need to research  anyone that  recently stopped going to their doctor visits or therapy. He also may get an ssi check or something like that. He probably had some sort of assisted care as well. I wonder if he was a foster child? 
newfie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2010, 05:57:23 PM »

sorry about the grammar and spelling on my treadmill typing with laptop on top. bounce
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2010, 06:39:11 PM »

Thanks for the links. How tragic and sad. This is someone's little boy, someone's grandchild, nephew, cousin, brother.... I need to reread but did they give an aproximation on time of death? If he has special needs he propbably gets medical assistance through the state. They need to research  anyone that  recently stopped going to their doctor visits or therapy. He also may get an ssi check or something like that. He probably had some sort of assisted care as well. I wonder if he was a foster child? 

Hi Newf

One of the articles I read stated they thought the child had been dead about 24 hours. Truly sad this baby
doesn't even seem to have had a childhood. I hope someone recognizes him soon. Rest in peace little one  an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2010, 06:49:57 PM »

newfie, "Wylie's Angel" was found on Thursday, April 15th, just after 9:00 a.m., and it's been reported he may have been there about 24 hours.  I found this information reading through the articles posted here.  There's been an autopsy performed, but very little information is being released at this time.  We don't have cause of death , approximation on time of death or anything I can find so far. But one article did say there weren't any apparent injuries or "obvious signs of trauma".  I think you raise some very valid questions/ideas of helping identify him. Hopefully,  we'll  know who  "Wylie's Angel"  is soon, and what events occured that resulted in being dumped like refuse.  Sad.   

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2010, 11:20:05 PM »

Someone knows who this child is.  Someone has given medical care to the little guy or assisted the caregiver with social services.  LE should check all the pediatricians in the area and social services including foster care for special needs kids.  Someone is walking around without the child they are supposed to be caring for.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
FishstickKitty
Scared Monkey

« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2010, 11:29:41 PM »

I personally think he's not from this area.

I looked at the http://www.dfps.state.tx.us/Adoption_and_Foster_Care/Child_Search/default.asp foster care search and found no one that I thought matched his description.

I just hope LE doesn't rest until we find out who he is.

newfie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2010, 11:35:59 PM »

Someone knows who this child is.  Someone has given medical care to the little guy or assisted the caregiver with social services.  LE should check all the pediatricians in the area and social services including foster care for special needs kids.  Someone is walking around without the child they are supposed to be caring for.

Agreed. Even a neighbor of a foster care parent,  a local civil service worker , store clerk etc. someone knows this little boy has not been around. It may be too soon but it will come out. Our little children  are precious and should be protected. This angers and hurts me. I worked with the developmentally challenged for many years and have a special place in my heart for children and adults with special needs. How can anyone think of hurting a child.. an adult... anyone... I am at a loss... Mankind needs to step back and take the time to care again.    I guess this site helps those that want to voice concern and caring. Keep up the good work all.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2010, 12:57:10 AM »

I agree, someone knows this child.  Am hoping that someone will notice that someone else who used to have a child, doesn't have that child any longer, and ask questions, get involved, contact LE.  There's got to be other family members of this little boy who know a child is gone. 

I also agree that he may not even be from that area.  Baby Grace comes to mind.  Hope the story of this little boy goes nationwide, so everyone will be aware. 

Whoever dumped this sweet lil boy like yesterday's garbage, needs to rot in prison.  IMO.  And I don't care how much 'stress' they may have been under.  No excuses.  IMO. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2010, 08:41:22 AM »

I will take a wild guess and say the child is from Mexico......

A $20,000 reward is being offered for anyone with information that will lead to the identity of the little boy whose body was found in Wylie last week. Crime Stoppers offered $10,000, and late Monday Schepp's Dairy announced it would also offer a $10,000 reward. Meanwhile, the community is turning to the Internet to spread information about the boy in hopes of finding someone who will recognize him. A candlelight vigil is set for Thursday.

http://friscoblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/04/-contact-us-follow-us-1.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2010, 02:18:27 PM »

I will take a wild guess and say the child is from Mexico......

A $20,000 reward is being offered for anyone with information that will lead to the identity of the little boy whose body was found in Wylie last week. Crime Stoppers offered $10,000, and late Monday Schepp's Dairy announced it would also offer a $10,000 reward. Meanwhile, the community is turning to the Internet to spread information about the boy in hopes of finding someone who will recognize him. A candlelight vigil is set for Thursday.

http://friscoblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/04/-contact-us-follow-us-1.html
That is more than likely a good guess Nut.  I think it is great they have raised 20,000 in reward money, I hope that brings someone forward.  Terribly sad for this little boy.

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2010, 03:16:03 PM »

Texas: Authorities Search For Identity of Boy Found Dead in Park

By EMILY FRIEDMAN
April 20, 2010

Authorities are asking for the public's help in identifying a child with special needs who was found dead in a Texas park.

The brown haired, brown eyed little boy is about 6-years-old. At 28 pounds, officials say he is only half the average weight of child his age. He was found with a feeding tube attached to him, suggesting that he had "significant medical needs," according to the Wylie Police Department.

The boy was found at around 9 a.m. on April 15 by Gary Valentine, a garden worker who was mowing the area of owned by the Army Corps of Engineers in Wylie, Texas, when he says he saw the body. Wylie is just outside of Dallas in Northeast Texas.

Valentine told ABC News' affiliate WFAA in Dallas that he spotted what he thought was a "small mannequin" while mowing the grass.

"I said a prayer and I knew I was at a crime scene, but I also knew I couldn't throw a child in a brush pile," said Valentine. "So, I stepped across the fence, laid him down, looked back [and] saw a baby blanket [and] took it and covered up the baby and called 911."

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children transformed police photographs from the crime scene into a digital composite of what they believe the boy looks like to try and draw the attention of someone who may know him.

"This is a lifelike image of the little boy that we believe is very close to what he looked like," said Ernie Allen, the president of the organization.

Authorities believe the little boy had only been dead a few days when his body was discovered. There were no obvious signs of trauma, either. A full autopsy report has not yet been released.

"There is somebody out there who misses this little guy," said Allen. "We hope this image will help answer some questions."

"And of course, we hope to help law enforcement determine who did this to him," Allen added.

Allen said that authorities have already received about 60 leads they are following up on, and realize that the child may not be from Texas, and could have just been dumped in the area.

"The way his body was disposed of is not a way we want any child to be disposed of," he said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/identity-year-boy-found-dead-texas/story?id=10425344&page=1

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
FishstickKitty
Scared Monkey

« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2010, 03:33:28 PM »

It's hard for me to deal with the people on facebook...some are sympathetic to the parents/caregivers to this kid..saying one should never judge anothers actions.
I'm like ummm yea I can judge these people. They dumped a kid in the brush. I think that pretty much allows me to think they're scum.

No one set him out to be found. He was covered and not in plain site. So to those who think the parents just didn't have money for a funeral..  Welcome to reality pollyanna.

Now the word is he is a local (Dallasite) but only time will tell.

People suck sometimes.

This kid haunts me. He needs a name.
newfie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2010, 11:00:18 AM »

Hi all... I wonder how long it will take to get the autopsy back. I hope they can find out through the autopsy what his health conditions were. That may help narrow down finding out his identity. Obviously the feeding tube was put in by a doctor. They should search local doctors to find out how many male children matching this description have a feeding tube. It cannot be that common. Probably a pediatrician. Also I am sure blood work was done, they can match that  to his dna as well. They should put out an all points bulletin or whatever they would call it to all surrounding medical facilities with this little boys description as well as the feeding tube. I wonder if each feeding tube has its own serial number that can be traced back to its origin. I wonder if there are fingerprints on the feeding tube? Very sad that know one has stepped forward as of yet.  This little boy deserved someone that would have loved him and cared for him. I still think Foster care is involved. He may have been in a foster home. The FBI needs to check this avenue out as well.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2010, 11:36:41 AM »

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/city/collin/stories/DN-bodyfound_20met.ART0.State.Edition1.4c43cf5.html
Investigators report no progress in efforts to identify boy found dead in Wylie park
Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Investigators say they are following up on every lead but have not been able to identify a little boy whose body was found near a Collin County pond last week.
(snip)

(snip)
Every resource is being utilized to identify this child," investigators said Monday.

Jerry Nance, supervisor of the center's forensic services unit, said the image released of the boy was created by forensic artists using police photos. Nance said that given the condition of the boy's body (police say there was no obvious trauma), the image being distributed is very close to what he looked like when he was alive.

Nance said finding the boy's body so soon after death gives investigators their best chance at identifying him. He had been dead only a couple of days at most, Nance said, when his body was found by a crew mowing on land owned by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.

"Hopefully someone might recognize him," Nance said. "The more people can look at his face, the better off police will be."

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2010, 11:41:52 AM »

http://www.wfaa.com/news/Wylie-church-wants-to-give-mysterious-boy-memorial-service-and-burial-91668599.html
(Video)
Wylie church plans memorial, burial for abandoned boy
April 20, 2010

WYLIE — A pastor and members of his congregation want to give the little boy who was found dead near a Lake Lavon park last week a memorial service and proper burial.

They were so moved after hearing the story, they wanted to do something to help.

Wylie police, along with the Collin County Child Abuse Task Force, are still searching for the boy’s true identity.

The face in the computer-generated photo of the child is causing heartbreak at the First Baptist Church of Wylie. The boy's name, his family, where he came from, and who left him in a brush pile near a pond — all are questions bothering church members five days after his body was discovered.

"It's hard to fathom through that act how disposable it seems life looks," said Pastor Kris Segrest.

Segrest has two children of his own. He wants to give the unidentified child, who's believed to be about six years old, a funeral.

"His life mattered here, and we know his life did, in fact, have a lot of needs," Segrest said.

Kimberly Davidson, like so many others in this community, is taking the boy's death and discovery very personally.

"I have a young daughter, and I just cannot imagine the thought of her being left alone when she was sick or hurt or injured," Davidson said.

The one question church members keep asking is: "What can we do?"

"That’s what we're supposed to do," said Brian Sullivan, a congregant. “We're supposed to step up and care about each other, and this is a situation where that wasn't portrayed."

The believers at First Baptist Church say giving the boy a memorial service and burial follows Biblical teachings in the book of Matthew: To help those who have the least.

newfie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2010, 12:37:16 PM »

That is what the sad thing is ... this community or church would have helped out this little boy or whoever was responsible for him. Yet he was dumped off in the bushes like trash. If he was abducted first or wandered off it would have been reported. This is foul play, either he was killed or died in someone's care and they just disposed of him as if he did not matter. My simple prayer for you little one is that you now have peace in your heart and you are being comforted. Thanks for the links and articles Muffy.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2010, 02:29:05 PM »

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/042010-reward-offered-for-child%27s-identity
Reward Offered for Child's Identity
April 2010
Regular Photo Size
Reward Offered for Child's Identity

Published : Tuesday, 20 Apr 2010, 7:45 AM CDT

By Alice Wolke Kalthoff | MYFOXDFW.COM

WYLIE, Texas - They're calling him "Wylie's Angel." And two groups are offering a total of $20,000 for anyone who can help connect him with his real name.

The little boy was found dead in a pond off a lonely road in a park in Wylie on Thursday, April 15. The medical examiner says he was about 6 years old, but only weighed 28 pounds and stood 39 inches tall.

That may have been due to a significant illness in his short life. The child shows signs of having been on a feeding tube at some point.

This little boy had brown hair and brown eyes. If you recognize him, please call 1-800-THE-LOST (1-800-843-5678).

A $10,000 reward is being offered by Schepps Dairy, and another $10,000 is offered by Crime Stoppers.

A Facebook support group called Wylie's Angel has almost 11,000 members. Organizers are planning a candlelight vigil on Thursday, April 22 at 7 p.m. at East Fork Park near Lake Lavon in Wylie, where the boy's body was found.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.