April 18, 2024, 10:18:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Unidentified Male CHILD Found Dead-Wylie, TX-ID'd-Gerren Joseph Isgrigg, 6 yo (solved)  (Read 55475 times)
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #80 on: April 25, 2010, 07:45:16 PM »

do they think that she left him out where she did hoping that someone would find him? not intending to have the child die? she could have taken him to a hospital or to a fire station..anywhere...You don't leave a child outside all alone like that...

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #81 on: April 25, 2010, 07:54:18 PM »

Well, this is what we know so far:

Gerren Joseph Isgrigg
6 years old
born September 2003
stayed in the Truman Smith Childrens Care Center in Gladwater TX for an unknown length of time.

Jerry Isgrigg - father
ssgt in marine corps
persian gulf war
left military for 10 years
rejoined military went to iraq
stationed in 29 Palms, CA

Nyki Phillips - mother
living in Oklahoma

Jerry and Nyki divorced - 2006
mom sole custody
dad paid mom child support
some reports indicate Nyki took Gerren to her parents home for two weeks shortly after their divorce in 2006, has never picked him up. 

???? Isgrigg - paternal grandpa
living in AZ

Linda Isgrigg - paternal grandma
living in AZ

Patrick Phillips - maternal grandpa
living in TX

Darlene Phillips - maternal grandma
living in TX
age 63
arrested on murder charges

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #82 on: April 25, 2010, 08:09:52 PM »

do they think that she left him out where she did hoping that someone would find him? not intending to have the child die? she could have taken him to a hospital or to a fire station..anywhere...You don't leave a child outside all alone like that...

Seems that's what some of the family are thinking, cookie.  But no, he shouldn't have been left there like that. 

Patrick (maternal grandpa) said that Darlene said she left Gerren with a social worker.  And yet in another interview, an un-identified man who called Patrick 'Dad' said, "She left him some place where she thought he'd be found."  I guess that's Gerren's uncle, son of Patrick and Darlene? 

Two different stories now from the maternal family. 

No matter what, she could have left Gerren in a safe place.  One does not put a child under the bushes in a deserted area, wrapped in a blanket with his feet sticking out, in the hopes that someone will come along and find him.  IMO.. Gerren was hidden there in the hopes that no one would find him, in time for him to survive anyway.   

Waiting for story #3.... and I doubt that it will make any sense either. 

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #83 on: April 25, 2010, 08:18:38 PM »

Hi Wykkers...

nothing surprises me anymore...I don't understand people, I really don't...what makes some of these folks ticks? beyond me...

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #84 on: April 26, 2010, 07:42:52 AM »

Man blames caretaker stress, says wife hoped grandson would get help in park

12:00 AM CDT on Monday, April 26, 2010
By JON NIELSEN and TANYA EISERER / The Dallas Morning News

The woman who cared for "Wylie's Angel" told her husband from jail Sunday that she left 6-year-old Gerren Joseph Isgrigg in the park hoping that somebody would pick him up.

Nobody did.

And the boy – who was physically disabled, had seizures daily and was fed through a tube in his stomach – was found dead.

The caretaker, Darlene Phillips, the boy's 63-year-old grandmother, is charged with murder in his death. She was taken into custody late Friday, eight days after Gerren's body was found near Lavon Lake.

Phillips' husband of 30 years, Patrick, said that his wife cried and expressed regret during the 25 minutes he spent with her Sunday morning at the Collin County Jail. He said that stress from around-the-clock care for the boy was probably too much for his wife to take.

"From our conversation today, she knows it was a big mistake," Patrick Phillips said. "She never planned on this to happen.

"She thought somebody would come along right away and he would be taken care of," he said. "Stress does terrible things."

The boy's father, Jerry Isgrigg, finds the story unbelievable.

"I can't fathom it. Honestly, I just can't fathom a person doing it, let alone a family member doing it and let alone somebody who's actually been caring for him day in and day out doing it," he said.

"If it's too much to handle, there are ways to find me. You can't tell me they couldn't find me."

Authorities said it's still unclear how the boy died. There were no signs of trauma on his body. Results from an autopsy are pending.

Isgrigg is at his parents' home in Arizona and is making arrangements to be in Dallas by Tuesday. If possible, he wants to take his boy's body back to Arizona.

Health problems

Gerren was born to Nyki Phillips and Isgrigg at Camp Lejeune, N.C., in September 2003. He was one month premature.

"He was fine for about a month," Isgrigg said. "He cried like a normal baby does, did everything a normal baby does. There was no sign of anything odd."

It wasn't long before the seizures started. At first, they were once or twice a week: Gerren's body would stiffen, his eyes would roll back into his head and he would stop breathing. Then they became an everyday occurrence. He also became blind, deaf and had no function of his arms or legs.

Doctors diagnosed Gerren as having West syndrome, a somewhat rare epileptic disorder in infants, Isgrigg said. Patrick Phillips said doctors told the family that Gerren would be lucky to live past the age of 4.

At birth, the umbilical cord was wrapped around Gerren's neck three times, which Isgrigg believes may have caused Gerren's medical condition.

Gerren wasn't even a year old when Isgrigg, a Marine, was deployed to the Iraq war, leaving his wife at home to care for their profoundly ill infant.

"The hardest thing I've ever had to do was leave him here," he said.

Isgrigg returned stateside in February 2005, but by then, the marriage was on the rocks and the couple soon separated. The couple divorced in 2006, and Nyki Phillips was awarded sole custody. By then, Isgrigg had taken a military job in California and Nyki Phillips had moved to Texas.

In 2007, he learned that his son was being cared for in the Truman Smith Children's Care Center in Gladewater, Texas. That June, he visited Gerren while he was in the hospital after having choked and nearly asphyxiated. Not long after, he said his ex-wife told him she had taken him out of Truman Smith and that her mother had moved to Texas to help take care of Gerren.

Isgrigg said he had a hard time keeping up with his ex-wife because she moved frequently. On an enlisted man's salary, he also didn't have the funds to track her down. He said he continued to send more than $700 a month to state child support authorities.

During their infrequent communications, he said, his ex-wife never let on that her parents were Gerren's sole caregivers and that she had moved to Oklahoma.

On Friday morning, sheriff's deputies showed up at Isgrigg's workplace on a Marine base in California asking questions. They showed him a photo of a frail boy found near a Collin County pond. He later realized he was looking at a photo of his dead son.

Later that night, he spoke to Nyki Phillips. He said she offered no explanation as to why her parents had Gerren.

"The only thing she said was, 'Thank you for not yelling at me,' " he said.

Nyki Phillips left Gerren at her parents' home three years ago, hoping that would buy her a few weeks to find other caretakers, Patrick Phillips said.

Despite Gerren's ailments, Patrick Phillips said his wife cared for Gerren meticulously since he was 3. She was up every night feeding him through his tube, medicating him and soothing him during seizures, Patrick Phillips said.

'She loved him'

"She's a loving mother, grandmother, not the monster she's portrayed as," the grandfather said. "She loved him. I think he lived longer because of the care she did give to him."

"If she thought for one lucid moment that Gerren was going to die she would've never left him out there. I know it looks bad, but it wasn't like she thought out, 'I'm going to kill Gerren.' "

On the morning of April 15, mowers discovered Gerren's body at the edge of a parking lot on federal land. Small for his age, he measured 39 inches tall and just 28 pounds. He remained unidentified for more than a week as investigators with the Wylie Police Department and the Collin County Child Abuse Task Force searched for clues to his past.

A tip to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children's hotline gave police the break they needed to track down his family. Isgrigg provided a DNA sample that confirmed Gerren's identity.

Later that day, investigators tracked down the grandparents.

"If you know my wife you'd know what an angel she is," Patrick Phillips said. "You can't care for somebody for three years and click," he said with a snap of his fingers, "you're going to kill him."

Phillips said he and his adult son are being evicted from their extended-stay hotel room in The Colony although he said he's paid up through next week. He said he thinks that the management is tired of the media trucks and television cameras there.

He's still in shock about how it all came to this. What he said he thought would be a blessing caring for Gerren has turned into a nightmare he can't wake up from.

"We always thought God had a purpose for Gerren being with us," Patrick Phillips said. "Then this happens?"

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/localnews/stories/DN-gerrenfolo_26met.ART0.State.Edition2.d84278.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #85 on: April 26, 2010, 08:10:44 AM »

This whole thing is perplexing.  So the grandmother admits she left him in that park hoping someone would find him??  How ridiculous, that makes absolutely no sense and when Gerren was first discovered I read in one of the articles that the area where he was found was not an area that was not used much by the public but rather an occasional fisherman.  I will have to read back and see if I can find that. 

Gerren's mother Nyki bothers me.  Like Wyks has asked was she receiving and keeping the child support that Gerren's father was paying for this child?  Was she the one who removed him from the care center and if so why?  For the money?  She has my antenna up.  I found a Nyki Phillips on Facebook in Nowhere, OK not sure if it is her, not much there but here is a link http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?action=post;topic=7609.80;num_replies=84 if this should not be posted then would a mod kindly remove it?

The other thing I am curious about and that is why were the grandparents living in a hotel?  Are they from this area?  Do they have a home somewhere?  If so where?  From what I read not much information about that except to say they abandoned their home?  So many questions.  What has me so disturbed is that this poor child was simply left to die, I hate to even think about what his last moments were like and how much he suffered, it makes me sick. 

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #86 on: April 26, 2010, 08:12:31 AM »

Oh shoot I posted the wrong link to the Facebook page I found.  Here is the link;
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=1167925806&v=wall&ref=search

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #87 on: April 26, 2010, 09:38:32 AM »

In the article above, the bio father states

""If it's too much to handle, there are ways to find me. You can't tell me they couldn't find me."

and I would say, vise versa to the bio dad...he could have also found his child imo....

It sounds to me like it was just easier for the other family members to let things be...someone else was taking the responsibility of this little boy, as long as they are watching him, then I don't have to....type of thing...shame on all of them...This gramma was more than likely totally overwhelmed for the constant care of this little child...did any one of them offer to take the child for even a week to give this woman who was the child's caretaker a break? The gramma was totally wrong for what she did...but I think that she was desperate for some reprieve of her day to day care of Gerren...it is easy for all of them to say that they would have helped if only she would have asked them to...why didn't they get in touch with her to offer that help? if they could not reach these grand parents or the mother, did they contact authorities to check on the welfare of this child? so many questions...
There are resources available to caregivers, why didn't gramma reach out?? It did not have to end this way....

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #88 on: April 26, 2010, 09:52:27 AM »

This whole thing is perplexing.  So the grandmother admits she left him in that park hoping someone would find him??  How ridiculous, that makes absolutely no sense and when Gerren was first discovered I read in one of the articles that the area where he was found was not an area that was not used much by the public but rather an occasional fisherman.  I will have to read back and see if I can find that. 

Gerren's mother Nyki bothers me.  Like Wyks has asked was she receiving and keeping the child support that Gerren's father was paying for this child?  Was she the one who removed him from the care center and if so why?  For the money?  She has my antenna up.  I found a Nyki Phillips on Facebook in Nowhere, OK not sure if it is her, not much there but here is a link http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?action=post;topic=7609.80;num_replies=84 if this should not be posted then would a mod kindly remove it?

The other thing I am curious about and that is why were the grandparents living in a hotel?  Are they from this area?  Do they have a home somewhere?  If so where?  From what I read not much information about that except to say they abandoned their home?  So many questions.  What has me so disturbed is that this poor child was simply left to die, I hate to even think about what his last moments were like and how much he suffered, it makes me sick. 

It was reported the family were in a house in Garland, TX, which is about 26 miles from The Colony.  I was asking some of the same questions.  It's all very curious, isn't it?

http://cbs11tv.com/local/wylie.child.identified.2.1653586.html

Here's where I was asking the same questions, and did a bit of research.
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=7609.msg1121438#msg1121438

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #89 on: April 26, 2010, 10:14:24 AM »

(snipped)

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/Man-who-found-boys-body--91089234.html
WYLIE - The man whose employees found the body of a little boy in a Wylie park talked about the gruesome discovery Friday to WFAA.

Flowers, cards and teddy bears are now at the site where the body of the unidentified boy was found Thursday.

Gary Valentine said his workers were mowing in the area when they saw what looked like a human leg under a pile of brush. When Valentine arrived at the scene, he picked up what he thought was a small mannequin.

"I said a prayer and I knew I was at a crime scene, but I also knew I couldn't throw a child in a brush pile," he said. "So, I stepped across the fence, laid him down, looked back [and] saw a baby blanket [and] took it and covered up the baby and called 911." (snip)

http://abcnews.go.com/US/identity-year-boy-found-dead-texas/story?id=10425344&page=1
The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children transformed police photographs from the crime scene into a digital composite of what they believe the boy looks like to try and draw the attention of someone who may know him.

"This is a lifelike image of the little boy that we believe is very close to what he looked like," said Ernie Allen, the president of the organization.

Authorities believe the little boy had only been dead a few days when his body was discovered. There were no obvious signs of trauma, either. A full autopsy report has not yet been released.

"There is somebody out there who misses this little guy," said Allen. "We hope this image will help answer some questions."

"And of course, we hope to help law enforcement determine who did this to him," Allen added.

Allen said that authorities have already received about 60 leads they are following up on, and realize that the child may not be from Texas, and could have just been dumped in the area.

"The way his body was disposed of is not a way we want any child to be disposed of," he said.

In some of the articles, it was reported Gerren's body was found near a "stagnant lake" or a "dingy lake". 
I'm going back to check some of the videos in the articles in this thread and see if I can find one that shows the area Gerren was found.  If Darlene Phillips had wanted Gerren to be found, why choose this place?  Why place a child that needed constant care in the elements?  Wild animals, fire ants, you name it are out there.  Besides the fact how long could Gerren survive without feeding?  I can't even go there.  Gerren was dumped imo.  I'm not sure if he was still alive when he was left, since we haven't been given that information that I can find.  It must be very difficult for caregivers.  I still see no reason to leave dump a child like Gerren was.  I had neighbors that cared for a child that was tube fed and could do nothing for herself, she had seizures and etc., and I know it was hard, so hard sometimes for them.  But they never dumped her.  Did Patrick or Darlene Phillips try to get help in caring for Gerren?  If not, WHY NOT?  It must have been hard for Darlene caring for Gerren, but ultimately, it was Gerren that suffered and Gerren that died.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #90 on: April 26, 2010, 11:00:18 AM »

In the article above, the bio father states

""If it's too much to handle, there are ways to find me. You can't tell me they couldn't find me."

and I would say, vise versa to the bio dad...he could have also found his child imo....

It sounds to me like it was just easier for the other family members to let things be...someone else was taking the responsibility of this little boy, as long as they are watching him, then I don't have to....type of thing...shame on all of them...This gramma was more than likely totally overwhelmed for the constant care of this little child...did any one of them offer to take the child for even a week to give this woman who was the child's caretaker a break? The gramma was totally wrong for what she did...but I think that she was desperate for some reprieve of her day to day care of Gerren...it is easy for all of them to say that they would have helped if only she would have asked them to...why didn't they get in touch with her to offer that help? if they could not reach these grand parents or the mother, did they contact authorities to check on the welfare of this child? so many questions...
There are resources available to caregivers, why didn't gramma reach out?? It did not have to end this way....
It sure didn't Cookie and I agree that the other family members seemed to have detached completely from this child.  I wonder why the father did not have any type of custody and why the mother was given sole?  It begs the question can she be charged with neglect of any kind for removing him from the center and leaving him with her mother?  This is such a disturbing tragedy.

Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #91 on: April 26, 2010, 11:02:12 AM »

It was reported the family were in a house in Garland, TX, which is about 26 miles from The Colony.  I was asking some of the same questions.  It's all very curious, isn't it?

http://cbs11tv.com/local/wylie.child.identified.2.1653586.html

Here's where I was asking the same questions, and did a bit of research.
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=7609.msg1121438#msg1121438

Thank you for the links Muffy  an angelic monkey  You are right it certainly is curious as to why they left their home, were they going to dump him and then leave the state?  I don't know but it doesn't make any sense to me at all.

Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #92 on: April 26, 2010, 11:05:12 AM »

(snipped)

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/Man-who-found-boys-body--91089234.html
WYLIE - The man whose employees found the body of a little boy in a Wylie park talked about the gruesome discovery Friday to WFAA.

Flowers, cards and teddy bears are now at the site where the body of the unidentified boy was found Thursday.

Gary Valentine said his workers were mowing in the area when they saw what looked like a human leg under a pile of brush. When Valentine arrived at the scene, he picked up what he thought was a small mannequin.

"I said a prayer and I knew I was at a crime scene, but I also knew I couldn't throw a child in a brush pile," he said. "So, I stepped across the fence, laid him down, looked back [and] saw a baby blanket [and] took it and covered up the baby and called 911." (snip)

http://abcnews.go.com/US/identity-year-boy-found-dead-texas/story?id=10425344&page=1
The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children transformed police photographs from the crime scene into a digital composite of what they believe the boy looks like to try and draw the attention of someone who may know him.

"This is a lifelike image of the little boy that we believe is very close to what he looked like," said Ernie Allen, the president of the organization.

Authorities believe the little boy had only been dead a few days when his body was discovered. There were no obvious signs of trauma, either. A full autopsy report has not yet been released.

"There is somebody out there who misses this little guy," said Allen. "We hope this image will help answer some questions."

"And of course, we hope to help law enforcement determine who did this to him," Allen added.

Allen said that authorities have already received about 60 leads they are following up on, and realize that the child may not be from Texas, and could have just been dumped in the area.

"The way his body was disposed of is not a way we want any child to be disposed of," he said.

In some of the articles, it was reported Gerren's body was found near a "stagnant lake" or a "dingy lake". 
I'm going back to check some of the videos in the articles in this thread and see if I can find one that shows the area Gerren was found.  If Darlene Phillips had wanted Gerren to be found, why choose this place?  Why place a child that needed constant care in the elements?  Wild animals, fire ants, you name it are out there.  Besides the fact how long could Gerren survive without feeding?  I can't even go there.  Gerren was dumped imo.  I'm not sure if he was still alive when he was left, since we haven't been given that information that I can find.  It must be very difficult for caregivers.  I still see no reason to leave dump a child like Gerren was.  I had neighbors that cared for a child that was tube fed and could do nothing for herself, she had seizures and etc., and I know it was hard, so hard sometimes for them.  But they never dumped her.  Did Patrick or Darlene Phillips try to get help in caring for Gerren?  If not, WHY NOT?  It must have been hard for Darlene caring for Gerren, but ultimately, it was Gerren that suffered and Gerren that died.

Awww shoot I meant to say in my original post this park was not exactly a park with much traffic so to speak, just an occasional fisherman.  My bad I think I was only on my first cup of coffee when I posted but thank you for posting those links and the info Muffy - if she was wanting to place him somewhere where someone would find him it is my opinion that this was not the place to do it.  I don't get it.   

BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #93 on: April 26, 2010, 03:15:02 PM »

From what I've seen on the local Tv news, the area did look secluded, the man that found him & crew have been shown several times, and he walked back off the street (kind of similar to Caylee's site), quite overgrown, etc.. The locals set up a memorial at the site and as you've seen from the Newspaper articles it was very moving how the people came together over this little one.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #94 on: April 26, 2010, 04:38:43 PM »

Wylie’s Angel: Grandmother left note with body of 6-year-old Gerren Joseph Isgrigg
April 26, 3:31 PM
Wylie’s Angel: Grandmother left note with body of 6-year-old Gerren Joseph Isgrigg

According to an official affidavit, Gerren Joseph Isgrigg’s grandmother left a note with his body indicating his age and his health care needs.

Prior to identification, Gerren was nicknamed “Wylie’s Angel” by the community of Wylie, Tex. where his body was found on April 15 near Lavon Lake.

To see videos and photos regarding Gerren's case, click here.

The affidavit indicates that Darlene Phillips, 63, told authorities she left a note with Gerren that read, “I’m 6, I have seizures, I need medication and a feeding tube.” His small body was covered with a blanket, however, no note, paper, or any sort of medical supplies were found.

Darlene also told police she felt burdened by having to take care of her special needs grandson.

snipped..
http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crime-Examiner~y2010m4d26-Wylies-Angel-Grandmother-left-note-with-body-of-6yearold-Gerren-Joseph-Isgrigg

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #95 on: April 26, 2010, 05:11:14 PM »

Gramma felt overwhelmed with caring for Gerren, and thought it was unfair her daughter left him in her care.  Gramma admitted to leaving the note, and removing the feeding tube just prior to leaving him there.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #96 on: April 26, 2010, 10:18:58 PM »

Reading the latest articles just makes me angrier, seems what they are all trying to do is make this tragedy understandable.  And I'm just not gonna understand it the way they seem to want us to.  The grandma and anyone else in the family trying to explain this just needs to STFU, in my opinion.   

The man who found Gerren:
"Gary Valentine said his workers were mowing in the area when they saw what looked like a human leg under a pile of brush."

Grandma says she put Gerren in the park hoping someone would find him.  Uh huh.  BS!!!!!!!  He was hidden under bushes.  No one was gonna walk by, and hear a child who was deaf and blind, who couldn't move, who had no way to yell for help much less run out and flag someone down.  Gerren was totally helpless. 

She also says she left a note.  Like that was gonna help???  She took out his feeding tube!  She forgot to mention what his name was, what her name is, where she could be contacted, and the reason why she was leaving him there. 

She needs to admit to everyone, that she took that feeding tube out, hid Gerren's helpless body under the bushes, hoped that if anyone DID find him in time that they wouldn't know who he was.  And if they didn't find him before he died, that they couldn't trace him back to her. 

She is a POS, in my opinion, and needs to hang for the murder of this precious boy. 

As other monkeys have said, this *could have* had such a different ending.  And how differently I would have been viewing her situation and her, had she actually asked for help rather than leaving Gerren all alone to die.  I could have understood had she asked for help, I could have empathized with how hard it all must have been.  I could have and bet most of you could have as well.  But not the way she dealt with the situation.  Damn liar.   

She could have called other family members or friends, she could have called for respite care for any length of time, she could have taken him back to the center, she could have taken him to a safe haven.  For pete's sake she even could have stuck him out in the front yard with a sign that said something like, "free to good home". 

But noooooooooooooo..... She sticks him under a pile of brush. 

POS             Good for nothing POS. 

End of rant.. sorry. 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #97 on: April 26, 2010, 10:34:01 PM »

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local-beat/Wylies-Angels-Dad-Shocked-And-Angry-Over-Sons-Treatment-92064689.html
(2 videos in article at link)
"Wylie's Angel's" Dad Shocked, Angry Over Son's Treatment
April 26, 2010

Sgt. Jerry Isgrigg learned on Friday his son had been the object of national attention after he was found dead near Lake Lavon on April 15.

He also learned his former mother-in-law, Darlene Phillips, 63, had been charged with murder in his son's death.

Dubbed "Wylie's Angel," police later identified the little boy who had been left for dead at in a field as Gerren Joseph Isgrigg, age 6.

In a phone interview, Isgrigg said he felt he had been cut out of his son's life after he divorced his wife, Nyki Phillips, in 2006. Isgrigg has seen Gerren only twice since 2005. He said he thought Gerren was in the care of his former wife.
I had no idea she had passed him off to her mom and dad," Isgrigg said.

Isgrigg said his son was born one month premature and shortly after was diagnosed with West Syndrome, a disorder that causes siezures.

He said he wasn't surprised police found his son weighing only 28 pounds. He said there was a very short time in Gerren's life when he drank from a bottle and knew how to swallow, but when he stopped doing that he was fed through a feeding tube.

Isgrigg said he was shocked and angry at what transpired.

"I don't understand how if a child is going downhill, you don't look into it, you don't go to a doctor. There is no excuse for that," he said.

His former mother-in-law is being held in a Collin County jail on a $500,000 bond.

Autopsy results are still pending.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #98 on: April 26, 2010, 10:39:47 PM »

good post Wykkers!

BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #99 on: April 26, 2010, 10:52:19 PM »

Wonderful post Wyks, you've put into words what we are all feeling, poor dear little guy.  Watching the Grandfather & Uncle making excuses for that woman, makes me even madder.  They were both there living in the same home, why didn't they get assistance if it had become too much for Granny?  All three should be held responsible!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.