March 28, 2024, 07:22:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Unidentified Male CHILD Found Dead-Wylie, TX-ID'd-Gerren Joseph Isgrigg, 6 yo (solved)  (Read 55263 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #100 on: April 26, 2010, 11:09:06 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wylies-angels-grandmother-charged-murder-year-special-boy/story?id=1048101
(Video)
'Wylie's Angel's' Grandmother Charged With Murder of 6-Year-Old Special Needs Boy
Cops: Darlene Phillips Removed Gerren Isgrigg's Feeding Tube, Left Boy to Die
April 26, 2010

A 63-year-old woman has been charged with murder in the death of her 6-year-old grandson, who was found dead and severely malnourished last week near a North Texas lake.
The boy came to be known as "Wylie's Angel," as police in the Texas town of Wylie tried to identify the body.

Darlene Phillips, the boy's maternal grandmother and primary caregiver, was arrested Friday night.

She allegedly told police she left the boy, Gerren Joseph Isgrigg, a special needs child who received food through a feeding tube, in a park and had removed his feeding tube before abandoning him.

Phillips told investigators she left Gerren at the park on April 12 with a note that read: "I'm 6, I have seizures, I need medication and a feeding tube," according to the Dallas Morning News.

No note, medical supplies, or feeding tubes were found with the boy's body, which was discovered three days later by a landscaper mowing the grass, police said.

According to the arrest affidavit, Gerren, who family members said was completely mute and unable to move, was found in a pile of brush, covered by a blanket. The body would not have been visible from a nearby road, the affidavit said.

Circumstances she was in control of led to his murder," Wylie police detective Venece Perepiczka told ABC News Austin, Texas, affiliate KVUE-TV.

Phillips was being held at the Collin County Detention Facility in McKinney, Texas, on $500,000 bail.
Phillips' husband, Patrick Phillips, told police that his wife had told the family she had given the boy to a social worker, according to the arrest affidavit.

Officials say that at 28 pounds, Gerren was half the average weight of a child his age. He was found with marks indicating he used a feeding tube, which suggest he had "significant medical needs," according to the Wylie, Texas, Police Department.

At first, police did not know who the boy was, and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children created a composite image of the child, nicknamed "Wylie's Angel," in the hopes someone would come forward to identify him.

Police said a tip through the center's hotline led them to identify him as Gerren.

The boy's parents are separated. His father, U.S. Marine Staff Sgt. Jerry Isgrigg, is stationed in California and his mother, Nyki Phillips, lives in Oklahoma.
Wylie's Angel' Grandmother Accused of Murder in Boy's Death

Jerry Isgrigg said he first learned of his son's death when investigators contacted him to request a DNA sample.

"I can't get my head around it, any way, shape or form," Isgrigg told ABC News affiliate KVUE.

Isrigg, who divorced the Gerren's mother in 2006, said he last saw his son in a hospital three years ago and was devastated to learn the boy had been left to die.
"I would have done anything to get him in a heartbeat if they would have called," he said.

Darlene Philips' son, the boy's uncle, defended the woman. The son, unidentified by KVUE, said his mother cared for the boy and intentionally left him someplace where he would be found.

"She left him some place where he would be found," the son said. "She fed him and everything. The kid was a complete vegetable the whole time before this. It's not like it's being portrayed."

Police are awaiting the results of an autopsy to determine the cause of Gerren's death, but have told reporters there were no signs of trauma.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 11:11:44 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
FishstickKitty
Scared Monkey

« Reply #101 on: April 27, 2010, 03:09:49 AM »

I live near Wylie. The "park" where he was found is not a place where people come every day. I don't care what people say, I've been there. It's near Lake Lavon..lakes down here aren't just big old round things they have like tributaries?? Words are failing me..so it was like a small section of the lake that was stagnant.

She says she left him ALIVE 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! days before he was found?!?!?! OMG...F this B! seriously.

And they were totally planning on high tailing it. Why would you HIDE at a motel a few days before you're busted. Please.

Many of the tv reports have used the word emaciated. This is a harsh word. not underweight, not skinny, not thin but emaciated. I had a foster son who was underweight when I got him..just like long not as fat baby (he was 6 months). How long do you have to go without food to be emaciated?!?

If my husband came home and one of our cats was gone and he asked me where she was and I said oh..well I dropped her off at the pound. He'd totally question me and want to know details. Apparently not old gramps...

Ummm..and yea..let me tell you how FUMES were coming out of my ears to see that pos adult son of theirs (Gerren's Uncle) tell the news cameras "well she took care of him everyday, I mean he was a vegetable"

oh oh oh MYYYYYY god

Anyways, the point of this is for you monkeys that live in Texas, we are starting a petition to amend the Baby Moses law to include all children under 10 and all disabled minors. Who knows..but this kind of crap has to stop. We have to let these crazy ass women know that there are alternatives to just dumping or killing your kid if you're feeling burdened. I would have GLADLY made sure Gerren was taken care of.

so hop on over to facebook (Texas Monkeys) and join the group:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=114366891925284#!/group.php?gid=117037504990941

if this is in violation of a scaredmonkeys rule, please forgive me. I'm not trying to be a pain or an idiot.

Oh p.s. I have learned alot from you guys over the past year or so I've been around (besides making people mad..lol) and I was able to calm myself by using some of those skills. researching and such. You guys are better than detectives.
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #102 on: April 27, 2010, 07:45:23 AM »

AMEN Wyks. It is infuriating what she did to this poor defenseless child especially when she had many other options 

Thank you for the information Fishstickkitty.

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #103 on: April 27, 2010, 07:49:23 AM »

Hey Fishstick!
your post is an interesting read...
3 days before he was found?? had not heard that one! My God...that makes this crime even more cruel and heinous...Who could do that to a child who is helpless...words fail me...

Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #104 on: April 27, 2010, 08:59:36 AM »

There are so many questions surrounding this case it has me wondering about Gerren's mother.  Why did she think it ok to leave this child with her elder mother?  Why if he had so many health issues wouldn't she want him in an environment where he would be cared for to handle all of his needs, he deserved to have what ever resources were available to treat him and his condition. I have to believe he would have received more care than what the grandmother was able to provide, children are stimulated by therapy and handling by those trained to do so.  And of course the big question is why didn't the grandmother seek help or contact her daughter and tell her he needed more than what she could give?  Something is not right here.  I was looking around and found who I believe is Gerren's mother on myspace, there are pictures of who I think is Gerren on there and she refers to him as her son, the pictures brought tears to my eyes he appears to be so healthy, I can't wrap my arms around this whole thing. 

http://www.myspace.com/124706313

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #105 on: April 27, 2010, 09:29:59 AM »

There are so many questions surrounding this case it has me wondering about Gerren's mother.  Why did she think it ok to leave this child with her elder mother?  Why if he had so many health issues wouldn't she want him in an environment where he would be cared for to handle all of his needs, he deserved to have what ever resources were available to treat him and his condition. I have to believe he would have received more care than what the grandmother was able to provide, children are stimulated by therapy and handling by those trained to do so.  And of course the big question is why didn't the grandmother seek help or contact her daughter and tell her he needed more than what she could give?  Something is not right here.  I was looking around and found who I believe is Gerren's mother on myspace, there are pictures of who I think is Gerren on there and she refers to him as her son, the pictures brought tears to my eyes he appears to be so healthy, I can't wrap my arms around this whole thing. 

http://www.myspace.com/124706313

could it be for the money that they state may or may not have provided for the care of this child? and if money was collected by the grand parents or the mother, why wasn't anyone ever sent out to check on the welfare of this child? besides getting child support for this child from the dad, mom or grand parents were perhaps collecting money for him....
I would be willing to bet that this little boy laid in a room all by himself for much of his life, being ignored..he was blind, deaf and mute (I think I read that he was mute) so who would have heard him if he was in pain or hungry or needed his pants changed? this is so tragic beyond words..this little boy should have been in a facility that would have cared for him, not locked away and ignored...poor little tyke..Everyone on both sides of his family should really be ashamed of themselves imo...

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #106 on: April 27, 2010, 10:02:31 AM »

http://www.wfaa.com/news/Wylies-Angel-Abandoned-Three-Days-Prior-to-Discovery-92112514.html
(With video)
'Wylie's Angel' abandoned three days prior to discovery
April 26, 2010

WYLIE — An arrest warrant affidavit released Monday revealed that six-year-old Gerren Isgrigg was abandoned three days before his body was found in a park near Lavon Lake.

According to the affidavit,  Isgrigg's grandmother, 63-year-old Darlene Phillips, said she left the boy with a note stating, "I'm 6, I have seizures, I need medication and a feeding tube [sic]." Investigators never found that note.

Philips told investigators that she had "removed the feeding tube from the child prior to taking him to the park area." According to the family, Isgrigg was alive when she left.

Isgrigg suffered from West Syndrome, a rare epileptic disorder. The little boy was also deaf, blind and did not have control of his limbs. His body was found in a pile of brush and had been covered with a blanket. According to the affidavit, the child's body was not visible from the road.

It took days for the boy to be identified.

Gerren's mother, Nyki Phillips, had apparently left the boy with her parents three years ago. Darlene Phillips  is now in the Collin County Jail facing murder charges. She made a brief court appearance on Monday.

The dead child's father, Jerry Isgrigg, is a Marine and is stationed in California. He and Nyki Phillips divorced in 2006.

Jerry Isgrigg plans to travel to Texas this week to claim his son's body.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #107 on: April 27, 2010, 10:04:26 AM »

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/localnews/columnists/jfloyd/stories/DN-floyd_27met.ART.State.
Dead boy's family could have gotten help
  April 27, 2010

It takes an awfully hard heart to look at Darlene Phillips' bleak, hollow-eyed mug shot and not feel a distant, feeble stirring of pity.

But I can't scare up much more than that, no matter how overburdened and wrung out and ill-used she might have felt.

Maybe she has supplied an explanation for why she left her severely disabled grandson near a lonely lakefront park – where he died alone – but she can't supply an excuse.

The sorry circle of adults in Gerren Isgrigg's life at least had options, limited as they were. For Gerren, a profoundly disabled boy whose dependence was absolute, there were none. Abandonment, for this child, automatically meant death.

"Stress does terrible things," said Phillips' husband, Patrick, who described his 63-year-old wife's endless caregiving duties. "If you know my wife, you'd know what an angel she is."

Maybe she was tired of being an "angel." Who could blame her?

She was left by default with the task of providing round-the-clock care for a little boy who posed the exhaustive demands of an infant, minus the rewards of watching him grow and develop.

Blind, deaf, unable to swallow and racked by seizures, Gerren had disabilities that would have stressed even the strongest, most resilient family.

And in the random dice roll by which fate so often assigns families to little babies, his luck was lousy. This family – splintered, peripatetic, estranged – did not rise to the task.

People who have followed this sad story have been trying to figure the algebra of blame apportionment. Certainly the boy's mother, who reportedly dumped him on her parents three years ago and then moved away, deserves some pretty severe scrutiny.

His father, a divorced and noncustodial dad who at least met his child-support obligations, is perhaps less culpable.

Still, he wasn't exactly keeping in touch – he hadn't visited the child since June 2007.

And Patrick Phillips comes across as shockingly naive in his blithe acceptance of his wife's explanation that she "took him to a social worker."

Later, his defensive characterization to a local television reporter of Gerren as "a complete vegetable" comes across as something worse.

No question, Darlene Phillips was dealt a poor hand, and for that, she deserves some basic human compassion.

Some elements of this dreadful story may well ring a familiar bell with families staggering beneath the weight of caring for a catastrophically ill relative, or with grandparents forced to become hands-on parents by the cavalier irresponsibility of their own grown children.

But no amount of desperation defends abandoning a disabled baby – "vegetable" or otherwise – with the inhumane callousness of dumping a dog that cannot be housebroken.

"If they had gotten into the system, there would have been services available," said Colleen Horton, an Austin-based policy expert for the disabled and mentally ill.

Horton was not familiar with Gerren's case, but she said the state has resources to help families with in-home feeding, bathing and respite care for severely disabled children.

Those who have dealt with the system, of course, know it can take a lot of patience and persistence to secure such services.

If it was simply too much for her, Darlene Phillips could have taken Gerren to a shelter, a hospital, even a fire station, for crying out loud.

She could have picked up the phone and called a church or child welfare. She could have tried to track down other relatives.

No matter how desperate her situation, she had options.

Gerren had none. His only option was to die.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #108 on: April 27, 2010, 10:09:46 AM »

Darlene Phillips story about leaving Gerren with a note where he could be found?  No way. 

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/localnews/stories/DN-bodyfound_27met.ART.State.Edition2.3d9dc8.html
Authorities say boy lay hidden in Collin County park for three days
April 27, 2010

Gerren Isgrigg lay in an overgrowth of vines near a Collin County pond for three days before his body was found by a mowing crew April 15.

Blind, deaf and unable even to move on his own, he couldn't be seen from the road or a park area nearby, according to court documents obtained Monday. He was covered with a blanket.

Darlene Phillips, Gerren's grandmother and primary caretaker, told investigators she left Gerren at the park on April 12 with a note that read: "I'm 6, I have seizures, I need medication and a feeding tube."

No note was found with Gerren. Nor did investigators find any medical supplies, papers or feeding tubes.

Phillips, 63, told investigators she removed the feeding tube before leaving Gerren in the brush. She is in jail charged with murder.

Her husband, Patrick Phillips, said Monday that he couldn't understand why she took out the feeding tube, which is difficult to remove and requires medical personnel to reinsert.
    Why did she remove his feeding tube?  IMO she left him to die.  That would be besides the fact she left him under brush at a somewhat remote roadside park...and I'm of the opinion this is one of the factors that's going to help get a conviction.  Premeditated. 
"Something had to snap," he said. "She was just at the end of her emotional rope. ... I know in my heart she expected him to be found."

Gerren, who had a rare medical condition called West syndrome, couldn't care for himself. He was given medication twice a day for seizures.

The probable cause affidavit states that Phillips "intentionally or knowingly caused the death of [Gerren] by intentionally leaving the child in a place where the child was unlikely to be located," and because of his health issues, "he was unable to care for himself and died."

Darlene Phillips told authorities she thought she was being punished by the boy's mother by having to care for the child, who had the mental capacity of a 2-month-old, the affidavit states.

Patrick Phillips said the couple had infrequent contact with their daughter, Nyki Phillips, who left Gerren with them three years ago. He said they never heard from Gerren's father, Jerry Isgrigg.

"Neither showed any interest in Gerren," the child's grandfather said.

Wylie police and the Collin County Child Abuse Task Force worked for eight days to determine Gerren's identity once his body was found. They teamed up with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, whose forensic artists created an image of the boy that was distributed to news media and on fliers around town. A Facebook page dubbed "Wylie's Angel" grew to more than 44,000 members who spread the story around the globe.

A tip to the center's hotline Wednesday gave investigators the break they needed to identify Gerren. His parents were contacted Friday.

Jerry Isgrigg has said he thought his son was still with his ex-wife. He's been paying child support to her since their 2006 divorce. Patrick Phillips said he and his wife didn't get any money to care for Gerren.

Nyki Phillips, who lives in Oklahoma, could not be reached for comment.

Darlene Phillips declined an interview from the Collin County Jail, where she is being held on $500,000 bail.

Phillips said his wife worked as a caregiver at a 10-bed assisted living center in Arizona that used to be owned by their son.

Darlene Phillips is listed in bankruptcy filings as the owner of the center; her husband said she was only helping out with the loan. In recent years, he said, she's been caring for Gerren and helping to raise three other grandchildren, who range in age from 2 to 11. They moved away a few months ago.

Phillips said he and his wife talked about putting Gerren in some sort of assisted living center but decided against it.

"We were told he could die any day," he said. "My wife wanted him to live at home with family."

Things are just not adding up here, imo. 
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 10:20:20 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #109 on: April 27, 2010, 10:23:43 AM »

This article is two days old, but has a bit more information in it, so I'll post it. 

http://www.the33tv.com/news/kdaf-wylies-angel-suspect-husband-story,0,7880956.story
(video)
Arrest Warrant Affidavit Sheds Light on Death of 'Wylie's Angel'
Husband says Darlene Phillips is a caring, selfless person who made a "big mistake"

April 25, 2010

The husband of accused killer Darlene Phillips wants their family's story told and is asking the public to reserve judgment in the death of "Wylie's Angel."

It comes as the North Texas community continues to mourn the death of Gerren Isgrigg at a make-shift memorial. He was a 6-year old child they never knew, but nevertheless, resident Megan Chapman says, "It's just devastating."

Gerren's grandfather, who did know the boy and loved him, says he is living a nightmare. Patrick Phillips says, "They think she killed my grandson. She says she didn't. Just the uncertainty. Am I ever going to see my wife again out of jail? It's just terrible."

Darlene Phillips was arrested Friday at a hotel in The Colony. Wylie Police say the 63-year old, who was Gerren's primary caregiver, is being charged with murder. Detective Venece Perepiczka said Friday, "Circumstances she was in control of led to his murder."

Darlene Phillips is in the Collin County Detention Facility. Patrick Phillips visited her for the first time today and asked his wife of nearly 30-years what happened to their grandson. His body was found dumped in a Wylie Park April 15th. Patrick Phillips says, "She fed him, gave him his medicine, got in the car and started driving around, found a good place she thought he'd be found right away and she took him out of the car and left him there."  What about the part where she removed his feeding tube and put him under vines and brush?

The big question, of course, is why.

"I don't know," Phillips said. "She couldn't tell me why."

Mr. Phillips said he thinks it was the emotional stress of taking care of her terminally ill grandson for the past three-years. It's something his parents couldn't do. Gerren didn't talk, couldn't move and had seizures daily.

Patrick Phillips says, "I mean she loved taking care of him. She took great care of him. I mean and it was 24-hour a day care. She'd get up in the middle of the night to reposition him after a particular bad seizure because he would get in a position where he couldn't breathe and you could hear him laboring to breathe and she had like radar."

Phillips is firm in his belief that his wife left Gerren alive and unhurt. He's asking everyone to wait for the facts. Patrick Phillips says, "People only hear what the police are saying and what the end result was. They didn't see the last three-years of her devotion to that boy. I did."

Patrick Phillips says he thought Gerren had been taken to a social worker. His wife didn't tell him or anybody else what she was doing. Darlene Phillips is being held on $500,000 bond.

Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #110 on: April 27, 2010, 10:24:38 AM »

I agree Muffy, things just aren't adding up. 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #111 on: April 27, 2010, 10:40:13 AM »

As I've been reading through the articles in this thread, I notice Patrick Phillips talks about how his wife Darlene took such good care of Gerren, tending him 24 hours/around the clock.  But I don't see any place at all, not one time that he talks about how HE helped tend Gerren.  Did he ever lend a hand with his care?  Maybe he did and it's just not being discussed, since the focus right now seems to be on why Darlene removed Gerren's feeding tube and left him hidden under brush in a rather remote roadside park for three days before he was found... And I find it interesting, as has another poster in here how, when Darlene says she left Gerren with a social worker, that was just accepted.  No more questions?  You've had the boy three years, one day all the sudden he's just given to a social worker?  No more details?  Would that sort of be like giving away an old couch or chair?  JMHO

Patrick Phillips has talked about how worn out Darlene was, but I've never, ever seen anything YET that says he did anything to help her or help Gerren, such as getting help.  Supposedly they discussed putting Gerren in a sort of home, but Darlene wanted to keep him so he could die at home and it was said he could die anytime.   Well, he didn't die at home.  Instead he died a slow death all alone at a roadside covered with vines, blind, deaf, helpless with his feeding tube removed.    

It seems to me there are a number of adults in the life of Gerren that failed him, due to their own selfish pursuits. Not only did Gerren fall through the cracks, he paid for it with his life.  Yes, I understand it can be difficult like when his mother moved out of state, but she HAD to have had an address to keep receiving monthly child support?   Where did the money go? There had to be some way to track her.  And Gerren's dad?  With all due respect for his serving our country in the middle east, how much would it have taken to do a bit of follow up?  Seems everyone thought everyone else was minding the shop (Gerren).   Was it a case of out of sight, out of mind when it came to Gerren?  Is that how it was?  My intent isn't to just finger point, but asking how this happened?  How did it all get to the point Gerren was left to die at the roadside?  And all of this is all IMHO.  Maybe there will be more answers but I'm afraid it's going to sound worse, and not better.  Again imho.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #112 on: April 27, 2010, 11:22:28 AM »

excellent post Muffers! summed up my thoughts to a T...

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #113 on: April 27, 2010, 11:29:57 AM »

If my above post seems harsh, I hope everyone will understand I was thinking of Gerren.  He had no control over his life.  He could do nothing for himself.  He depended on others for all of his needs.  And it would have taken only one (1) person to make a difference for him, not only for the quality of his life but whether he lived or he died.  And how he lived and how he died.  It appears Gerren's daddy did send monthly child support for his disabled son and he says he didn't know of the situation.  That's really sad for him, especially if he thought Gerren was being cared for and the money he sent wasn't being used for his son's care.  The path seems to go to Gerren's mother.  Was she receiving monthly payments for Gerren's care and not using it for that?  Why was Garren taken out of the care facility by Darlene Phillips?

Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #114 on: April 27, 2010, 11:33:42 AM »

excellent post Muffers! summed up my thoughts to a T...
I will second that.  So many failed this little boy, they are heartless and selfish IMO.  I can't help but ask myself wouldn't it have been so much easier for the grandmother to call for help and put him in the care of the proper people than it was to leave him to die in those bushes in a park???  Good Lord how could she have felt good about what she did?  Didn't it bother her that he lay there struggling for his life?  There is more to this than meets the eye I tell ya. 

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #115 on: April 27, 2010, 12:07:22 PM »

If my above post seems harsh, I hope everyone will understand I was thinking of Gerren.  He had no control over his life.  He could do nothing for himself.  He depended on others for all of his needs.  And it would have taken only one (1) person to make a difference for him, not only for the quality of his life but whether he lived or he died.  And how he lived and how he died.  It appears Gerren's daddy did send monthly child support for his disabled son and he says he didn't know of the situation.  That's really sad for him, especially if he thought Gerren was being cared for and the money he sent wasn't being used for his son's care.  The path seems to go to Gerren's mother.  Was she receiving monthly payments for Gerren's care and not using it for that?  Why was Garren taken out of the care facility by Darlene Phillips?

Well darn it I lost my reply. I have more questions than answers in regards to little Gerren. I think all the adults in Gerrens life failed him. From his parents, grand parents and the social service people and doctors who were over seeing his care. How did the mother take him out of the hospital and not have any follow up at all from any one!

IMO How does a father not see his son for three years. Especially him being in the condition he was in. Maybe he did call the ex and family and check up on Gerren I don't know. Like everyone else why  wasn't there any help ask for. Why just put him out in the elements to die. It breaks my heart every time I read about how his life ended. I agree Muffy they need to look at this women who was Gerrens mother.

All I can say is Thank God he is in the Heavenly Fathers arms and has no pain and his happy and filled with Love. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #116 on: April 27, 2010, 12:15:40 PM »

I wish he was born to me.

RIP sweet boy, I am sorry those who were supposed to love you, care for you, charish you failed you. You are at peace now. Fly with the angels little one
newfie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #117 on: April 27, 2010, 12:18:49 PM »

Great posts all! I totally agree with your statements.  If the grandmother really wanted to help her grandson, then why didn't she drop him off at a police station, a hospital, etc. The article states The grandmother and grandfather thought about bringing him to an assited living care facility but changed their mind because they wanted him to die at home. The little angel died alone and cold in a park hidden from view. Sad I have a friend that adopts developmentally challenged children, and she has caretakers come in a few times a week to help out. This is paid through the state or social services. Children with these challenges also qualify for day support services. Gerren was eligible to go to a day program regardless of the severity of his challenges. This grandmother worked in the system and knew the system, she could have gotten help but chose not to. If she wanted her grandson to live why did she take out the feeding tube? What about the uncle and grandfather not identifying this little boy when it was all over the news in the beginning!!!! There is no excuse for what was done to little Gerren.  nope none!
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #118 on: April 27, 2010, 12:19:00 PM »

I am really thinking that it came down to money for the mother...she was collecting the child support, probably getting state aid for her child that she did not even take care of...the bio mom was probably sending the gramma a portion of money that she was collecting for this little child...
if she is/was collecting money from the state, was this child not required to be seen by a doctor regularly? or seen to have gotten his "food" that was given to him through a feeding tube? is that through prescription or not? so many loop holes that this little child fell between..bottom line...no one cared enough about Gerren to check on his welfare...Did the other grand parents ever think that they should take a road trip to go visit their grand son? must not have...sad sad sad....

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #119 on: April 27, 2010, 01:01:26 PM »

Great posts all! I totally agree with your statements.  If the grandmother really wanted to help her grandson, then why didn't she drop him off at a police station, a hospital, etc. The article states The grandmother and grandfather thought about bringing him to an assited living care facility but changed their mind because they wanted him to die at home. The little angel died alone and cold in a park hidden from view. Sad I have a friend that adopts developmentally challenged children, and she has caretakers come in a few times a week to help out. This is paid through the state or social services. Children with these challenges also qualify for day support services. Gerren was eligible to go to a day program regardless of the severity of his challenges. This grandmother worked in the system and knew the system, she could have gotten help but chose not to. If she wanted her grandson to live why did she take out the feeding tube? What about the uncle and grandfather not identifying this little boy when it was all over the news in the beginning!!!! There is no excuse for what was done to little Gerren.  nope none!

agreed 100%

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.