March 28, 2024, 09:31:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Unidentified Male CHILD Found Dead-Wylie, TX-ID'd-Gerren Joseph Isgrigg, 6 yo (solved)  (Read 55264 times)
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #180 on: May 05, 2010, 09:36:52 AM »

I can't help but feel sorry for the grandmother.  All this talk from the father and his family about how they would've helped if the grandmother had just reached out to them...excuse me...you knew just want kind of problems this baby had and how much care he would need.  Did dad not once in 3 yrs look at his insurance paperwork and wonder why there were no charges for in-home care or hospital care?  Grandma was a nurse 24/7...did she have time or the sense to track daddy down for help?

Charge the mother.  She's ultimately responsible for this situation.  She neglected her child and her parent.

IMO

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #181 on: May 05, 2010, 12:24:13 PM »

KittyMom,
Makes you wonder about all of them. What I just can't get pass in all of this is where in the he!! was the mom during all this. You're right dad said he had insurance on little Gerren the whole time.That's a good point, why wouldn't you at some point wonder why no bills for him. I put it all on the mother for dumping Gerren on the grand mother. If she didn't want him why not give him to the dad and let him handle his care. I have not seen or heard one word from the bio mom. I find that very odd. The dad has been seen, the stupid uncle was heard from and the lazy grandfather. If the grand mother was under so much stress and snapped why wasn't the grand father or son trying to get a hold of the dad and his family. Since it didn't sound like they had any contract when the bio mom.  It is just so sad that little Gerren had his little life end so tragically. When he didn't have too.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #182 on: May 05, 2010, 10:13:46 PM »

a part of me feels sorry for the grandmother as well...even though she had other choices..
but I picture that this grandmother had ALL of the care of this little child, never getting a break from his care..maybe of her own volition..dunno..It can be very stressful being a caregiver even to a person with only slight health care needs, let alone a small child that was totally dependent on this elder woman for his complete care...No one in that family should put any more blame on this woman than they put upon themselves..It is easy to say now that he is dead that they would have taken him or helped..Where were they all these years when gramma was with Gerren day and night providing care..Not excusing this woman in the least, but I feel that the rest of the family should share her guilt and her shame for this child's death. He could have and should have been placed in a facility with health care providers trained to help this child..The family could have come to visit him, no one did except for granny.

newfie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #183 on: May 06, 2010, 08:54:58 AM »

Hi ALL... I understand feeling bad for the grandmother as far as her having Gerren to raise and care for. But...  She worked in the system and knew how it all worked. She was not ignorant in that department. She knew there was help. Why she chose not to get it is what baffles me. Something is not right with all of this. It would be different if the grandmother was unfamiliar with how things worked. I wonder which family member was receing the SSDI check? The mother and father of this little boy should have been helping out for these past three years. It takes more than insurance to love and raise a child. The parents were living a carefree life while the grandmother was caring for their child. Shame on them!!!! Sorry to be so judgemental but a little boy died because his own family did not care enough.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #184 on: May 06, 2010, 10:28:45 AM »

yep Newfie....I agree with ya!

Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #185 on: May 12, 2010, 07:44:14 AM »

Hi ALL... I understand feeling bad for the grandmother as far as her having Gerren to raise and care for. But...  She worked in the system and knew how it all worked. She was not ignorant in that department. She knew there was help. Why she chose not to get it is what baffles me. Something is not right with all of this. It would be different if the grandmother was unfamiliar with how things worked. I wonder which family member was receing the SSDI check? The mother and father of this little boy should have been helping out for these past three years. It takes more than insurance to love and raise a child. The parents were living a carefree life while the grandmother was caring for their child. Shame on them!!!! Sorry to be so judgemental but a little boy died because his own family did not care enough.
I wonder the same thing about who was receiving SSDI for Gerren, my hunch is the mother was receiving it and perhaps the grandmother did try to contact the mother for help with no results.  If that was the case then the grandmother should have called Child Protective Services and reported her.  I hold the mother accountable as well seeing as she was the legal custodial parent, yes the father should have done more out of moral will but ultimately it was the mother who was responsible for Gerren on a day to day basis to keep him safe and cared for.  With that being said the grandmother should have reached out instead of placing him under a bush to die. 

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #186 on: May 12, 2010, 07:47:20 AM »

Legal battle over remains of 'Wylie's Angel''

by STEVE STOLER
WFAA
Posted on May 11, 2010 at 9:52 PM
Updated yesterday at 12:06 AM

NEWS 8 EXCLUSIVE

WYLIE — It's been nearly one month since the body of little Gerren Isgrigg was found in a Wylie park. And now, the body of the six-year-old is lying in wait as his parents battle over who gets his body.

Gerren's father, Jerry Isgrigg, asked a Collin County judge to prevent the boy's mother from taking the child's body out of state. But so far, authorities have not been able to find her to serve the papers.

Gerren’s body is at the North Dallas Funeral Home in Farmers Branch. A Collin County probate judge issued a temporary restraining order that will keep the child's body at the funeral home until the court can determine which parent has the right to decide what will happen with Gerren's remains.

Jerry Isgrigg sought for the restraining order. In court documents obtained by News 8, Isgrigg said his ex-wife, Nicky Phillips — who is Gerren's mother — has said she intends to cremate the remains or move Gerren's body to be buried in Arkansas, Missouri or Oklahoma.

Jerry Isgrigg wants to stop her from doing that. The court papers say he wants his child to have a Christian funeral and burial.

Gerren, who became known as "Wylie's Angel" before he was identified, was found at a Wylie park near Lake Lavon on April 15. Eight days later, the six-year-old boy was identified when investigators tracked down his father, a U.S. Marine who is stationed in California.

Gerren’s grandmother, 63-year-old Darlene Phillips, is charged with the child's murder.

News 8 recently traveled to McAlester, Oklahoma, attempting to talk with Nicki Phillips at a rural house she claimed as her address to Wylie police. She was not there.

Collin County probate judge Weldon Copeland ordered the boy's mother and funeral home officials to be in his courtroom Thursday morning. He’s asking them to show why his temporary restraining order should not be granted.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/parents-in-legal-battle-over-wylie-angels-body-93495499.html

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #187 on: May 12, 2010, 09:21:11 AM »

Thanks Mission I hadn't seen that the dad was trying to stop the bio mom from taking little Gerrens remains. I can't call her his mother because all she did was give birth to him. IMO she has never taken care of him or loved him! All she has ever done is pass him off to someone else.

Good question about the SSI. I am thinking she kept it for herself. I sure wish they would go after her for Gerrens death. I hope the dad gets custody of Gerrens remains. I wonder if she will show up to the hearing. Though all of this I don't think she has been heard from or seen except from the funeral home director that said he had spoken with her.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #188 on: May 12, 2010, 10:13:46 AM »

Thanks Mission I hadn't seen that the dad was trying to stop the bio mom from taking little Gerrens remains. I can't call her his mother because all she did was give birth to him. IMO she has never taken care of him or loved him! All she has ever done is pass him off to someone else.

Good question about the SSI. I am thinking she kept it for herself. I sure wish they would go after her for Gerrens death. I hope the dad gets custody of Gerrens remains. I wonder if she will show up to the hearing. Though all of this I don't think she has been heard from or seen except from the funeral home director that said he had spoken with her.
I feel the same way GreenEyes, all she did was pass him off. If she was keeping the money then shame on her and if she was sending it to her mother to care for Gerren then she should have taken it a step further and given her legal guardianship so she had the legal right and ability to make decisions about his care if it became to difficult (as we know now it did) and maybe this child would not have been left to die with no dignity or love.   

Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #189 on: May 12, 2010, 10:19:05 AM »

I can't help but feel sorry for the grandmother.  All this talk from the father and his family about how they would've helped if the grandmother had just reached out to them...excuse me...you knew just want kind of problems this baby had and how much care he would need.  Did dad not once in 3 yrs look at his insurance paperwork and wonder why there were no charges for in-home care or hospital care?  Grandma was a nurse 24/7...did she have time or the sense to track daddy down for help?

Charge the mother.  She's ultimately responsible for this situation.  She neglected her child and her parent.

IMO
I agree about the mother, she should be charged.  Perhaps the grandmother did not reach out to the father's family because if she would have she would have exposed her daughter's neglect and possible fraud (if she was pocketing child support and SSDI) which means she was more concerned about protecting her negligent daughter than she was little Gerren. 

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #190 on: May 12, 2010, 10:56:47 AM »

I feel the same way GreenEyes, all she did was pass him off. If she was keeping the money then shame on her and if she was sending it to her mother to care for Gerren then she should have taken it a step further and given her legal guardianship so she had the legal right and ability to make decisions about his care if it became to difficult (as we know now it did) and maybe this child would not have been left to die with no dignity or love.   

I feel the same way Mission. Gerren should have been able to pass with dignity and love. Of which he had none of. That's what gets to me the most that this little guy was tossed out like he was a piece of trash. One of my nieces had a baby a few years back that born with so much wrong with him. They did heart surgery as soon as he was born. Which was only one problem. When he came home he was on a monitor because he would just stop breathing, he couldn't eat and they had to feed with him a stomach tube. They would get a nurse for a couple hours a week to take care of him so they could have some time to take care of other things. At age three after his third heart surgery he passed in his moms arms. I know how hard it was for her and the family but they did what they had to to take care of him. To see the bio mom dump him on the grandmother and seems to me never looked back. She is just as guilty as the grandmother for Gerrens death.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #191 on: May 13, 2010, 01:29:35 AM »

The entire "family" be damned.  IMO.  Don't care what they want now.  Pffffffffft!  They wrote Gerren off long ago. 

I fully believe that the town folks of Wylie, TX *ought to* be the ones to receive Gerren's body, in order for him to be laid to rest with the dignity, respect and love that he deserves.  The town folks and others online have shown him more love in his death than any of his 'so called' family ever showed him in life, IMO.  They were more than ready and fully prepared to lay him to rest, and I believe they ought to be allowed to do that. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #192 on: May 13, 2010, 07:41:05 AM »

THE DALLAS MORNING NEWS

May 12, 2010 Wednesday

Father of 'Angel' obtains court order over burial

The father of the 6-year-old boy who was found dead last month in Wylie has obtained a temporary restraining order over burial arrangements.

Jerry Isgrigg said Tuesday that his ex-wife, who got sole custody of their son after the couple's 2006 divorce, stopped all communication with him a week ago. The two have not talked since April 23. That's the day investigators identified the body of Gerren Isgrigg, who was found more than a week earlier near a Collin County pond.

Gerren's maternal grandmother, Darlene Phillips, faces a murder charge in connection with his death. Phillips, 63, was the primary caretaker of Gerren, who was blind, deaf and unable to move because of a seizure disorder.

Isgrigg said he filed the request in Collin County probate court last week to ensure that Gerren's mother, Nyki Phillips, doesn't act on her own.

This case is "so she just can't come in and take him and then disappear," Isgrigg said.

Isgrigg wants his son to have a Christian funeral and burial in Arizona. According to his request, Phillips has indicated that she wants her son cremated or buried in Arkansas, Oklahoma or Missouri.

"I'm trying to work it out, but she just doesn't want to play," Isgrigg said of the arrangements.

The court has granted the restraining order, which means that Gerren's body will remain at the North Dallas Funeral Home in Farmers Branch until the court rules which parent has the right to decide on burial arrangements.

Phillips could not be reached for comment. A hearing is scheduled for Thursday.

A mowing crew found Gerren's body on April 15 in the brush on U.S. Army Corps of Engineers land. Wylie Police and the Collin County Child Abuse Task Force teamed up with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children to identify him. A Dallas woman who started a Facebook page to help identify the boy dubbed him Wylie's Angel. His story has captured the hearts of thousands around the world.

A tip to the center's hotline led to Gerren's identity.

Darlene Phillips told investigators she left Gerren at the park with a note that read: "I'm 6, I have seizures, I need medication and a feeding tube." No note was found.

Patrick Phillips said his wife has been caring for Gerren for the past three years. He said their daughter asked the couple to watch Gerren for a few weeks and then never came back.

"I can't believe they're fighting over him now," said Phillips, who has not talked with either of Gerren's parents. "Neither one showed any interest before."
http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:1184961317&start=9

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #193 on: May 13, 2010, 07:45:49 AM »

snipped from Nut's article above:

"""I can't believe they're fighting over him now," said Phillips, who has not talked with either of Gerren's parents. "Neither one showed any interest before." 

speaks volumes to me ....
I agree with Wyks that neither of the parents should get any say in where Gerren will be buried...

Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #194 on: May 13, 2010, 10:03:56 AM »

I feel the same way Mission. Gerren should have been able to pass with dignity and love. Of which he had none of. That's what gets to me the most that this little guy was tossed out like he was a piece of trash. One of my nieces had a baby a few years back that born with so much wrong with him. They did heart surgery as soon as he was born. Which was only one problem. When he came home he was on a monitor because he would just stop breathing, he couldn't eat and they had to feed with him a stomach tube. They would get a nurse for a couple hours a week to take care of him so they could have some time to take care of other things. At age three after his third heart surgery he passed in his moms arms. I know how hard it was for her and the family but they did what they had to to take care of him. To see the bio mom dump him on the grandmother and seems to me never looked back. She is just as guilty as the grandmother for Gerrens death.
Bless your nieces heart, they did whatever they could do for they baby but most of all they loved him and nurtured him until he passed, he knew he was surrounded by their love and that in and of itself was what he needed most.  So sad.  Little Gerren did not have any support system and no loving arms holding him when he died, it makes me sick.

Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #195 on: May 13, 2010, 10:07:50 AM »

The entire "family" be damned.  IMO.  Don't care what they want now.  Pffffffffft!  They wrote Gerren off long ago. 

I fully believe that the town folks of Wylie, TX *ought to* be the ones to receive Gerren's body, in order for him to be laid to rest with the dignity, respect and love that he deserves.  The town folks and others online have shown him more love in his death than any of his 'so called' family ever showed him in life, IMO.  They were more than ready and fully prepared to lay him to rest, and I believe they ought to be allowed to do that. 

I agree Wyk's - Gerren is Wylie's boy.  Amazing how they circled the wagons for this little boy immediately and have continued to support and love him, he belongs with those who didn't even know him but loved him unconditionally.

Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #196 on: May 13, 2010, 10:10:38 AM »

snipped from Nut's article above:

"""I can't believe they're fighting over him now," said Phillips, who has not talked with either of Gerren's parents. "Neither one showed any interest before." 

speaks volumes to me ....
I agree with Wyks that neither of the parents should get any say in where Gerren will be buried...
Pretty powerful statement by the grandfather isn't it. 

Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #197 on: May 14, 2010, 11:51:28 AM »

Court hearing on funeral of boy known as 'Wylie's Angel' is postponed

11:17 AM CDT on Thursday, May 13, 2010

By VALERIE WIGGLESWORTH / The Dallas Morning News
vwigglesworth@dallasnews.com

A court hearing scheduled for this morning over burial arrangements for a boy found dead in Wylie last month has been canceled.
Gerren Isgrigg

A new hearing was scheduled for May 24 in Collin County probate court.

The boy’s father, Jerry Isgrigg, had obtained a temporary restraining order last week to prevent his son’s body from being removed from the North Dallas Funeral Home until he and his ex-wife could work out arrangements.

Isgrigg has said he wants a Christian funeral and burial in Arizona for his son, Gerren. His ex-wife, Nyki Phillips, who had sole custody of the boy, has indicated she wants him cremated or buried in Arkansas, Oklahoma or Missouri.
Also Online

More news, information about Gerren Isgrigg

Any burial is on hold while Isgrigg petitions the court to decide which parent will be allowed to make the arrangements.

The hearing was canceled because Isgrigg couldn't find Phillips to serve her with notice of the case. On Thursday, he filed for an extension of the temporary restraining order, which the judge granted.

Six-year-old Gerren Isgrigg, who was blind, deaf and unable to move because of a seizure disorder, was found dead near a Collin County pond on April 15. His maternal grandmother, Darlene Phillips, has been charged with murder.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/city/collin/stories/051310dnmetwylieburial.f6c88c.html

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #198 on: May 20, 2010, 02:23:54 AM »

That's pretty weird that the mom cannot be located to serve her.  Unless of course she is trying dang hard not to be located.  Sounds like the dad is the one trying to serve her, why doesn't the court and LE just take that task over? 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #199 on: May 20, 2010, 07:10:31 AM »

That's pretty weird that the mom cannot be located to serve her.  Unless of course she is trying dang hard not to be located.  Sounds like the dad is the one trying to serve her, why doesn't the court and LE just take that task over? 

right!
and as a mother, how cold does she appear to us, the general public...not caring enough to see her child while he was living, now not caring enough to even attend to her son at his death...Does she have family and friends? what must they think of her???

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.