April 28, 2024, 05:36:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #35 4/22/10 - 5/04/10  (Read 348946 times)
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1080 on: April 27, 2010, 09:23:47 PM »

Is there any audio of HOPE speaking on her own behalf in the court room???  She and the other's most likely tried to paint a good picture of her ... and then BINGO they play the tape of her and mom having their normal chats. 

GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1081 on: April 27, 2010, 09:26:42 PM »

There are two incident reports where Hope Sykes is named in both.

http://download.gannett.edgesuite.net/wtlv/docs/2010-336.pdf

http://download.gannett.edgesuite.net/wtlv/docs/2010-359.pdf

Here is her criminal record ...

HOPE ANTWANETTE SYKES
PALATKA, FL
Booking Date & Time: 6/10/2009 2:49:24 PM - Booking#: 09-02372
Release Date & Time: 6/10/2009 3:25:00 PM
DOB: 3/24/1991 - RACE: W - SEX: F

Charges Misd/Felony Degree Bond Bond Posted
812.015-2 SHOPLIFTING PETIT FROM MERCHANT 2ND OR SUBSQ OFF M F $504.00 6/10/2009 3:27:04 PM
810.08-2b TRESPASSING OCCUPIED STRUCTURE OR CONVEYANCE M F $504.00 6/10/2009 3:26:35 PM
$1,008.00

HOPE ANTWANETTE SYKES
PALATKA, FL
Booking Date & Time: 6/24/2009 10:27:07 AM - Booking#: 09-02601
Release Date & Time: 6/26/2009 9:45:00 AM

893.13-1a2 MARIJUANA-POSSESS WITH INTENT TO SELL MFG OR DELIVER SCHEDULE I F T $1,004.00 6/26/2009 9:45:31 AM
893.147-1 NARCOTIC EQUIP-POSSESS AND OR USE M F $504.00 6/26/2009 9:45:21 AM
$1,508.00

HOPE ANTWANETTE SYKES
PALATKA, FL
Booking Date & Time: 7/14/2009 1:01:38 PM - Booking#: 09-02894
Release Date & Time: 7/29/2009 1:35:00 PM

893.13-1a2 MARIJUANA-POSSESS WITH INTENT TO SELL MFG OR DELIVER SCHEDULE I F T $1,004.00 7/29/2009 1:23:05 PM
893.147-1 NARCOTIC EQUIP-POSSESS AND OR USE M F $504.00 7/29/2009 1:22:54 PM
812.015-2 LARC PETIT FROM TRANSIT AGENCY 2ND OR SUBSQ OFF M S $504.00 7/29/2009 1:22:34 PM
810.08-2b TRESPASSING OCCUPIED STRUCTURE OR CONVEYANCE M F $504.00 7/29/2009 1:21:31 PM
$2,516.00

HOPE ANTWANETTE SYKES
PALATKA, FL
Booking Date & Time: 1/3/2010 8:22:50 AM - Booking#: 10-00026
Release Date & Time: 1/3/2010 9:49:00 AM

893.13-6a DRUGS-POSSESS CNTRL SUB WO PRESCRIPTION F T $1,004.00 1/3/2010 9:51:49 AM
$1,004.00

HOPE ANTWANETTE SYKES
PALATKA, FL
Booking Date & Time: 1/20/2010 10:37:05 PM - Booking#: 10-00279
Release Date & Time:

893.135-1c1 DRUGS-TRAFFIC 4 GRAMS LESS 30 KG OTHER CNTRL SUBST F F $150,000.00
$150,000.00

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1082 on: April 27, 2010, 09:28:06 PM »

Is there any audio of HOPE speaking on her own behalf in the court room???  She and the other's most likely tried to paint a good picture of her ... and then BINGO they play the tape of her and mom having their normal chats. 

Yeah, the truth kinda bit her in the, um ... you know.

I have not seen any videos of court today other than what JG posted.

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1083 on: April 27, 2010, 09:28:42 PM »

Mz Nancy is covering HaLeigh, and she accidentally forgot to add up Ron's charges, hmm guess she forgot after she railed off Misty's and Tommy's possible sentence. John and Lucy's BIO-MOM must have selective amnesia

NG "cell phone friend of R.C." has been silenced since the jaw-dropping news on Simon's show.   

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1084 on: April 27, 2010, 09:31:02 PM »

Yeah, the truth kinda bit her in the, um ... you know.

I have not seen any videos of court today other than what JG posted.

Didn't Hope say something to the effect ... tha she would rather spend 15yr in prison than go to boot camp.  Careful what you wish for ..... Monkey Devil!

GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1085 on: April 27, 2010, 09:34:59 PM »

Now ... let's just hope that this judge continues with his sentences to other druggies and puts them all away and get's them off the streets of Satsuma.  Possibly another child or teen can be saved. 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1086 on: April 27, 2010, 09:37:00 PM »

Blink says her sources were telling her they were looking for a bag, rope and a blanket but not necessarily Haliegh's body in the most recent river search.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1087 on: April 27, 2010, 09:44:04 PM »

Blink says her sources were telling her they were looking for a bag, rope and a blanket but not necessarily Haliegh's body in the most recent river search.

Oh my, thank-you 
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1088 on: April 27, 2010, 09:56:59 PM »

I wonder if the blanket was the one Misty kept talking about, I understand the rope but am clueless about the bag....I always wondered if they were looking for other evidence besides a body in the river, wonder if the rope was tied to a bag with something in it to weigh it down (my mind won't let me go there @ Haleigh being in a bag , but it has shades of Casey A) Just thinking out loud here

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
d in texas
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1089 on: April 27, 2010, 10:08:12 PM »

Mz Nancy is covering HaLeigh, and she accidentally forgot to add up Ron's charges, hmm guess she forgot after she railed off Misty's and Tommy's possible sentence. John and Lucy's BIO-MOM must have selective amnesia

Did you notice that as well?  I swear the guy was out dealing drugs, traffiking drugs HELLO???????????????????????????? unless NG knows something the rest of the world doesn't and he was simply working undercover...LOL, now that his cousin is sentenced I somehow doubt RC was playing bad cop.......

I also love her slant on reality after playing Hope in court playing the recording she would than say "that was Hope Sykes in court day" trying to allude that she said that in court today. (just my take on it)
d in texas
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1090 on: April 27, 2010, 10:13:30 PM »

thinking outside the box here but and don't know if it is legal,

could Hope of been sentenced so harshly as her involvement (if any purely my thoughts) in Haleigh?
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1091 on: April 27, 2010, 10:14:15 PM »

Did you notice that as well?  I swear the guy was out dealing drugs, traffiking drugs HELLO???????????????????????????? unless NG knows something the rest of the world doesn't and he was simply working undercover...LOL, now that his cousin is sentenced I somehow doubt RC was playing bad cop.......

I also love her slant on reality after playing Hope in court playing the recording she would than say "that was Hope Sykes in court day" trying to allude that she said that in court today. (just my take on it)

Yes I did, so blatant it was crazy. John and Lucy's BIO-MOM should turn her show over to someone like Mike Brooks, he77 almost anyone would be better at this point as she is into sensationalizing anything and everything, in fact she's played the same BOMBSHELL about Caylee A and the search culminating blah blah blah for 16 months and frankly she is well just a jaded, cold biatch that prolly needs to get l@*d 

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1092 on: April 27, 2010, 10:16:16 PM »

thinking outside the box here but and don't know if it is legal,

could Hope of been sentenced so harshly as her involvement (if any purely my thoughts) in Haleigh?
I honestly think 15 yrs is the mandatory minimum, and I don't think IMO anyway she has any knowledge about that night...but I could be wrong about this as it's a CF of a case

[
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1093 on: April 27, 2010, 10:16:47 PM »

It just dawned on me this evening that neither Misty nor Hope seem to grasp the concept of MINIMUM sentence and seem to think they get to chose their own sentence for some odd reason.

Misty said she would do ten years probation, lol.  Yeah, I guess she would!  And Hope seems to think she can refuse the required sentence for something she just pled no contest to!

Is it possible with so much about crime on TV these days that they do not know the meaning of the term "minimum sentence"?

Sure seems that way to me.  I just continue to be amazed at these families and the level of dysfunctionality they have achieved.

Even if their lawyers tell them what the minimum sentence is, if they are too ignorant to know what a minimum sentence is, it's like talking to a stump!  But I truly do not think either one of those two get it that this is the least they can get, not even Hope, the one who just pled no contest.

I can't think of any other reason for their very odd and dense behavior.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1094 on: April 27, 2010, 10:31:59 PM »

www.bloggernews.net

Ronald Cummings Cousin, Hope Sykes Scores 15 Years Behind BarsPosted on April 27th, 2010 by Jan Barrett in Society and Culture, crimeRead 2,111 times.18 year old Hope Sykes was arrested on January 13 along with her cousin, Ronald Cummings, Misty Croslin, Hank (Tommy) Croslin Jr. and Donna Brock on drug charges as a result of a month long undercover operation in Putnam County.

Hope had been arrested earlier on January 3 on a drug possession charge and she was released on her own recognizance, which I guess didn’t look so good on her when later she was also charged with drug trafficking too.

Hope appeared in court Tuesday morning and she plead no contest to one count of drug trafficking in narcotics. The judge presiding over the case, Circuit Judge Terry LaRue sentenced her to 15 years in prison which is the minimum mandatory sentence for this crime.

Apparently Hope was looking to only be sentenced to probation and drug therapy as a youthful offender. She stood before the judge and told him that she wanted to get her GED, go to college and become a physical therapist. She told him, “I let drugs control my life. I let my family down. I know I messed up. I want help. I don’t want to live this life no more.”

Hope’s family and friends were in court to testify for her including her cousin Ronald Cummings, who was never called up to testify. They told the court that Hope had learned her lesson and that she had just gotten caught up in drugs.

Jacksonville.com is reporting that since Hope had only been out of jail for less than two weeks on the possession charge when she was arrested on the drug trafficking charge, she was not eligible for the youthful offender consideration which she would have received a much shorter sentence. LaRue says the youthful offender statute is for young people who are pressured or led astray by peers. “This is not the case here,” he said going farther in explaining that this second charge was not a simple possession charge. “What she did was engage in trafficking.”The prosecutors used a recording of Hope talking to her mother in a jailhouse conversation. She appeared on the audio as being angry and unremorseful and even told her mother, “If they think I am bad now wait until I get out of here.” Prosecutors claimed that the audio proved her lack of remorse for the crime she was being charged for.

When Judge LaRue announced the sentence Hope and her family were quite shaken as can be expected from her family. It is reported that she was also fined $250,000.

The one thing that makes me wonder here is will this news have any effect on the others that were arrested along with Hope. I mean think about it, Hope was the one with the lesser charges. If she is being sentenced for 15 years on her charges then what will the others receive on theirs. Will they worry more now and give some second thoughts about withholding information that they might have about the night Haleigh disappeared?

I do feel bad for these people. They had their whole lives ahead of them and they have thrown it away by getting involved with drugs. I feel even sorrier for the innocent children involved in all this too. Poor little Haleigh may have just have lost her life because of her family’s lifestyle. (And I am not pointing my finger at just one side, they are all alike and I don’t think it is fair to blame only one side when they all seem to have the same problem)

My prayers and concerns are for the little ones that are in the middle of all this at no choice of their own. They are the ones that are going to be hurt more. As I said, Haleigh seems to have paid with her life, if she is indeed gone. (Sorry I still can’t let go of the thought that she could still be out there somewhere) Let’s pray none of the others will have to follow in her footsteps before this family finally gets help, if they ever do. I pray asking God to watch over them!

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1095 on: April 27, 2010, 10:38:57 PM »

It just dawned on me this evening that neither Misty nor Hope seem to grasp the concept of MINIMUM sentence and seem to think they get to chose their own sentence for some odd reason.

Misty said she would do ten years probation, lol.  Yeah, I guess she would!  And Hope seems to think she can refuse the required sentence for something she just pled no contest to!

Is it possible with so much about crime on TV these days that they do not know the meaning of the term "minimum sentence"?

Sure seems that way to me.  I just continue to be amazed at these families and the level of dysfunctionality they have achieved.

Even if their lawyers tell them what the minimum sentence is, if they are too ignorant to know what a minimum sentence is, it's like talking to a stump!  But I truly do not think either one of those two get it that this is the least they can get, not even Hope, the one who just pled no contest.

I hear ya loud and clear.

Amazing people do not know what "minimum" means.

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1096 on: April 27, 2010, 10:56:48 PM »

My gut told me they were looking for a "blanket" ... I'm thinking they found it, too.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1097 on: April 27, 2010, 10:58:12 PM »

I wonder if the blanket was the one Misty kept talking about, I understand the rope but am clueless about the bag....I always wondered if they were looking for other evidence besides a body in the river, wonder if the rope was tied to a bag with something in it to weigh it down (my mind won't let me go there @ Haleigh being in a bag , but it has shades of Casey A) Just thinking out loud here

Maybe...Haleigh wrapped in a blanket, wrapped with rope and block and all put in a bag...

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1098 on: April 27, 2010, 11:03:50 PM »

They don't seem to have a sense of the trouble they're really in by selling drugs.  They're both 18 and it seems like members of their family are constantly in-and-out of jail.  A little bit of time here and there.  It's like their concept of jail is getting arrested, paying a couple hundred dollars to get out on bail and to get paroled. 

I'm sure the 15 years sentence today is mind-blowing to "hear" the Judge order it...I'm just as sure that Misty STILL doesn't have a clue how many years she will be sentenced.

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1099 on: April 27, 2010, 11:06:11 PM »

Just had a thought...would love to hear the jailhouse tapes on the phone calls from Misty, Ron, etc. in the next few days about Hope's sentencing.   

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.