April 27, 2024, 05:33:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #35 4/22/10 - 5/04/10  (Read 348895 times)
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1100 on: April 27, 2010, 11:26:39 PM »

If you plead "no contest" to something and the minimum is 15 years, guess how much you are going to get as a sentence!  Having been in and out of jail so many times, how can they not know the basic terms and how that works!

Drug addled brains I suppose but still. . . Even talking about boot camp or probation is just ridiculous. 

It is one thing to live like this but to drag innocent children into their sordid lifestyles is just sickening. 

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1101 on: April 27, 2010, 11:46:13 PM »

Thinking about Hope's 15 year sentence...I don't see how that's any inducement for the other's to talk because their involvement/knowledge in/of Haleigh's death will just addd years to their sentences. Maybe Hope does know something and they think she'll talk. We'll have to wait and see.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1102 on: April 27, 2010, 11:51:44 PM »

Mz Nancy is covering HaLeigh, and she accidentally forgot to add up Ron's charges, hmm guess she forgot after she railed off Misty's and Tommy's possible sentence. John and Lucy's BIO-MOM must have selective amnesia

Did you notice that as well?  I swear the guy was out dealing drugs, traffiking drugs HELLO???????????????????????????? unless NG knows something the rest of the world doesn't and he was simply working undercover...LOL, now that his cousin is sentenced I somehow doubt RC was playing bad cop.......

I also love her slant on reality after playing Hope in court playing the recording she would than say "that was Hope Sykes in court day" trying to allude that she said that in court today. (just my take on it)

Yes I did, so blatant it was crazy. John and Lucy's BIO-MOM should turn her show over to someone like Mike Brooks, he77 almost anyone would be better at this point as she is into sensationalizing anything and everything, in fact she's played the same BOMBSHELL about Caylee A and the search culminating blah blah blah for 16 months and frankly she is well just a jaded, cold biatch that prolly needs to get l@*d 

LOL I just finally got the BIO-MOM statement... Monkey Devil!
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1103 on: April 28, 2010, 12:00:54 AM »

Blink says her sources were telling her they were looking for a bag, rope and a blanket but not necessarily Haliegh's body in the most recent river search.

I wonder if the blanket was the one Misty kept talking about, I understand the rope but am clueless about the bag....I always wondered if they were looking for other evidence besides a body in the river, wonder if the rope was tied to a bag with something in it to weigh it down (my mind won't let me go there @ Haleigh being in a bag , but it has shades of Casey A) Just thinking out loud here

Maybe...Haleigh wrapped in a blanket, wrapped with rope and block and all put in a bag...

If Ron is involved I don't see him or his family or Croslins putting Haleigh in the river maybe evidence.. I see them or someone burying her..
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1104 on: April 28, 2010, 12:06:54 AM »

I was reading around on the net and some people out there are mad about Hope getting the time she did, I say she deserves every bit of her sentence, she was selling and trafficing drugs and Im glad Ron was in the court room to see what she got, the drug thing is very serious and should be treated as such, I dont understand some people thinking she was given too much time, let her sell some pills to their kids and something bad happen and then see what they have to say, She got what she deserved IMO, and Im glad the Judge is showing those people that selling drugs will not get a slap on the wrist....might make a difference somehow....

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1105 on: April 28, 2010, 12:18:34 AM »

Blink says her sources were telling her they were looking for a bag, rope and a blanket but not necessarily Haliegh's body in the most recent river search.

I wonder if the blanket was the one Misty kept talking about, I understand the rope but am clueless about the bag....I always wondered if they were looking for other evidence besides a body in the river, wonder if the rope was tied to a bag with something in it to weigh it down (my mind won't let me go there @ Haleigh being in a bag , but it has shades of Casey A) Just thinking out loud here

Maybe...Haleigh wrapped in a blanket, wrapped with rope and block and all put in a bag...

If Ron is involved I don't see him or his family or Croslins putting Haleigh in the river maybe evidence.. I see them or someone burying her..

I agree, I'm wondering if the blanket had biological evidence and was out in a bag with the rope and tossed and HeLeigh is somewhere else, probably buried

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #1106 on: April 28, 2010, 12:27:13 AM »

Good Evening Monkeys and Guest!

Just stopping in to get caught up....Sure hope Ronald had some clean drawers to put on when he got back to jail. hehe I know he crapped his boxers when that sentence was handed down.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1107 on: April 28, 2010, 12:56:25 AM »

Good Evening Monkeys and Guest!

Just stopping in to get caught up....Sure hope Ronald had some clean drawers to put on when he got back to jail. hehe I know he crapped his boxers when that sentence was handed down.
Monkey Devil!

OMG  thats soooo Anthony.  (credits to miss Mae)
d in texas
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1108 on: April 28, 2010, 01:31:14 AM »

Have a question:  Was Ron actually seen handing pills or exchanging money in the "dope" deals?  Something just isn't sitting right here with Ron he rode in the car with Hope from court previously.  Thought that male and female prisoners didn't travel together?  Then he is in court today for what?  something is missing .....jmo

I still keep going back to the 911 calls earlier today and I know that was not Misty's voice, then mentioning drugs, Ron saying his gun is gone the door is bumped or whatever you call it.  Then they hang up when asking specific details, IE: what was Haleigh wearing, color of clothing? Then he gets back on the phone with the same whining crying jig he did on TV on his knees.

Then Tommy's lawyer on NG saying he wishes that they would make an arrest so everything would come out.

swear this is driving me crazy..
sbm
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1109 on: April 28, 2010, 02:33:36 AM »

Have a question:  Was Ron actually seen handing pills or exchanging money in the "dope" deals? 

Ron was counting pills in ten packs in one video.  He's toast. JMHO.
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1110 on: April 28, 2010, 07:25:07 AM »

Thinking about Hope's 15 year sentence...I don't see how that's any inducement for the other's to talk because their involvement/knowledge in/of Haleigh's death will just addd years to their sentences. Maybe Hope does know something and they think she'll talk. We'll have to wait and see.
I guess the other's lawyers would look for a plea deal.  I doubt that any of them will talk now unless it is in their best interest.

In Hopes case, if she knows something about Haleigh and were to talk now, do you know if the sentence she rec'd of 15 years can be appealed since she did receive the MINIMUM sentence?  In other words, is it to late for her to negotiate now?  tia
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1111 on: April 28, 2010, 07:40:44 AM »

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20100428/ARTICLES/4281005/1002
Cummings cousin gets 15-year sentence
Hope Sykes pleaded no contest to one count of trafficking prescription narcotics.
 Published: Wednesday, April 28, 2010 at 6:01 a.m.
Last Modified: Tuesday, April 27, 2010 at 10:38 p.m.
PALATKA - Hope Sykes - a 19-year-old cousin of Ronald Cummings, the father of missing Putnam County girl Haleigh Cummings - was sentenced to 15 years in prison Tuesday after earlier pleading no contest to one count of trafficking prescription narcotics.

The sentence by Circuit Judge Terry LaRue is the minimum mandatory sentence for the crime.

Sykes, Cummings and Misty Croslin were all arrested on trafficking charges in January following an undercover investigation. Croslin, who was married for a short time to Cummings before they divorced in October 2009, was baby-sitting Haleigh when she disappeared in February 2009.

Putnam County Sheriff's Lt. Johnny Greenwood said Tuesday the investigation of Haleigh's disappearance is ongoing with no new breaks.

Putnam County officials recently said the case of the 5-year-old girl's disappearance in February 2009 is now considered a homicide, though no body or trace of the girl has been found.

At the hearing Tuesday morning, Sykes had sought to be sentenced to drug therapy as a youthful offender. She told the judge she wanted to receive a GED diploma, go to college and become a physical therapist.
I let drugs control my life," Sykes said. "I let my family down. I know I messed up. I want help. I don't want to live this life no more."

Friends and relatives asked for leniency, saying Sykes had learned her lesson. They pledged to support Sykes in her effort to continue her education and stay out of trouble.

Assistant State Attorney Jacquelyn Roys pointed out that Sykes was arrested Jan. 3 on an unrelated drug possession charge, yet continued to be involved with drug activity after being released on that charge, leading to her second arrest.
Roys also played an audiotape of a phone conversation between Sykes and her mother while Sykes was in jail in which she said that if people think she is trouble now, she will be worse if she went to a rehab program.

"It's the state's position she needs the minimum mandatory," Roys said.

LaRue cited Sykes' violation of the terms of her release for the drug possession charge as a factor in his decision to give her 15 years.

Both Sykes and her many relatives and friends who were in the courtroom seemed surprised by the sentence, which elicited a gasp from some and an anguished expression from Sykes. Relatives declined to comment after the sentencing.

Cummings was on the witness list and was in the courtroom on Tuesday but he was not called to testify.

Cummings is among several people connected to the Haleigh case now facing drug-trafficking charges.

Arrested as a result of the investigation were Sykes on one count; Croslin on eight counts; Cummings on five counts; Misty Croslin's brother, Hank "Tommy" Croslin Jr., on one count; and Donna Brock, a friend of Misty Croslin, on one count.
Tommy Croslin has been arrested on other drug charges unrelated to the undercover investigation. Both he and Cummings have had other run-ins with the law.

Chris Kelly, a spokesman for the 7th Circuit State Attorney's Office, said prosecutors had no comment on Sykes' sentence because of the pending cases against the others.

Kelly added he is not aware of any negotiations on plea agreements for the other defendants.

James Werter, attorney for Tommy Croslin, said the sentence given to Sykes would not impact the handling of his client's case.

"It's different charges, different degrees, different score sheets - the whole nine yards," Werter said.

Attorneys for Misty Croslin and Cummings could not be reached.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1112 on: April 28, 2010, 08:06:09 AM »

I agree, I'm wondering if the blanket had biological evidence and was out in a bag with the rope and tossed and HeLeigh is somewhere else, probably buried

Since Werter says Tommy knew what happened that night, wouldn't Tommy know where Haleigh was placed?
Do you think Tommy will use this information and attempt to negotiate a plea deal? 
Haleigh must be found...unless she is in the water and that may not be possible now. 
Why is this taking so long?
LE must be so frustrated.  I'm concerned that there are no searches for Haleigh that we know of.  What's your take on this IM? 
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1113 on: April 28, 2010, 08:07:35 AM »

Thanks Trim - top o- the mornin' to ya'!   an angelic monkey

Morning Monkeys!
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1114 on: April 28, 2010, 08:12:43 AM »

If I remember correctly ... mmmm..... when they first started the search .... wasn't there mention of someone seeing Misty with a bag ...

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1115 on: April 28, 2010, 08:18:49 AM »

Thanks Trim - top o- the mornin' to ya'!   an angelic monkey

Morning Monkeys!

Good Morning!   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1116 on: April 28, 2010, 08:22:22 AM »

If I remember correctly ... mmmm..... when they first started the search .... wasn't there mention of someone seeing Misty with a bag ...

Gee that's interesting Grama.  I don't remember, but maybe some of our Monkeys with better memories than mine will.
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1117 on: April 28, 2010, 08:35:23 AM »

NANCY GRACE

Croslin`s Drug Co-Defendant Sentenced to 15 Years

Aired April 27, 2010 - 20:00:00   ET

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/27/ng.01.html
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1118 on: April 28, 2010, 09:10:00 AM »

When po knocked on doors around shell harbor and asked if neighbors saw "a ninety's chrysler grey van" a person mentioned

that "misty was scene at that area carrying a garbage bag" at the time of HC disappearance.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1119 on: April 28, 2010, 09:21:07 AM »

When po knocked on doors around shell harbor and asked if neighbors saw "a ninety's chrysler grey van" a person mentioned

that "misty was scene at that area carrying a garbage bag" at the time of HC disappearance.

Thanks seahorse

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.