April 27, 2024, 11:55:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #35 4/22/10 - 5/04/10  (Read 348868 times)
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1140 on: April 28, 2010, 11:30:52 AM »

Thanks Fatcat! 

Why did Werter say anything then - unless he just wanted to get on the airwaves to preach his client isn't culpable blah blah blah.
I really wish these lawyers would stay home and stop going on tv, only makes matters worse.

Can you say money groveling attention getting opportunists!   
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1141 on: April 28, 2010, 11:33:21 AM »

I was reading around on the net and some people out there are mad about Hope getting the time she did, I say she deserves every bit of her sentence, she was selling and trafficing drugs and Im glad Ron was in the court room to see what she got, the drug thing is very serious and should be treated as such, I dont understand some people thinking she was given too much time, let her sell some pills to their kids and something bad happen and then see what they have to say, She got what she deserved IMO, and Im glad the Judge is showing those people that selling drugs will not get a slap on the wrist....might make a difference somehow....

It amazes me the level of ignorance of some individuals that view drug crimes more minor as opposed to at the root of heinous crimes all too often & that this country is in an epidemic of abuse causing havoc, harm & pain everywhere it comes in contact with.  They were trafficking, probably often within a short distance to schools endangering yet more of our children.  I'm utterly sickened beyond tolerance with the bleeding hearts of our society, their views do not help but for a minor few & causes the revolving door we witness every day.  The people expressing this view are discounting that she committed these crimes in short order from getting in trouble previously.  Her attitude also displays a total disregard of authority, a lack of respect for life & showed no sign of rehabilitation, in fact what she said to her mother was chilling & repulsive.    In my view, what should be paramount on society's mind as a whole should be protecting our children from a generational doom...the families in this case being a perfect example.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1142 on: April 28, 2010, 11:35:39 AM »

I just don't see Misty, Tommy, or cousin Joe taking the time to give Haleigh a burial.  They'd have to find a shovel and actually break a sweat.  I can see them putting her body in a bag and throwing her in a dumpster.  If that is what happened, her remains will never be found.

As for the rope, blanket, bag rumor...I can see them trying to get rid of a blanket with dna evidence on it by putting it in a bag, tying a block on the bag with a rope and throwing it into water.  Even if they find the blanket, how much evidence might LE gain after all this time?
And we go right back to the beginning with that dumpster, this is just so darn frustrating. I still believe that dumpster held clues, but what do I know 
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1143 on: April 28, 2010, 11:36:43 AM »

What Werter said;  http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/27/ng.01.html

Mr. Werter, is it true that you have stated that your client can ID the killer, the person that took Haleigh?

WERTER: OK. That`s incorrect. What I stated was that he`s, first of all, not culpable but he does know what happened that night. I had been repeatedly saying that I cannot discuss the facts of the case because it`s an ongoing investigation and I`d like to see it come to a successful conclusion.

You being former in a way law enforcement by being a prosecutor, me being former law enforcement and a prosecutor, I`d like to see a successful end to this. And I think Tommy will come out very well with this.

GRACE: OK. Wait. Now you`re saying that your client knows what happened that night?

WERTER: Yes.

GRACE: What happened?

WERTER: I told you. I just told you. I cannot discuss the facts of the case because of the ongoing investigation. When I am dying for an arrest to be made in this case and I could be more forthcoming. But right now I have a good working relationship with law enforcement. I`m going to keep it that way.

So, in other words he is a willing participant to his client & the rest putting this all on Joe - even if that turns out to be a partial or total lie to save their own hides?

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1144 on: April 28, 2010, 11:39:48 AM »

So I guess we wait for Tommy to tell what happened that night? Or did he tell what happened that night, hence the search of the river? 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1145 on: April 28, 2010, 11:40:59 AM »

I believe it can be assumed that Flora Hollars' actions which followed her April 11th  conversation with Tommy created the catalyst that resulted in all the activty in the Haleigh Cummings case which encompassed the week of April 12th.

It appears that Tommy came clean to authorities the following day.  Did he approach investigators or did they approach him?

IMO.

Good Morning All.

Janet
8:40 AM PT

++++++++++++++

Resident Saw Misty Carrying A Trash Bag Near Search Area
Wednesday, April 14, 2010

SATSUMA - Sheriff’s divers searching for Haleigh Cummings on Tuesday apparently recovered items that brought a University of Florida anthropologist to the St. Johns River south of Satsuma.

Cummings was 5 years old when she was reported missing from her home on Feb. 10, 2009.

Tuesday morning saw a dramatic increase in activity in the lingering case with dozens of officers from several law enforcement agencies converging on the Shell Harbour boat ramp in South Putnam. The intensity of the search was similar to how lawmen initially responded to Haleigh’s disappearance.

It was clear that investigators expected to find something on Tuesday.

The search was triggered by a tip the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office received on Monday, said Lt. Johnny Greenwood, a spokesman for the department.

But authorities were tight-lipped about what the tip specified.

“Due to the sensitivity of this investigation, the name of the person providing the tip and the physical evidence alleged to be in this area will not be released,” Greenwood said.

http://www.cayleedaily.com/2010/04/resident-saw-misty-cummings-carrying-a-trashbag/

Nancy Grace - April 15, 2010

NANCE GRACE: Did Tommy Croslin call you from behind bars? And if so, what did he say?

FLORA HOLLARS: He told me he was crying. And he says, Nanny, I`ve got to break down. I`ve got to tell somebody. And I told him, I says, Tommy, I know in my heart exactly what you`re fixing to say. He says, Nanny, what do you mean? I said, Are you going to tell me that Joe did this? He says, Yes, Nanny, Joe did.

<snipped>

HOLLARS:  There`s three grandkids of mine that`s involved in this, and I don`t know why! But I`d sure like to know why. They have no remorse or something. But nobody decided to say anything until I broke Tommy on the phone Sunday. And yes, I`m the one that called the detectives. And yes, I`m the one that sent them to the river!

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/15/ng.01.html

Attorney: Tommy Croslin Gave Investigators Tip
Sun., April 18, 2010

An attorney said Friday that his client, Hank "Tommy" Croslin Jr., led investigators to the St. Johns River in the latest search for Haleigh Cummings.

Attorney James Werter said Croslin met with investigators for over an hour before leading Florida Department of Law Enforcement officials and Putnam County deputies to the river.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36604607/ns/local_news-orlando_fl/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1146 on: April 28, 2010, 11:41:55 AM »

And where is Granny Flora? Awful quiet now.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1147 on: April 28, 2010, 11:42:04 AM »

Blink says her sources were telling her they were looking for a bag, rope and a blanket but not necessarily Haliegh's body in the most recent river search.

I wonder if the blanket was the one Misty kept talking about, I understand the rope but am clueless about the bag....I always wondered if they were looking for other evidence besides a body in the river, wonder if the rope was tied to a bag with something in it to weigh it down (my mind won't let me go there @ Haleigh being in a bag , but it has shades of Casey A) Just thinking out loud here

Maybe...Haleigh wrapped in a blanket, wrapped with rope and block and all put in a bag...

If Ron is involved I don't see him or his family or Croslins putting Haleigh in the river maybe evidence.. I see them or someone burying her..

I agree, I'm wondering if the blanket had biological evidence and was out in a bag with the rope and tossed and HeLeigh is somewhere else, probably buried

When po knocked on doors around shell harbor and asked if neighbors saw "a ninety's chrysler grey van" a person mentioned

that "misty was scene at that area carrying a garbage bag" at the time of HC disappearance.

Thanks seahorse

Sorry, seems I'm the only one posting but just catching up, I do remember now about a garbage bag

Amazing how this person just stepped forward about Misty and a garbage bag.  Misty's been the key from day one and suddenly they remember .... Yeah. 

I agree........seriously would it be too much to ask for just one aspect of this case to make even a fraction of sense
Nevermind, forgot we are dealing with the Satsuma pillbillies who probably have a combined IQ of 65 (if that high)

Island Monkey,

Do you know or any Monkeys know if there is a 12-step program for Pillbillies? 

A sentence should be given with a manatory attendance to a 12-program to detox.

These pillbillies are poluting our world.
Not that I can think of, but look at it this way, maybe it could be profitable to write "The PillBillie 12-Step Program for Dummies" along with the laminated bail card that Carpe mentioned........just thinking like an entrepreneur IYKWIM

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1148 on: April 28, 2010, 11:51:29 AM »

Thanks Fatcat! 

Why did Werter say anything then - unless he just wanted to get on the airwaves to preach his client isn't culpable blah blah blah.
I really wish these lawyers would stay home and stop going on tv, only makes matters worse.

Can you say money groveling attention getting opportunists!  

Lines from a book I've been reading "When the husband is the suspect" by F. Lee Bailey in reference to OJ Trial and still applies today IMO.

from book;
Television, sadly, has become the main source of info for the American public.  Unfortunately, that medium rarely gives more than snapshots, often tainted by commentary from lawyers, many of whom are called upon to analyze cases too complex for them to handle themselves.  Johnnie Cochran and I labeled them "the pundits" and had many a laugh over how far off the mark they would venture in their analyses, smiling confidently as if they had unearthed revealed wisdom.

Than add in the AH, Cobra's, Lenny Padilla's, Levi Page, etc and we have a mess of crap for the public to wad thru to the truth of the crime.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1149 on: April 28, 2010, 11:54:09 AM »

There was a time years ago lawyers couldn't advertise, I wish they would go back to that I really do 
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1150 on: April 28, 2010, 12:01:03 PM »

www.firstcoastnews.com

FDLE Ropes off Area Near I-95, State Road 16 in St. Johns County

Dave Wax     Created: 4/28/2010 10:25:29 AM    Updated: 4/28/2010 10:31:56 AM
Recommend Print Email Article Larger Smaller

ST. JOHNS COUNTY, Fla. -- State investigators have roped off an entire block near Interstate 95 and state Road 16, but haven't yet said why.

The area is at the intersection of Commercial Drive and Agricultural Center Drive, behind the Denny's and Hampton Inn.

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement is on the scene and has put crime scene tape around an entire block that is undeveloped.

First Coast News has a crew on the scene gathering more information

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #1151 on: April 28, 2010, 12:03:00 PM »

Getting fitted for teeth?   <slap me>

These are my opinions and subject to change.
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1152 on: April 28, 2010, 12:05:09 PM »

www.firstcoastnews.com

ST. JOHNS COUNTY, Fla. -- State investigators have roped off an entire block near Interstate 95 and state Road 16, but haven't yet said why.

The area is at the intersection of Commercial Drive and Agricultural Center Drive, behind the Denny's and Hampton Inn.

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement is on the scene and has put crime scene tape around an entire block that is undeveloped.

www.actionnewsjax.com

Body found near I-95Last Update: 11:46 am

Print Story | ShareThis

Slideshow
Body found in St. Johns County ST. JOHNS COUNTY, Fla. -- A body was discovered Wednesday morning in an open field near the intersection of I-95 and State Road 16.

The body was located by Florida Department of Law Enforcement agents who were looking for evidence as part of an ongoing investigation.

FDLE's crime scene unit is processing the scene.

Stay with Action News and ActionNewsJax.com for continuing coverage.

fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1153 on: April 28, 2010, 12:08:59 PM »

What Werter said;  http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/27/ng.01.html

Mr. Werter, is it true that you have stated that your client can ID the killer, the person that took Haleigh?

WERTER: OK. That`s incorrect. What I stated was that he`s, first of all, not culpable but he does know what happened that night. I had been repeatedly saying that I cannot discuss the facts of the case because it`s an ongoing investigation and I`d like to see it come to a successful conclusion.

You being former in a way law enforcement by being a prosecutor, me being former law enforcement and a prosecutor, I`d like to see a successful end to this. And I think Tommy will come out very well with this.

GRACE: OK. Wait. Now you`re saying that your client knows what happened that night?

WERTER: Yes.

GRACE: What happened?

WERTER: I told you. I just told you. I cannot discuss the facts of the case because of the ongoing investigation. When I am dying for an arrest to be made in this case and I could be more forthcoming. But right now I have a good working relationship with law enforcement. I`m going to keep it that way.

So, in other words he is a willing participant to his client & the rest putting this all on Joe - even if that turns out to be a partial or total lie to save their own hides?

IDK I am confused about his use of the words "not culpable".  Seems to me sometimes these lawyers just use words in a different way to suit their needs for the crime.  JMO. 

All I can find is Canadian law which is either Culpable(intentional) or Not Culpable(Unintentional). 

I'm still looking at the same 3 characters.  But who knows?  Maybe Joe is in there somewhere but w/out evidence he's not?  who knows?  Confused. 
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1154 on: April 28, 2010, 12:09:11 PM »

www.firstcoastnews.com

Thanks for that update Grama.  Does anyone have a map reference for this area in relation to the Shell Harbor scene and RC/MC's little blue abode?

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1155 on: April 28, 2010, 12:09:49 PM »

So I guess we wait for Tommy to tell what happened that night? Or did he tell what happened that night, hence the search of the river? 

I don't see any TRIAL date set for Tommy so far.  If he is gonna squeal on those involved in HaLeigh's case, then most likely working out a deal.  But Ron and Misty are due in court on May 13th. 

flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1156 on: April 28, 2010, 12:10:44 PM »

www.firstcoastnews.com

Thanks for that update Grama.  Does anyone have a map reference for this area in relation to the Shell Harbor scene and RC/MC's little blue abode?

OOOPs, jumped in too soon.  "Man's body"

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1157 on: April 28, 2010, 12:11:16 PM »

www.firstcoastnews.com

I don't, but I don't think this has anything to do with HaLeigh's case.......I believe it's probably the woman who was missing from Putnam County a day or two ago

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1158 on: April 28, 2010, 12:18:18 PM »

www.firstcoastnews.com

Looks to be about 1 hr. from Satsuma.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1159 on: April 28, 2010, 12:21:54 PM »

Hopefully Flora is being advised by someone in regards to the definition of exploitation.

By allowing herself to be diverted by NG/JVM from what was actually said in the recorded  jailhouse conversations with her grandkids down the path of speculations ... speculations that were at times all over the place ... Flora was losing all credibility.

Maybe Flora has been offered big bucks by other media outlets to tell her story in regards those jailhouse conversations.

Maybe LE has informed Flora that revealing the substance of those calls could compromise the ongoing investigation.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.