April 27, 2024, 09:44:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #35 4/22/10 - 5/04/10  (Read 348849 times)
BamaMonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1220 on: April 28, 2010, 07:03:23 PM »

Can anyone point me to a site where I can read the police incident reports on the drug busts?
I am interested in the one that describes Tommy's participation.   Thanks

They are all in this article here:

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=151021&catid=3

I think Tommy is in the first one.

Thank you!
HopeForAll
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1221 on: April 28, 2010, 07:05:08 PM »

d, I know are opinions about Hope's sentence will not be popular, but I couldn't agree with you more. My reasons are this. Apparently drugs have been rampant in all the family's involved for more then one generation, as with alcohol "parents are alcoholic but the children have the hangover." I'm not excusing anyone's behavior, I am saying "you go with what you know." Now will someone tell me where this 18/19 yr. is going to get or earn $250,000 in the next 12 yr.s? As far as I know you cannot benifit from a crime you have commited. She has no chance of having that kind of money. Punishment is indeed necc ::dogwag::essary 5 yr.s, just might do the trick and she could of come out with the desire to make a change. 15 yr.s + doing time for a fine she cannot possibly pay is overkill. She could have fought for herself but she didn't. I am assuming she had a public "pretender"(defender) for an attorney if I am wrong I know my monkey brethren will let me know. . My other reason for disagreeing with this sentence is, if Mom and Dad were upstanding people who could afford a real "liar" I am willing to bet the outcome  would have been very different.  Sure Hope has a lousy attitude and a wise mouth, sounds like a lot of teens to me. And when I think of the rotten s.o.b.s who get away with rape torture and muder and hit the streets again and again it just seems to be excessively harsh for one count. Ron should have been put away a long time ago for his many drug charges, maybe Hope wouldn't be where she is today.
ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #1222 on: April 28, 2010, 07:08:26 PM »

I have not heard Werter states this however,

Marlaina Shiavo just reported on HLN Prime News that Werter has said that

Tommy and Misty will probably not be charged with HaLeigh's disappearance/demise but there were several POI.

Thank-you Heart for the update on Mr.Werter's comment.

Could you kindly tell me (when you have some time), how far was Misty's parents M.H. from Shell dock?  Walking distance?

Thank-you

Not Heart but found this,

Brown, the neighborhood resident said Haleigh’s babysitter, Misty Croslin, “used to live two blocks from here” with her parents.

http://www.cayleedaily.com/2010/04/resident-saw-misty-cummings-carrying-a-trashbag/

OS

It's their lie they can tell it anyway they want.
Who, What, Where, When, How and Why
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1223 on: April 28, 2010, 07:21:06 PM »

d, I know are opinions about Hope's sentence will not be popular, but I couldn't agree with you more. My reasons are this. Apparently drugs have been rampant in all the family's involved for more then one generation, as with alcohol "parents are alcoholic but the children have the hangover." I'm not excusing anyone's behavior, I am saying "you go with what you know." Now will someone tell me where this 18/19 yr. is going to get or earn $250,000 in the next 12 yr.s? As far as I know you cannot benifit from a crime you have commited. She has no chance of having that kind of money. Punishment is indeed necc ::dogwag::essary 5 yr.s, just might do the trick and she could of come out with the desire to make a change. 15 yr.s + doing time for a fine she cannot possibly pay is overkill. She could have fought for herself but she didn't. I am assuming she had a public "pretender"(defender) for an attorney if I am wrong I know my monkey brethren will let me know. . My other reason for disagreeing with this sentence is, if Mom and Dad were upstanding people who could afford a real "liar" I am willing to bet the outcome  would have been very different.  Sure Hope has a lousy attitude and a wise mouth, sounds like a lot of teens to me. And when I think of the rotten s.o.b.s who get away with rape torture and muder and hit the streets again and again it just seems to be excessively harsh for one count. Ron should have been put away a long time ago for his many drug charges, maybe Hope wouldn't be where she is today.
I agree with both of you, I don't see this as a solution, she is going to come out of prison much worse then when she went in, imo. I honestly don't know what the better punishment should be, but certainly should involve some kind of drug treatment. She couldn't have thought that much of herself to begin with, doing drugs and stripping.
d in texas
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1224 on: April 28, 2010, 07:24:05 PM »

Tommy and Misty will probably not be charged with HaLeigh's disappearance/demise but

I have heard Tommy's lawyer say on NG last night that he was not involved (words to that effect) but not that MC was not involoved OMG will have to see if he is on NG tonight that is mind blowing.
If that is true I would think we would go back to RC and his drug deals...?
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1225 on: April 28, 2010, 07:24:45 PM »

The judge had to follow the law. If she hadn't got herself another charge, it might have been different. If she had at least seemed like she wanted to be rehabilitated, it might have been different. Those are serious drugs she was caught selling, she just wasn't in possession. Granted, if she wasn't with the Croslin-Cummings bunch, she might have never been caught.
IF the others plead not guilty and get some charges dropped, there might be grounds for an appeal. I never knew there were such tough drug laws in FL. Heck even the Hells get off or get less time elsewhere.
It's too bad that she became under the influence of Ron. He was the one ( from what I could discern from the videos ) who was getting the drugs.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1226 on: April 28, 2010, 07:30:21 PM »

Has Hope been sent off to State Prison or is she still in the county jail?
I have not seen anything about that, but I would guess they would have.

Last night, she was still listed in Putnam County jail. I was wondering where she will serve her sentence also.

From what I have read, there are several women's facilities in Florida.  Anyone who has more than a year to serve will go into the state system.  There isn't a female facility in the region that serves Putnam County, so I don't know where she will actually be sent to serve her sentence.   More info can be found here:

http://www.dc.state.fl.us/

That's a great link.

I was all over it last night, so much to read there.

I found a prison in the area for women, but did not bookmark it, so I am not sure which one it was. Guess we'll just have to wait and see where she is sent.

And where the others will be sent.

Monkey Devil!

HopeForAll
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1227 on: April 28, 2010, 07:30:24 PM »

Thank you nrcg
Miki Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1228 on: April 28, 2010, 07:41:42 PM »

I agree with both of you, I don't see this as a solution, she is going to come out of prison much worse then when she went in, imo. I honestly don't know what the better punishment should be, but certainly should involve some kind of drug treatment. She couldn't have thought that much of herself to begin with, doing drugs and stripping.

I tend to agree with you, I agree with a stiff penalty but 15 years is a bit of an overkill. When you add a fine of a quarter million then it becomes absurd. Not only will she spend most of that time in prison paying for the crime in time, when she gets out she will be looking forward to having her income subject to whatever lien they want to put on it. It just appears to me she will be paying for the rest of her life, the sentence is much too harsh. JMO

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #1229 on: April 28, 2010, 07:57:21 PM »

The judge had to follow the law. If she hadn't got herself another charge, it might have been different. If she had at least seemed like she wanted to be rehabilitated, it might have been different. Those are serious drugs she was caught selling, she just wasn't in possession. Granted, if she wasn't with the Croslin-Cummings bunch, she might have never been caught.
IF the others plead not guilty and get some charges dropped, there might be grounds for an appeal. I never knew there were such tough drug laws in FL. Heck even the Hells get off or get less time elsewhere.
It's too bad that she became under the influence of Ron. He was the one ( from what I could discern from the videos ) who was getting the drugs.

I have to agree with you. She played the game and got caught - instead of cleaning up her act she went out and played again. Best she is off the streets for a while. There is NA, CA, and AA inside and if she really means what she says then she will avail herself of them. If not, it is her fault and problem.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1230 on: April 28, 2010, 08:02:09 PM »

Hi Monkeys. 

This may not be a popular opinion, but I don't have a problem with Hope's sentence.  It is a sad commentary on your parentage when you learn at age 18 that there really are consequences for your actions.  I don't have a clue what the correct answers may be, but when I look at these people I see multiple generations that have really crappy parents.      I'm sure Hope was just as innocent as HaLeigh at one time.  And just look at her now - a disrespectful, drug selling, stripper.   
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1231 on: April 28, 2010, 08:31:49 PM »

Tommy and Misty will probably not be charged with HaLeigh's disappearance/demise but there were several POI.

Thank-you Heart for the update on Mr.Werter's comment.

Could you kindly tell me (when you have some time), how far was Misty's parents M.H. from Shell dock?  Walking distance?

Thank-you

Not Heart but found this,

Brown, the neighborhood resident said Haleigh’s babysitter, Misty Croslin, “used to live two blocks from here” with her parents.

http://www.cayleedaily.com/2010/04/resident-saw-misty-cummings-carrying-a-trashbag/

OS

According to google maps it is approximately 5 walking miles from 130 Magnolia to 140 Shell Harbour.

Heart
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1232 on: April 28, 2010, 08:32:47 PM »

Hi Monkeys. 

This may not be a popular opinion, but I don't have a problem with Hope's sentence.  It is a sad commentary on your parentage when you learn at age 18 that there really are consequences for your actions.  I don't have a clue what the correct answers may be, but when I look at these people I see multiple generations that have really crappy parents.      I'm sure Hope was just as innocent as HaLeigh at one time.  And just look at her now - a disrespectful, drug selling, stripper.   

Neither do I and ... I hope it is a deterrent to others who are tempted to adopt the lifestyle that embraces aspects of the drug trade.

Obviously ... Hope's release from detention just two weeks ago did not scare her straight.  A long sentence implies that she is facing the established consequences for her actions but ... it is also for the well-being of others who she would be afforded the freedom to influence if she were given the freedom to continue her journey down the path paved with drugs.

I do feel bad when I consider the environment in which Hope was raised but ... when all is said and done she is not a child ... she is nineteen years old.  Hope had a choice ... to do right ... to do wrong.  The consequences under the law for choosing to do wrong were no secret.

Janet

++++++

Haleigh Cummings update: Ronald Cummings cousin sentenced to 15 years on drug charges
April 27, 2010

Though Hope Sykes is 19 years old, she did not qualify for the youth offender’s diversionary program due to this being her second arrest. She had plead no contest to one count of trafficking in narcotics. She was sentenced Tuesday morning before Circuit Judge Terry Larue. Fifteen years was the minimum sentence. The sentence was harsh and her family gasped when the sentence was read.

Hope Sykes had been out of jail less than two weeks before she was arrested in the undercover drug sting. The prior charge however affected her sentence. The prosecutor reportedly played a tape in court where the judge heard Hope Sykes state, “If they think I am bad now, wait until I get out.”

http://primewriter.com/news-1246-headlines/?tag=hope-sykes

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #1233 on: April 28, 2010, 08:53:00 PM »

BREAKING NEWS! BREAKING NEWS! BREAKING NEWS!
John David said: Na-yes

and

Lucy now wears 2  barrettes in the middle of her forehead.

Film at 11!!!

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1234 on: April 28, 2010, 08:55:18 PM »

BREAKING NEWS! BREAKING NEWS! BREAKING NEWS!
John David said: Na-yes

and

Lucy now wears 2  barrettes in the middle of her forehead.

Film at 11!!!
Aren't they just special 
Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1235 on: April 28, 2010, 08:55:48 PM »

I really don't have a problem with the sentence Hope received either.  It probably works out to less than 1 year for every F-bomb she dropped on her mother during one phone call!  Gotta say, if her mother won't teach her right from wrong, the state will.

As for the fine, I don't think the State of Florida actually expects to collect the entire amount, and certainly not while she is incarcerated.  Perhaps if she is compelled to pay $100/month for the rest of her life upon her release, it would serve as a lasting reminder and permanent deterrant to stay away from drugs. 

JMO and only MO.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."  - Galileo
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1236 on: April 28, 2010, 09:02:19 PM »

The judge did not pull the 15 year sentence for Hope Sykes out of thin air.  There was a foundation.

Janet

++++++

Cummings cousin gets 15-year sentence
April 27, 2010

Assistant State Attorney Jacquelyn Roys pointed out that Sykes was arrested Jan. 3 on an unrelated drug possession charge, yet continued to be involved with drug activity after being released on that charge, leading to her second arrest.

Roys also played an audiotape of a phone conversation between Sykes and her mother while Sykes was in jail in which she said that if people think she is trouble now, she will be worse if she went to a rehab program.

"It's the state's position she needs the minimum mandatory," Roys said.

LaRue cited Sykes' violation of the terms of her release for the drug possession charge as a factor in his decision to give her 15 years.

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20100428/ARTICLES/4281005/1002

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Blumonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

Earth hath no sorrow that heaven cannot heal. TM

« Reply #1237 on: April 28, 2010, 09:03:47 PM »

Hi Monkeys. 

I agree with you. Hope showed no remorse for her crime but is sorry she got caught. Maybe if Misty's parents had been held accountable for their drug abuse, they would not have 2 children sitting in jail right now and Haleigh might never have gone missing that Feb. night. I am glad that Hope will not be able to serve a couple of years and return to a life of drugs and stripping with the potential of bringing another generation into the world to repeat her mistakes. Maybe she will have incentive to better herself. And as for a 12 step program, it is voluntary and the person must want to change. I am not getting that vibe from Hope or the other characters in this sad case.

I thank God for what I have and trust God for what I need.
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1238 on: April 28, 2010, 09:05:15 PM »

From what I have read, there are several women's facilities in Florida.  Anyone who has more than a year to serve will go into the state system.  There isn't a female facility in the region that serves Putnam County, so I don't know where she will actually be sent to serve her sentence.   More info can be found here:

clicking on each facility, gives details, history of, ect.
Population Gender  Female 

Gadsden Correctional Facility....Adult 
http://www.dc.state.fl.us/facilities/region1/111.html

none in
http://www.dc.state.fl.us/facilities/region2/213.html

Hernando Correctional Institution....Adult, Youthful (19-24)
Hillsborough Correctional Institution....Adult 
Lowell Correctional Institution.....Adult, Youthful (14-18, 19-24)
Lowell Annex....Adult
http://www.dc.state.fl.us/facilities/region3/index.html

Broward Correctional Institution....Adult, Youthful (14-18, 19-24
Homestead Correctional Institution....Adult
http://www.dc.state.fl.us/facilities/region4/403.html

WORK CAMPS, FORESTRY CAMPS AND ROAD PRISONS
Region III
Levy Forestry Camp (Female
Lowell CI Boot Camp (Female Youth
http://www.dc.state.fl.us/orginfo/facilitydir.html#5

http://www.dc.state.fl.us/facilities/index.html
http://www.dc.state.fl.us/InmateInfo/InmateInfoMenu.asp

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #1239 on: April 28, 2010, 09:08:19 PM »

They were all given second chances, some even more.

Instead, they laughed about it.

The judge could have given her more... but he didn`t.

Misty will be a grandma before she gets out... or she may never get out.

Just on the drugs ALONE.

Something to ponder!

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.