April 27, 2024, 11:34:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #35 4/22/10 - 5/04/10  (Read 348922 times)
Miki Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1360 on: April 29, 2010, 04:18:52 PM »

Hi Monkeys. 

This may not be a popular opinion, but I don't have a problem with Hope's sentence.  It is a sad commentary on your parentage when you learn at age 18 that there really are consequences for your actions.  I don't have a clue what the correct answers may be, but when I look at these people I see multiple generations that have really crappy parents.      I'm sure Hope was just as innocent as HaLeigh at one time.  And just look at her now - a disrespectful, drug selling, stripper.   

I agree with you. Hope showed no remorse for her crime but is sorry she got caught. Maybe if Misty's parents had been held accountable for their drug abuse, they would not have 2 children sitting in jail right now and Haleigh might never have gone missing that Feb. night. I am glad that Hope will not be able to serve a couple of years and return to a life of drugs and stripping with the potential of bringing another generation into the world to repeat her mistakes. Maybe she will have incentive to better herself. And as for a 12 step program, it is voluntary and the person must want to change. I am not getting that vibe from Hope or the other characters in this sad case.

With respect  an angelic monkey

Disrespect, stripping and general lifestyle are not a reason to consider a harsher sentence, nor is considering what she MIGHT do in the future. The fact she showed no remorse showed she had no Idea there would ever be any real consequences for what she did. I agree with a stiff sentence but that's too stiff and a rehabilitation program, otherwise we are going to put a prison hardened, potential repeat offender back on the streets.

Our prisons are full with people such as Hope, overflowing in fact, while we repeatedly set free rapists, pedophiles, murderers and baby killers, this is where we should be applying harsh sentences. JMHO

Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1361 on: April 29, 2010, 04:20:06 PM »

DONALD   SAPP
SATSUMA,  FL
Booking Date & Time: 8/11/2009 1:02:40 AM  - Booking#: 09-03289
Release Date & Time: 4/29/2010 4:00:35 PM
DOB: 10/21/1970 -  RACE: W  -  SEX: M
Charges       Misd/Felony   Degree   Bond   Bond Posted
794.011-2a   SEX ASSLT BY 18 YOA OLDER SEX BATTERY VICT UNDER 12 YOA   F   C    $0.00    4/29/2010 2:28:09 PM
                $0.00    

http://public.pcso.us/jail/bookingDetails.aspx?SYSID=755778&IMG=55520

Heart
NO1ZMONKEY
Monkey Junky Jr.

caylee marie is my hero

« Reply #1362 on: April 29, 2010, 04:24:23 PM »

I can remember in my younger days finding pot plants in the woods along the river often, and they have an odor, I can only imagine that in a trailer a 100 plants would reek.  And if the plants are moved, the pollen is thrown into the air and intensifies the smell, if they moved them that night, the officers would have had to have smelled it.  Even if they had covered it with fabreze, if at all possible, wouldn't they find it odd to smell that at 3 in the morning?

I will be surprised to find that the pot plants belong to the pill-billies, from my experiences with family members living in that world, once you graduate to harder stuff, pot is out of it.  Its not as profitable as other drugs, and much easier to detect.

a mobile home with 100 pots plants would reek to high heavens. You could probably smell that down the street.

And it would be almost impossible to remove every leave from the trailer and the van. Something would be left behind.

Pot is still a huge source of income, but a briefcase of cocaine will always be easier to move than a tractor trailer load of pot.

100 plants of high grade pot could be worth over 25,000 dollars. Easily.

As much as I want to believe that they did remove plants (so there would be evidence of a cover up) I highly doubt it. Although it would explain why Ron would have guns in the home, but I never once have heard reference to them smoke pot excessively. Most people who go to the great lengths to grow pot more than likely have a habit to feed as well. Anyone remember the kid that accused Ron of running him down because he owed him money...i believe it was a youtube link. JMO.  BTW-- I haven't been able to get that dumpster out of my head. If there was a huge cover up involved I wonder if HaLeigh was temporarily placed in the dumpster....?

"u are my sunshine, my only sunshine,  u make me happy when skies are gray,  u do not know dear how much i love  u, so please dont take Nans sunshine away." R.I.P Caylee. rot in jail KC
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1363 on: April 29, 2010, 04:25:12 PM »

Ok I found articles stating about 100 pot plants no reference to the size of the containers. 

Yeah, I can't find any re the size of the containers either. 

Earlier reports on that pot next to the mondex was described as 'a field of pot, uprooted'... as in actually growing there.  But later on that changed to actually being 100 pot plants in containers.   

pot is like cigarettes, will leave an odor in your home, in the rugs,drapes ect
even when the pot is not smoked, the plants give off an odor, would be hard
to get the home clean an odor free, in just a few hrs
a couple of info links
http://www.themarijuanaforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55063
http://www.greenmanspage.com/guides/growingoutdoors.html

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1364 on: April 29, 2010, 04:31:21 PM »

growing pot, just seems like to much work, for the cummings crew
and with DHS around,it wouldnt be in the house

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1365 on: April 29, 2010, 04:31:46 PM »

DONALD   SAPP
SATSUMA,  FL
794.011-2a   SEX ASSLT BY 18 YOA OLDER SEX BATTERY VICT UNDER 12 YOA   F   C    $0.00    4/29/2010 2:28:09 PM
                $0.00    

How does he get released when there is $0.00 BOND?

I also looked at his criminal docket ... saw this:
2009-10-20   8   APPLICATION FOR BOND

But nothing further about bond.

Colour me confused.

Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1366 on: April 29, 2010, 04:34:17 PM »

UCN: 542007CF002375XXAXMX
File Date: 2007-12-19   Judge: EDWARD E HEDSTROM    
Defense Atty: QUARLES, J PEYTON

Defendant
SNODGRASS, DANIEL E
Alias
SANGRASS, DANIEL E

(snippet)

2010-04-13   194   CONTINUED TO 04/29/2010
2010-04-14   195   NOTICE TO ATTORNEY (04/29/2010)
2010-04-14   196   NOTICE TO BONDSMAN (04/29/2010)

2010-04-19   197   MOTION FOR STATEMENT OF PARTICULARS
2010-04-19   198   NOTICE OF DISCOVERY
2010-04-19   199   NOTICE OF APPEARANCE OF COUNSEL REQUEST FOR A COPY
2010-04-19   199   OF CHARGE WAIVER OF PERSONAL APPEARANCE AT ARRAIGNMENT
2010-04-19   199   WRITTEN PLEA OF NOT GUILTY

http://www.putnam-fl.com/clk_apps/crim_dkts/frame.php

Heart
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1367 on: April 29, 2010, 04:36:39 PM »

Question???  Did we ever see an actual picture of Junior's bedroom in the home? 

Yep, there was one with Ron standing outside the door, leaning against the wall or some such.  Could make out that the room behind him was Junior's, but IIRC there was only a bed in there on the floor.  Can't remember much else.  It wasn't a full picture of the room if I remember right. 

My guess is that since the kids were sleeping in Ron/Misty's room, Jr in bed with them, their rooms had been full of those pot plants that were found near the Mondex pond.  Am thinking that part of the cover-up that night included a lot of back n forth with the van, getting those plants out of there.  Could be another reason for the bricked open side door, needed all hands on deck carrying plants etc, outta the MH.  IMO. 

You know why I am asking than....lol.  I remember the pic's of Haleigh's room and on a video.  Her room looked real and used.  Even had a nice size closet in it with clothes hung up including clothes w/tags still on them but I don't recall ever seeing Junior's room. 

Now wasn't it like 100+ pot plants found at the Mondex and in like gallon size containers? 

So, February ...  would that maybe a reason as to why the A/C guy was there ... something to do with the growing of these plants and electricity and humidity, etc....

While there can be a pretty significant odor to a growing operation, which intensifies if you move plants around, you can get some pretty advanced filtering systems, which could probably be serviced if necessary by someone who also worked in heating and cooling.  You also pretty much cover everything in plastic and that could be dis-assembled pretty quickly......

Disclaimer...I have a relative that grows LEGALLY, that is how I know this stuff...

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1368 on: April 29, 2010, 04:41:33 PM »

The judge had a solid foundation when he sentenced Hope Sykes to 15 years.  Somehow ... I believe the actual time served will be much less.

Nevertheless ... It is my prayer that Hope will take advantage of the therapy and educational opportunities that are afforded her while detained and ... she will emerge a committed woman who is no longer on the path of self-destruction but ... one who has acquired to strategies to contribute to her well-being and the well-being of others.  In other words ... the cycle of drug abuse will have been broken.

However ... when all is said and done it is Hope's choice to make.

Janet

+++++++

Cousin of Haleigh Cummings' father sentenced to 15 years on drug-trafficking charge
Posted: April 27, 2010 - 11:06am

Circuit Judge Terry LaRue said he ordered the minimum mandatory sentence because Sykes sold drugs within weeks of being released from jail on an earlier drug charge.

Sykes had been out of jail less than two weeks on a possession charge when she was arrested in the trafficking case, which LaRue said disqualified her for youthful offender consideration that would have meant a much shorter sentence.

“I don’t want to live this life no more,” Sykes said before LaRue imposed the sentence. She admitted making light of the first arrest after she was let out of jail on her own recognizance.

“I thought, ‘OK, the drugs are still out there,’ ” she said.

LaRue said the youthful offender statute is for young people who are pressured or led astray by peers.

“That’s not the case here,” he said. The later charge was more serious than a second possession arrest.

“What she did was engage in trafficking,” he said.

He imposed the sentence and fined Sykes $250,000 after an hour of testimony by her family and others.

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2010-04-27/story/cousin-haleigh-cummings-father-sentenced-15-years-drug-trafficking

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1369 on: April 29, 2010, 04:41:37 PM »

DONALD   SAPP
SATSUMA,  FL
                $0.00    

How does he get released when there is $0.00 BOND?

I also looked at his criminal docket ... saw this:
2009-10-20   8   APPLICATION FOR BOND

But nothing further about bond.

Colour me confused.

MadisonSky40

@Badme102 Yep, that is what I said earlier. He posted bond. But has court 05/17/2010 23 minutes ago via web in reply to Badme102

http://twitter.com/MadisonSky40

Heart
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1370 on: April 29, 2010, 04:43:54 PM »

Bring back the chain gang, make them work hard for eight hours a day breaking rocks 

your wish is their command

WORK CAMPS, FORESTRY CAMPS AND ROAD PRISONS
Region III
Levy Forestry Camp (Female
Lowell CI Boot Camp (Female Youth
http://www.dc.state.fl.us/orginfo/facilitydir.html#5

http://www.dc.state.fl.us/facilities/index.html
http://www.dc.state.fl.us/InmateInfo/InmateInfoMenu.asp

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=7616.msg1123283#msg1123283

Thanks, I see nothing wrong with prisoners breaking a sweat working hard.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1371 on: April 29, 2010, 04:45:07 PM »

Hi Monkeys. 

This may not be a popular opinion, but I don't have a problem with Hope's sentence.  It is a sad commentary on your parentage when you learn at age 18 that there really are consequences for your actions.  I don't have a clue what the correct answers may be, but when I look at these people I see multiple generations that have really crappy parents.      I'm sure Hope was just as innocent as HaLeigh at one time.  And just look at her now - a disrespectful, drug selling, stripper.   

I agree with you. Hope showed no remorse for her crime but is sorry she got caught. Maybe if Misty's parents had been held accountable for their drug abuse, they would not have 2 children sitting in jail right now and Haleigh might never have gone missing that Feb. night. I am glad that Hope will not be able to serve a couple of years and return to a life of drugs and stripping with the potential of bringing another generation into the world to repeat her mistakes. Maybe she will have incentive to better herself. And as for a 12 step program, it is voluntary and the person must want to change. I am not getting that vibe from Hope or the other characters in this sad case.

Disrespect, stripping and general lifestyle are not a reason to consider a harsher sentence, nor is considering what she MIGHT do in the future. The fact she showed no remorse showed she had no Idea there would ever be any real consequences for what she did. I agree with a stiff sentence but that's too stiff and a rehabilitation program, otherwise we are going to put a prison hardened, potential repeat offender back on the streets.

Our prisons are full with people such as Hope, overflowing in fact, while we repeatedly set free rapists, pedophiles, murderers and baby killers, this is where we should be applying harsh sentences. JMHO
I so agree with you, where harsh sentences should be given they are not.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1372 on: April 29, 2010, 04:47:06 PM »

Great now Donald Sapp is running around 
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1373 on: April 29, 2010, 04:47:12 PM »

Question???  Did we ever see an actual picture of Junior's bedroom in the home? 

Yep, there was one with Ron standing outside the door, leaning against the wall or some such.  Could make out that the room behind him was Junior's, but IIRC there was only a bed in there on the floor.  Can't remember much else.  It wasn't a full picture of the room if I remember right. 

My guess is that since the kids were sleeping in Ron/Misty's room, Jr in bed with them, their rooms had been full of those pot plants that were found near the Mondex pond.  Am thinking that part of the cover-up that night included a lot of back n forth with the van, getting those plants out of there.  Could be another reason for the bricked open side door, needed all hands on deck carrying plants etc, outta the MH.  IMO. 

You know why I am asking than....lol.  I remember the pic's of Haleigh's room and on a video.  Her room looked real and used.  Even had a nice size closet in it with clothes hung up including clothes w/tags still on them but I don't recall ever seeing Junior's room. 

Now wasn't it like 100+ pot plants found at the Mondex and in like gallon size containers? 

So, February ...  would that maybe a reason as to why the A/C guy was there ... something to do with the growing of these plants and electricity and humidity, etc....

While there can be a pretty significant odor to a growing operation, which intensifies if you move plants around, you can get some pretty advanced filtering systems, which could probably be serviced if necessary by someone who also worked in heating and cooling.  You also pretty much cover everything in plastic and that could be dis-assembled pretty quickly......

Disclaimer...I have a relative that grows LEGALLY, that is how I know this stuff...

One other thought.....it really does not matter in the long run if the mobile smelled like pot when LE got there or not.  They were supposed to be focusing on Haleigh, so technically they would not do anything about the odor anyway.  It sounds perfectly possible that the Satsuma pillbillies  had just begun a growing op in the home very recently and that the stuff was dumped during the cover up.

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1374 on: April 29, 2010, 04:49:15 PM »

The judge/s who afforded freedom to Ronald Cummings time and time again in the past  following criminal/drug charges did this guy no favors.  Ron never learned that there are consequences for wrongdoing and his wrongdoing only esculated.

Food for Thought.  Maybe if Ron had been held accountable for past offences ... the Haleigh Cummings case would be a non-isse.  Monkeys on this forum would be dialoging another case.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1375 on: April 29, 2010, 04:51:25 PM »

The judge/s who afforded freedom to Ronald Cummings time and time again in the past  following criminal/drug charges did this guy no favors.  Ron never learned that there are consequences for wrongdoing and his wrongdoing only esculated.

Food for Thought.  Maybe if Ron had been held accountable for past offences ... the Haleigh Cummings case would be a non-isse.  Monkeys on this forum would be dialoging another case.

Janet

That is true and I will never understand how he got away with what he got away with 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1376 on: April 29, 2010, 04:56:15 PM »

Hi Monkeys. 

If the "Hopes" of this world are not dealt with accordingly ... are not held accountable ... the wrongdoing will esculate and ... more "Haleighs" will become victims.

It is not an either/or situation.  The justice system cannot wait another innocent has been deprived of life until meaningful consequences are applied.

IMO

Janet

_____

Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1377 on: April 29, 2010, 04:57:07 PM »

I can remember in my younger days finding pot plants in the woods along the river often, and they have an odor, I can only imagine that in a trailer a 100 plants would reek.  And if the plants are moved, the pollen is thrown into the air and intensifies the smell, if they moved them that night, the officers would have had to have smelled it.  Even if they had covered it with fabreze, if at all possible, wouldn't they find it odd to smell that at 3 in the morning?

I will be surprised to find that the pot plants belong to the pill-billies, from my experiences with family members living in that world, once you graduate to harder stuff, pot is out of it.  Its not as profitable as other drugs, and much easier to detect.
Hello monkey! You are absolutely correct. Most grow homes reek from the inside out, and a couple hours would be no amount of time to ventilate. Unless they were growing outdoors which is very possible. But i'm sure if they had been growing one or two neighbors would have had a complaint of the strong odor.

I wonder if their were any pot plants in the shed.. The door that was open when police came that evening when they were  checking the grounds by the mobile home
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1378 on: April 29, 2010, 05:03:21 PM »

Janet

That is true and I will never understand how he got away with what he got away with 

Well RC will not be a stranger to Judge TERRY J LARUE

542002CF002133XXAXMX File Date: 2002-12-12   Judge: TERRY J LARUE

UCN: 542009CF001105XXAXMX File Date: 2009-06-22   Judge: TERRY J LARUE

UCN: 542009CF001430XXAXMX File Date: 2009-08-06   Judge: TERRY J LARUE

UCN: 542010CF000144XXAXMX File Date: 2010-01-21   Judge: TERRY J LARU           

Heart
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1379 on: April 29, 2010, 05:07:43 PM »

Hello monkey! You are absolutely correct. Most grow homes reek from the inside out, and a couple hours would be no amount of time to ventilate. Unless they were growing outdoors which is very possible. But i'm sure if they had been growing one or two neighbors would have had a complaint of the strong odor.

I wonder if their were any pot plants in the shed.. The door that was open when police came that evening when they were  checking the grounds by the mobile home

Would Ron Cummings and Misty Croslin not have been immediately apprehended if illegal drugs had been anywhere inside or outside that trailer?  Would there not have been a police report.  It makes sense that the home and property were searched thoroughly.  A little girl was reported missing.

It is my believe that anything incriminating related to drugs or Haleigh would have been cleared out prior to the 911 call ... prior to the staging.

IMO

Janet

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.