April 28, 2024, 10:43:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #35 4/22/10 - 5/04/10  (Read 348966 times)
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #1500 on: April 30, 2010, 01:08:55 AM »

More on the 911 SA -

http://www.seamusoriley.blogspot.com/

My original analysis was only of the first part of the call. I have added the information past Misty's initial 3 statements to complete the call. If anyone can send me a link the transcript of Misty's initial television interview, I would appreciate it as I would like to get the analysis up before the weekend.

Statement Analysis: Misty 911 Call
911 transcript for missing Haleigh Cummings .

911: “911, what’s your emergency”

Misty Croslin: “Hi…umm…I just woke up…and our backdoor was wide open and I think…and I can’t find our daughter”

Note the order in which she speaks. Order is important to note. Whether it is the chronological order in which you name your children, your siblings, or even the names of friends, order has reason. In an "excited utterance", order speaks directly of the importance.

Here, Misty tells the 911 operator 3 things:

1. That she was asleep. This is THE single most important element for the caller: that the police know she was asleep and has now just woke up.

2. That "our backdoor was wide open".

Notice that the 2nd most important thing for the police to know is about the backdoor being wide open. Misty says "our" backdoor; not "the" backdoor. Pronoun gives us ownership. "the backdoor" would be a common phrase used by any caller since the caller is from the residence. For Misty, the most important fact for the police to know is that she was sleeping; secondly, that the backdoor was open; not just the backdoor, but "our" backdoor, plural.

3. Thirdly, and lastly, she reports a missing child.

It is commonsense to suppose that if your child was missing, it would be the very first thing out of your mouth. It is a reflex by not only a parent, but a step parent, a relative, a caretaker, a babysitter. In Misty Croslin's mind, it is low on the list of priority.

We deem this 911 call to be deceptive; even from the onset.

Why did Misty say "our daughter"?

When a parent says "our" daughter, or "our" son, this is an indicator that a step parent, (or step caretaker, etc) is likely involved. When biological parents speak, it is not the norm for them to say "our daughter" as they, even when speaking together, still use the natural, "my" daughter.

The exception may be when parents have already discussed divorce and will lead, eventually, to step parenting because one of the parents may have been involved with another love interest.

President Clinton, after the Monica Lewinsky scandal, said he need to repair things with his mother, his wife, and "our daughter"; a strong indication that he and Hillary had discussed divorce. (Another strong indication at that time was the black eye that President Clinton sported after he told the country that his definition of sexual relations was not the same as most others; Hillary included).

Why did Misty rely upon the plural in both "our back door" and "our daughter"?

Had Misty already considered herself a step parent, it makes sense. She said, "them kids loved me like they was my own..." (past tense language noted).

But why "our" door? The norm would not have been "my back door" unless the person lived alone. Even then, the common: "the door".

Note: When someone says I must make the bed, they are likely married. When someone says they must make "my bed" they are likely single. When a married person says, "I must make my bed" they are likely headed for divorce and are already taking ownership. For married couples, "the" is the norm. "The" dog is a family dog, but "my" dog is taken care of by one person more than the others.

Since Misty is in her residence, it is a red flag that she does not use the norm.

This leads to the question: why?

could it be that Misty has been coached? This would explain the plural use here and with "our" daughter.

Misty also began a sentence with "I think..." but did not complete it. Fragmented sentences show stress as they are fragmented thoughts. What did she think? Was an explanation of what she thinks happened about to follow?

911: “you can’t find what?”

Misty Croslin:”our daughter”

Misty revisits the plural language of step parenting, or a prepared or coached call.

911:” OK, what’s your address?

Misty Croslin: “(inaudible)”

911: “OK, what’s the numerical?”

Misty Croslin: “The numerical…what’s that?”

911: “the number…green lane?”

Misty Croslin: “Yes”

911: “OK when did you last see her?”

Misty Croslin: “Um, we like just, you know…it was about 10 o’clock- she was sleeping- I was cleaning…
Here is another indicator of deception. The 911 operator asked about the last time Misty saw Haleigh. This is a sensitive question. Misty was asked when was the last time "you" saw her. Misty is unable to take ownership and begins with "um" stalling to think (a parent on high alert has adrenaline pumping overtime and has VIVID recall) and then weakens her statement with "we like just", "you know" ("you know" is often a phrase, but it is also employed to convince rather than report. This is supposed to be an informative call; not an editorialized story nor a building of an alibi. Misty began the call building her alibi; not reporting)

Misty said she was sleeping, but did not answer the question precisely, but immediatley changed the subject back away from the missing child to herself:

"I was cleaning"

NOTE: cleaning, laundry, bathing, showering, washing of hands: when enter into a statement further exploration for sexual abuse must begin, as these phrases are commonly used in cases where sexual abuse has taken place. In a child's language (or an adult recalling childhood abuse) we often have the mentioning of blankets, coverings, opening of doors, and closing of doors

What would Misty's cleaning have to do with Haleigh's disappearance. This is building of an alibi for Misty, even if it does not appear sensible. Look at the number of sentences that Misty spoke reporting a missing child.

How many sentences were about the missing child?
How many sentences were about Misty?

911: “OK- how old is your daughter?”

Misty Croslin: “She’s five”

911: “Ok…what was she last seen wearing? Maam…”

Misty Croslin: “She was in her pajamas- she was sleeping…”
Misty mentions now, for the 2nd time, that Haleigh was sleeping. The question was answered, but additional information is given. When information appears unimportant, in Statement Analysis, we consider it doubly important. It is vital that the 911 operator understand, from Misty's viewpoint, that Haleigh was sleeping.

I believe from Misty's emphasis that Haleigh was, at this time, not sleeping. For Misty, Haleigh being asleep is too important. I do not believe that Haleigh died in her sleep.

more... http://www.seamusoriley.blogspot.com/

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
Mudder
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1501 on: April 30, 2010, 01:10:34 AM »

Thanks everyone for all the loving thoughts.
Its hard, shes my little girl, but easier too.  I know where she is at
and that she isn't going to die tonite.  Actually it brings a great deal of peace.

As far as the generations of addiction, years ago, during my first marriage, I would attend Al-Anon groups, because of hubby and brother.  They said in these groups that addiction is hereditary, and not just environmentally, that chemical imbalance can happen to anyone, but some have a chemical imbalance in the brain that makes the addiction worse and harder to break.  It certainly was true with my daughter, she wasn't raised by her dad, and rarely seen my brother, and I don't even drink, so it wasn't in her environment. 
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1502 on: April 30, 2010, 01:21:43 AM »

Carpe ~ that's an interesting read!  kind of scary that someone can figure all that out, lol.  But it sure does make a lot of sense. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1503 on: April 30, 2010, 01:24:40 AM »

and that she isn't going to die tonite.  Actually it brings a great deal of peace.

As far as the generations of addiction, years ago, during my first marriage, I would attend Al-Anon groups, because of hubby and brother.  They said in these groups that addiction is hereditary, and not just environmentally, that chemical imbalance can happen to anyone, but some have a chemical imbalance in the brain that makes the addiction worse and harder to break.  It certainly was true with my daughter, she wasn't raised by her dad, and rarely seen my brother, and I don't even drink, so it wasn't in her environment. 

The world needs more with your backbone, Mudder. You did what you were FORCED to do,
and it was right. Sometimes that hurts! I pray she turns around and that your story has a
happy ending.

------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1504 on: April 30, 2010, 01:30:06 AM »

Yep, that's so true!  And the weird thing about addiction being hereditary and environmental, is that one can be addicted to anything.  Not just alcohol.  Gambling, sex, shopping, smoking cigs, the internet, anything they do long enough and often enough that they cannot seem to break away from it easily.  I could have sworn I had no addictions, until I had to admit I'm addicted to the internet.  My sons show the same addiction to the internet in playing those games Everquest and WOW.  Even the darn dog    (a husky) is showing an addiction to placing his big jaws around the cats neck, lightly to be sure, when he wants to play.  Cat doesn't like it so much tho.  A person can fight one type of addiction only to replace it with another, often without even realizing it. 

carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1505 on: April 30, 2010, 01:37:47 AM »

Carpe ~ that's an interesting read!  kind of scary that someone can figure all that out, lol.  But it sure does make a lot of sense. 

It is scary... it's got me monitoring every word out of my mouth now... wondering how
much information I leak out, without even knowing it! lol

It definitely makes sense. That's why FBI agents take courses in it.

I've been reading up as much as I can on it, it's fascinating.

...but I feel like Dilbert studying Statement Analysis For Dummies 101 with it.

I know so very little about it. ...but I will keep whacking away at it.

This may seem weird to you, but I actually find it FUN. 

I need to get out more!

------------------
Mudder
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1506 on: April 30, 2010, 01:38:59 AM »

Yep, that's so true!  And the weird thing about addiction being hereditary and environmental, is that one can be addicted to anything.  Not just alcohol.  Gambling, sex, shopping, smoking cigs, the internet, anything they do long enough and often enough that they cannot seem to break away from it easily.  I could have sworn I had no addictions, until I had to admit I'm addicted to the internet.  My sons show the same addiction to the internet in playing those games Everquest and WOW.  Even the darn dog    (a husky) is showing an addiction to placing his big jaws around the cats neck, lightly to be sure, when he wants to play.  Cat doesn't like it so much tho.  A person can fight one type of addiction only to replace it with another, often without even realizing it. 

So true, I bounce from addiction to addiction, at the moment its home improvements, and HC.  Once upon a time it was the internet, didn't do anything, no gardening, nothing.  Hubby brought it to my attention that I was on it 24/7, had to get rid of it.  Got another a few years later, and now, I have a new home, and have new children to raise, so net not a problem.

Shame the pill-billies couldn't have had as innocent of addictions.  I think this is why HC is so close to my heart, by the grace of God, thats not one of my grandbabies.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1507 on: April 30, 2010, 01:43:23 AM »

It is scary... it's got me monitoring every word out of my mouth now... wondering how

I need to get out more!

Well it is fascinating, that's for sure.  And I hear ya on the need to get out more.  lol me too!

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1508 on: April 30, 2010, 01:45:12 AM »

This is the wrong floor plan for the mobile home. The bath was off from the bedroom. There is no bath next to the kitchen. You go across the living room into a hall with 2 more bedrooms and a bath.

Everyone, keep up the good work

Love,

IBE

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
Mudder
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1509 on: April 30, 2010, 01:50:28 AM »

I need to get out more!

Well it is fascinating, that's for sure.  And I hear ya on the need to get out more.  lol me too!

Outs overrated LOL

I find this and also the body language interesting.  It has come in handy with my little munchkins LOL

I found the 'our' and 'my' statements interesting.  I never noticed but the two youngsters we have taken in, we do refer to them as "our" and my kids and grandbabies as 'my'. However, my hubby does not follow the rule.  He is a step and we have been married 25 yrs.  He does refer to my daughter as 'our', can't think if he always has, but he does now.  However, he refers to my son, as 'my' when he is talking about them.  The two are extremely close and this could be the reason for the oddity, my son was 4 when we married.  And he refers to the granddaughters as 'my'
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1510 on: April 30, 2010, 01:55:02 AM »

So true, I bounce from addiction to addiction, at the moment its home improvements, and HC.  Once upon a time it was the internet, didn't do anything, no gardening, nothing.  Hubby brought it to my attention that I was on it 24/7, had to get rid of it.  Got another a few years later, and now, I have a new home, and have new children to raise, so net not a problem.

Shame the pill-billies couldn't have had as innocent of addictions.  I think this is why HC is so close to my heart, by the grace of God, thats not one of my grandbabies.

Sounds like you filled your life in positive directions, and that's a good thing!  I wish for the folks in this case to be able to get an education, get away from the druggies in their lives, find a new start, etc.  May be hard for many of them to do since it seems to be a family thing for most, and likely all they've ever known their whole lives.  I try and think of what life would have been like for Haleigh had this never happened.  And very likely she would have gone down the same road as many before her. 

Well.. my second-shifter sons and soon-to-be-DIL have all made it home from work, thru the storm safe n sound, so I'ma going to hit the hay.  See ya's all tomorrow!  Errrmmm later today.  LOL

Mudder
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1511 on: April 30, 2010, 02:00:27 AM »

LOL, glad all are home safe, I've got the storms coming in tomorrow nite.

I thing the only way this family can clean up is from the top down.
It has to start with Hank Sr.  Sometimes in the tapes, I get the impression he's thinking about getting a backbone, I think guilt stops him.  He feels guilty for the mess his life is in and therefore the mess his kids are in.  He has to step up and be an example, quit parenting by guilt and that goes for TN too, clean his act up, and demand the same from his family, or at least what is left of it when this all washes out.

Mudder
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1512 on: April 30, 2010, 02:02:44 AM »

Exclusive: “Tommy Showed Me Where They Dumped Haleigh!” —Misty Croslin
http://www.artharris.com/
Mudder
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1513 on: April 30, 2010, 02:05:49 AM »

http://www.artharris.com/

And the lies continue, he said, she said.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1514 on: April 30, 2010, 02:10:37 AM »

Had to log back in and post this:

Art Harris...............

The Bald Truth has learned exclusively why detectives took Misty out to the dock on the St. John’s River in mid-April—to see if she could identify it as the same dock she claimed her brother, Tommy, showed her in December as the spot he’d allegedly used to help a Tennessee cousin dump five year old Haleigh Cummings in the cold, murky water.

“A month before she was arrested for drug trafficking, Tommy walked her to a boat ramp and said, ‘This is where we got rid of the body,’’ a source familiar with her disclosure to police tells me in an exclusive interview. “They wanted to see if she could give them any details that might back up her dock story.”

It’s unclear if she made a positive ID of the dock, or one that would stand up in court after so many lies. Her brother, Tommy, denies it ever happened.

<snipped so Art won't cry wahhhh wahhhhh... more at link>

This entry was posted on Friday, April 30th, 2010 at 1:24 am

http://www.artharris.com/2010/04/30/exclusive-tommy-showed-me-where-they-dumped-haleigh-misty-croslin/#more-4262

GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1515 on: April 30, 2010, 08:28:45 AM »

Had to log back in and post this:

Art Harris...............

The Bald Truth has learned exclusively why detectives took Misty out to the dock on the St. John’s River in mid-April—to see if she could identify it as the same dock she claimed her brother, Tommy, showed her in December as the spot he’d allegedly used to help a Tennessee cousin dump five year old Haleigh Cummings in the cold, murky water.

“A month before she was arrested for drug trafficking, Tommy walked her to a boat ramp and said, ‘This is where we got rid of the body,’’ a source familiar with her disclosure to police tells me in an exclusive interview. “They wanted to see if she could give them any details that might back up her dock story.”
It’s unclear if she made a positive ID of the dock, or one that would stand up in court after so many lies. Her brother, Tommy, denies it ever happened.

<snipped so Art won't cry wahhhh wahhhhh... more at link>

This entry was posted on Friday, April 30th, 2010 at 1:24 am

http://www.artharris.com/2010/04/30/exclusive-tommy-showed-me-where-they-dumped-haleigh-misty-croslin/#more-4262

They wanted to see if she could give them any details that might back up her dock story.”[/color][/b]

So this supposedly took place in Dec???  Just what dock story did Misty tell??   We never heard any stories about Tommy telling where supposedly the body was dumped, or anything from Misty either. 

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1516 on: April 30, 2010, 10:06:19 AM »

Mornin' all!

I say Tommy did pass a portion or all of his last polygraph. Tommy could have lied during the polygraph, but did answer a few important portions correctly and it launched the last search. It makes sense and as I said previously - the police are not going to go to that expense and use of manpower based on the words of known liars. So, a dock was used. But which dock? According to Art Harris it seems the police may not have even been sure and brought Misty out of her cozy confines.

To be safe - why not check every dock up and down the St. John. Say with in five miles. I know that's a lot of docks, but it's the prudent thing to do if the police are telling the truth and no remains of Haleigh were found. (I still think the truth has not yet revealed, but that's just my opinion).

It's always possible that there is no body and we all know why, no use bringing that back up again, but why not just check and be sure. After-all, the police must believe that Tommy must have told the truth or a portion of it.

This case didn't go from missing / abducted to homicide based on the words of liars. That can't happen and there needs to be proof and / or evidence.

Bodies are often dumped in a hurry and where the perps are familiar.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1517 on: April 30, 2010, 10:27:25 AM »

This is the wrong floor plan for the mobile home. The bath was off from the bedroom. There is no bath next to the kitchen. You go across the living room into a hall with 2 more bedrooms and a bath.

Everyone, keep up the good work

Love,

IBE

I thought that as well.  I think it was posted as the property at 202 Green Lane was listed as 'For Rent' and there was a floorplan attached.  I believe either Jersey or penny posted this info.

Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1518 on: April 30, 2010, 10:54:07 AM »

Mornin' all!

I say Tommy did pass a portion or all of his last polygraph. Tommy could have lied during the polygraph, but did answer a few important portions correctly and it launched the last search. It makes sense and as I said previously - the police are not going to go to that expense and use of manpower based on the words of known liars. So, a dock was used. But which dock? According to Art Harris it seems the police may not have even been sure and brought Misty out of her cozy confines.

To be safe - why not check every dock up and down the St. John. Say with in five miles. I know that's a lot of docks, but it's the prudent thing to do if the police are telling the truth and no remains of Haleigh were found. (I still think the truth has not yet revealed, but that's just my opinion).

It's always possible that there is no body and we all know why, no use bringing that back up again, but why not just check and be sure. After-all, the police must believe that Tommy must have told the truth or a portion of it.

This case didn't go from missing / abducted to homicide based on the words of liars. That can't happen and there needs to be proof and / or evidence.

Bodies are often dumped in a hurry and where the perps are familiar.

Rob - I completely agree that Tommy had to have passed all or part of his latest polygraph.  IMO, his lawyer would not be out in public talking like he has been if Tommy had failed again. 

I notice that Misty's lawyer isn't out trying to improve her reputation to a potential jury pool.  She is still lying which ought to make for some fascinating jailhouse visits and/or phone calls with her dad.  Hank Sr. seems to be a straight talker with her for the most part and it will be interesting to see how he handles this pitting of his children against each other.  If Tommy's told the truth to LE, then its probable that he's also told the truth to Hank Sr.  I don't think Sr will repeat it on a recording, but I can see him calling Misty out on it with vague references. 

As a parent, even a failed parent as Hank Sr. is in my opinion, how do you deal with this?  Perhaps the only way is to get to the truth and then learn to live with it.  IMO, Hank Sr. does try to avoid being a hypocrit to his children and is well aware that he's not set an example they can follow.  He seems to be honest with them about that so perhaps the only trait he does expect from his kids is honesty.  IDK, I just think we're at a very tense time as we're nearing the end of this. 

My opinion is that Misty is covering for Ron and herself. 

My hope is that she can grow up and realize that its not true love and Ron will throw her under the bus in a hot minute.

Misty needs to tell the truth and let the chips fall where they may.  Perhaps Hank Sr. is the only one left that can convince her its ok to do that.  It is his responsibility as her parent to do so and it may be the last chance he gets to save at least one of his children.

JMO and only MO.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."  - Galileo
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1519 on: April 30, 2010, 10:56:53 AM »

LOL, glad all are home safe, I've got the storms coming in tomorrow nite.

I thing the only way this family can clean up is from the top down.
It has to start with Hank Sr.  Sometimes in the tapes, I get the impression he's thinking about getting a backbone, I think guilt stops him.  He feels guilty for the mess his life is in and therefore the mess his kids are in.  He has to step up and be an example, quit parenting by guilt and that goes for TN too, clean his act up, and demand the same from his family, or at least what is left of it when this all washes out.

Thanks Mudder! 

I agree with you, has to start at the top.  These parents/grandparents made mistakes yes, and yet, no time like the present to get a new start.  They cannot go back and undo what has been done, but they sure can apologize to their kids, get determined to lead by example from here on out.  Some young adults can be reparented to some degree, with at least the adults giving positive guidance etc.  At times I think TN has it in her, not so sure about Hank Sr.  The guilt must be huge, yet they have to put that aside and move on.  TN needs to get past her denial first tho.  IMO.  Easy enough for me to see this and say things, not easy to do I know.  Also easy for me to see in others, not so easy to see my own crapola.  Am thinking this can at the least serve for all of us to take serious looks at our own stuff and see where we can each improve with our own families. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.