April 27, 2024, 12:37:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #35 4/22/10 - 5/04/10  (Read 348876 times)
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1900 on: May 03, 2010, 05:37:07 PM »

IMO It looks as though Hope might say she wanted to plea not guilty and wanted it to go to trial..

Also I might add Hope might say she was coerced into pleading guilty and now be getting a new attorney..

Didn't her attorney plea 'no contest' for Hope? 

At any rate, am thinking that if faced with charges of any kind, I'm gonna go with whatever my attorney says to plea.  S/he's the one who is representing me and knows how to do things with the judge.  Might be naive of me to do that, but I have no clue about the court system and would rely on whatever s/he said to do.  Kinda think Hope had no clue either. 

Would think her attorney talked with her about the different choices in a plea long before the court date, she must have known what he was gonna plea on her behalf, or however they did it.  Just cuz she doesn't like what the judge sentenced her with, doesn't mean she can now turn around and say she didn't understand the plea process.  Right?  Wouldn't she have had every opportunity to say to her attorney and/or even the judge at the time her plea was made that she didn't understand the process and didn't want to make that plea? 

Maybe I'm having a senior moment... 

Well, maybe she just wasn't "paying attention."

Sorry, had to say it. She told her mother in the famous phone call she was not paying attention at times in court.

Incredible.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that!  Guess not paying attention wasn't a great idea!  lol

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1901 on: May 03, 2010, 05:44:17 PM »

IMO It looks as though Hope might say she wanted to plea not guilty and wanted it to go to trial..

Also I might add Hope might say she was coerced into pleading guilty and now be getting a new attorney..

Didn't her attorney plea 'no contest' for Hope? 

At any rate, am thinking that if faced with charges of any kind, I'm gonna go with whatever my attorney says to plea.  S/he's the one who is representing me and knows how to do things with the judge.  Might be naive of me to do that, but I have no clue about the court system and would rely on whatever s/he said to do.  Kinda think Hope had no clue either. 

Would think her attorney talked with her about the different choices in a plea long before the court date, she must have known what he was gonna plea on her behalf, or however they did it.  Just cuz she doesn't like what the judge sentenced her with, doesn't mean she can now turn around and say she didn't understand the plea process.  Right?  Wouldn't she have had every opportunity to say to her attorney and/or even the judge at the time her plea was made that she didn't understand the process and didn't want to make that plea? 

Maybe I'm having a senior moment... 

In the jailhouse conversation between Hope and her mother Katrina Belcher, Hope stated:

I didn't plead no contest. She (attorney) pleaded no contest. So was I suppose to plead not guilty. What are you trying to say mom. Your fu_ _ ing confusing me. Your telling me no contest, not guilty, what does she want. Does she want me to say not guilty, no contest., what?  Lord almighty, I mean I'm pretty sure she would have stepped up and said you fu_ _ing up.  I did not have no pills in my fu_ _ing  hand.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video/default.aspx#/Hope+Sykes+Prison+Phone+Call%2C+3%2F21%2F10/75628125001

2010-02-18   17   ARR MIN:DEFT PRES,ADJ INS P D APPT (MARCELLA BEECHING)
2010-02-18   17   ARR ENT PLEA OF NOT GUILTY - PRE TRIAL SET 03/31/2010
2010-02-18   17   CONFLICT COUNSEL APPOINTED MARCELLA BEECHING
2010-03-31   34   PRE TRIAL MINUTES: DEFT PRES, ATT BY MARCELLA BEECHING
2010-03-31   34   W/D FORMER PLEA, PLEAD NOLO A/C TO THE OFFENSE OF
2010-03-31   34   TRAFFICKING IN HYDROCODONE 14-28 GRAMS

2010-04-30   47   MOTION FOR REHEARING

http://www.putnam-fl.com/clk_apps/crim_dkts/frame.php

Heart
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1902 on: May 03, 2010, 05:47:02 PM »

Monkey With Class  an angelic monkey     I'm sure also that Haleigh and Jr are loved, and I agree they had pills with them at all times, and have little doubt pills were laying around. I keep thinking about that 911 call and wonder what Jr was doing, you can't hear him crying from fright on the call, and you have to wonder if he had been given something to sleep and he didn't wake up with all that going on  Would love to know where that little guy was with all the commotion and screaming going on in that house.

Yeppers!  Just cannot imagine a child that age sitting in bed or on the couch keeping quiet during all that commotion.  I too am thinking either he had been given something to sleep earlier that night or someone was holding him so he wouldn't be so scared.  (like the third person who many of us think was there... like gma or ggma)... Wish LE had said what Jr was doing when they got there.  I don't remember that ever being reported, was it?  If LE or someone else had to wake Jr up after all was said and done, wouldn't they have done a drug test on him at some point, all things considered?  Or am I using hindsight and all. 

I don't remember hearing anything about Jr, you would have hoped they would have done a drug test on Jr, but I'm afraid it wasn't done.
Monkey with Class
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1903 on: May 03, 2010, 05:56:09 PM »

Hope,  That sure was a big mistake.   No contest and Not guilty.  Would love for her attorney to come back with video of explaining the difference to her.

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1904 on: May 03, 2010, 06:03:55 PM »

When a person is charged with commiting a crime, he or she is given the opportunity to respond. There are three possible responses: a guilty plea, not guilty plea, and no contest plea. If a defendant  does not enter a plea, a plea of not guilty  will be entered for him or her. From the Latin, nolo contendre, no contest means the person does not refute the charges, but also does not claim guilt for the charges. This can save time if a person convicted of a crime must stipulate to each of the charges.

However, while the person charged with the crime is not pleading guilty  or contesting the charges, he or she is often considered guilty when pleading no contest. If sentencing for a crime is immediate then the plea does not carry any special weight when a judge considers sentencing.

In fact, a person who wants a trial to defend his or her innocence would probably not use a no contest plea. Sometimes a court can be petitioned for a change of plea, but this is not always allowed. Instead, the no contest plea is almost always used when the plea results in immediate sentencing. Additionally, a person convicted of a crime who pleaded no contest is just as guilt as if he or she pleaded guilty.

In some cases, however, clients who feel they would not win at charges but assert their innocence are convinced to plead no contest since this will result in a plea bargain. If the case really seems unwinnable in a trial by jury, a shorter sentence option may be more attractive. Yet the person still wants to somehow not make an absolute statement of guilt. In this case, one may plead no contest to suggest that one is resigned to accepting punishment for the charges but is not making an assertion of guilt.

This may not always be an effective strategy, particularly if the person asserting innocence may also be facing civil court for behaviors for which he or she is pleading no contest. In fact, a no contest plea is often looked at as a plea of guilty by the civil court, and thus the person is likely to lose lawsuits in civil court that result from damages incurred by the alleged crime. The no contest plea does not keep the court from finding the person guilty. In fact it almost always results in conviction.

State law in the US is usually the determining factor in whether a person can plead no contest. Sometimes the no contest plea is not allowed. Canadian laws leave decisions as to when the no contest plea can be used up to individual judges. Some countries do not allow for a no contest plea at any time.

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-no-contest-plea.htm

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1905 on: May 03, 2010, 06:28:35 PM »

When a person is charged with commiting a crime, he or she is given the opportunity to respond. There are three possible responses: a guilty plea, not guilty plea, and no contest plea. If a defendant  does not enter a plea, a plea of not guilty  will be entered for him or her. From the Latin, nolo contendre, no contest means the person does not refute the charges, but also does not claim guilt for the charges. This can save time if a person convicted of a crime must stipulate to each of the charges.

However, while the person charged with the crime is not pleading guilty  or contesting the charges, he or she is often considered guilty when pleading no contest. If sentencing for a crime is immediate then the plea does not carry any special weight when a judge considers sentencing.

In fact, a person who wants a trial to defend his or her innocence would probably not use a no contest plea. Sometimes a court can be petitioned for a change of plea, but this is not always allowed. Instead, the no contest plea is almost always used when the plea results in immediate sentencing. Additionally, a person convicted of a crime who pleaded no contest is just as guilt as if he or she pleaded guilty.

In some cases, however, clients who feel they would not win at charges but assert their innocence are convinced to plead no contest since this will result in a plea bargain. If the case really seems unwinnable in a trial by jury, a shorter sentence option may be more attractive. Yet the person still wants to somehow not make an absolute statement of guilt. In this case, one may plead no contest to suggest that one is resigned to accepting punishment for the charges but is not making an assertion of guilt.

This may not always be an effective strategy, particularly if the person asserting innocence may also be facing civil court for behaviors for which he or she is pleading no contest. In fact, a no contest plea is often looked at as a plea of guilty by the civil court, and thus the person is likely to lose lawsuits in civil court that result from damages incurred by the alleged crime. The no contest plea does not keep the court from finding the person guilty. In fact it almost always results in conviction.

State law in the US is usually the determining factor in whether a person can plead no contest. Sometimes the no contest plea is not allowed. Canadian laws leave decisions as to when the no contest plea can be used up to individual judges. Some countries do not allow for a no contest plea at any time.

Blonde, Monkey with Class, in the phone conversation Hope  was swearing to her mother, who informed her that they had her on tape with pills in her hand, that she did not have any pills in her hand. She said has everyone seen the video/s, I did not have any pills in my fu_ _ing hands.  Misty had the pills, she (Misty) took (stole) 2 of the pills from the undercover cop.  I was just sitting in the back seat.

I wonder if they do have her (Hope) on tape with the pills in her hands.

Hope also had 2 other pending cases.

Heart
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1906 on: May 03, 2010, 06:39:12 PM »

Thanks Heart and Blonde for that info!!   an angelic monkey

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #1907 on: May 03, 2010, 06:46:49 PM »

Blonde, Monkey with Class, in the phone conversation Hope  was swearing to her mother, who informed her that they had her on tape with pills in her hand, that she did not have any pills in her hand. She said has everyone seen the video/s, I did not have any pills in my fu_ _ing hands.  Misty had the pills, she (Misty) took (stole) 2 of the pills from the undercover cop.  I was just sitting in the back seat.

I wonder if they do have her (Hope) on tape with the pills in her hands.

Hope also had 2 other pending cases.

Hi Heart -

I remember the "unleashed lawyers" on NG kept saying constructive possession.

(law) having the power and intention to have and control property but without direct control or actual presence upon it
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

So, my take on it was - no pills in her hand, but enough pills must have been her's to draw
a trafficking charge. I don't think Hope still gets it. It don't MATTA, honey bun! 

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1908 on: May 03, 2010, 06:48:27 PM »

Does anyone know what Lindsy's work hours were the day/night HaLeigh went missing?

The reason I ask is because of this:

@TheINNsider Lindsey was is the car. I pulled a snip you can hear yourself:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYEbYK8RPb4     about 13 hours ago  via web  in reply to TheINNsider
http://twitter.com/LLMPapa

Lindsy has said to Tommy  in a jailhouse audio tape: 

LC:  Well not even that, but you would not have had the house clean, the dinner cooked and sat up with me and watched tv until we went to bed. 

http://www.bloggernews.net/124452

Heart
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1909 on: May 03, 2010, 06:51:18 PM »

Does anyone know what Lindsy's work hours were the day/night HaLeigh went missing?

@TheINNsider Lindsey was is the car. I pulled a snip you can hear yourself:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYEbYK8RPb4     about 13 hours ago  via web  in reply to TheINNsider

LC:  Well not even that, but you would not have had the house clean, the dinner cooked and sat up with me and watched tv until we went to bed. 

Didn't she get home from school about 10:30pm?
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1910 on: May 03, 2010, 07:09:19 PM »

Didn't she get home from school about 10:30pm?
Yes, that is what has been reported.

But what time does she leave for work?  What time was she scheduled to be at work?

Was it prior  to or after the children being dropped off at the bus stop in the evening via the school bus?

How many hours did she put in per day?

If Chelsea was driving the van at the bus stop to pick up the children, why was Lindsy there also?

Or was it Misty driving the van?

Who picked up the children (especially HaLeigh) still seems to be an issue.

Heart
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1911 on: May 03, 2010, 07:59:10 PM »

A lot of good questions Heart, and it seems like questions that would have a simple answer, but it appears they don't. Still can't believe there are different versions of who picked Haleigh up at the bus stop 
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1912 on: May 03, 2010, 08:24:37 PM »

A lot of good questions Heart, and it seems like questions that would have a simple answer, but it appears they don't. Still can't believe there are different versions of who picked Haleigh up at the bus stop 

It would seem that AH would have posed that question to Lindsy, when:

EXCLUSIVE: Misty Croslin Balked at Babysitting Haleigh!

By Art Harris, The Bald Truth, (c) www.artharris.com,

The Bald Truth has learned exclusive new details about Misty Croslin’s behaviour the night she reported her boyfriend’s five year old daughter missing from their trailer in Satsuma, Florida almost a year ago—that she had balked at babysitting Haleigh Cummings, and her little brother, JR, complaining she was just too exhausted after a three day binge of drugs and sex with party pals.

She told me, ‘I didn’t want to even watch the kids that night because I was too tired from partying that weekend,’” her sister in law, Lindsay, told me in an exclusive interview Tuesday night that I broke on CNN HLN’s Nancy Grace Show.

Then, Misty related, Ronald Cummings mother, offered to pay her. “She told me, ‘Teresa (Neves) said, ‘I’ll pay you to watch ‘em.’ But I told her, ‘No, you don’t have to pay me, I’ll watch ‘em.’ Remember that weekend, she and Ronald were fighting after she came back, so she told his mother, ‘No, I’ll go home and watch ‘em if it’s okay with Ronald.’”

I reached Lindsay as she was driving her in-laws home after a visit with Misty and her brother, Tommy, both behind bars in the St. John’s County Jail in St. Augustine. Her ex-husband, Ronald Cummings, a codefendant in the drug trafficking case, is now jailed in Putnam County. All are charged with felony drug trafficking of prescription painkillers and could spend decades behind bars if convicted.

http://www.artharris.com/2010/02/03/exclusive-misty-croslin-balked-at-babysitting-haleigh/

Heart
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1913 on: May 03, 2010, 08:33:04 PM »

I was under the impression Lindsy did not have a job but went to school during the  afternoon to the evening hour.
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1914 on: May 03, 2010, 08:38:30 PM »

I was under the impression Lindsy did not have a job but went to school during the  afternoon to the evening hour.
Hi JG, do you know what time she had to be at school, since some say she was also at the bus stop that evening. I would like to know what she has to say about who picked HaLeigh up that evening, and who it was that was talking about the bad drugs, since Chelsea places herself there as well.

Heart
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1915 on: May 03, 2010, 08:53:12 PM »

It would seem that AH would have posed that question to Lindsy, when:

EXCLUSIVE: Misty Croslin Balked at Babysitting Haleigh!

By Art Harris, The Bald Truth, (c) www.artharris.com,

The Bald Truth has learned exclusive new details about Misty Croslin’s behaviour the night she reported her boyfriend’s five year old daughter missing from their trailer in Satsuma, Florida almost a year ago—that she had balked at babysitting Haleigh Cummings, and her little brother, JR, complaining she was just too exhausted after a three day binge of drugs and sex with party pals.

She told me, ‘I didn’t want to even watch the kids that night because I was too tired from partying that weekend,’” her sister in law, Lindsay, told me in an exclusive interview Tuesday night that I broke on CNN HLN’s Nancy Grace Show.

Then, Misty related, Ronald Cummings mother, offered to pay her. “She told me, ‘Teresa (Neves) said, ‘I’ll pay you to watch ‘em.’ But I told her, ‘No, you don’t have to pay me, I’ll watch ‘em.’ Remember that weekend, she and Ronald were fighting after she came back, so she told his mother, ‘No, I’ll go home and watch ‘em if it’s okay with Ronald.’”

I reached Lindsay as she was driving her in-laws home after a visit with Misty and her brother, Tommy, both behind bars in the St. John’s County Jail in St. Augustine. Her ex-husband, Ronald Cummings, a codefendant in the drug trafficking case, is now jailed in Putnam County. All are charged with felony drug trafficking of prescription painkillers and could spend decades behind bars if convicted.

http://www.artharris.com/2010/02/03/exclusive-misty-croslin-balked-at-babysitting-haleigh/

Why can't Art Harris spell the main characters' names properly? (Like Lindsy's?)

Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1916 on: May 03, 2010, 08:56:13 PM »

Hi JG, do you know what time she had to be at school, since some say she was also at the bus stop that evening. I would like to know what she has to say about who picked HaLeigh up that evening, and who it was that was talking about the bad drugs, since Chelsea places herself there as well.

I listened to Santos tapes awhile back and I got the impression it was Misty who was in the van along with her nephew Austin and most likely JR who were in the back seat now who was in the front seat I don't know but something to the affect Misty was talking to someone else in a vehicle about the bad chit while they were waiting for the bus.. Now Cobra stated it was Misty also that picked up Haleigh at the bus stop..
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1917 on: May 03, 2010, 09:04:00 PM »

Since Lindsy mentions to Tommy while on a jail visit: Misty tried to say that the night that HaLeigh keep missing, you were high

And Tommy claims:   I didn't  have no pills that day. Thats why I didn't go to work.  Thats why I was laying around all fu_ _ing day.

To which Lindsy responds:

Well not even that, but you would not have had the house clean, the dinner cooked and sat up with me and watched tv until we went to bed

I wonder where was Timmy and JO during this period. Was JO in the van, the car, where?

Heart
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1918 on: May 03, 2010, 09:09:21 PM »

Since Lindsy mentions to Tommy while on a jail visit: Misty tried to say that the night that HaLeigh keep missing, you were high

And Tommy claims:   I didn't  have no pills that day. Thats why I didn't go to work.  Thats why I was laying around all fu_ _ing day.

To which Lindsy responds:

Well not even that, but you would not have had the house clean, the dinner cooked and sat up with me and watched tv until we went to bed

I wonder where was Timmy and JO during this period. Was JO in the van, the car, where?

It could  include anyone of them even Chelsea.. I know I read some of them were at the hospital visting Hank..
my2cents
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1919 on: May 03, 2010, 09:12:30 PM »

Maybe it was Lindsy who picked up Haleigh at the bus stop and she could have been due to be at school shortly and that could be why that they said that she was yelling hurry up.....I have a friend who is in nursing school and she goes from 4 o'clock to 10 o'clock....maybe she was talking about getting bad chit last night that cuz Joe brought them? But the question still remains why would Ron say that he was the one that picked her up? It would be fine for him to say that a relative,friend,or other parent picked her up ...unless he does not want to say where he was at the time so therefore he places himself at the bus stop? You would think that if Misty were picking up Haleigh and Lindsy were there too that one or the other would have got out of the car and went over to talk to the other while waiting for the kiddos.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.