April 17, 2024, 11:20:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Teen Mom suspected of killing newborn (ARRESTED) Fullerton, CA  (Read 4455 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: April 20, 2010, 06:05:20 AM »

Fullerton teen suspected of killing newborn

Last Update: 2:33 am

FULLERTON, Calif. (AP) — Authorities say an 18-year-old Fullerton woman suspected of killing her newborn is under police guard at a hospital.

Police said Monday that the woman is expected to be arrested after doctors approve.

Sgt. Andrew Goodrich says the woman gave birth to a full-term baby girl at home on Sunday morning. Police won't release the woman's name until she's arrested.

Goodrich says the woman told her parents she was ill so her parents took her to the hospital. The infant's body was later found hidden in the woman's bedroom.

Police say the baby suffered severe external and internal trauma, and an autopsy has been performed. The cause of death has not been released.

Goodrich says police suspect the woman was trying to hide the pregnancy from her parents.

http://www.kget.com/news/state/story/Fullerton-teen-suspected-of-killing-newborn/hcWcmz2ewUe00C4mqiKrFg.cspx
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 05:26:28 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 05:24:53 PM »

Updated: 2:24 p.m.
Mother of infant found dead arrested

FULLERTON – An 18-year-old woman whose newborn was found dead in her bedroom Sunday was arrested early Tuesday afternoon on suspicion of murder.

The woman's name will be disclosed shortly, after police book her into jail, Sgt. Andrew Goodrich of the Fullerton Police Department said. As of 1:20 p.m., police were at the hospital taking her into custody.

The woman was trying to hide her pregnancy from her parents, police said. She gave birth around 3 a.m. Sunday in her home, and then told her parents she wasn't feeling well and needed to go to the hospital, police said.

Hospital workers became suspicious when the 18-year-old woman showed up with her parents to be treated for bleeding, Goodrich said. She showed signs of recently giving birth, he said, but there was no baby.

Hospital staff called police. Officers searched the girl's west Fullerton home and found the infant's body hidden in her bedroom.

An autopsy was performed on the baby, Goodrich said, but a cause of death has not been released.

The woman has been under police watch at a hospital for the past two days.

The woman is the second young Fullerton mother in the past two weeks to come under suspicion of killing her newborn baby.

Yanira Valderrama, 20, was arrested April 8 at her parents' apartment on suspicion of drowning her newborn baby boy and hiding his body in a trash can in September.

Authorities are reminding everyone about California's Safe Surrender law, which allows parents to drop off an unwanted newborn at any fire station or hospital within 72 hours of birth with no questions asked.

http://www.ocregister.com/news/police-244965-woman-hospital.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 06:55:38 PM »

Fullerton teen allegedly stabs her newborn to death, hides body in closet

April 20, 2010 |  3:36 pm
An 18-year-old Fullerton woman has been arrested after she delivered a baby girl at home, stabbed the newborn multiple times and left the infant's body in her bedroom closet, police officials said Tuesday.

The case marked the second time in as many weeks that a young mother has been arrested for allegedly killing her newborn baby.

Yoselin Torres Tovar showed up at a Fullerton-area hospital Sunday weak from an apparent loss of blood, said Sgt. Andrew Goodrich of the Fullerton Police Department. Hospital employees called police when they suspected her condition resulted from childbirth.

The newborn's body was found in the home with multiple wounds from "a knife or knife-like object" after investigators obtained a warrant to search her parents' home in the 1100 block of West Williamson Avenue, Goodrich said.

The teen did not tell her parents she was pregnant or that she had given birth.

"The baby was full-term and fully viable," Goodrich said.

The other arrest occurred two weeks ago when Yanira Valderrama, 20, was taken into custody April 8 at the home where she lives with her parents after a seven-month investigation by Fullerton police.
It began when rescuers responded to a medical emergency at Valderrama's home Sept. 4 and took her to a hospital for treatment, police said. Doctors there determined that she had just delivered a baby.

Authorities returned to the home and found the newborn boy's body. An autopsy confirmed the infant died from "blunt force" trauma to the head and "asphyxia while submerged in water," Fullerton police officials said.

In both cases, Goodrich said, the young mothers could have opted to drop off their newborns at any fire station or hospital within 72 hours of birth for adoption.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2010/04/fullerton-teen-arrested-after-stabbing-a-newborn-and-hiding-the-body-in-her-bedroom-closet.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 09:04:07 PM »

TOVAR

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.