April 20, 2024, 03:26:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RIP - Keli McGregor, team president for the Colorado Rockies dead at 48  (Read 2451 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: April 20, 2010, 03:02:56 PM »

Rockies team president found dead in SLC hotel
Last Update: 12:17 pm

SALT LAKE CITY (ABC 4 News) - Police in Salt Lake City confirmed that the body of Keli McGregor, team president for the Colorado Rockies, was discovered inside a room at The Grand America on Tuesday.

Salt Lake City Police are investigating the case as an unattended death, but did not say what the exact cause of death may have been. Police spokesmen Rick Wall told ABC 4 News McGregor appears to have died from natural causes.

McGregor was in Salt Lake City to meet with local broadcast executives, including ABC 4. Police were sent to investigate is his hotel room at about 9:00 a.m. when he did not respond to calls or other contact from a team associate traveling with him. Emergency crews responded but were unable to revive him.

McGregor played football for Colorado State University in the early 80s. He was drafted in the fourth round of the 1985 NFL draft by the Denver Broncos. He played for the Broncos, Indianapolis Colts and Seattle Seahawks before retiring.

McGregor was 48 years old. He and his wife Lori are parents of 4 children. He worked as a coach and athletics administrator in college before joining the Rockies in 1993. McGregor has been team president since 2001.

Rockies Team Statement
DENVER – Keli S. McGregor, Colorado Rockies Team President, was found dead this morning in his hotel room in Salt Lake City, Utah. McGregor 48, was in Utah on a business trip with team Chairman & CEO Charlie Monfort and Executive Vice President, Greg Feasel.

No details surrounding McGregor’s death are known or available at this time. Additional details will be made available as they can be confirmed by proper authorities.

“Words cannot describe the level of shock and disbelief that we all are feeling this morning at the loss of Keli,” said Charlie Monfort. “Our thoughts, our prayers are with Lori and the entire family as we all try to cope and understand how such a tragic loss could occur with such a wonderful man.”

http://www.abc4.com/mostpopular/story/Rockies-team-president-found-dead-in-SLC-hotel/88Fn2ouuUkm-FTq-5qRw6Q.cspx

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 03:05:31 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 10:42:17 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.