April 24, 2024, 09:45:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "It's a myth that we can't control immigration "  (Read 1133 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: April 20, 2010, 08:01:42 PM »

My colleague Mary Riddell has argued this morning that David Cameron’s promise to reduce immigration is impossible in practice. “Even if that were desirable, it’s much easier said than done. It’s a common delusion among leaders that they can turn the migration tap on and off,” she writes.

...The US has an enormous land border which is relatively easy for illegals to cross, yet the Americans are 91 per cent effective in stopping immigration. In contrast Italy and Spain, with treacherous seas to protect them from migrants, are just 30 and 40 per cent effective in comparison. And America incredible’s efforts are pathetic in comparison with Singapore and Kuwait, which are almost 100 per cent effective in stopping immigration (H/T to Eric Kaufmann for that).

...The truth is we can control immigration if we want to, but like welfare reform – a problem that is closely linked to immigration – the authorities are scared of the negative headlines that enforcing it would entail.

more here - http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/edwest/100034120/its-a-myth-that-we-cant-control-immigration/

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.