May 30, 2024, 12:12:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rachel Smith & Rachel Crites Missing MD -Bodies found/dbl suicide  (Read 5868 times)
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« on: January 23, 2007, 12:01:03 AM »

Rachel Smith, 16, and Rachel Crites, 18 Missing since January 19, 2007 in MD/WVA area

http://missingexploited.com/2007/01/22/rachel-smith-16-and-rachel-crites-18-missing-since-january-19-2007-in-mdwva-area/

Description:

Police said the girls were driving a 1997 dark blue Subaru Outback with license plate MBJ-485.

Smith is described as a white female, 5 feet 1 inch tall, 118 pounds, with green eyes and medium-length brown hair.

Crites is 5 feet 4 inches tall, 110 pounds, with brown eyes and brown medium-length hair.

Note written in girls diary:
“Wherever I end up laying, whether buried or cremated, I want to stay with my true love, buried next to her. This is my choice. I’m sorry.”
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 05:51:20 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 03:26:00 PM »

Note written in girls diary:
“Wherever I end up laying, whether buried or cremated, I want to stay with my true love, buried next to her. This is my choice. I’m sorry.”

That message sounds ominus.

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 11:48:24 PM »

Missing in America

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

This is a partial transcript from "On the Record," January 29, 2007, that has been edited for clarity.

GRETA VAN SUSTEREN, HOST: Two Rachels and one big mystery tonight. They're teenagers from Maryland: Rachel Smith is 16, Rachel Crites 18. They're good friends and they're gone. The girls vanished over a week ago, they said they were going to the movies and they, well we just don't know. No one does. Was there an accident? Did they run away together? Was there a crime? Police and family is looking for answers tonight.

Joining us are Rachel Crites' parents — Troy Crites and Kathy Cornelius.
Welcome to both of you.

TROY CRITES, FATHER OF RACHEL CRITES: Thank you.

KATHY CORNELIUS, MOTHER OF RACHEL CRITES: Thank you.

VAN SUSTEREN: We're going to do everything we can to get information out. First of all, when did the children leave?

A week ago Friday. They had called — to call in about arrangements for dinner and said that they were going to a movie in Georgetown and at 11:00 p.m. when they didn't show up on scheduled time we began to get worried, by 1:00 a.m. the police were called.

VAN SUSTEREN: What — were they driving at all? Is that right, Troy?

CRITES: Yes.

VAN SUSTEREN: What kind of automobile? Because people listen to this and by radio and I want to make sure we get the description out there.

CRITES: It's a 1997 blue Subaru Outback and it's got a very distinguishing feature, it's go a very large gray plastic luggage rack on the top. License plate — it's Maryland license plate MBJ-485.

VAN SUSTEREN: Kathy, there apparently was one cell phone tower hit; is that right?

CORNELIUS: Apparently, when they called on Friday, the cell phone tower nearest to them was in Charlestown, West Virginia.

VAN SUSTEREN: And since then, there's been no use of the cell phone as far as we know.

CORNELIUS: Apparently not.

VAN SUSTEREN: Now, these kids are probably pretty smart. They probably know that — I mean, you think — you believe they're sort of, I guess, runaway is sort of a rough term to use, your daughter's 18, but the other one's 16. You think that she's smart enough to know not to use the cell phone because she'll get located.

CORNELIUS: That's right.

VAN SUSTEREN: Do you think that too, Troy?

CRITES: Absolutely

>>>>>Full Interview
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,248639,00.html

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 01:58:51 PM »

Tip: Missing girls might be in area

by ERIN JULIUS  erinj@herald-mail.com

HAGERSTOWN - A search for two missing Maryland teenagers went national last Saturday when "America's Most Wanted" aired a 15-second segment about the Montgomery County residents.

A national correspondent for the television show said that at least one tip received after the broadcast placed the pair in Hagerstown.

Rachel Smith, 16, of Potomac, and Rachel Crites, 18, of Gaithersburg, have been missing since Jan. 19.

The teenagers told their parents that they were going to see a movie in Georgetown that night and never returned, said Michelle Sigona, a national correspondent for "America's Most Wanted."

Authorities traced the girls' phone calls from Jan 19 to Charles Town, W.Va., and believe the girls could be in the Hagerstown or Baltimore area, Sigona said.

Police do not suspect foul play, said Lucille Baur, public information officer for the Montgomery County Police Department.

"Police believe they left together of their own free will," Baur said.

A tip was called in from Hagerstown after the broadcast, Sigona said.

Some of the more-credible possible sightings have been in Baltimore and Hagerstown, Baur said.

"America's Most Wanted" is airing a longer segment about the missing teenagers Saturday, Sigona said.
>>>>>The Full Article

http://www.herald-mail.com/?module=displaystory&story_id=157851&format=html

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2007, 01:32:34 AM »

Missing Md. Teens' Car Found With 2 Bodies
Loudoun Discovery Points to Suicide

By Candace Rondeaux and Steve Vogel
Washington Post Staff Writers
Saturday, February 3, 2007; Page A01

The bodies of two girls were discovered yesterday in Loudoun County in a car that belongs to the family of one of two Montgomery County teenagers missing for two weeks, law enforcement authorities said. Some officials said the victims apparently committed suicide.

Loudoun sheriff's deputies found the girls dead in the front seat of the car on an access road off Route 9 near the West Virginia border yesterday afternoon. There were no signs of trauma on their bodies, and the cause of death was not known, deputies said.

Rachel Samantha Smith, 16, of Potomac and Rachel Lacy Crites, 18, of Gaithersburg have been missing since Jan. 19, when they told their parents they would be attending a movie in Georgetown. Police and family members had said they were concerned about the mental state of both teenagers based on statements they had made in the past.

Early indications are that the bodies are those of the missing girls, said a law enforcement official who asked not to be named because the identities had not been officially confirmed.

"We're trying to determine if in fact it is the two girls," said Lt. Eric Burnett, a spokesman for Montgomery police.

The bodies have been taken to the Fairfax County medical examiner's office for autopsies. "It's still a good likelihood that it's a suicide," Loudoun Sheriff Stephen O. Simpson said.

>>>>>>The Full Article
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/02/02/AR2007020201329.html

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2007, 01:52:40 AM »

OMG how sad  Crying or Very sad
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2007, 10:37:55 PM »

Feb 5, 2007 6:49 pm US/Eastern
Autopsy Shows Missing Teens Died Of CO Poisoning

(AP) Two Maryland teenagers who were found dead last week inside a car in northern Virginia died of carbon-monoxide poisoning, according to preliminary autopsy results released Monday.

As WJZ's Adam May reports, investigators said they believe the deaths were suicides.

Rachel Smith, 16, of Potomac, and Rachel Crites, 18, of Gaithersburg, were found Friday afternoon in the front seats of a Subaru Outback parked along a remote trail in Loudoun County about half a mile from the West Virginia border.

The teens, who had been missing since Jan. 29, did not return home after telling their parents they would be attending a movie in Georgetown. Police and family members had said they were concerned about the mental state of both girls based on statements they had made in the past.

The teens' bodies were taken to the Fairfax County medical examiner's office, which ruled on the cause of death Monday, the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office said. Loudoun County does not have a medical examiner.

In a statement, the sheriff's office said that "although the case remains an active investigation, it appears the two teens took their own lives.

>>>>Full Report
http://wjz.com/local/local_story_036174106.html

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.