April 23, 2024, 04:44:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #833 6/2/10 - 6/4/10  (Read 442881 times)
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1220 on: June 04, 2010, 12:30:30 AM »

The FBI and the Aruba police were both involved in the events beginning before May 10.

* I have highlighted, in red, the problem with Greta`s theory.

Anything involving Aruba Police and a sloot is going to tank.

I am surprised he didn`t slash his own mother`s throat or even Greta`s before this.

Greta said that the events happened in Aruba.

The US Attorney's statement said that the money was wired from a bank in Birmingham
to a bank in NL.

Greta needs to be clearer.  I believe Joran was in Aruba when the events happened but that the money went from Birmingham to the NL.  Or a fake account in the NL?  Did they say there was a problem with that?

Not that I remember.  I will go and get the video.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
eleye
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1221 on: June 04, 2010, 12:30:48 AM »

karma is a mutha! Wink

Be not overcome with evil, but overcome evil with good.
- Bible - Romans 12:21
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1222 on: June 04, 2010, 12:30:55 AM »

Carpe - thanks for bringing the Gretawire.

IMO, If Joran did not go to SA he would have murdered elsewhere.  It was only a matter of time.

Exactly.  

And who knows what he did with the money Greta gave him for the story she sat on for months.

How dare she!

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #1223 on: June 04, 2010, 12:31:19 AM »

The FBI and the Aruba police were both involved in the events beginning before May 10.

I am surprised he didn`t slash his own mother`s throat or even Greta`s before this.

The US Attorney's statement said that the money was wired from a bank in Birmingham
to a bank in NL.

I picked up on that. Are we positive it didn`t say a NL financial institution that maybe had a branch in Aruba? I couldn`t nail that down.

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #1224 on: June 04, 2010, 12:34:44 AM »

Carpe - thanks for bringing the Gretawire.

IMO, If Joran did not go to SA he would have murdered elsewhere.  It was only a matter of time.

Exactly.  

And who knows what he did with the money Greta gave him for the story she sat on for months.

How dare she!

YW - it pizzed me right the hell off. I am still spitting nails over it.

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1225 on: June 04, 2010, 12:37:14 AM »

to a bank in NL.

I picked up on that. Are we positive it didn`t say a NL financial institution that maybe had a branch in Aruba? I couldn`t nail that down.

Here is the video of the US Attorney's statement.

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Vance-Charges-Filed-against-Van-der-Sloot/qHhAAd3_yECXZzmmMHVsog.cspx

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1226 on: June 04, 2010, 12:37:50 AM »

Okay ----- I'm caught up again!!! I saw Angie was here --- one of these days we are going to take her up on that "Opus-X" cigar offer!!! We aren't there quite yet -- but it IS finally close!!!! Once Joran is convicted in Peru -- I think Beth and Dave will gain a little more closure. Surely ALL the dominoes will start to fall now and we can return Natalee where she belongs. Joran will never live to see extradition to the USA.

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1227 on: June 04, 2010, 12:39:48 AM »

The other day, Greta said she didn't know anything. Now she knows it ALL. Her source is probably JR.
I can and do have a bank account where I live. I can access it from another country.
Money gets transferred from USA and deposited in NL, withdrawn in Aruba, Columbia, Peru wherever. Why would the Aruba LE be in the know about anything, withdrawing the funds was not the crime in the warrant.
The crime was the extortion and the funds being sent to NL.
She always was hot for him.   
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1228 on: June 04, 2010, 12:39:50 AM »

Count One
That on or about May 10, 20lO, the defendant, Joran van der Sloot, did obstruct, delay, and affect commerce and the movement ofany article or commodity in commerce, by extortion and attempts to do so, in that, the defendant did knowingly and wilfully cause another person to wire transfer a partial payment of money ($15,000) from a financial institution in Birmingham, Alabama, to a financial institution in the Netherlands, after representing to the other person that he would provide the location ofNata lee Holloway's remains in Aruba and information regarding the circumstances of her death, upon receipt of $250,000 from the other person, in violation of Title 18, United States Code, Section 1951(a).

http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/wbrc/docs/VANDERSLOOTCOMPLAINT.pdf

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1229 on: June 04, 2010, 12:42:03 AM »

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2010/06/federal_charges_in_alabama_wil.html
Federal charges in Alabama will await van der Sloot, if he is not charged in murder case in Peru
June 3, 2010

If Joran van der Sloot is not charged in the death of a woman in Peru, federal prosecutors in Birmingham say the Dutchman will be brought to Alabama on charges of fraud and extortion announced here today in connection with the disappearance of Natalee Holloway.

Holloway, a Mountain Brook teen, disappeared in May 2005 while on a high school graduation trip to Aruba. Van der Sloot has been a long-time suspect in that case, but does not face charges.

He is being detained in Chile in connection with the death of a 21-year-old woman, found on Sunday in Peru.

The U.S. Attorney's office and FBI said that on May 10, van der Sloot extorted $15,000 as a partial payment from an individual in exchange for information he would provide on the location of Natalee Holloway's remains and the circumstances of her death.

U.S. Attorney Joyce White Vance said that van der Sloot had provided false information during his scheme. She declined to say who van der Sloot had extorted or what he is alleged to have told them.

Federal authorities said the extortion charge from Birmingham was coincidental to the case in Peru.

"I want to stress at the outset that our case is not related in any way to the ongoing murder investigation in Peru,"  Vance said at a press conference in Birmingham.

But if authorities in Peru don't charge van der Sloot then he would be brought to the U.S. to face the charges waiting for him in Birmingham, FBI and U.S. Attorneys office officials said.

Aruban authorities were helpful to the FBI in its extortion investigation, Vance said.

"We are committed to protecting citizens from unscrupulous individuals who attempt to financially exploit a person's deepest fears and greatest loss," Vance said in a prepared statement. If convicted on the two charges from Birmingham, van der Sloot could face a maximum sentence of 30 years on the wire fraud count and a maximum of 20 years on the extortion charge.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1230 on: June 04, 2010, 12:43:44 AM »

karma is a mutha! Wink

Hi eleye!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1231 on: June 04, 2010, 12:44:28 AM »

http://www.livinginperu.com/news-12362-breaking-news-chile-decides-expel-joran-van-der-sloot-peru-prepares-arrest-him
Chile decides to expel Joran van der Sloot, Peru prepares to arrest him
June 3, 2010

The Chilean government has decided to expel Dutch citizen Joran Van der Sloot, who is accused in Peru of murdering Stephany Flores (21), reports Radio Cooperativa Chile.

Van der Sloot, who is also related to the disappearance of US citizen Natalee Holloway in Aruba, will leave at 8:00 a.m. and will be sent by plane to Arica,.

Once in Arica, he will be moved to the border with Peru, where he will arrested by Peru police, reports Chilean daily La Tercera.

The Ministry of Internal Affairs of Peru expressed that the Dutch citizen will be arrested as soon as he enters Peru.

Van der Sloot, who entered Chile on May 31, was captured  this morning in Santiago, while he was heading to Viņa del Mar.

His Peruvian victim, Stephany Flores, was found dead in a hotel room last Wednesday.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1232 on: June 04, 2010, 12:45:17 AM »

Did not watch Greta. Good thing. She's off her rocker.

Okay, so the FBI knew on May 10 that he was guilty of extortion. Any prediction of future crime based on this precedent would be of extortion. No one would say on this basis that his next crime was going to be murder, nor that it was imminent.

The FBI has nothing to do with this. It's all on Aruba. They knew exactly what they were dealing with when they let Juran go.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1233 on: June 04, 2010, 12:47:27 AM »

Greta is back on my list now for saying all this!  And not the good list, either.

She doesn't have any of her facts straight!

Agree, TxMom, maybe Joran was there on the money GRETA gave him and half lied about, said it was for lixcensing the fake tape of Paulus.

The more I think about this the more I think Joran knew he had stepped in it and was running from the FBI.  Greta doesn't even know the FBI could find him.  South America is a big place!

So if Joran was in fact trying to evade the FBI, he was desperate and subject to do anything.  And they may have had to wait for him to actually withdraw the funds which he may not have done until he was leaving or already out of Aruba.

But there is no excuse for Greta to say such thngs and try to blame Beth and the FBI for Joran being a murderer.

Yeah, as Magnolia said, it sucks she would say this.

and I just heard she is having a SPECIAL on tomorrow about this.  I hope she gets her facts  straight before then!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1234 on: June 04, 2010, 12:53:28 AM »

Why did Joran enter Peru from Columbia?  Do we have any idea?

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1235 on: June 04, 2010, 12:54:32 AM »

Any guesses of the ramifications on the Kalpoes?? Do you think the Kalpoes ever showed up for the Cali depositions???????

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1236 on: June 04, 2010, 12:56:09 AM »

Any guesses of the ramifications on the Kalpoes?? Do you think the Kalpoes ever showed up for the Cali depositions???????

They did not show.  Their attorneys filed a request to postpone the depositions and Dr. Phil's attorneys have objected.  No documents filed just the notice that this happened.  I'm hoping docs tomorrow. Smile
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1237 on: June 04, 2010, 12:57:33 AM »

OK, here is another case in Peru where they are saying the people got the maximum sentence.  It appears that in Peru it is 30 years for murder unless that has changed since their trial, of course.

http://en.rsf.org/peru-maximum-sentences-for-killers-of-08-02-2006,09957.html

I am hoping that in Joran's case some more years are added for his stealing her money and other aggrevating factors.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1238 on: June 04, 2010, 12:58:32 AM »

I think the Kalpoe attorneys asked that the depos be taken in Aruba (again)
Dr. Phil's attnys objected.

The judge has denied that they be taken in Aruba before.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1239 on: June 04, 2010, 01:00:20 AM »

Why did Joran enter Peru from Columbia?  Do we have any idea?

I was putting this map together when I found out he was captured (some talk about hoping he didn't get to Suriname).  I believe he flew from Aruba to Colombia because it's one of the stops along the way.  Aruba to Colombia to Lima Peru.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.