March 29, 2024, 06:28:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Barack Obama criticises Arizona immigration measure"  (Read 2031 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: April 23, 2010, 07:26:35 PM »

Barack Obama has criticised a tough new immigration measure in the state of Arizona, saying it threatens to undermine American values and could violate civil rights.

He added that the federal government must enact immigration reform at the national level to avoid leaving the door open to "irresponsibility by others." Mr Obama said: "That includes, for example, the recent efforts in Arizona, which threaten to undermine basic notions of fairness that we cherish as Americans, as well as the trust between police and their communities that is so crucial to keeping us safe.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/barackobama/7626736/Barack-Obama-criticises-Arizona-immigration-measure.html

What about the fairness when it comes to digging into Americans pockets to pay for illegal aliens in the ER?  Illegal aliens that cause car accidents and drive without insurance?

Who pays to educate the children of illegal aliens?  Pay for their welfare?

How many Americans can't find a job?  How many jobs would open up if illegal aliens returned to their country of origin? 

How much more would Americans have in their pockets if the tax burden were less because the government sent those here illegally home?

Why is it fair that any American has to support those here illegally?

Why is it fair that Americans can't find jobs and illegals have money to send 'home' each month?

If Eric Holder can use statistics to pay African Americans for the actions of a few brokers that worked for AIG, due to information sharing...why can't they start identifying illegal aliens based on the welfare files of their children?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 07:31:35 PM »

There was an article widely reported in the mainstream media and web news reports that Barack Obama has determined the supposedly "harsh" new legislation aimed at illegal immigration in the State of Arizona, "misguided."

Of course, Mr. Obama is from one of the states furthest north away from those southern borders, and other than staying in Arizona during one of his many roadtrips at an internationally owned resort hotel there with his entourage, has spent little, if any, time in the Phoenix or Tucson metropolitan areas.

And, of course, has Secret Service agents who monitor and are charged to protect his every move with shoot to kill orders for any whacked out individual, foreign or otherwise, that compromises the security of the Commander-in-Chief.

Not so an Arizona rancher, or the literally thousands of other Arizona citizens whose lives and property have been negligently compromised by such positions as Mr. Obama's with respect to border security for the border state residents, and abiding by his primary duty to provide for the safety and security of United States citizens whose lives and properties may be compromised by foreigners or nonAmericans, whether visiting or on work visas - or those that don't even bother to apply but hop the border instead.

Now, instead of funding more and more government agencies to study problems, or give any more foreign aid to another country who is in much better economic circumstances than this one, such as Israel - or securing Iraq or Afghanistan's borders - how about building that fence and securing our own?

Since it isn't simply lettuce pickers that have migrated here from the south, after all, but those who have replaced Arizonans and Americans in the construction, tourism, and other vital industries, and replaced many of their former countrymen - the legal Mexican-Americans.

Or maybe consulting with the true "stake-holders" this time, the actual long term Arizona residents who have lived there, say, for more than 30 years since Reagan's amnesty.

Try speaking to some of those living in the Cave Creek wash, or some of the other homeless living there, for example.

Or the many who have now lost their homes and jobs to the outsourcing your political party, and that other mainstream party, continue to promoted and facilitate by "passive agressive" pure federal negligence.

http://www.groundreport.com/Business/Obama-Misguided-Negligent-President-and-Politician_1/2922287

I don't think Obama has walked in the shoes of anyone in Arizona...

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 07:34:57 PM »

Today, Arizona Governor Jan Brewer signed into law a bill that would make it a state crime to be in the U.S. illegally and would allow state law enforcement to require asked individuals to produce proof that they are in the U.S. legally. This decision is a major stepping stone in terms of encouraging other states, as well as local governments, to assert themselves in terms of immigration policy.

Under the Tenth Amendment which preserves the traditional police powers of the states to control their own jurisdictions. The Heritage Foundation has advocated for extensive innovation at the lowest levels of government in terms of immigration enforcement. A 2009 report of Matt Mayer highlights how “state and local governments must [and can] do more” to do something about the illegal immigration problem—a conclusion that came from a series of THF roundtables aimed at talking to state and local officials about pressing public policy problems.

In fact, as Mayer points out, Arizona is not the first state to grow tired of waiting for the federal government to get serious about immigration enforcement...

Americans shouldn’t have to wait on Congress to start enforcing the laws on the books. Governor Brewer should be applauded for preserving rule of law and taking the power out of Washington to direct the debate on immigration reform. The federal government should listen clearly: state and local governments don’t like what the feds are offering.

http://blog.heritage.org/2010/04/23/new-arizona-immigration-law-makes-sense/

Smaller government, audit and abolish the Federal Reserve. 

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 07:38:33 PM »

The bill has sparked outrage in Mexico.

In the Mexican Congress, all major parties came together to demand that the nation’s Foreign Secretary mount a diplomatic protest. The legislators are also asking Brewer to reject the bill.

“This initiative favors xenophobic and repressive conduct,” reads a document signed by the coordinators of all the major parties.

“It signifies an attack against human dignity, a huge step backwards and at its heart is racist,” it continues.

The Mexican ambassador to the United States, Arturo Sarukhan, said the law was “deplorable” and that Mexican consulates in Arizona are being prepared to act in case of abuses.

Civil rights organizations such as the National Council of La Raza are also kicking up a storm and are worried about arbitrary detentions in the state on the basis of skin color and accent.

more here - http://www.guadalajarareporter.com/news-mainmenu-82/national-mainmenu-86/26723-mexico-slams-new-arizona-immigration-law.html

What about the rights of Americans and those here legally?

Why doesn't Mexico encourage it's citizens and their families to return to their homeland and avoid a criminal lifestyle?

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 07:43:13 PM »

For those shouting that we as a nation should be more like Europe, iirc, from family and friends, it is illegal to walk about without your identity papers in Europe.  Big fear of ending up in jail if you're stopped and don't have your papers on you - even if you're going for a jog.

How many Americans get a fine or jail if they don't have a drivers license on them when they get pulled over?

What happens to illegal aliens when they get pulled over?  How many get a ticket?  Pay a fine?  Have insurance?

I think the civil rights of Americans have been trampled on by Washington for too long.

It seems like Washington is for illegal...it's the anti-American administration staying up late at night thinking of ways to make Americans pay for global irresponsibility and tyrant slush funds.

my opinions.

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 07:49:27 PM »

AZ Sees Illegals as Illegal; Obama, Mexico Attack

Why is Arizona being demonized for simply wanting to keep their state safe from more crime and implosion? Immigration activists, (AKA amnesty-pushers crackpots), are bashing the Grand Canyon State up one side and down the next, belting out cries of prejudice and segregation.

Since when did borders, language and culture become racist?!

Our nation can no longer afford to take care of all the criminals leaching off this nation like a tick on a deer.

Mexico is now butting in with their own critique, seemingly forgetting about the fact that this is our country, not theirs. From the AP:

Mexico's Foreign Relations Department said in a statement relayed through Mexico's U.S. embassy that it viewed the measure with great concern and said it "could have potentially serious effects on the civil rights" of Mexican nationals. "Mexico views with concern the possible negative effects the measure could have, if approved, on the development of the ties of friendship, culture, commerce and tourism that have characterized Mexico's relations with Arizona for generations," according to the statement. Read the rest of the story HERE >

You thought that was bad? Ha! Take a gander at this headline: "Obama slams 'misguided' Ariz. immigration bill."

"If we continue to fail to act at a federal level, we will continue to see misguided efforts opening up around the country," Obama said. "As a nation, as a people, we can choose a different future."

TRANSLATED: "If we don't hurry up and legalize these folks, state governments are going to do the job that we've been failing miserably at... Since, you know, we don't believe any human being is illegal."

If this whole immigration enforcement issue doesn't make you want to slam your head into stone, perhaps you're overly-medicated. The United States of America should, in no way, be the most lax nation when it comes to enforcing its laws having to do with our precious sovereignty.

If Obama doesn't ruin this country, the illegal alien hellions will.

more here - http://www.760kfmb.com/Global/story.asp?S=12363874

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2010, 08:22:48 PM »

Mr. Obama attacks American Values in my humble opinion.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.