March 28, 2024, 07:34:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bret Michaels rushed into ICU with brain hemorrhage  (Read 31777 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2010, 01:04:26 PM »

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2010, 03:15:34 PM »

http://www.wfmz.com/entertainment/23450150/detail.html
Doctors Discuss Bret Michaels' Condition
Rock Star Suffered Brain Hemorrhage

Posted: 2:40 pm EDT May 4, 2010Updated: 3:04 pm EDT May 4, 2010
Doctors discuss the health status of Bret Michaels after the former Poison frontman suffered a brain hemorrhage nearly two weeks ago.

Health officials from the Barrow Neurological Institute at St. Joseph's Hospital in Arizona will present their findings at a news conference. They have spent all week examining Michaels, stabilizing him, and looking for the cause of his brain hemorrhage.

The 47-year-old glam-rock reality TV star has developed a side effect that causes seizures, according to a statement posted last week on Michaels' website.

The condition, called hyponatremia, stems from a lack of sodium. The statement did not indicate if Michaels had actually suffered any seizures.

Michaels was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes at age 6. He had an emergency appendectomy April 12 after complaining of stomach pains before he was scheduled to perform in San Antonio.

On Donald Trump's competitive reality show, "The Celebrity Apprentice," Michaels has served as one of the season's most outspoken celebrities and has so far avoided being fired in the boardroom.
Before joining the show, Michaels starred in VH1's lusty reality dating series "Rock of Love" for three seasons.
video at link

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2010, 03:18:52 PM »

Live Press Conference    http://www.wfmz.com/video/23449737/index.html

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2010, 03:46:40 PM »

http://www.celebritysmackblog.com/2010/05/04/bret-michaels-press-conference-video/

Bret Michaels press conference scheduled for noon today, 5/4
Bret Michaels’ condition is still improving after suffering a brain hemorrhage a week-and-a-half ago and a press conference will be held at 12:00pm today to learn more.

[ *Video of the press conference will be posted here immediately after it happens.* ]

In the meantime, Bret’s sister told a radio station that her brother is still improving and has even started walking, which is great. Unfortunately Bret is in terrible pain as the blood drains from his brain. Bret’s back in particular has been affected.

Bret’s sister explained that her brother is “definitely doing better and he was starting to walk a little bit. He’s up and moving but it is not going to surprise me if he is still in the ICU on Friday. I think they’re having a problem really getting the bleed. I think there are some issues, that’s why the back pain.

“His speech is not slurred anymore, but he is dealing with a painful recovery. What’s happened is all that blood in his brain is starting to drain and he’s starting to have a lot of back pain. It’s been I can hear it in his voice, I know he’s in a lot of pain.

She added that Bret told her: ” ‘I just want to get out of here.’ He’s so happy that everybody is pulling for him. The fact that he got medical treatment right away, he went immediately and because there is one of the best neurological centers in America there he was very fortunate and I think he will recover quickly and it wouldn’t surprise me to see him back there sooner than most.”

After it happens, we will post video of the scheduled 12:00 pm press conference from the Phoenix, AZ hospital where Bret is being treated. Check back for updates.

It sounded like he is really doing well   

~ Peter Frampton
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2010, 03:55:25 PM »

great news on Bret! sorry that he is in pain. he sounds like he is a fighter though and has a great will to live!

a good friend of mine is in critical care as we speak after suffering the same thing last Monday! or at least it appears to be the same thing.. he had surgery and is recovering but it is slow going, but at least he is improving..went to see him today but he was sleeping so I left him alone. He needs his rest right now. 
thank God for modern medicine!

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2010, 06:19:40 PM »

Doctors: Bret Michaels still very sick but will make 100% recovery
May 4, 4:38 PM   

Poison frontman Bret Michaels has been discharged from the hospital and will make a 100% recovery, his doctors said at a press conference May 4.

"[He's] still very sick right now," Dr. Joseph Zabramski said Tuesday at the Barrow Neurological Institute in Phoenix, where Michaels, 47, had been receiving treatment.

'ONE OF THE LUCKY FEW'

Despite the initial severity of his illness, Bret is now in stable condition and on his way to a full recovery following a brain hemorrhage on April 21.

"Mr. Michaels was indeed a lucky person, a very lucky person," said Dr. Zabramski. Zabramski declined to offer specific details on when exactly Michaels was discharged and where he is receiving further treatment, citing patient confidentiality.

DOCS STILL DON'T KNOW WHAT CAUSED BLEEDING

Surprisingly, Bret's medical team still have no idea what caused the bleeding in the rocker's brain. Doctors performed several angiograms and, fortunately for Michaels, did not find a brain aneurysm.

"Patients who don't have anything identified in their angiograms tend to do well," Dr. Zabramski said. "This is one of those rare instances in medicine where we're actually pleased not to be able to find what caused the problem."

Meanwhile, Bret is able to walk a little, but with great difficulty. "Right now he has severe back pain, and when he tries to walk he gets spasms in his back…and the headaches come back again," said doctors.

Michaels was hospitalized on April 21 after complaining of a severe headache. At the time, he was at his Texas home recovering from a recent surgery to remove his appendix.

Doctors who examined Bret discovered his brain was bleeding and that he suffered a side effect of brain hemorrhage called hyponatremia, which is a lack of sodium in the body that leads to seizures.

BRET IS DIABETIC

Michaels has had Type 1 diabetes for years. On April 19 (3 days before he was rushed to the hospital), he underwent an emergency appendectomy. It's not clear whether his brain and appendix complications were related, but doctors now say his prognosis is good.

"He's improving and I expect him to continue to improve," says Zabramski. "I really expect that he will fortunately make a 100% recovery. He's just one of those lucky people – 10-20% who make a complete recovery and can resume all of their normal activities."

Bret is currently appearing on the reality show Celebrity Apprentice.

http://www.examiner.com/x-14380-Celebrity-Fitness-and-Health-Examiner~y2010m5d4-Bret-Michaels-still-very-sick-but-on-way-to-100-recovery-say-docs

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2010, 08:12:28 PM »

great news !

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2010, 02:25:24 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/WellnessNews/bret-michaels-hemorrhage-felt-gunshot/story?id=10572644

Bret Michaels: Hemorrhage Felt Like a Gunshot
Bret Michaels Opens Up About His Fear of Dying, New Lease on Life

6 comments
By DAN CHILDS, SHEILA MARIKAR and MICHAEL JAMES
May 6, 2010
Out of the hospital and on the mend, rocker and reality-TV star Bret Michaels has opened up about his harrowing battle with a subarachnoid hemorrhage.
"I thought someone had shot me in the back of the head, like a burglar," he told People magazine about the hemorrhage that hit him April 21. "And the pain ... if you can imagine a migraine times 10. I knew I was in trouble. ... I was not going to have my family wake up and see me dead on the living room floor."

Michaels had just spent the day with his girlfriend, Kristi Gibson, and their daughters, Raine, 9, and Jorja, 5. He was terrified of losing them.

"[At the Phoenix hospital] the doctor said, 'Do you have kids? ... I would bring them to the hospital,'" Michaels told People. "And I said in these exact words, 'Am I dying? If I'm dying, I want to see my kids, but if I have a chance, I don't want them to see me in this condition.'"
Now, with a new lease on life, Michaels said he wants to spend more time with the people he loves.

"What I want to do is make a positive bucket list," he said. "There's just so much more that I want to do and experience. [Getting married], for sure, is something I have never done. Kristi's such a great person. We'll see if that happens. But, yes, that may be one of the big things on the list."
Dr. Joseph Zabramski led the team that treated Michaels at Barrow Neurological Institute at St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center in Phoenix for a subarachnoid hemorrhage -- in Michaels' case, a bleed at the base of his brain stem.

Zabramski told People he still doesn't know what caused Michaels' hemorrhage, saying it "occurred for no reason at all."

At a news conference Tuesday, Zabramski said Michaels would continue to receive care outside the hospital because he has yet to fully recover.

"He can walk but he's not walking very well," he said.

Still, that Michaels was able to weather the hemorrhage as well as he did impressed his doctors. The condition, which occurs suddenly, kills 15 percent of its victims before they reach the hospital. Another 20 to 40 percent of sufferers do not survive the resulting complications of the hemorrhage.
Video at link.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2010, 02:28:08 PM »

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2010/05/06/2010-05-06_bret_michaels_considering_marrying_girlfriend_kristi_gibson_after_his_neardeath_.html

Bret Michaels considers marrying girlfriend Kristi Gibson after surviving near-death experience

BY Cristina Everett
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER
Thursday, May 6th 2010, 1:11 PM
After surviving a near-death experience last month, rocker Bret Michaels  has a new look on life and love.

The former Poison frontman says his recent health scare has motivated him to rethink the priorities in his life – with family coming first.

"As painful as this experience has been, I was given a second chance, right? I don't want to sit around every night worrying this is going to happen again," he tells People. "What I want to do is make a positive bucket list and say, 'I'm just gonna go for it.'"

"There's just so much more I want to do and experience," he adds.

On the top of his list? Michaels says he may finally tie the knot with his on-again-off-again girlfriend, Kristi Gibson, who is the mother of his two daughters, Raine, 9, and Jorja, 5.

The couple dated from 1994 to 2005, but reunited after the rocker’s failed attempt at finding love on the VH1 reality TV series, "Rock of Love with Bret Michaels."

"[Getting married], for sure, is something I have never done," he says. "Kristi's such a great person. We'll see if that happens. But yes, that may be one of the big things on the list."

Michaels credits Gibson for getting him to the emergency room after he suffered a brain hemorrhage April 22 at his Scottsdale, Ariz., home. He says the sensation "sounded like a handgun, like it literally popped."

"I knew I was slurring my words, and I was like 'OK, this isn't a headache. There's something really bad happening,'" he says.

He was admitted into a Phoenix hospital and was diagnosed with a subarachnoid hemorrhage, which causes bleeding in the fluid-filled spaces around the base of the brain.

Dr. Joseph Zabramski, chief of cerebrovascular surgery at the Barrow Neurological Institute, has said that it will take another seven to 10 days for Michaels' body to dissolve the blood clot around his brain. It's a painful process called chemical meningitis that brings "severe" back pain and spasms, he said.

Zabramski expects a full recovery for Michaels, who has since been released from the hospital.

"My first goal is to get back [to] 100 percent," the rocker says. "I want to continue to rock the world, and I want to continue to love my family and be a good father."

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2010, 02:33:56 PM »

People Magazine Photo Special.    http://www.people.com/people/gallery/0,,20363801_20775389,00.html#20775406

I love this one.......

DADDY'S GIRLS

"I love that they're free spirits," the musician, here with his children at their Arizona home, told PEOPLE. "And both of them can sing and play really well; they take piano and guitar lessons. It rocks." It was Michaels's love for his family that kept the rocker alive according to Dr. Joseph Zabramski. "[Bret] told me what kept him alive at the moment of the hemorrhage," he said. "was that he did not want his family to wake up and see him lying unconscious in the middle of the floor."

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2010, 02:40:09 PM »

Nut,I'm with you.Yummy!      

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2010, 05:31:55 PM »

Bret Michaels Talks Recovery on Oprah 05/19/2010   
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/vmC8HgcZn-s&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/vmC8HgcZn-s&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1</a>

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2010, 08:04:53 PM »

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/bret-michaels-suffers-a-stroke/41157?nc
Bret Michaels Suffers a Stroke
Us Magazine - 1 hour, 37 minutes ago
Bret Michaels has suffered what doctors call a "warning stroke," or a transient ischemic attack, according to his Web site.

The rocker, 47 -- who is still recovering from a brain hemorrhage -- was "readmitted to the hospital this week after suffering numbness on the left side of his body, predominately his face and hands," according to a statement posted on his site.

PHOTOS: Bret's rockin' days!

While undergoing tests -- including an MRI and CT scan -- doctors also discovered he has a hole in his heart.

The news is "devastating...to Bret and his family," says his neurosurgeon, Dr. Joseph Zabramski. Michaels has two daughters, Raine, 10, and Jorja, 5, with ex girlfriend Kristi Lynn Gibson.

PHOTOS: Biggest moments in reality TV

Continues Dr. Zabramski, "The good news is that it is operable and treatable and we think we may have diagnosed the problem that caused the...warning stroke; however we feel it is highly unlikely this is connected to the brain hemorrhage he suffered just a few weeks earlier. Once again, it is great that he quickly reacted to the severe numbness and got to the hospital immediately."
Dr. Zabramski adds, "I realize Bret wants to make a full recovery so that he can be active with his family, attempt to attend the finale of Celebrity Apprentice and especially get back on the road to continue making music. Without a doubt he is very determined to get healthy and make a 100 percent recovery.

"Medically speaking it is a fantastic attitude both mentally and physically for him to have. However, Bret's brain and body are not quite 100 percent yet, especially with the hole found in his heart."
Says his rep Janna Elias, "Bret wants everyone to know he cannot thank you enough for all of the well wishes, prayers and good vibes you have sent his way. Even though these last few months have been tough on him and his family, especially this most recent setback, he is in good spirits, great medical hands and is positive and hopeful that everything is going to be OK. He is up, walking, talking, continuing his daily rehab and very happy to be alive but he has made it clear he is sick and tired of being in the hospital and is ready to rock again."

VIDEO: Bret explains his recovery on Oprah  http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylt=ArbFyqLgq9VRBeqp21lnZNp7pxx.;_ylv=0/SIG=13nv9t1qe/**http%3A//www.usmagazine.com/celebritynews/news/see-how-bret-michaels-has-recovered-from-his-brain-hemorrhage-2010195

~ Peter Frampton
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2010, 09:12:54 PM »

I sure hope this guy recovers...He seems like he is truly a nice person. He loves his little girls so much. I hope that they will not have to grow up without their father...
praying for ya Bret!

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2010, 09:31:49 PM »

posted 15 mins ago - http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/37264009/ns/today-entertainment/

Bret Michaels
has suffered what doctors call a "warning stroke," or a transient ischemic attack, according to his Web site.

The rocker, 47 — who is still recovering from a brain hemorrhage — was "readmitted to the hospital this week after suffering numbness on the left side of his body, predominately his face and hands," according to a statement posted on his site.

While undergoing tests — including an MRI and CT scan — doctors also discovered he has a hole in his heart. The news is "devastating...to Bret and his family," says his neurosurgeon, Dr. Joseph Zabramski. Michaels has two daughters, Raine, 10, and Jorja, 5, with ex girlfriend Kristi Lynn Gibson.

Continues Dr. Zabramski, "The good news is that it is operable and treatable and we think we may have diagnosed the problem that caused the...warning stroke; however we feel it is highly unlikely this is connected to the brain hemorrhage he suffered just a few weeks earlier. Once again, it is great that he quickly reacted to the severe numbness and got to the hospital immediately."

Dr. Zabramski adds, "I realize Bret wants to make a full recovery so that he can be active with his family, attempt to attend the finale of Celebrity Apprentice and especially get back on the road to continue making music. Without a doubt he is very determined to get healthy and make a 100 percent recovery.

"Medically speaking it is a fantastic attitude both mentally and physically for him to have. However, Bret's brain and body are not quite 100 percent yet, especially with the hole found in his heart."

Read more: http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/37264009/ns/today-entertainment/#ixzz0oWLYoqi4

---
First if this story above is truthful and correct - HOW could they " Just find" that Bret has a hole in his heart?? I am not buying it. NOT for a second. He has billions of dollars and has had the best of the best Doctors on his side. Well now that I think of it, its quite possible that he is no different than anyone of us - as patient.  Gasp.   
If the Media and Donald Trump would respect Bret - they would allow him to heal and not force him back into " the SHOW" ..for ratings .. Maybe Bret then would think twice, and not feel pressured ..and Heal on his own. For now he is " Rented" and his lease on life pending.
I wish they would just all drop it and allow BRET to be the Human being he is -a very unhealthy man. And for him to be able to focus on his health/life and daughters. Main Stream Media will love the Ratings more of Bret's Death .. if he does survive this. Bret does not deserve this. 
They/Media can yap on of his boss so to say " Donald Trump" ..and listen to Donald say .. He was a Brilliant Young Man, musician etc ... whatever. Donald should have postponed the show - flat out, if , Bret was that important for the ratings.
What about Bret's life, His daughters, his personal family and friends. Oh I forgot, him healthy and walking about is nothing but dull ratings ..Much better if he is on his death bed and or crashing ... for Donald Trump. 
If he was not on Celebrity Apprentice right now. He would have remained in the hospital. I am sure Bret signed a contract with Trump and has to comply with it - always comes down to money and attorneys.

I would love all the Suits and briefcases to have to look into Bret's little Girls Eyes and say - You Daddy did all this for you Bret is not a stupid man. I have a feeling that he pushed himself way too hard within his slight recovery - so he could finish what he was contracted to do. 

If Bret does not recover from this, the Media is going to relish his demise/death and go on for months of his " hard work/his VH1 come back/ His celebrity apprentice/ his etc..
But for his Daughters their life will forever be changed. And it could so have been prevented if Bret was allowed to stay in care within and have a year or more to recover within his own privacy.

I pray he is going to come out of this and not be permanently damaged. I still can't help but think that he was pushed back into everything way before he was ready. Not by choice either.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/2SGQcSAxb8w&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/2SGQcSAxb8w&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0</a>

We need a Cowboy Hat wearing Monkey ~ Bret 

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2010, 06:56:31 AM »

http://media-newswire.com/release_1119249.html

(Media-Newswire.com) - Rock star Bret Michaels has returned to the hospital this week after complaining of a numb feeling in his face and left side.  Bret Michaels had just been released after a severe brain hemhorrage landed the Poison frontman in the hospital for several weeks.

The new diagnosis for Michaels is that ultrasound has found that he has a hole in his heart.  The numbness the singer felt was somewhat of a warning sign for the possibility of a stroke.

The hole in the heart reportedly can be closed with a procedure but adds to the list of several major ailments for the 47 year old star.

Michaels is scheduled to compete in the finale of the Celebrity Apprentice reality show that was created by Donald Trump.  Michaels will face off against Holly Robinson Peete for the top spot in the reality show.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2010, 01:15:54 PM »

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b182277_bret_michaels_discharged_from_hospital.html
 Bret Michaels Discharged From Hospital, Ready for Apprentice  After Heart-Wrenching Setback

Today 9:23 AM PDT by Gina Serpe

Bret Michaels is once again ready to rock—slowly, under doctors' supervision and with great care.

Michaels has been released from the hospital after his surprise re-admission this week after suffering a "warning stroke" in the midst of his recovery for a brain hemorrhage.

The Poison frontman is currently receiving outpatient care. So now that we know Michaels is all right, what does this mean for his appearance on Sunday's Celebrity Apprentice finale?

Nothing. If you don't know by now, Michaels is a fighter.

If a near-fatal experience didn't stop him from wanting to carry out the season, the doctors' recent terrifying-to-non-rock-god-mortals discovery of finding a hole in his heart this week won't.

A rep tells E! News that Michaels will indeed appear as planned on this weekend's live finale. You really can't keep a good rocker down.

Follow @eonline on Twitter!

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2010, 10:25:47 AM »

http://**/celebrities/ci_15150491?nclick_check=1
Michaels says he's not 100 percent healthy yet
The Associated Press
Posted: 05/24/2010 07:14:50 AM PDT
Updated: 05/24/2010 07:15:02 AM PDT

NEW YORK—Bret Michaels says he's not 100 percent healthy yet but is looking forward to going back on the road and performing.

Despite life-threatening illness, the 47-year-old rocker appeared on the season finale of "The Celebrity Apprentice" on Sunday night and was rewarded with $250,000 for charity.

The Poison frontman's appearance had been in question after he suffered a brain hemorrhage in April and was hospitalized recently after what doctors called a warning stroke. He faces surgery for a hole in his heart.

In an appearance Monday on NBC's "Today" show, Michaels says that he's not back "100 percent yet" but that he's going "to do a show and see how it goes."

He says "I'm ready to rock and we'll see what happens."

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2010, 10:28:04 AM »

http://newsroom.mtv.com/2010/05/24/celebrity-apprentice-recap-2010-winner-bret-michaels/
 'The Celebrity Apprentice' Recap: Bret Michaels Wins   

Posted 2 hrs ago by Kyle Anderson in Television

While most of the television-watching audience was trying to parse out whatever was happening during the finale of "Lost" on Sunday night (when was the last time you had a memory in the third person?), the real drama was going down a few clicks away on the season finale of "The Celebrity Apprentice." In a dramatic two hours of rapid-fire reality TV, Bret Michaels and Holly Robinson Peete squared off in an epic duel that ended not only with Michaels' amazing recovery but also with his Snapple-fueled victory.

Most people would assume that Michaels' victory was simply a feel-good move by Donald Trump in order to provide a fitting end to what has been a great story that has accidentally incorporated the Poison frontman's real-life health struggles. While Michaels seemed to be perfectly healthy on the live portions of Sunday night's (May 23) episode, he was still in the hospital and in relatively ill health as late as Thursday of last week. But Michaels' win was also because he simply did better in the challenge, out-dueling his opponent in just about every aspect the Snapple executives cared about (Michaels' commercial, featuring former baseball great Darryl Strawberry wearing a beret and talking about pears, was especially excellent). Holly didn't even seem that upset in the very professional boardroom scene, as though she knew that Michaels' had outdone her (though you had to feel a little sad that her daughter was rooting for Bret and not for her).
Of course, the competition was just one aspect of last night's show. The finale brought back all of the already-fired contestants (well, except for Sharon Osbourne and Bill Goldberg, whose absences were not explained at all), which reminded everybody why this season was so incredibly entertaining in the first place. Cyndi Lauper rolled around on a desk for reasons that nobody could quite figure out, and even though he didn't say much of anything, Rod Blagojevich managed to look like he didn't know where he was or what was going on (which is exactly what made him charming in the first place). And look! There's Sinbad!

In the end, this season of "The Celebrity Apprentice" stood tall as one of the most surprising series of the television season. Though the two hour length was often punishing (even the finale felt just a touch soggy), it brought together some incredible personalities and put them in usually silly situations. And it also solidified Michaels' as one of the finest stars of the celebrity genre (which, in 2010 terms, is about the equivalent of being the best hair metal frontman).

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2010, 10:58:20 AM »

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/entertainment/post/2010/05/bret-michaels-to-have-heart-surgery-in-fall-/1
May 25, 2010
Bret Michaels to have heart surgery in fall
Bret Michaels isn't out of the woods yet, by any means.

The happy rocker, who was "hired" by Donald Trump on Sunday night and named winner of Celebrity Apprentice, tells Access Hollywood he'll have surgery in the fall to repair the hole in his heart.

"What they'll do is they'll go in and they'll do the heart operation in the fall," Michaels says. "They have to let everything clear out and then they'll go in and do the operation in my heart and then I'm gonna be great. I don't have any other options except to think that it's gonna be great, it's gonna be a smooth operation and I'm gonna feel awesome."
On his site yesterday, Bret posted a little note saying he's still planning to kick off his tour in Biloxi on Friday:

With all of my heart, soul and the remaining organs I have left (lol) I would like to thank each and every one of you for all of your support and awesomeness. All the good vibes and well wishes gave me the strength to go back to New York and win Celebrity Apprentice. I am not at 100% yet but I have every intention of trying to continue the tour starting Friday in Biloxi. I hope to see your rockin rollin, smiling faces on the road� that is the best medicine I can think of right now. You rock my world.

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.