April 19, 2024, 12:06:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bret Michaels rushed into ICU with brain hemorrhage  (Read 31845 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2010, 11:02:20 AM »

Bret Michaels talks about being close to death on Regis Philbin  05/26/2010
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/aw9xJG2FBeA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/aw9xJG2FBeA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;border=1</a>

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2010, 04:18:36 AM »

I am so glad that Bret is surviving - And his health is Hopeful.

He's a good brother.   

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2010, 09:02:44 AM »

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2010/05/27/2010-05-27_american_idol_bret_michaels_surprise_performance_was_against_doctors_orders.html

Bret Michaels on 'American Idol': Rocker didn't tell docs, family about his 'Every Rose' performance
By Anthony Benigno
Daily News Writer
Thursday, May 27th 2010, 10:07 AM

Call him Dr. Feelgood.

When Bret Michaels took the stage at the "American Idol" finale Wednesday night, it was a surprise for everyone – especially his family and doctor.

"The doctors, I didn't tell them I was going to do this," Michaels, 47, told UsMagazine.com. "They're going to find out in a few minutes."

The death-defying Poison frontman has faced a slew of serious health problems recently, beginning with a brain hemorrhage in April (which the rocker jokes was the result of a lethal bout of channel-surfing between ESPN and – wait for it – "Busty Cops 3") and a "warning stroke" that occurred during his recovery. During recent tests at the hospital, doctors also discovered a hole in his heart.

Nevertheless, Michaels was back on his feet last week in time to claim the "Celebrity Apprentice" championship in New York. And despite doctors' orders, he braved a second public appearance last night, this time on one of music's biggest stages.

Michaels and Casey Jones sang 'Every Rose Has Its Thorn' during the 'Idol' finale. CLICK HERE FOR MORE OF THE SHOW'S MOST MEMORABLE MOMENTS

Despite experiencing "a lot of pain," Michaels looked happy and vibrant as he appeared on stage alongside "Idol" contestant Casey Jones to sing Poison's hit "Every Rose Has Its Thorn."

"I'm running about 75 percent realistically, physically," he told the mag, "but in my soul and my heart, I feel great."

Still, Michaels isn't resigned to bedrest just yet. Provided he recovers fully enough, he'll be right back on the road.

In addition to several solo shows, Michaels is scheduled to open for Lynyrd Skynyrd during a month-long tour, beginning June 10th in West Palm Beach, according to the rocker's official Web site.

For Michaels, however, the road to recovery truly began with the "Idol" performance – his first since his health scares began last month.

"I needed to do this tonight, just to come here," he said. "This was good for my soul."
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/jlk97hb6xq0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/jlk97hb6xq0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;border=1</a>

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2010, 08:51:52 AM »

http://blog.al.com/entertainment-times/2010/06/bret_michaels_rocks_out_in_hun.html
Bret Michaels rocks out in Huntsville [photo gallery]
Published: Thursday, June 17, 2010, 12:23 AM     Updated: Thursday, June 17, 2010, 12:48 AM

HUNTSVILLE, AL -- Despite a slew of recent medical issues, Poison frontman Bret Michaels managed to bring his best rock 'n' roll to Sammy T's tonight.

A month or so ago, nobody was predicting he'd make tonight's show, and some wondered if he might make it, period.
In April, Michaels had an emergency appendectomy, then a few days later, a brain hemorrhage. During his 10-day recovery, he also had a warning stroke and doctors discovered a hole in his heart.
Wow, that's a lot to handle.

Of course, there's also been a lot to cheer about. Besides just recovering and walking out of the hospital, Michaels also won "The Celebrity Apprentice," beating out actress Holly Robinson Peete and scoring $250,000 for the American Diabetes Association. Michaels has been a diabetic since the age of 6.

He also surprised many people by appearing on the finale of "American Idol," singing Poison's hit "Every Rose Has Its Thorn." When he's not touring solo, Michaels is fronting the '80s group Poison.

In addition to several solo shows like the one here a part of his "Custom Built" tour, Michaels is opening several shows for Lynyrd Skynyrd, including one in Birmingham the day after he plays here. He's also been mentioned as a successor to Simon Cowell on next season's "American Idol" and plans to release a new solo album, "Custom Built," on July 6.
So much for slowing down. "As soon as I ever start to just go through the motions I'll quit," Michaels said on his website. He also posted this personal note:

"With all of my heart, soul and the remaining organs I have left (lol) I would like to thank each and every one of you for all of your support and awesomeness. All the good vibes and well wishes gave me the strength to go back to New York and win 'Celebrity Apprentice.' I am not at 100 percent yet but I have every intention of trying to continue the tour starting Friday (May 28) in Biloxi. I hope to see your rockin', rollin', smiling faces on the road. That is the best medicine I can think of right now. You rock my world."

As a member of Poison for the last 20 years, Michaels has helped the group sell more than 25 million albums. He's had 15 Top 40 hits, including, "Talk Dirty to Me," "Something to Believe In" and "Nothing but a Good Time," won a 2008 BMI Award for "Go That Far," and had the highest rated series on VH1 with "Rock of Love."

Slide show at link

~ Peter Frampton
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2012, 10:09:16 AM »

http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=728442
Bret Michaels settles with Tony Awards over 2009 stage accident
By Tim Kenneally
TheWrap
May 14, 2012

Our long national nightmare is over: Bret Michaels has made peace with the Tony Awards.

The Poison rocker has settled his lawsuit against the Tonys, over the injury he suffered while performing at the 2009 Tony Awards. The terms of the settlement will not be made public.
 ::snipping2::
Michaels filed the suit last March, naming the Tony Awards and CBS, which broadcast the awards ceremony.

The 49-year-old was struck in the head by a descending set piece after completing the song "Nothin' But a Good Time" with the "Rock of Ages" cast at the Tonys. The lawsuit alleged that the injury may have been responsible for the subarachnoid hemorrhage he suffered in 2010.

"One of the most common causes of this type of hemorrhage is head trauma -- exactly like the one Michaels suffered at the hands of the Tony Awards," the suit read.

::snipping2::

http://youtu.be/2dA-AL90_RE
Bret Michaels Gets "Dropped" at Tony Awards

« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 10:13:03 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: « 1 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.