April 18, 2024, 05:05:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Erik Lippman 30 yo man with autism from Santa Cruz 4/21/10 (Body Found)  (Read 12809 times)
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: April 24, 2010, 04:28:39 AM »

http://**/ci_14940667?IADID=Search-**-**

Search continues for missing autistic man from Santa Cruz
By Cathy Kelly
Posted: 04/22/2010 07:47:06 PM PDT

SANTA CRUZ - The mother of a 30-year-old autistic man who walked away from a supportive living home in the 1200 block of Seabright Avenue about 2 a.m. Wednesday issued an appeal and more information Thursday in hopes of finding her son, Erik Lippmann.

Alpha Rateike, a retired teacher who lives in Santa Cruz, said Lippmann was believed to be wearing a black T-shirt with a white and blue "Kingdom Hearts" logo on it. He also wore jeans, brown sandals with a Velcro strap and a gold-colored watch.

Lippmann walks very fast and straight, without glancing sideways, she said.

He has never been violent, but is not sociable, Rateike said. He might not respond to a question, or might say he's fine or tired of talking, she said. Questions containing an option of a yes-or-no answer work better for him, she said.

Lippmann likes to hike and might be in park or beach, she said. He might sleep outside until late morning , she added.

He likes downtown Santa Cruz and the Capitola Mall, and typically shops at Bookshop Santa Cruz, Borders, Pizza My Heart, Game Stop, the Dollar & Gift Shopper and Hot Topic.

Lippmann moved from Ukiah to the Seabright area about 2 1/2 years ago, she said.

"If people see him, please call police," she said. "Maybe they could follow him with their cell phone. He's a good kid. I'm just hoping and praying." A Facebook page has been created for the search, under "Missing Person."

Police are continuing their search and ask anyone who spots Lippmann to call 911.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 04:32:11 AM »

http://**/ci_14947350

Search intensifies for missing autistic man from Santa Cruz
By Cathy Kelly - Santa Cruz Sentinel
Posted: 04/23/2010 07:47:30 PM PDT

SANTA CRUZ - More than 40 members of the Sheriff's Office Search and Rescue Team and others combed county beaches and parks Friday for an autistic man missing from his Seabright home since early Wednesday, Santa Cruz police said.

Credible sightings of Erik Lippmann, 30, were received in Live Oak and later in Aptos Friday, Lt. Rick Martinez said.

Authorities believe he might have continued southward, but ask that everyone be on the lookout and call 911 right away if the they spot him.

Lippmann tends to walk very fast while looking straight ahead and he enjoys hiking.

He is believed to have been wearing a black T-shirt with a white and blue "Kingdom Hearts" logo on it, jeans and a gold-colored watch. He also wore jeans, brown sandals with a Velcro strap and a gold-colored watch.

Lippmann might not be communicative, but is not violent, officials said.

Searchers used several vehicles, including a helicopter, Martinez said.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 04:35:19 AM »

http://**/ci_14947350

Search intensifies for missing autistic man from Santa Cruz
By Cathy Kelly - Santa Cruz Sentinel
Posted: 04/23/2010 07:47:30 PM PDT

SANTA CRUZ - More than 40 members of the Sheriff's Office Search and Rescue Team and others combed county beaches and parks Friday for an autistic man missing from his Seabright home since early Wednesday, Santa Cruz police said.

Credible sightings of Erik Lippmann, 30, were received in Live Oak and later in Aptos Friday, Lt. Rick Martinez said.

Authorities believe he might have continued southward, but ask that everyone be on the lookout and call 911 right away if the they spot him.

Lippmann tends to walk very fast while looking straight ahead and he enjoys hiking.

He is believed to have been wearing a black T-shirt with a white and blue "Kingdom Hearts" logo on it, jeans and a gold-colored watch. He also wore jeans, brown sandals with a Velcro strap and a gold-colored watch.

Lippmann might not be communicative, but is not violent, officials said.

Searchers used several vehicles, including a helicopter, Martinez said.

From Comments:

If you would like to participate in the search for Erik, please email Raquel at: raquelcherylcool@gmail.com
thanks!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 04:42:42 AM »

Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=119879331357024&ref=ts

MISSING PERSON: Have you seen Erik? Please call 911

Basic Info

Name:
    MISSING PERSON: Have you seen Erik? Please call 911
Category:
    Organizations - General
Description:
    Erik was last seen on 4/21/10 at 2:00 am in his Santa Cruz off Seabright and Broadway. He is wearing jeans, sandals, and a black short sleeved t-shirt with a "Kingdom Hearts" logo on it. Erik is autistic and may not respond when spoken to. If you see him, please call 911.

Frequently asked questions:

Q: How can I help?
    A: Three ways: (1) Join our search team. We assign search areas based on tips & what we know about Erik; volunteers pass out flyers and talk to people about keeping their eyes open for him. Contact Raquel to assist: Email: raquelcherylcool@gmail.com Cell phone: 786-877-5937. (2) Join, post, and help promote this facebook page -- the police recommended that we keep this page active so that everyone keeps LOOKING!! (3) Know any local groups, email listings, or media outlets that could get involved? Erik's mother may be available for interviews. Contact Raquel to set this up.

Q: Can I print my own flyer?
    A: Yes, please do. Download and print from this link: http://tinyurl.com/24ev5qe

Q: Can you give me information about Erik's appearance and mannerisms that would help me identify him?
    A: Erik walks VERY quickly, with a pace just short of a jog. He keeps his eyes focused on the ground and does not make much eye contact. He takes very particular paths and does not like to return using the same path that he used to arrive (dead-ends can make him nervous). He sometimes walks back and forth which may seem like "pacing." He will sometimes sit in a chair and get up immediately. Staff use the prompt "shoulder" (i.e. "Stay by my shoulder, Erik") to get them to stay by his side.

Q: Can Erik talk?
    A: Erik is capable of speaking but does not like to, so he must be prompted to "use his words." When he is feeling overstimulated, he will repeat "I don't know" or "I'm fine." He is capable of initiating contact with others, but generally does not.

Q: What other parts of town does he like?
    A: Erik likes to visit the game shops and Borders in the Capitola Mall. He likes other stores like Best Buy, Staples, Pizza My Heart, and Bookshop Santa Cruz (Children's Section). Erik also LOVES camping and hiking in Harvey West, DeLaveaga, Oceanside Park, Arana Gulch, Henry Cowell, Sunset Beach, Frederick St Park, and going on walks on the beach (mostly in Santa Cruz). (read less)
    Erik was last seen on 4/21/10 at 2:00 am in his Santa Cruz off Seabright and Broadway. He is wearing jeans, sandals, and a black short sleeved t-shirt with a "Kingdom Hearts" logo on it. Erik is autistic and may not respond when spoken to. If you see him, please call 911.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 04:55:10 AM »

http://www.kcba.com/Global/story.asp?S=12361505

Police Agencies Search For Missing Santa Cruz Man
Posted: Apr 23, 2010 1:38 AM EDT Updated: Apr 23, 2010 2:40 AM EDT
video at link

SANTA CRUZ, Calif. - It's been two days since Erik Lippmann's disappearance on the 1200 block of Seabright Avenue.  Now police are taking the search one step further.  They got a tip Lippmann was seen at the area of Morrissey and Soquel. Thursday night, the Santa Cruz Police Department, Sheriffs Department, and Search And Rescue Teams came together to come up with a plan of action.

"It's a long shot, but we're basically putting every resource we can to play on this.  I mean we owe it to the mother and darkness is falling on us again on night number 2," said Lieutenant Rick Martinez with Santa Cruz Police.

Teams geared up and split into groups before night fall, combing through every area in the city.  They're checking places Lippmann likes to go to, but are extending their search even further.

"We're looking at parks, open spaces, levees, gullies, all the areas on the east side that you typically walk on foot.  The Search and Rescue Teams are utilizing mountain bikes, motorcycles, vehicles, they're also checking surface streets," said Lieutenant Martinez.

Meanwhile, Lippmann's mom Alpha Rateike is staying positive about the search.

"Nervous, but it's I know I need to keep it under control and I know that a lot of people are doing a terrific job out there trying to find him," said Alpha Rateike.

As she fights back tears, she says the only thing she wants right now is.

"Finding him, I mean he can be anywhere," said Rateike.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 05:10:14 AM »

Kingdom Hearts Logo:

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2010, 05:21:09 AM »

http://www.ageofautism.com/2010/04/autism-and-missing-3-or-30-were-concerned-erik-lippman-santa-cruz-ca.html

Age of Autism
Daily Web Newspaper of the Autism Epidemic[/b]
April 22, 2010

Autism and Missing? 3 or 30, We're Concerned. Erik Lippmann, Santa Cruz, CA

I often think back to the book, I'll Love You Forever, when I look at my girls. I used to sing to them, "I'll love you forever. I'l like you for always. As long as I'm living my baby you'll be." Little did I know that those words would have a sharper, more poignant meaning than I ever expected.

Erik Lippmann, age 30, autism, is missing from his home in Santa Cruz. He is someone's baby. It's been a tough month for missing people with autism. The ending isn't always happy. If you have info to help find Erik, please alert the Santa Cruz police. KS

Autistic Man Missing From Santa Cruz; Police Use New Alert System

SANTA CRUZ, Calif. - Santa Cruz Police is using a new tool to quickly get information out to the community.  It's an online system called Nixle; people can receive alerts on their phone or computer.

"We try to use that sparingly just for major incidents such as this and unfortunately the woman who went missing a couple weeks ago because it allows people to get the information on their cell phone, and if they're driving, they see the photo on their cell phone they can actually alert us immediately," said Zach Friend, Santa Cruz Police.

One of the major alerts that went out today is a missing autistic 30-year-old.  Erik Lippmann was last seen around 2 am Wednesday morning in the 1200 block of Seabright Avenue.  Officers sent an alert through Nixle shortly after he was reported missing.

"We're pretty concerned.  The weather is kind of cold and usually the first 24 to 48 hours are the key for missing people.  So we tried to put out as much information as we could to regional law enforcement as well through our email system to hopefully locate him and bring him back safely to his family." friend

So far Santa Cruz Police have about 1,000 subscribers in the city alone.

"It has been very helpful.  We've received a lot of positive feedback from it and it's simply just an easy way for the public to stay in touch with us on a real time basis."

Police are hoping today's quick alert will bring Lippmann back home safely.

SANTA CRUZ, Calif- Police are seeking your help in locating a missing "at risk" person.  30 year-old Erik Lippmann was last seen in the 1200 block of Seabright Avenue around 2 AM Wednesday.

Lippmann is an autistic adult who is known to visit the Capitola Mall and Pacific Avenue. He may be wearing a t-shirt with cartoon characters on it, pants and slip-on shoes.

Erik Lippmann
30 years-old
5'07"
152 lbs.
Hazel Eyes - Brown Hair -

If you have information that can assist in helping to safely locate Lippmann please call 911.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 05:26:45 AM by Bearlyhere » Logged

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2010, 06:08:41 AM »

http://**/ci_14940667?IADID=Search-**-**

Search continues for missing autistic man from Santa Cruz
By Cathy Kelly
Posted: 04/22/2010 07:47:06 PM PDT

SANTA CRUZ - The mother of a 30-year-old autistic man who walked away from a supportive living home in the 1200 block of Seabright Avenue about 2 a.m. Wednesday issued an appeal and more information Thursday in hopes of finding her son, Erik Lippmann.

Alpha Rateike, a retired teacher who lives in Santa Cruz, said Lippmann was believed to be wearing a black T-shirt with a white and blue "Kingdom Hearts" logo on it. He also wore jeans, brown sandals with a Velcro strap and a gold-colored watch.

Lippmann walks very fast and straight, without glancing sideways, she said.

He has never been violent, but is not sociable, Rateike said. He might not respond to a question, or might say he's fine or tired of talking, she said. Questions containing an option of a yes-or-no answer work better for him, she said.

Lippmann likes to hike and might be in park or beach, she said. He might sleep outside until late morning , she added.

He likes downtown Santa Cruz and the Capitola Mall, and typically shops at Bookshop Santa Cruz, Borders, Pizza My Heart, Game Stop, the Dollar & Gift Shopper and Hot Topic.

Lippmann moved from Ukiah to the Seabright area about 2 1/2 years ago, she said.

"If people see him, please call police," she said. "Maybe they could follow him with their cell phone. He's a good kid. I'm just hoping and praying." A Facebook page has been created for the search, under "Missing Person."

Police are continuing their search and ask anyone who spots Lippmann to call 911.

Comments:

I am one of Erik's aides. Volunteers have been searching along with the scpd and the search and rescue team. I too agree that dogs should be put into the search and could be very helpful in finding Erik. PLEASE, if anyone can help, email Raquel Cool at: raquelcherylcool@gmail.com. She is organizing search groups and your help would be so amazing. Call 911 right away if you spot Erik or know of any LEADS TO HIS WHEREABOUTS. Erik loves to walk and is a FAST walker. He is on his own path and will not stop unless something catches his eye which is not often. He is verbal, but does not like speaking other than saying his key phrases. That is why if you do spot him, call 911 and try your best to keep an eye on him until law enforcement arrives. Erik is gentle and will do no harm. Lets find him!! Its been way too long since he has been last seen.

I believe in miracles!
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2010, 04:48:37 PM »

Thanks for posting all of this..
I do live in this area of the world and he should have been found by now.

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2010, 08:00:41 PM »

Thanks for posting all of this..
I do live in this area of the world and he should have been found by now.

You're welcome.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2010, 08:03:30 PM »

From his facebook page:

Raquel Cool  Search packet available here: http://tinyurl.com/2abtgtv
Email raquelcherylcool@gmail.com to have a search area assigned to you. Thank you.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2010, 01:07:48 AM »

From his facebook page:

Sara Snyder Hansen 
KEEP the ENERGY up ... We gotta find ERIK!!!! Let's not lose HOPE or MOMENTUM ... DON'T give up now ... Hand out a flyer and tell people to pass it along ....

I believe in miracles!
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2010, 07:00:24 PM »

Today marks the fifth day ..

I Printed the pdf file and posted flyer's this morning.
Then I went to his home and drove around for a few hours in various directions.. I drove down the baechline towards Monterey.. I can walk from Santa Cruz to Monterey in a day.
This family and volunteers have posted BIG boards on most all freeway exits and I drove the backroads around moss landing..
nothing..

hmmm
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2010, 07:01:16 PM »

http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2010/04/25/18645676.php
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2010, 01:38:12 AM »

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2010, 01:56:52 PM »

http://**/localnews/ci_14965706
Cops and Courts: April 27, 2010
Posted: 04/27/2010 01:30:20 AM PDT

SANTA CRUZ

Search continues for missing man

Friends and police continue to search for an autistic Santa Cruz man reported missing from his Seabright home early Wednesday.

Erik Lippmann, 30, has possibly been spotted at beaches and in Live Oak and Aptos. Friday, Sheriff's Office Search and Rescue Team and others combed county beaches and parks but did not find the man.

Friends have set up a Facebook page, "MISSING PERSON: Have you seen Erik? Please call 911," -- www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=119879331357024&;amp;ref=ts -- about Lippmann where people have posted possible sightings as well as where they're searching. Lippmann likes to walk outdoors, so the search has focused on beaches and forested parks, like DeLaveaga and Arana Gulch in Santa Cruz.

Lippmann was possibly wearing jeans, sandals and a black short-sleeved T-shirt with a "Kingdom Hearts" logo on it. He may not respond if spoken to and people should call 911 if they see him.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2010, 03:19:58 PM »

Today marks the fifth day ..

I Printed the pdf file and posted flyer's this morning.
Then I went to his home and drove around for a few hours in various directions.. I drove down the baechline towards Monterey.. I can walk from Santa Cruz to Monterey in a day.
This family and volunteers have posted BIG boards on most all freeway exits and I drove the backroads around moss landing..
nothing..

hmmm

Thank you, Edward!

I believe in miracles!
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2010, 05:35:21 PM »

Oh gosh I pray they find him soon. Edward so glad you are looking for him, thank you.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2010, 10:11:27 PM »

Oh gosh I pray they find him soon. Edward so glad you are looking for him, thank you.

I was checking in to see if there was any news or updates on the search for Erik.  Hoping and praying he's found soon. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2010, 10:29:35 PM »

Is it thought he left and coudn't find his way home? It seems odd to me he would choose to stay away only because the need for routine and sameness. Life on the streets is not exactly filled with "sameness".  I would check into the conditions in the home he was in, maybe something there was making him uncomfortable.

Wow santa cruz is not the safest places on earth.

Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.