April 26, 2024, 01:50:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rachael Anderson, missing 4/16/10, Clarkston WA  (Read 20927 times)
AmandaReckonwith
Scared Monkey

« on: April 25, 2010, 10:38:51 AM »

Rachael Anderson was reported missing by her daughters (Amber and Ashley) 4/19/10 after she failed to show up for work.

She lives in Clarkston WA on the Idaho border, was last seen in Moscow ID on 4/16/10.

Daughters report that she has been stalked and harrased for the past 3 months. Her vehicle has been vandalized with smashed windows and slashed tires.

Rachael was afraid for her life.

Facebook set up by daughter:
 http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=116680731683607

Case archive album:
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Rachael%20Anderson/?start=40

Latest: http://www.klewtv.com/news/local/91967139.html

Some news can be found at KLEWtv.com, Lewiston ID

Saved pictures and vids from lots of cases:

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/
AmandaReckonwith
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 10:56:07 AM »

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 07:21:22 PM »

The daughter needs to give more specific information on WHO was being violent to her mom.
AmandaReckonwith
Scared Monkey

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 09:37:40 PM »

The family and the police have not named names yet.

But she is estranged from husband Charles Anthony Capone. It was his business they issued a search warrant for a few days ago, In Moscow ID, Palouse Multiple Services.
Car wash, car repair place.
Apparently he was fixing her car since she had run out of resources.

This case straddles the border of Idaho and Washington. She lives in Clarkston WA which is twin-city to Lewiston ID (where her phone pinged but has not been found)

She is listed as Registered Agent for the business (LLC) in Moscow ID 30-35 miles north.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 01:29:37 AM »

From the facebook...Ashley is her daughter:

Ashley Colbert  The next 6 comments is the story of my mothers dissapearence so please read it and spread the word we miss her dearly and would like all of your help bringing her home
8 hours ago · View Feedback (5)Hide Feedback (5) · Report

Ashley Colbert
Ashley Colbert Rachael Anderson is a mother, grandmother, aunt, sister, friend and one who brightened everyone’s day. My name is Ashley Colbert, and myself and my sister Amber Griswold are searching for our missing mother, Rachael Anderson of Clarkston, Washington, who is missing under suspicious circumstances. My mother also two son...s ages 6 and 11. She is a grandmother of four grandchildren ages 5, 4, 2, and 16 months. Rachael is a 40 year old white female, 5’ 4”, 120lbs. My mother was last seen In Moscow, Idaho on Friday, April 16, 2010. My sister and I reported her missing on Monday, April 19th after she failed to make it to work and we were unable to contact her. This type of behavior is very uncharacteristic of our mother.
See More
8 hours ago · Report

Ashley Colbert
Ashley Colbert The past three months have been a nightmare for her. She was a victim of stalking and feared for her life. The stalking compelled her to sleep in the living room of her home with the lights on instead sleeping in her own bedroom. Many times she would have a friend stay over with her because she was so scared.
8 hours ago · Report

Ashley Colbert
Ashley Colbert The stalking began three months ago with phone calls. At first with the phone calls, no one would respond. The phone calls progressed into music playing in the background, that was muffled, and no one would speak on the phone. Then she started getting phone calls from various telephone numbers with disguised voices. Th...e disguised voices would tell her what she was doing, what specific lights were on in her home, as if every move she made was being watched.
See More
8 hours ago · Report

Ashley Colbert
Ashley Colbert During this time my mom had the lock to her shed broken off, eerily men’s cologne was present on her front porch at night, her vehicle tires were slashed in front of her home, and the back windshield of her vehicle was broken in broad daylight at the parking lot of her employer. She had reported this information to law... enforcement as she feared for her life. Multiple police reports were filed and she was working with a police detective with whom she checked in with everyday. On the day that my sister and I reported our mother missing, our mother was supposed to meet with detectives to try and find out who was stalking and harassing her. Interestingly, my mother also had documented information which she was compiling together that is now missing.
See More
8 hours ago · Report

Ashley Colbert
Ashley Colbert With the search for my mother, the vehicle she was last seen driving was located on Wednesday, April 21, 2010. The vehicle was located at a local gas station/bus stop. During the search for my mother, law enforcement has issued search warrants. A building she was last seen in on Friday, April 16th was one of the locati...ons that a search warrant was executed. On Monday, April 26, 2010 the FBI is supposed to become involved with this case.
See More
8 hours ago · Report

Ashley Colbert
Ashley Colbert My mother is a strong, intelligent, vivacious woman who everyone loves and misses dearly. She has two young sons who live with her and are heartbroken by her disappearance. We all need her home safely. Please help us in our search!

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 06:43:34 AM »

Has anyone considered a female as the stalker? After reading Ashley's comments, it doesn't seem to be the modus operandi of a male. A male would usually just grab and go and not go to all this trouble of tormenting her.

Possibly jealous female? Ms. Anderson appears to be a lovely woman, and maybe someone was jealous of her.

The other two possibilities are, of-course, she was abducted by a male, maybe someone she spurned, or someone who admired her from afar. And, she concocted all this and has left on her own. I feel the last option is unrealistic, but it's a possibility none the less.

Anyway, I hope she is found soon.  an angelic monkey

Real life crimes are not movies, however, they often BECOME movies.

Hannibal Lecter: First principles, Clarice. Simplicity. Read Marcus Aurelius. Of each particular thing ask: what is it in itself? What is its nature? What does he do, this man you seek?
Clarice Starling: He kills women...
Hannibal Lecter: No. That is incidental. What is the first and principal thing he does? What needs does he serve by killing?
Clarice Starling: Anger, um, social acceptance, and, huh, sexual frustrations, sir...
Hannibal Lecter: No! He covets. That is his nature. And how do we begin to covet, Clarice? Do we seek out things to covet?[/u] Make an effort to answer now.
Clarice Starling: No. We just...
Hannibal Lecter: No. We begin by coveting what we see every day. Don't you feel eyes moving over your body, Clarice? And don't your eyes seek out the things you want?

+++

Coveting would seem to be the root of torment Ms Anderson suffered prior to vanishing. To me, it takes alot of extra work to make someone so uncomfortable that she sleeps at a friend's, and sometimes in her living room.

Prayers for Ms. Anderson.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2010, 01:52:07 PM »

Covet... To feel blameworthy desire for (that which is another's). ENVY

Interesting..
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2010, 02:12:57 PM »

http://www.klewtv.com/news/local/91874449.html

The search continues for Rachael Anderson

by Stephanie Smith

Originally printed at http://www.klewtv.com/news/local/91874449.html

CLARKSTON - Where is Rachael Anderson? Police, family, friends and much of the Valley want to know.

On Thursday Amber Griswold, one of Rachael's' daughters, talked about her mother and her connection to family.

"She's a mom of four," said Griswold. "She's a great mom. She's always there, very supportive. She is also a grandma. She has grandkids also."

Amber said her mother's disappearance is not a case of someone just leaving town.

"She cares for her family a lot, her family and friends. And she would never walk away," said Griswold.

She said her mother was being harassed and her mother's car vandalized.

"Her tires had just been slashed and I had to help her buy some tires because she had no money left," said Griswold. "Her window had been broken in, a couple other things done to her car. Muffler falling off, when she's driving away, oil pan, just random things like that."

The window on Rachael Anderson's car was broken while at work at St. Joe's. That's why she had a friend's car, a Yukon, when she went missing.

The SUV was found Wednesday afternoon in North Lewiston. Amber Griswold said her mom was also getting strange calls and text messages.

"All through the night, all day constantly," said Griswold. "She had no idea who's doing it, She had no idea where it was coming from. She didn't know who she could trust, who she couldn't."

Police said all indications are that Anderson was last seen in Moscow on Friday.

"Nobody knew actually she was going to Moscow. That was the thing, none of her friends knew," said Griswold. "She had prior plans with another friend in Clarkston and so she wasn't supposed to be in Moscow."

But it wasn't until Monday that family got concerned.

"I didn't even get concerned because Saturday, I had a barbecue and she told me earlier in the week, 'Oh I may not be there, I might be working (because she said she might work on Saturday) or I might be doing some other stuff trying to dig around and trying to figure out who's doing all this,'" said Griswold. "She said she probably wouldn't come, so when she didn't show up I didn't think anything of it and then I got a phone call on Monday saying she didn't show up, and then I knew something was wrong."

Along with posting fliers throughout town, Amber has started a Facebook page to share information. As of Thursday afternoon there were over 2,800 members. With it, she is trying to dispel rumors.

"You know it's kind of hard to say (whether it was random or somebody she knew) because it could be the person supposedly that was stalking her or it could be totally just random chance that it happened to her and it was just someone that was passing through," said Griswold. "We don't know, we don't know at this point. Detective Halley (Asotin Co. Sheriff's Office) said it was okay that I said something about that there might possibly be suspects, but they are not even sure. They just don't have any evidence at this time."

Griswold said there were no signs of a break-in at her mom's Clarkston home.

Police have organized a task force comprised of officers and deputies from various local agencies. The FBI has also been notified but has yet to directly join in on the case.

Lewiston Police said there is security video from the bus stop where the SUV was found. They said they are going through three days worth of video from several different cameras.

If you have any information about Rachael Anderson or saw the GMC Yukon over the weekend, call the 24 hour police dispatch line 509-758-2331.

Friends organized a prayer vigil Thursday night at Beachview Park in Clarkston at 8 p.m. The public was invited.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2010, 01:38:57 PM »

http://www.ktvb.com/news/Police-find-missing-moms-cell-phone-92200679.html

Police find missing mom's cell phone

by KREM.com

Posted on April 27, 2010 at 11:33 AM

Updated today at 10:37 AM

CLARKSTON, Wash.--Clarkston Police say 40-year-old Rachel Anderson hasn't been seen for more than a week now.  She was reported missing on April 19.

Clarkston Police Chief Joel Hastings said they found her cell phone in her abandoned SUV. Detectives are now looking through the phone for clues.

Late Friday afternoon that detectives traveled to Moscow to search for evidence in Anderson's disappearance.

Hastings said detectives searched a building in Moscow where Anderson was last seen on April 16.  He said detectives did not release the location of the building, but they said they did collect evidence there and sent it to the state crime lab.

Hastings also said that detectives served a search warrant on the vehicle that Anderson was driving at the time of her disappearance.

Police found the vehicle, a white 1997 GMC Yukon, that was loaned to Anderson alongside a road in Lewiston on Wednesday.

The chief said detectives took evidence from the Yukon and sent it to the state crime lab.

Anderson has not checked in with her children or her work, a pathology lab, which is very unusual for her, according to Hastings.

Police say she had recently filed a harassment complaint against her estranged husband.  According to Hastings, the husband has been interviewed, but detectives haven’t released what he said.

Anderson is 5'4", 125 pounds with brown hair and black eyes.

Call Clarkston Police at 509-758-2331 if you can help.
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2010, 02:31:36 PM »

Ashley said the two young sons were living with Rachael. I wonder where they were that weekend? Is the estranged husband the father of these two boys? A lot of questions.

2 4 1
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2010, 01:39:07 PM »

Family believes missing mom was stalked with texts, phone calls

Posted on April 29, 2010 at 10:41 AM
CLARKSTON, Wash. -- The family of a missing Clarkston woman says Rachel Anderson, 40, was stalked for weeks by an unknown caller to her cell phone.

Clarkston Police believe Anderson's disappearance is suspicious.  She was reported missing on April 19.  For the Anderson family, they say each day is an emotional struggle as the search drags on.

Clarkston Police are combing through Rachel Anderson's cell phone records hoping to find clues about her disappearance.  The last time anyone saw her was the evening of Friday, April 16.  Detectives traveled to Moscow, Idaho and searched a building where Anderson was last seen.

Detectives were in touch with Anderson well before she disappeared because she had filed several harassment complaints with police. Her family says for months someone was texting her strange messages, calling her, and then hanging up.  They fear who ever was harassing her, kidnapped her.

"She was confused, scared, didn't know who it was," Anderson's daughter, Amber Griswold told KREM 2 News. "She was very afraid for her life, we had many conversations where we talking about how this could end in her death."

Anderson's white, 1997 GMC Yukon was found last week at a bus stop behind the Dyna gas station in North Lewiston.  Police found her phone over the weekend, but there has been no sign of her since.  Out of town relatives have flown in from as far away as Wisconsin to pass out fliers and posters with Anderson's picture, hoping someone has seen her.  Her sister is praying for the best, but worries Anderson is hurt.

Anderson lived in Clarkston with her two young sons.  Her family is asking that the farmers and large landowners keep an eye out for her.  They are hoping to set up a cash reward for information on the case.

http://www.ktvb.com/news/Family-believes-missing-mom-was-stalked-with-texts-phone-calls-92425709.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2010, 02:22:55 PM »

Last fall I was having a conversation with a guy that lives near me. We were just talking. He knew nothing of SM or investigative techniques used to find people.

We were just talking and he tells me - out of the blue - that his girlfriend was being stalked. Of course I said call the police. And he replied that they did that and nothing was happening. She was getting texts and crazy phone messages, the works. This girl was scared. I can only imagine how bad this can make someone feel.

I told him I thought I could help. Naturally he was curious.

I set up an account at http://www.trapcall.com/ using her cell phone number and waited for the calls to roll in.

When using this tool you wait for the calls, and do not answer. The call(s) rolls over to calltrap and the number of origination is revealed on your phone.

It didn't take long to get a series of calls. And they were coming from different blocked numbers. This is the key. Wait for a few calls to come in. The perp may be using several numbers. He could call from his mom's and block the number. Or work, or wherever. The more numbers the better.

Once you have the numbers, it's all easy from there.

You use your normal tools to reveal and cross-reference the numbers and whammo - you have your perp arrested.

Police like it when you hand deliver the evidence. 

+++

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2010, 04:03:34 PM »

Yes they do Rob..

That was great work Rob and thanks for the tip ..

On blocked numbers..how do you reveal the actual number ? or does that web site do that for you ?
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2010, 04:40:34 PM »

Yes they do Rob..

That was great work Rob and thanks for the tip ..

On blocked numbers..how do you reveal the actual number ? or does that web site do that for you ?

Edward, here's a little more in depth explanation.

When you register @ trapcall, it will format an account for you.

Such as - Dave Smith @ 999-555-5555

once you have the account established it is then working. To turn it off you need to press a series of *##'s depending on your carrier. And then "send".

It automatically relays the incoming call that you have received (you don't answer and let it roll over to trapcall) and then it get's returned to your cell phone after it has been through the software at trapcall. The number is then revealed on your screen.

Trapcall provides a "dashboard" of all of your unmasked calls and the time and the name associated with that particular number. It keeps a running record.

Here is the FAQ

http://www.trapcall.com/learnmore

If this helps someone here who is being harassed or stalked it's worth it.

I know that the look on this young ladies' face was wonderful knowing that she felt empowered and the stalker was going to be revealed.

+++

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2010, 04:44:21 PM »

Excellent, Rob
Thank You.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2010, 04:48:04 PM »

Excellent, Rob
Thank You.

you're welcome Edward - the service I described is free. They do have more advanced services that are fee based. But that one is free.

+++

carolyn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2010, 06:16:23 PM »

Family believes missing mom was stalked with texts, phone calls

Posted on April 29, 2010 at 10:41 AM
CLARKSTON, Wash. -- The family of a missing Clarkston woman says Rachel Anderson, 40, was stalked for weeks by an unknown caller to her cell phone.

Clarkston Police believe Anderson's disappearance is suspicious.  She was reported missing on April 19.  For the Anderson family, they say each day is an emotional struggle as the search drags on.

Clarkston Police are combing through Rachel Anderson's cell phone records hoping to find clues about her disappearance.  The last time anyone saw her was the evening of Friday, April 16.  Detectives traveled to Moscow, Idaho and searched a building where Anderson was last seen.

Detectives were in touch with Anderson well before she disappeared because she had filed several harassment complaints with police. Her family says for months someone was texting her strange messages, calling her, and then hanging up.  They fear who ever was harassing her, kidnapped her.

"She was confused, scared, didn't know who it was," Anderson's daughter, Amber Griswold told KREM 2 News. "She was very afraid for her life, we had many conversations where we talking about how this could end in her death."

Anderson's white, 1997 GMC Yukon was found last week at a bus stop behind the Dyna gas station in North Lewiston.  Police found her phone over the weekend, but there has been no sign of her since.  Out of town relatives have flown in from as far away as Wisconsin to pass out fliers and posters with Anderson's picture, hoping someone has seen her.  Her sister is praying for the best, but worries Anderson is hurt.

Anderson lived in Clarkston with her two young sons.  Her family is asking that the farmers and large landowners keep an eye out for her.  They are hoping to set up a cash reward for information on the case.

http://www.ktvb.com/news/Family-believes-missing-mom-was-stalked-with-texts-phone-calls-92425709.html
Hey everyone.  Rachel is originally from South Dakota.  Her dad was married to my ex-sister in law.  I have never personally met Rachel but I know many of her family members and I have heard a lot about her over the years.  All of it good!  Nothing I have heard concerning Rachel's disappearance sounds good.  I hope and pray that law enforcement is taking her disappearance seriously and not making the same mistakes that have been made in my son's case.  I pray they find her soon - safe and sound!

Blessings
Carolyn

Clinton Nelson Missing from Princeton LA since 9/1/2006.  Send info to find-clinton@hotmail.com if you have information.
AmandaReckonwith
Scared Monkey

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2010, 09:52:58 PM »

Rachael's estranged husband has been arrested today by ATF on gun charges.

http://www.klewtv.com/news/local/93012254.html

The pic in that article is from a 2005 arrest. This is recent:

SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2010, 10:53:28 PM »

Rachael's estranged husband has been arrested today by ATF on gun charges.

http://www.klewtv.com/news/local/93012254.html

The pic in that article is from a 2005 arrest. This is recent:

Thanks Amanda

2 4 1
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2010, 04:46:37 PM »

Missing Idaho woman's husband arrested for firearms violation

Posted on May 7, 2010 at 10:55 AM

MOSCOW, Idaho -- The husband of a missing Clarkston mother was arrested Thursday morning for violating a federal firearms law.

ATF agents from Spokane arrested Charles Capone at his work place in Moscow, Idaho around 10:00 a.m. Capone was recently estranged from his missing wife, Rachel Anderson, 40. Anderson was last heard from on Friday, April 16.

Officials say Capone is a convicted felon, and was breaking federal law by possessing a firearm.

Capone and Anderson were in the process of getting a divorce. Anderson had filed harassment charges against him prior to her disappearance.

Anderson's daughter, Amber Griswold, told KREM 2 News her mother was stalked for weeks by an unknown caller to her cell phone, sending mysterious text messages implying someone was watching her.

Thursdsay, Griswold told KREM 2 News she believes Capone had something to do with the stalking of her mother. Griswold claims Capone kept Anderson isolated from her family after she tried to break up the marriage, and believes he physically abused her.

Anderson's cell phone and SUV were found abandoned in a field in Lewiston on Wednesday, April 21.

Capone has not been named a suspect by investigators in Anderson's disappearance.

Capone will be transferred to the Federal Courthouse in Coeur d'Alene. He will appear in federal court Friday morning.

http://www.nwcn.com/news/idaho/Missing-Clarkston-womans-husband-arrested-for-firearms-violation-93045479.html
8 photos at link

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.