April 28, 2024, 11:19:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #578 1/24 - 1/28/2007  (Read 96890 times)
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #820 on: January 27, 2007, 11:14:09 PM »

Quote from: "Lala'sMom"
Quote from: "bleachedblack"
Meanwhile, police brought in yet another man for questioning Friday night, FOX News has learned. The man, Max Arends, who is also a friend of van der Sloot, is not a suspect in the case and has not been arrested.

http://tinyurl.com/ynng5c

Arends In For Questioning

Fox News is reporting that Joran Van der Sloot friend Max Arends was brought in for questioning on Friday night. If I'm not mistaken, this is a second visit for Arends.

Meanwhile, police brought in yet another man for questioning Friday night, FOX News has learned. The man, Max Arends, who is also a friend of van der Sloot, is not a suspect in the case and has not been arrested

http://tinyurl.com/2e4nfm

Another question here.   Where does the alibi for Lorenzo come in?  I do not see his name mentioned.  Where did we hear that story?  Anyone know?

I am not saying all is true. Infact much is not.  But as a means of understanding, and believe me i am not saying I know everything, infact it is more like one of those situations, that the more you know-the more you realize there is to know. There were several posters from Aruba on this board when this info was originally posted. Some of it the verified. Some of it they infact offered.....then there was a change of attitude. Information became false, and misleading. Even the comments have sometimes things to offer at these links.

I am going to stop making comments, as I realize unless there is an actual link to something such as was printed from CNN it is not truely credible. I can only say that much of what was learned about this case has been and will continue to be forgotten. Aruba wins in this respect. Draw it out, they'll forget about one missing tourist.........

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #821 on: January 27, 2007, 11:14:54 PM »

Looks straight to me........is that the road to this house?

Art Wood has said that Lorenzo's house is small, made of cinderblock, has a lookout, surrounded by concertina wire, and is brightly multicolored.
It is in the outskirts of Saveneta.  The water tower on the mountain is to the right of the house in the background.

This sounds more like what we originally thought was Lorenzo's house and then someone said that was a paintball house.  Who claimed it was a paintball house and how reliable were they?
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #822 on: January 27, 2007, 11:15:29 PM »

Quote from: "Tibrogargan"
Quote from: "Florida"
Quote from: "Tibrogargan"

Florida did you get close enough to this house to see what appears to be written on the side of the house to the right of the picture and just under the "lookout" ?

Personally...LOL I don't see anything written there. Do you?
I did notice the basketball court in the back & the closed hurricane shutters...no windows.

I doubt if I would ask the question if I did not think it looked like writing to me.  It appears to be a convex line of writing at the top and then two lines of smaller writing underneath.  May only be a pattern in the brickwork but that is why I asked if you had gone any closer to the building.
I see what you mean Tibro...looks like a sign is or was on the side of the house there.
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #823 on: January 27, 2007, 11:18:47 PM »

I think these are photos of the "paintball house"

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #824 on: January 27, 2007, 11:19:14 PM »

Quote from: "SunFreak2"
Re:  Bird on a wire

I've always thought of this as the "stool pidgeon" passing on info through a telephone.

A much more down to earth explanation than our high tech suppositions!  Takes it back to the KISS theory Laughing  Laughing

Who flew away that would have been talking out of school?

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #825 on: January 27, 2007, 11:23:05 PM »

Yes, we were told somewhere along the line that this was a paintball house.  Could we have been mislead?  This is the house I immediately thought of when Art Wood was explaining what Lorenzo's house looked like.
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #826 on: January 27, 2007, 11:23:42 PM »

Art Wood has said that Lorenzo's house is small, made of cinderblock, has a lookout, surrounded by concertina wire, and is brightly multicolored.
It is in the outskirts of Saveneta.  The water tower on the mountain is to the right of the house in the background.

This sounds more like what we originally thought was Lorenzo's house and then someone said that was a paintball house.  Who claimed it was a paintball house and how reliable were they?

One thing stated from the begining was that LVR lived in a large house-infact it was said the largest house on aruba, which I think is an exageration....particularly with the growth that has occured there in the last 10 years. It was said to be the only house with a basement. Infact he was said to own 2 houses. I think the Painball house was one of the 2.

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #827 on: January 27, 2007, 11:24:29 PM »

Yes, we were told somewhere along the line that this was a paintball house.  Could we have been mislead?  This is the house I immediately thought of when Art Wood was explaining what Lorenzo's house looked like.

i'm not sure why it was called a paintball house either.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #828 on: January 27, 2007, 11:25:07 PM »

Tibro - hard to get a good enlargement since the original photo is so small.  Can't tell for sure if there is writing or not:

FYI - still having connection problems. On dialup right now and it's driving me NUTS  Laughing
Florida
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #829 on: January 27, 2007, 11:29:13 PM »

Hi Sunfreak:  Just to set things straight....Yes, there is a water tower beyond L's house. He owns the property around the house & up to his "Rave Ranch"...This is how the small, colorful buildings under the mountain were described...not by me.  It was never originally referred to as a "paintball house"...Maybe it is or was a paintball area or an outside rave ranch..........
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #830 on: January 27, 2007, 11:30:33 PM »

One thing stated from the begining was that LVR lived in a large house-infact it was said the largest house on aruba, which I think is an exageration....particularly with the growth that has occured there in the last 10 years. It was said to be the only house with a basement. Infact he was said to own 2 houses. I think the Painball house was one of the 2.

His Mom's house was described as one of the biggest on the island.  I have scoured Google Earth for hours upon hours, and found the vdS, Gottenbos na what I think is Freddie's house.  I've seen some big honkin mansions on that island.  I believe I found Astrids house too, judging from some of the pictures I've seen of what is supposedly her house.

I have a hand drawn map to Lorenzo's house provided to me by someone very close to this case.  I need to get back on Google Earth to see if I can find it.  Shortly after I got the map, I ended up with my 2 emergency surgeries, and have not gotten back to it.
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #831 on: January 27, 2007, 11:30:35 PM »

I bet the guilty in Aruba get nervous all over again when we rehash this info.  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #832 on: January 27, 2007, 11:32:13 PM »

His Mom's house was described as one of the biggest on the island.  I have scoured Google Earth for hours upon hours, and found the vdS, Gottenbos na what I think is Freddie's house.  I've seen some big honkin mansions on that island.  I believe I found Astrids house too, judging from some of the pictures I've seen of what is supposedly her house.

I have a hand drawn map to Lorenzo's house provided to me by someone very close to this case.  I need to get back on Google Earth to see if I can find it.  Shortly after I got the map, I ended up with my 2 emergency surgeries, and have not gotten back to it.

Her house is in savanetta. What I said about the large houses built within the last 10 years has changed standards in aruba. IMO

Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #833 on: January 27, 2007, 11:34:31 PM »

I bet the guilty in Aruba get nervous all over again when we rehash this info.  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil
I hope they do, they'd better. We are not giving up!
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #834 on: January 27, 2007, 11:34:49 PM »

Quote from: klaasend
Tibro - hard to get a good enlargement since the original photo is so small.  Can't tell for sure if there is writing or not:

Thanks Klaas, looks more like shutters in the enlargement than writing.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #835 on: January 27, 2007, 11:36:18 PM »

Klaasend, sorry about your connection problems, Hope you get them resolved soon.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #836 on: January 27, 2007, 11:38:05 PM »

Tibro - check your email when you get a chance  Wink  Laughing
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #837 on: January 27, 2007, 11:38:05 PM »

Quote from: Tibrogargan
Quote from: "klaasend"

Thanks Klaas, looks more like shutters in the enlargement than writing.
It does look like there WAS a window there at one time, now that she enlarged that photo, IMO
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #838 on: January 27, 2007, 11:38:13 PM »

Quote from: "Florida"

Hi Sunfreak:  Just to set things straight....Yes, there is a water tower beyond L's house. He owns the property around the house & up to his "Rave Ranch"...This is how the small, colorful buildings under the mountain were described...not by me.  It was never originally referred to as a "paintball house"...Maybe it is or was a paintball area or an outside rave ranch..........

I know you were in Aruba and found the whitish house you posted a pic of. You even sent me other pics from different angles.

I'm just passing on the info that Art Wood has said about Lorenzo's house.  He was there for many months investigating and I trust what he says. I'm not saying I don't trust you, please don't get me wrong. It's just that Art's description does not fit the white house.  He said the multi colored house is the house L lives in.
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #839 on: January 27, 2007, 11:38:15 PM »

GOOD!!!!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.