June 03, 2024, 08:25:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brittney Irving 24, msg 4-6-10, Kelowna, BC Canada (Remains Found)  (Read 8828 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: April 27, 2010, 01:34:47 PM »

Investigators follow-up on leads in missing Kelowna woman case
Tue, 2010-04-27 09:19.

The search continues for a missing Kelowna woman.

Twenty-four (24) year old Brittney Lee Irving has been missing for three weeks now and Superintendent Bill McKinnon says investigators are following up on leads.

McKinnon says, "CrimeStopper tips continue to pour-in in regard to that investigation and of course we continue to encourage people to continue to call in any information they have and let our members know."

Irving went missing on April 6th.

She was last seen by her brother on April 6th, a day before her abandoned Ford Explorer was found off Highway 33 in the Joe Rich area.

Police believe there's a connection to the drug trade.

http://www.am1150.ca/node/1122223

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 01:35:57 PM »

http://www.kelowna.com/2010/04/08/woman-missing-car-found/

Woman missing, car found
Thursday, April 8th, 2010 | 2:31 pm

Police are asking for any information regarding the disappearance of a Kelowna woman, who was reported missing on April 7th at 8:00 a.m.

Brittney Lee Irving was last seen, by a family member, on April 6th at 1:00 p.m. at a Motel in the 2600 block of Harvey Ave. At that time, she was driving a Blue 2001 4 door Ford Explorer SUV. She advised that she was going to an address, somewhere in the Rutland area, to meet someone. Irving has not been seen, nor heard from, since.

Irving's empty vehicle was located at around 7:00 p.m. on April 7th, at a pull out on Philpott Rd, on Hwy 33. It is unknown how long the vehicle had been there.

Irving is Caucasian, 24 years old. She has a tanned complexion and has a freckled face. She has long brown hair, blue eyes and is 5'6" tall, weighing 126 lbs. Irving was last seen wearing tight fitting pants, runners and she wears designer prescription glasses that feature 3 holes in each arm of the glasses.

Police are asking that if anyone has seen Irving or her Blue Ford Explorer, on or since April 6, or has any information concerning her disappearance or whereabouts, please call the West Kelowna RCMP at (250)768-2880, or Crime Stoppers.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 01:36:46 PM »

Missing woman was already on police radar

Friday, April 9th, 2010
Brittney Lee Irving was on the police radar even before her disappearance earlier this week

“She has had contact with police,” confirmed Kelowna RCMP spokesman Const. Steve Holmes. “I won’t get into details as to what the type of contact is, but I can tell you that she doesn’t have a criminal record.”

The 24-year-old was last seen around 1 p.m. on Tuesday at the Day’s Inn on Harvey Avenue. She left a family member there bound for an unspecified address in Rutland.

Holmes confirmed that police have been told that Irving may have been wrapped up in the drug world.

“We were given information that… she had been involved in drugs. Now, information differs from evidence for us, because evidence is facts – verifiable facts,” he said.

“We’re obviously looking at that, but I can’t say definitively that (drugs are) connected to it.”

The Ford Explorer that Irving was driving was recovered around 7 p.m on Wednesday at a pull-out on Philpott Road just off Highway 33. Cops were tipped off to its location.

“We received information that it was there,” said Holmes. “I won’t go into it any further than that.”

He did say that the Explorer’s doors were locked, no keys were found, and there was “nothing inside to suggest any kind of foul play or struggle had taken place.”

That area has since been searched by a police dog and a helicopter, but to no avail.

The case is deemed suspicious and being investigated by West Kelowna RCMP’s General Investigation Section, which handles the rural areas around here, with help from their counterparts at Kelowna GIS.

“We’re not dealing with a chronic runaway here,” said Holmes. “What we’re finding gives us some level of suspicion.”
http://www.kelowna.com/2010/04/09/missing-woman-was-already-on-police-radar/

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 01:37:23 PM »

canadianmonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 02:46:59 PM »

It doesn't look good. 

There has been a lot of gang/drug related deaths in BC lately.  However, i think it's been mostly Vancouver but i could be very wrong about that.
canadianmonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 02:56:06 PM »

This is coming from a local forum.

http://forums.castanet.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=24534&sid=5be4ad8e8f52df8b5851153a513d059c&start=15

Re: Brittney Irving - Another missing person

Postby bobenns » Apr 9th, 2010, 2:08 am
Was talking to an RCMP officer today about the way things are going with the whole drug/gang thing here in Kelowna. Kingpins of several gangs have been coming and going from this town for quite a while. Leader of the Un gang Clay Roueche was coming and going from Kelowna before being arrested at the Mexico border. The leader of the Red Scorpions was just arrested here. Independent Soldiers and Hells Angels are all present and accounted for. A lot of heavy stuff going down all the time that we don't hear about. Then there's the Greeks, murder inc. It just goes on and on.

People who get mixed up in the drug scene around here are playing with fire, going to drug houses in the middle of the night. Satan himself or someone worse could be there. Some of these people just take whatever they want, they see a good looking woman and they help themselves, and there's nothing anyone is going to do or say about it.

I feel for this poor girl and her friends and family. We have a long history of people going missing in this town, not many cases have a happy ending.

People! put the fear of death into anyone you know and care about that is heading down that road, or say goodbye.

If you know of a drug house near you, report it to Crimestoppers and all license plates and descriptions of people who come and go. Don't turn a blind eye, help save your community.
canadianmonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 03:39:40 PM »

Britney was residing at grow-op
by Kelly Hayes - Story: 53898
Apr 13, 2010 / 2:46 pm

A Kelowna woman used to live at a grow-op before she vanished.

Britney Irving, 24, was last seen leaving a Kelowna motel on April 6. Her SUV was found shortly after on Philpott Road in the Joe Rich area.

Police are treating her disappearance as suspicious considering her background in the drug trade.

CHBC News recently revealed that, according to Irving's brother, she was brokering a large marijuana deal on the day she vanished.

Castanet has since learned that Irving was residing at a residence where police found a large marijuana grow-op.

Late last month, police seized 1,500 pot plants from 387 Braeloch Road in Kelowna's Mission where three people, two men and a woman, were arrested and charged.

Sources tell Castanet that Irving had been living at the residence prior to it being busted and that the accused had been growing clones.

The bust meant Irving had no place to stay.

Sources say that Irving was hooked on a prescription drug called Oxycontin, a highly addictive painkiller, and that she was brokering pot deals to help supply her habit.

On the day she disappeared, Irving had been brokering a large marijuana transaction involving an East-Indian man named Joey, who according to Castanet sources, ripped off Irving. Joey has also disappeared. Another source tells Castanet that Joey is actually Fijian.

Police say they've heard the stories, including the one about Joey, but couldn't confirm that he exists.

Investigators are also looking into some text messages Irving had sent to a friend. One in particular was sent hours prior to her disappearance.

http://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/53898/
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 09:01:55 PM »

http://www.bclocalnews.com/okanagan_similkameen/vernonmorningstar/news/92261109.html
Police receive tips on missing woman
Posted 4/27/10, updated 4/28/10

Police say tips continue to “pour in” as they investigate the disappearance of Brittney Lee Irving earlier this month.

“Crime Stoppers tips continue to pour in in regards to that investigation,” said Kelowna RCMP Supt. Bill McKinnon.

He encourages people to continue to provide any information they may know about Irving’s disappearance to them.

“That’s how cases are solved,” said McKinnon. “We need the information from the general public.”

On April 6, Irving, who was born and raised in the North Okanagan, and still has numerous friends and family in the area, was last seen at a motel on Harvey Avenue in Kelowna before reporting she was going to meet someone in the Rutland area.

Police are investigating information that she was going to meet a drug dealer.

The following morning, Irving was reported missing and her blue Ford Explorer was found on a pullout on Philpott Road, off Highway 33, the evening of April 7.

A door to door canvas in the area, as well as an aerial search, turned up no new information, police have reported.

RCMP are treating the disappearance as suspicious, and ask anyone with information to call West Kelowna RCMP at 250-768-2880 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2010, 09:05:08 PM »

http://www.am1150.ca/node/1122223
Investigators follow-up on leads in missing Kelowna woman case
April 27, 2010

The search continues for a missing Kelowna woman.

Twenty-four (24) year old Brittney Lee Irving has been missing for three weeks now and Superintendent Bill McKinnon says investigators are following up on leads.

McKinnon says, "CrimeStopper tips continue to pour-in in regard to that investigation and of course we continue to encourage people to continue to call in any information they have and let our members know."

Irving went missing on April 6th.

She was last seen by her brother on April 6th, a day before her abandoned Ford Explorer was found off Highway 33 in the Joe Rich area.

Police believe there's a connection to the drug trade.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2010, 05:02:52 PM »

Remians found belong to missing Kelowna woman
Tue, 2010-05-25 13:44.
Local News

Kelowna Mounties say the body of a young Kelowna woman found are the remains of Brittney Irving.

Irving went missing over two months ago, after leaving the Day's Inn on Harvey Avenue in Kelowna around 1 o'clock on April 6th.

Irving's abandoned Ford Explorer was found a day later in Joe Rich on Highway 33.

Police are not giving details as to how Irving died, but are investigating the death as a homicide.

No charges have been laid.

http://www.am1150.ca/news/565/1139785

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2010, 05:07:18 PM »

Missing Kelowna woman found murdered

By Erik Rolfsen May 25, 2010 2:02 PM

Brittney Lee Irving, a Kelowna woman who went missing on April 6, has been found dead and RCMP are now investigating her murder.

Police are not releasing the cause of death nor the location where Irving's remains were found. They have not laid any charges.

Irving, 24, had been missing since early April, when her blue 2001 Ford Explorer was found with its doors locked at a pullout on Philpott Road just off Hwy. 33.

She was known to police, but did not have a criminal record.

She was last seen by a family member April 6 at 1 p.m. at a motel in the 2600-block of Harvey Avenue in Kelowna. She indicated she was going to an address in the Rutland area to meet up with someone.

Anyone with information relating to her death is asked to call West Kelowna RCMP at 250-768-2880 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.

http://www.theprovince.com/news/Missing+Kelowna+woman+found+murdered/3069735/story.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2010, 11:39:48 AM »

Missing woman case becomes a homicide

News ServicesMay 26, 2010

A Kelowna woman found dead on the weekend was a drug dealer who was addicted to OxyContin, her family confirmed.

Brittney Irving, 24, went missing on April 6. Kelowna RCMP said Irving's body had been located and they were now investigating a homicide.

Irving was last seen at a Kelowna motel on April 6 by a family member.

There were reports she may have been dealing with a member of the Independent Soldiers, heavily involved in the drug trade throughout B.C.

http://www.canada.com/news/Missing+woman+case+becomes+homicide/3072532/story.html

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.