April 24, 2024, 04:34:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #162 5/10/10 - 5/22/10  (Read 340876 times)
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1120 on: May 13, 2010, 03:45:14 PM »

1.  Extraordinarily brave and/or foolish man (bravely going where no man has ever gone before?)
2.  Extraordinarily blind man who first felt he had encountered a mattress made of hair
3.  Sasquatch Dude

OMG

LMAO
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1121 on: May 13, 2010, 03:47:54 PM »

While it's slow I have a question that I am not sure has ever been answered.  The Secret Service was brought up in court again this week.  It may have been when Baez was trying to ask for CVs for all of the various persons involved in lab work done by the state, etc.  Have we ever figured out WHY the Secret Service is involved????????
I would sure like to know also.

Criminal Investigations

The United States Secret Service is responsible for maintaining the integrity of the nation's financial infrastructure and payment systems. As a part of this mission, the Secret Service constantly implements and evaluates prevention and response measures to guard against electronic crimes as well as other computer related fraud. The Secret Service derives its authority to investigate specified criminal violations from Title 18 of the United States Code, Section 3056.

Criminal investigations can be international in scope. These investigations include: counterfeiting of U.S. currency (to include coins); counterfeiting of foreign currency (occurring domestically); identity crimes such as access device fraud, identity theft, false identification fraud, bank fraud and check fraud; telemarketing fraud; telecommunications fraud (cellular and hard wire); computer fraud; fraud targeting automated payment systems and teller machines; direct deposit fraud; investigations of forgery, uttering, alterations, false impersonations or false claims involving U.S. Treasury Checks, U.S. Saving Bonds, U.S. Treasury Notes, Bonds and Bills; electronic funds transfer (EFT) including Treasury disbursements and fraud within the Treasury payment systems; Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation investigations; Farm Credit Administration violations; and fictitious or fraudulent commercial instruments and foreign securities.

http://www.secretservice.gov/criminal.shtml

Hmmm, thanks Capp, but will her check fraud stuff be brought into the murder case to the level where they will be involved??  I kind of thought that while it can be mentioned as past bad acts that it wouldn't be gone into in detail?  I appreciate your expertise in this area.

Our neighborhood learned about this feature when a neighbor [ a bookeeper of a local company ] was charged with embezzling almost $500,000 from her employer, writing checks from the employer's federally insured bank funds---As I sat in the study one morning, I glanced out of the window to see several same-style/dark color sedans arrive in front of the house next door all at once, and as if in a well-choreographed ballet---car doors opened in sync and out popped men [ they were very good-looking lol ] all wearing various dark-colored  T-shirts with their individual ID's emblazoned on the back.   Written was:  Secret Service; FBI; DEA; Police, and prolly others which I can't recall.   My eyes wer as big as saucers & I thought Egads---what's going on ?? lol 

I called one of my daughters who quickly looked up the Secret Service website & that's when we found out how they were involved.   They were raiding her home and were there several hours.   It was exciting, LOL.

Ono-

The Secret Service is Involved in this case for 2 reasons-

1. OCSO attempted to use their technology to attempt to locate deleted files from Casey's phone.

2. I believe they utilized a SS assett to analyze the cell phone pings.

3. Joy Wray is on their watch list
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1122 on: May 13, 2010, 03:50:07 PM »

Oh, I think that it will get MUCH nastier...in fact, I think there will be several times that we will say...WOW, this is a new level of nasty.  I also think that the black look on George's face, and Cindy being late 2 days in a row, and the nasty look on her face are HARBINGERS of what's yet to come.  Much, much more!! 

I think there is MUCH we don't have a clue about yet. I am also betting there is a TON of hidden secrets that the defense team has no idea about yet. I think the reason they are pushing so hard for the prosecution to give up their points for the DP is because they KNOW they don't have a clue as to all the players in this train wreck and no one is telling them. 

As usual Turbo, I agree with you.

Is this "element" something you are aware of Blink?
So if the defense has no idea of these possible surprises, we would assume that it's because kc has kept things from them or they realize she's a serial liar and what she tells them may or may not be truth, Right?
Here's another legal type question.    When a person is indicted for murder, they get a lawyer, if the accused lays out the whole scenario play by play with them killing the victim, is still considered ethical for a lawyer to try and cast guilt upon innocent people as a defense ploy?  I don't necessarily think all of that applies in this case but was asking in general. TIA if anyone has a thought.

Even if the attorney knows his/her client is guilty he/she is still obligated to use all legal means to ensure his client get a fair trial...even if that means casting suspicion on innocent people....AKA reasonable doubt....ethical is the key word in your question. The prosecutor's role is to present the evidence. The role of a defense attorney is to sow doubt.  Most defense attorneys will never ask a client if they 'did it'.

It gets a little trickier when a defense attorney knows that the client is guilty and yet is aware of the fact that the client intends to get on the witness stand and lie. Under those circumstances, the lawyer is obliged under the secular law, specifically in rules promulgated by the Bar Association, to not assist the client in perpetuating the expected perjurious testimony. The law allows for clients to get on the witness stand and tell their story, but the attorney is not legally or ethically permitted to assist the client by eliciting perjurious testimony. If the attorney knows that the client intends to lie, the attorney is disallowed from eliciting the perjurious testimony, and under those circumstances, the client ends up testifying by way of a narrative, as opposed to the traditional question and answer style of direct examination. It is fairly obvious to most jurors that the accused is not receiving the benefit of counsel in providing testimony under these circumstances, which tends to suggest to the audience that something is amiss, and perhaps the defendant is lying.

A defense attorney who knowingly elicits perjurious testimony from the client, or from any defense witness, is running the risk of criminal prosecution on a charge of subornation of perjury.

http://www.jpcontini.com/amissionfield.htm

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1123 on: May 13, 2010, 03:50:40 PM »

Thanks Blink!     
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1124 on: May 13, 2010, 03:52:26 PM »

That is scary that the Secret Service have Joy Wray on their watch list 
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1125 on: May 13, 2010, 03:55:28 PM »

Ono-

1. OCSO attempted to use their technology to attempt to locate deleted files from Casey's phone.

[/quote]

ROFL....then again, it wouldnt be shocking considering her claims of contacting the White House & of course her classic repetitive reporting that she knew George Bush 

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1126 on: May 13, 2010, 04:01:19 PM »

Ono-

Blink.............thanks, I knew this had been discussed a long time ago.but couldn't remember........and JW on their watch list???????????????   LOL   remember she is friends with President Bush!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1127 on: May 13, 2010, 04:01:51 PM »

Ono-

ROFL....then again, it wouldnt be shocking considering her claims of contacting the White House & of course her classic repetitive reporting that she knew George Bush 
[/quote]

Lol, Cappi, I was not kidding. For Rizzle. She is.
Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1128 on: May 13, 2010, 04:08:42 PM »

The SA has today listed 5 Aggravated reasons why the Death Penalty is being sought.
http://www.wesh.com/news/23544839/detail.html

That should shut AL up for at least one day...  she can't plead ignorance of the charges any more.
Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1129 on: May 13, 2010, 04:12:31 PM »

The SA has today listed 5 Aggravated reasons why the Death Penalty is being sought.

That should shut AL up for at least one day...  she can't plead ignorance of the charges any more.

Well I am not having much luck today copy and pasting, so....
What the SA lists as aggravating reasons are:-
Caylee was under 12 yrs of age
She was in her Mother's care
Heinous, cruel murder.
Aggravated child abuse.
Premeditated, cold and cruel crime.

monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1130 on: May 13, 2010, 04:21:57 PM »

I saw a pic where Andrea Lyon was so close in talking to Casey - it looked like she was going to stick her tongue in her ear.

It made me feel very dirty. Something A lot of things  about A.L. just ain't right!

I agree ...

Curious minds lead to wanting to know (and pardon a brief moment of appearing shallow while offering some humor), what kind of man would want to tap that?   
Wheneve I hear "tap that", I think of tapping a tree for maple syrup.  She is rather Oak like...

What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?
monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1131 on: May 13, 2010, 04:23:48 PM »

Heinous, cruel murder.
Aggravated child abuse.

The defense couldn't have figured this out on it's own? 

NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1132 on: May 13, 2010, 04:24:32 PM »

Thx W.Obs.
snipped from above article

Florida law requires that at least one aggravating factor must be proved to pursue capital punishment. Prosecutors in the Anthony case listed five of them.

Glenda wrote: "aruba's job was not to babysit Beth's daughter. Beth sent her daughter to swim with the sharks, she is responsible for what ever happened to Natalee." = there is no homicide in aruba, only SUICIDE.  Don't go to aruba if you value your life.
NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1133 on: May 13, 2010, 04:31:51 PM »

Heinous, cruel murder.
Aggravated child abuse.

Right?!  I mean are they still milling about the court room trying to find their way out? From Tuesday monrning?

Oh, and my Oak tree just told me that the biotch lyin is in no way genetically connected to Oak trees, maybe just an ole pile of used plywood!

Glenda wrote: "aruba's job was not to babysit Beth's daughter. Beth sent her daughter to swim with the sharks, she is responsible for what ever happened to Natalee." = there is no homicide in aruba, only SUICIDE.  Don't go to aruba if you value your life.
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1134 on: May 13, 2010, 04:33:52 PM »

Thx W.Obs.
snipped from above article

Florida law requires that at least one aggravating factor must be proved to pursue capital punishment. Prosecutors in the Anthony case listed five of them.

Somehow I think that Mr. Bozo atty at law wanted the State to give him chapter and verse on the aggravaters . In the presser he gave his inglorious explanation of "not being able to be in their minds".  He wants details to know which direction to start fabricating a story (yet another or embellishing one already in his play book)
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1135 on: May 13, 2010, 04:37:04 PM »

Oh, I think that it will get MUCH nastier...in fact, I think there will be several times that we will say...WOW, this is a new level of nasty.  I also think that the black look on George's face, and Cindy being late 2 days in a row, and the nasty look on her face are HARBINGERS of what's yet to come.  Much, much more!! 

I think there is MUCH we don't have a clue about yet. I am also betting there is a TON of hidden secrets that the defense team has no idea about yet. I think the reason they are pushing so hard for the prosecution to give up their points for the DP is because they KNOW they don't have a clue as to all the players in this train wreck and no one is telling them. 

As usual Turbo, I agree with you.

Is this "element" something you are aware of Blink?
So if the defense has no idea of these possible surprises, we would assume that it's because kc has kept things from them or they realize she's a serial liar and what she tells them may or may not be truth, Right?
Here's another legal type question.    When a person is indicted for murder, they get a lawyer, if the accused lays out the whole scenario play by play with them killing the victim, is still considered ethical for a lawyer to try and cast guilt upon innocent people as a defense ploy?  I don't necessarily think all of that applies in this case but was asking in general. TIA if anyone has a thought.

Hi, MzJay,  Nice to see your guys are still dancing. I just love it. I also noticed that Wyks' monkey has changed his banana for a Marguerita.  Got good sense, that monkey.

As an officer of the court, an attorney may not put a witness on the stand whom he knows to be lying.  To do so would be suborning purgery and he could be disbarred if caught.  I often wonder how many times that happens because it seems it would be very hard to catch it.  A lot of attorneys don't even want their clients to tell them the truth so that they won't have to take a chance on it. I think several people have  grounds for the same kind of lawsuit which Zenaida Gonzalez has against various and sundry Anthonys because a number of innocent people have suffered due to their association with Skanky.  But anything said under oath is immune from libel as the law assumes one is telling the truth under oath.  I understand that there has to be some kind of rule on this, but when I read some of the statements under oath and see that tape of George and Cindy in Mr. Mitnik's office, I get so angry.  But I have heard people being libeled by someone not under oath and I would love to see some more civil lawsuits filed against that despicable group of thugs.  One of Cindy's statements which comes to mind is Cindy referring to an "Ambulance chaser."  I note that she stopped that, probably on Conway's advice.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1136 on: May 13, 2010, 04:37:55 PM »

Casey Prosecutors List Reasons For Death Penalty
Judge Ordered Prosecution To Provide Defense With Details

POSTED: 3:42 pm EDT May 13, 2010
UPDATED: 3:58 pm EDT May 13, 2010
ORLANDO, Fla. --
Prosecutors in the case against Casey Anthony revealed on Thursday a list of reasons why they'll seek the death penalty during trial.

Legal citations within the document provided by the prosecution showed they believe Caylee was killed as a result of aggravated child abuse.

Prosecutors also contend it was a particularly heinous, atrocious or cruel crime, and they said they contend Caylee's death was the result of a cold, calculated and premeditated crime.
Another listed factor was that Caylee was under the age of 12 when she died, and prosecutors said she was in familial custody, her mother's care, when she was killed.

The defense has claimed the medical examiner doesn't know exactly how Caylee died, so they wonder how the state could argue it was a cold, calculated and heinous crime.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1137 on: May 13, 2010, 04:39:16 PM »

Heinous, cruel murder.
Aggravated child abuse.

Right?!  I mean are they still milling about the court room trying to find their way out? From Tuesday monrning?

Oh, and my Oak tree just told me that the biotch lyin is in no way genetically connected to Oak trees, maybe just an ole pile of used plywood!
Monkey Devil!

I can't stop laughing, I can just picture Baez and Co. bumping into the walls, trying to find the doors...

I meant no offense to Oak Trees.  (I just kept seeing those trees in the Wizard of Oz.)

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1138 on: May 13, 2010, 04:41:20 PM »

thanks WO

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1139 on: May 13, 2010, 04:45:31 PM »

Heinous, cruel murder.
Aggravated child abuse.

Monkey Devil!

I can't stop laughing, I can just picture Baez and Co. bumping into the walls, trying to find the doors...

I meant no offense to Oak Trees.  (I just kept seeing those trees in the Wizard of Oz.)

Ooooh, those oak trees. Oh, yea, lyin is definitly one of those. They were mean and ugly. hehehe.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.