April 18, 2024, 09:25:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #162 5/10/10 - 5/22/10  (Read 340311 times)
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #720 on: May 11, 2010, 01:37:53 PM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2010/5/11/will_casey_face_death_penalty.html
 Casey Still Faces Death Penalty
Tuesday, May 11, 2010 10:22:03 AM
Reported by Jacqueline Fell and Mark Jenkins

ORLANDO -- Judge Belvin Perry has denied the motion to preclude the death penalty in Casey Anthony case. State prosecutors can still pursue death.

A hearing is under way at the Orange County Courthouse.
Updates From Court

10:17 a.m. -- Cindy walked in and told Casey "I love you" as she was discussing things with her attorneys. Casey started crying, as Jose Baez and Andrea Cheney hover over her.

10:09 a.m. -- Perry takes 10 minute recess.

10:08 a.m. -- Judge Perry denies motion to preclude the death penalty. State prosecutors can still pursue death.

9:45 a.m. -- The professor's testimony concludes.

9:23 a.m. -- State is fighting tooth and nail. Every question defensse asks, the state objects to the professor, saying media pays huge attention to white middle class women accused of killing their child.

9:15 a.m. -- Cindy Anthony is in court with a friend. George Anthony is not present.

9:13 a.m. -- The professor takes the stand.

9:11 a.m. -- The legal professor who traveled here from New Mexico will be allowed to testify. If the state wants more time to cross examine, they will have 30 days and then will do it via video conference.

9:07 a.m. -- Defense plans to call witness regarding motion concerning gender bias. The state says they did not have enough notice (sufficient time) to depose and are objecting to her testifying.

Although prosecutors are seeking the death penalty, Anthony's lawyers say it is unconstitutional.

This could also be a strategic move by the State Attorney's Office.

Anthony's defense team believes this is an attempt to break her financially.

She has already been declared indigent, so the state will be picking up the tab on today’s hearing.

The defense could argue that added expense of a death penalty case could be more of a burden on taxpayers.

"I'm a little bit biased to that fact,” said Anthony’s attorney Jose Baez. “We think there's some serious issues with it. The Florida Death Penalty is unique to other states. There's some serious problems with it. Obviously, the death penalty in our position doesn't work. So you're probably going to hear all those arguments and more."

Those arguments are not likely to come from Baez, but from co-council Andrea Lyon.

Lyon filed the motion saying, "The prosecution knew this would financially break the defense."

Court started at 9:00 a.m.  Cindy didn't walk in until afterwards...late...2 days in a row...this time without George.  There's a problem.

I suspect he is breaking rank from the dictator after Casey's letters came out

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #721 on: May 11, 2010, 01:38:41 PM »

Lyon's perfect record is looking to be reaching the end of its lifecycle.      

She is nothing but a blowhard & the reason why she had previous success is that she preached to the off from center choir of koolaid anonymous in the vicinity where she bloviates her BS

Well, Lyon has not had a case in Florida before (correct me if I'm wrong, please)...she just might not far as well in that state.

No, she has not.

loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #722 on: May 11, 2010, 01:41:43 PM »

omg that dress looks horrible on lyons you see her cellulite and that hair!! I will never eat shredded wheat again without thinking of her hair~~

Loca
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #723 on: May 11, 2010, 01:42:40 PM »

The past 2 days, Cindy looks like she's trying to sink into herself.  She's there, but she looks like she's trying to shrivel up and go away.

The weight of the necklace she is wearing probably is helping her sink.

What I notice is no memorial to Caylee on her at all, didnt notice last hearing either - unless I missed it.   She's going to H E double hockey sticks with her daughter, likewise George.   The necklace is ridiculous on her & it doesnt even go with what she is wearing both in stylistically, then again the woman has no class whatsoever.  We all saw her while the networks were paying attempting to look young like her monster, its obvious she isnt receiving perks at the expense of Caylee's life presently.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #724 on: May 11, 2010, 01:45:29 PM »

Must the state list "all" the aggravating circumstances or can they list the ones that meet the requirement of law without totally tipping their hand?  Can the state later list other aggravating circumstances?  IMHO it won't matter if they list them all, I believe momster's behavior and lack thereof speak for itself.
The notion in the brush cut "expert"'s testimony that deviant women cannot get a fair trial . . . WTH does that mean?  If I am a deviant I get a get out of jail card?  She was very ill-prepared to be such an expert on gender bias.
Another good day for Caylee!

They were ordered to list all that they intend to argue apply in this case.   In my view, it doesnt tip their hand that much nor will it be a surprise to this defense that is posturing, they know darn well which ones apply.

Capp, thanks.  I agree, their hands have been open from the beginning.  It really won't matter.  But in the course of from now to the beginning of the trial, can they add more if they established another aggravating circumstance?  Will the poop team be required to list their mitigating circumstances before trial?

I dont think so, I'm pretty sure they already know each one they will put forward apply.  Two or more are required to be met & during penalty phase the aggravating factors must outweigh the mitigating factors.   IMHO, those will be as listed in Florida Statute 921.141 

(f) The capital felony was committed for pecuniary gain.                  (possible)
(h) The capital felony was especially heinous, atrocious, or cruel.
(i) The capital felony was a homicide and was committed in a cold, calculated, and premeditated manner without any pretense of moral or legal justification.
(l)  The victim of the capital felony was a person less than 12 years of age.   (met without argument)

Capps, again, many thanks for answering my questions.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #725 on: May 11, 2010, 01:47:28 PM »

omg that dress looks horrible on lyons you see her cellulite and that hair!! I will never eat shredded wheat again without thinking of her hair~~
There is no reason to not look presentable in the courtroom, I guess she just doesn't care 
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #726 on: May 11, 2010, 01:50:51 PM »

Okay...I haven't had time to read back yet...but where was George today?

Again...an oddity...I'm thinking there's a problem with George...he looked bad yesterday.

Puzzler, no one knows.....just guesses on our part. I am beginning to think that shirt yesterday might have been a 'work' shirt........if they are going to try to renegotiate on their house then someone has to have a job.  He has looked bad to me for a while....but I think it's GUILT not medical

You could be right about having a job...probably would be a good thing.

Yes, when I say bad...means I can't explain it better...I think I really thought that he looked angry or in a "black" mood yesterday. 

And, the wealth of information in those letters written by KC about George and Lee is still "fresh".

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #727 on: May 11, 2010, 01:53:34 PM »

The past 2 days, Cindy looks like she's trying to sink into herself.  She's there, but she looks like she's trying to shrivel up and go away.

No rose...you're soooo bad!   

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #728 on: May 11, 2010, 01:55:01 PM »

Again...an oddity...I'm thinking there's a problem with George...he looked bad yesterday.

Puzzler, no one knows.....just guesses on our part. I am beginning to think that shirt yesterday might have been a 'work' shirt........if they are going to try to renegotiate on their house then someone has to have a job.  He has looked bad to me for a while....but I think it's GUILT not medical

Yes, when I say bad...means I can't explain it better...I think I really thought that he looked angry or in a "black" mood yesterday. 

And, the wealth of information in those letters written by KC about George and Lee is still "fresh".

Maybe he is working at a bowling ally his shirt kind of looked like a bowling shirt. But I think it was an Orlando Magic shirt.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #729 on: May 11, 2010, 01:55:37 PM »

I know, but the necklace does look really heavy 
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #730 on: May 11, 2010, 01:55:43 PM »

No prob Sister, I only listed the ones that I think will be applicable in this case, there are several more.

Im watching Trutv repeat the hearing & this time I gotta say I'm enjoying (for lack of a better word) it tenfold from the first time around.   Lyon was not impressive at all, nor compelling.   Actually, she bumbled quite a bit & certainly didnt prepare her witness very well...that was a mockery to our judicial system presenting such dribble & an embarrassment to Lyon whom could not lift her witness to credible status.   Ashton didn't even have a chance to prepare or review this woman's background other than what was proffered & presented during testimony & he took her to the wall on the fly.   PITiFUL!

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #731 on: May 11, 2010, 01:55:59 PM »

This is George YESTERDAY.

He appeared angry to me as well, Puzzler.

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #732 on: May 11, 2010, 01:56:52 PM »

Yep!   

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #733 on: May 11, 2010, 01:57:37 PM »

I agree he didn't look like he was in a good mood yesterday. I don't know how he can show himself there after being those letters.............in fact, I don't see how either can show their faces.  I wonder if they are collecting any monies from people via the foundation??

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #734 on: May 11, 2010, 02:00:06 PM »

This is George YESTERDAY.

He appeared angry to me as well, Puzzler.

thanks Brandi.....sure would love to know what was being discussed when you got this.....looks angry for sure...........

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #735 on: May 11, 2010, 02:00:50 PM »

A. Lyon is more cerebral as opposed to being a fashionista, however, she could use a makeover big time. Fashion consultant and hair stylist STAT.

I think the reality of Casey's situation in finally sinking in with Cindy, and this time, she's powerless to save her monster's arse.
BTW, I thought that huge silver contraption on Cindy was part of her dress.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #736 on: May 11, 2010, 02:01:53 PM »

Must the state list "all" the aggravating circumstances or can they list the ones that meet the requirement of law without totally tipping their hand?  Can the state later list other aggravating circumstances?  IMHO it won't matter if they list them all, I believe momster's behavior and lack thereof speak for itself.
The notion in the brush cut "expert"'s testimony that deviant women cannot get a fair trial . . . WTH does that mean?  If I am a deviant I get a get out of jail card?  She was very ill-prepared to be such an expert on gender bias.
Another good day for Caylee!

Deviants get a "GET OUT OF JAIL FREE CARD"??..............

The judge told the prosecution to LIST them - he DID NOT tell them to reveal their proof.............LOL

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

There is a DEEP GENERATIONAL EVIL in the Anthony family.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #737 on: May 11, 2010, 02:02:19 PM »

Sunny, GA is probably thinking in that picture, "Who is this guy who says I cannot chew gum? I'll chew if I want to!"

LynneinMd.
Scared Monkey

« Reply #738 on: May 11, 2010, 02:02:27 PM »

Is that a handcuff necklace?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #739 on: May 11, 2010, 02:02:56 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/23514611/%20http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/23516023/detail.html            Some great pics, unfortunately Andrea's butt is in a few.  George looked beyond angry yesterday, and how he even shows his face in public after allegations of sex abuse is beyond me.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.