March 29, 2024, 09:28:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #162 5/10/10 - 5/22/10  (Read 338711 times)
crazybabyborg
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2010, 10:33:19 AM »

George had his "I'm in charge" badge on.   
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2010, 10:34:49 AM »

Wow did I see KC mouth something Georgies way?
I noticed she mouthed something, couldn't tell to who. Geez, Cindy looks rough around the edges.
She does, she is trying to look like she is 21 again and it ain't workin.

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2010, 10:34:55 AM »

Maybe His Honor hasn't decided yet & I'm wrong.   I'm so confused--lol
I think what he will rule on later is where the jury will be brought to Orlando from.

So the only thing left to decide is which Circuit he chooses?

In the change of venue motion, I believe so.

And Judge Perry will be issuing a gag order at a later date.

That's how I understand it. I have been multi-tasking though. LOL

You have an excuse--I don't. lol
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2010, 10:34:57 AM »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/05/10/AR2010051001663.html
The Associated Press
Monday, May 10, 2010; 10:07 AM
ORLANDO, Fla. -- Jurors in the trial of a Florida mother charged with killing her 2-year-old daughter will be picked from outside Orlando after attorneys argued residents there were tainted by negative media reports.

Chief Judge Belvin Perry ruled at a hearing Monday that the 12 potential jurors and six potential alternates in Casey Anthony's trial will be chosen from somewhere in Florida outside Orlando.

The judge says he will tell attorneys when he decides where to hold the trial, but that information will be kept secret until just before the trial begins.

Anthony has pleaded not guilty to murdering her daughter, Caylee, and said a baby sitter kidnapped the toddler. Her trial is set to start in May 2011.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2010, 10:35:09 AM »

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2010, 10:35:16 AM »

I noticed she mouthed something, couldn't tell to who. Geez, Cindy looks rough around the edges.

I also could swear I saw George chewing gum!

Cindy looks like she is having a nice little chat after a church service, not after a murder hearing.

Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #66 on: May 10, 2010, 10:36:57 AM »

What a dork;  Who's he kidding?  lol
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #67 on: May 10, 2010, 10:37:47 AM »

What the heck was George wearing 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #68 on: May 10, 2010, 10:38:10 AM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-casey-anthony-hearing-motions-20100510,0,6943252.story
Casey Anthony case: Judge says jurors will be selected from another county and brought to Orange
Judge denies defense request to toss Casey Anthony's indictment
 By Sarah Lundy, Orlando Sentinel

10:11 a.m. EDT, May 10, 2010
 os-casey-anthony-hearing-motions-20100510

Casey Anthony is in court today as her attorneys and prosecutors hash out a string of legal motions — some of which have been lingering in the court file for months.

Orange-Osceola Chief Judge Belvin Perry cleared his calendar for today and Tuesday to hear arguments on various topics, such as from where the jury will be selected to whether the death penalty is unconstitutional.

This is part of the judge's effort to keep the case on track for trial in May 2011.

Casey Anthony, 24, is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee Marie. She is in court this morning with defense attorneys Jose Baez and Cheney Mason. Casey Anthony's parents, George Anthony and Cindy Anthony, are also at the hearing.

It hasn't been the typical murder case. It started out as a missing-child case after the toddler was reported missing in July 2008.

In October — with no body found — a grand jury indicted Casey Anthony on first-degree murder. At that point, the state elected not to seek the death penalty.

Two months later in December, Caylee's skeletal remains were found less than a mile from her family home in east Orange County. A medical examiner ruled her death a homicide but could not say how the child died.

By April, prosecutors changed their minds, announcing they were going to seek the death penalty against Casey Anthony.

Experts say death cases are different. It involves more of everything —more trial preparation, more expenses and more motions filed.
Today, Perry has seven motions on various topics set to be argued. Tuesday's hearing will focus on death-penalty motions.

Here's today's line-up:

• Change of Venue

Casey Anthony's attorneys do not think their client can receive a fair trial in Central Florida. Her case has attracted intense media coverage since her initial arrest in July 2008.

"The Orlando community's involvement in this case and its hostility towards Miss Anthony create an environment in which it would be difficult for a juror to render a verdict based solely on the evidence presented at trial," Baez wrote in a motion filed in September.

Perry earlier told the attorneys if he grants the change of venue that he and the lawyers will travel to another Florida county to pick a 12-member jury plus alternates.

The jury will leave their families and come to Orange County where the trial, which is expected to last four to seven weeks, will be held.

Perry said today he will grant the motion at a later date and will be issuing a gag order so the attorneys cannot discuss the matter publicly.

Perry said the jurors will be brought back to Orange County and be kept in an undisclosed location.

He also predicted that the media will start inquiring with other counties to see if Perry has called those circuits to gather information. Perry said he will instruct the court administrators in other circuits to not discuss the matter with reporters.
Casey Anthony's defense wants people who live in Miami-Dade County to be chosen for the jury. Baez argued that South Florida residents haven't been exposed to as much "inflammatory" media as other parts of the state. He doesn't want jurors from north Florida, such as Duval County and Pensacola, because of similar murdered children cases and he said, the demographics don't match.

Prosecutors argued that jurors should come from any county that has similar demographics as Orange County. Assistant State Attorney Linda Drane Burdick provided information on various counties, such as Hillsborough, Leon, Duval and Miami-Dade counties.

•Jail logs

Casey Anthony's attorneys want the judge to keep the list of names of people who visit her in jail private. Visitation logs are public record unless sealed by a judge.

Her legal team claims the media is "constantly aware of any visits that the defendant has." The identity of certain defense experts who see her in jail can spawn "unfounded speculation." That hampers the defense's preparation for trial.

Today, Mason told Perry this motion will need to be argued at a later date.

•Party Pictures

After Casey Anthony's arrest, dozens of pictures taken from various online social-networking sites have emerged and portray her as a "party girl." The photos show the young mother partying with friends in local nightclubs, bars and wild house parties. Most of the pictures were taken before Caylee disappeared.

Her defense fears if the prosecution presents these photos to a jury it "would serve no purpose other than to further inflame the jury against Miss Anthony." Her attorneys call these photos irrelevant to the case and want prosecutors — if they have plans to use them — to show why they are material.

Perry did not rule on the motion today, but said the matter will have to be addressed before trial.

The judge said the state and defense will have to determine which party photos will be used by the end of March. Perry said that's when he will hear arguments about the pictures and rule.

"I have some concerns about some of the photographs," Perry said. "It's hard to rule on these in a vacuum without hearing both sides."

Baez argued that the photos of Casey Anthony at parties is not relevant to the case.

"They prove absolutely nothing as it related to charges against Miss Anthony," Baez said.

He said it's not fair to use the photos to prove whether she was a good mother or not.

"It's clearly to paint Miss Anthony in a bad light," he said.

Meanwhile, Burdick argued that prosecutors plan to use the photos taken after June 15 to show what and where Anthony was after her daughter was last seen.

Prosecutors divided the photos from picture taken before June 15, 2008 and after that date.
Burdick said if the defense tries to argue at trial that Anthony was a good mother, the state may use some pictures to address that issue.

•Gossip and Innuendo

Her legal team want to keep out dozens of statements about Anthony and her family made by friends and family — statements the defense contends are hearsay. Her attorneys also don't want prosecutors questioning Anthony's friends and acquaintances on the stand about her truthfulness and motives.

•Other people's opinions

As part of the case, investigators have questioned dozens of people who know Casey Anthony. These friends and acquaintances offered their opinions of Casey Anthony's character, motives and undisclosed intentions and character of truthfulness. These opinions should not be admissible in court, her attorneys argue.

There were two motions related to lay-opinion testimony and hearsay evidence.

Perry said the issue will be addressed later. He asked the defense to narrow the focus to the hearsay items that gives them greatest concern.

He also is going to reserve ruling on issue of 911 calls made by Anthony's mother, Cindy Anthony.

•Toss indictment

Her attorneys argue in a motion that Casey Anthony was indicted on several charges, including premeditated murder and criminal neglect of her daughter. But they say there is so little information on the indictment that the legal team can't possibly defend her.

The failure to allege any facts in the indictment violates state's criminal procedures, which "explicitly prescribes that a charging instrument set out the 'essential facts constituting the offense charged,'" the motion says.

Perry denied the motion.

•More information
Casey Anthony's legal team has continued to ask for various records, including documents from various forensic labs, communications between law enforcement officials and those labs.

It's unclear what information they are seeking in this legal request.

Amy L. Edwards of the Sentinel staff contributed to this report.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #69 on: May 10, 2010, 10:38:25 AM »

She looks like a drag queen.
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #70 on: May 10, 2010, 10:38:41 AM »

A. L. will be front & center tomorrow.   The personality diva trying to con His Honor should be interesting.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #71 on: May 10, 2010, 10:40:16 AM »

A. L. will be front & center tomorrow.   The personality diva trying to con His Honor should be interesting.

I am not l◔◔king forward to that. LOL

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #72 on: May 10, 2010, 10:40:18 AM »

Pfft. 

Do you have any idea what they were talking about when they mentioned IKEA photos?

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #73 on: May 10, 2010, 10:41:06 AM »

Lyon without an S will not impress.   

~ Peter Frampton
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #74 on: May 10, 2010, 10:41:23 AM »

Can someone lighten the photo of CinCin please?

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #75 on: May 10, 2010, 10:41:28 AM »

snipped

It's unclear what information they are seeking in this legal request.

LOLOLOL!!!!!

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #76 on: May 10, 2010, 10:42:15 AM »

Good Morning Monks................WOW Judge Perry keeps his court room moving.

So there will be a change of venue....it was very confusing the way it was worded.........and he will place a gag order on the attorneys.........this surprises me....

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #77 on: May 10, 2010, 10:42:52 AM »

She looks like a drag queen.

Her flabby upper arms stole the show from George's whatever "outfit" .... ; His deliberate not doing the wheelchair shuffle with Conway [ so far ] this morning was kinda interesting. 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #78 on: May 10, 2010, 10:43:18 AM »

Pfft. 

Do you have any idea what they were talking about when they mentioned IKEA photos?
I never saw IKEA photos, but, Casey and Caylee went with some guy, darn it can't remember his name, they went it IKEA and had lunch somewhere after. It is a fleeting memory, and I don't know where to look. Waters, or Walters the guys last name?
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #79 on: May 10, 2010, 10:43:21 AM »

What the heck was George wearing 

I think it is his summer "cowboy up" shirt

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.