April 25, 2024, 02:46:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Census mail results could be trouble for 5 states"  (Read 1392 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: April 28, 2010, 08:44:58 PM »

WASHINGTON — Five states — New York, California, Texas, Arizona and Florida — are perilously close to losing out on congressional seats because of lackluster participation in the U.S. census.

The five were average or below average in mailing back 10-question census forms when compared to other states, trailing by as many as 5 percentage points, according to the final census mail-in tally released Wednesday.

Hmmm...some of those states sound familiar...mortgage fraud?  Liar loans?

Homes that sold five times in a year and nobody lived there?

more here - http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iwCqpymd8Y6bJ5RtvzEYGZpjeUWgD9FC9HC82

I wonder how many homes rolled multiple times and nobody lived there?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 08:49:05 PM »

Wisconsin ranks first in the nation for census participation, with an 81% response rate with the written form. As for participation by cities, Appleton ranks fourth, Oshkosh ranks 25th and Green Bay ranks 31st in the nation. Appleton Mayor Tim Hanna says that means less census takers going door-to-door, and that's a financial benefit.

http://www.fox11online.com/dpp/news/Green-Bay-Appleton-among-top-ranking-census-return-cities

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 08:52:13 PM »

Take 10 Map

2010 Census Participation Rates

America participated! 72 percent of households participated in the 2010 Census by mail -- the same rate achieved in Census 2000. Now census takers begin the task of going door-to-door to obtain census responses in person. Open your door to the census taker -- we can't move forward until you give your answers back!

more here - http://2010.census.gov/2010census/take10map/

There is a way to check your communities participation at the site!

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.