March 28, 2024, 07:45:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christopher Gregory 23, Russell Springs, KY Last Seen 1/2006  (Read 10794 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: May 01, 2010, 11:32:03 PM »

http://www.wbko.com/home/headlines/92561109.html
(Video)
Russell County Woman Still Searching for Answers in Son's Disappearance
A Russell County woman is still seeking out answers, four years after her son mysteriously disappeared.
April 30, 2010
A Russell County woman is still seeking out answers, four years after her son mysteriously disappeared.

Christopher Gregory went to see some friends one night and was never heard from again.

In part two of Daniel Kemp's special report, "Unanswered Questions," we look into one of the most recent unsolved missing person cases in Russell County.

It's one police there say they hope they're close to solving.

"I never thought of anything like that happening in a small place. I was always afraid to live in a city because of stuff like that," said Rhonda Gregory, who lives in Russell County.

For a little more than four years, Rhonda Gregory has lived with countless rumors and little reason as to why her son suddenly vanished.

"It's so hard to go to bed at night thinking about it," she said. "And I can't help it, but I cry every night."

23-year-old Christopher Gregory was last seen in January of 2006 when he left the company of some friends at an apartment, just outside the city limits of Russell Springs.

"Everybody seemed like they liked him," she said. "They always got him to do stuff for them."

Since then, missing person fliers have gone without leads and many of Gregory's friends have been no help.

"After he got gone, none of those people hang out anymore," Gregory said. "They just all scattered."

"And within that group we feel that they have some knowledge, or at least we hope that they can help us more than they have," said Chief Joseph M. Irvin, of the Russell Springs Police Dept.

Chief Joseph Irvin says his department is still actively searching for Gregory.

He's also still waiting for someone to come forward with information on his disappearance.

"We've spoken to persons who we're most confident have what we need to go forward, but they don't wish to cooperate," he said.

Irvin says he has four persons of interest who know exactly what happened that January night, and half a dozen others who know something.

But yet the case remains unsolved.

"We've had some that, in interviews with police, have agreed to take a polygraph test in regards to what they were telling us concerning their knowledge," the chief said. "However, they have consulted attorneys and they've all advised us that they would not take the polygraph test."

Irvin says without their attorneys help, his hands are tied.

That's why he say he's turning to the public in hopes of solving this case.

"It is frustrating with the way the system is, but it's our system and I respect it," Irvin said. "It's just frustrating. I think everyone deserves to know what happened and to get some closure on it."

And closure is all the Gregory family wants.

"This is a small town, somebody knows something," said Kendra, Christopher Gregory's sister. "It's been four years and there's no since hiding it anymore."

Chief Irvin says early on in the investigation, human blood was even obtained from the shoes of two suspects.

Irvin says lab tests needed DNA samples from both Gregory's mother and father to possibly show it was the blood of Christopher, but Irvin says his father refuses to cooperate and has been on the run for years.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 11:40:31 PM »

Thanks Muffy.  It sounds like this is a solvable case and the "friends" around him could help give this family some closure.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 11:56:10 PM »

Thanks Muffy.  It sounds like this is a solvable case and the "friends" around him could help give this family some closure.

YW Blue Moon.  I hope there will be a break in the case soon.   an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 09:19:35 AM »

Name:  Christopher Dale Gregory

Classification:  Endangered Missing Adult 
Alias / Nickname:  Chris 
Date of Birth:  1984-03-23 
Date Missing:  2006-01-31 
From City/State:  Russell Springs, KY 
Missing From (Country):  USA 
Age at Time of Disappearance:  21 
Race:  White 
Height:  74 inches 
Weight:  180 pounds 
Hair Color:  Black 
Eye Color:  Brown 
Complexion:  Medium 
Identifying Characteristics:  Pierced ears, pierced tongue, birthmark on left shoulder and left calf, scar on forehead, surgical scar on lower back above tailbone. 
Clothing:  White short sleeve shirt with green and brown stripes, blue jeans, white "Phat Farm" athletic shoes, brown light weight zip-up jacket. 
Circumstances of Disappearance:  Unknown. Christopher was last seen at approximately 9:30pm at a friend's residence in Russell Springs, KY. He was enroute to meet someone at the Key Village in Russell Springs. His vehicle, described as a green, two door, 1997 Pontiac Grand Am, was located the same day at a bowling alley in the vicinity of Lakeway Dr. and US127 in Russell Springs, KY. 
Investigative Agency:  Russell Springs Police Department 
Phone:  (270) 866-3636 
Investigative Case #:  RSPD005 
http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?A200604046S

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 09:26:12 AM »

http://www.nampn.org/cases/gregory_christopher.html

More photos here:
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/gregory_christopher.html

http://unsolveditn.blogspot.com/

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.