April 23, 2024, 05:57:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Illegal Aliens and Social Security Totalization Agreement w/Mexico  (Read 5191 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: May 03, 2010, 05:52:51 PM »

“We have to focus our attention on those who wish to do America harm, whether they are drug smugglers, human smugglers or terrorists.”  These are the words Gabrielle Giffords spoke into the Congressional Record of January 31, 2007. So what has happened since that time? Has the Federal Government stepped up? Oh wait, we had an election in 2008 and there is new sherrif in the White House. The kind of sherrif we have had here in Pima County that wants to continue to turn a blind eye to illegal entrants.  Politicians don’t like to be called racists. Even though enforcing the law for everyone regardless of skin color is equal protection, nope illegal entrants with brown skin are to be treated differently acccording to the wishes of the protesters that have been screaming “Racist” the loudest.

Now there just might be another reason these protesters scream so loud, and it has nothing to do with color. Read on Mcduff;

b 1015: SOCIAL SECURITY TOTALIZATION AGREEMENT WITH MEXICO

(Mr. GOODE asked and was given permission to address the House for 1 minute.)

Mr. GOODE. Mr. Speaker, on June 29, 2004, the United States Social Security Commissioner and the Director General of the Mexican Social Security Institute entered into a Social Security totalization agreement between Mexico and the United States. The U.S. has totalization agreements with 20 other countries. However, all of these, except Canada, are with countries a substantial distance away. As a result, they involve relatively few workers and have little or no impact on illegal immigration. Unfortunately, the Mexican totalization agreement will be a huge incentive for increased illegal immigration. Under this agreement, if there is amnesty and a glide path to citizenship, illegal aliens will be able to qualify their work in the United States for Social Security funds. This would result in a huge increase in Social Security costs for the United States at a time when we are wrestling with reforming that system. We need to stop the totalization  agreement and preserve Social Security.

So what is totalization?  A totalization agreement is an accord between two countries to eliminate dual taxation for persons who work outside of their “country of origin.”  People who work in other countries may find themselves obligated to pay Social Security taxes under both countries simultaneously for the same work.  Yet workers who have divided their working careers between two countries can sometimes fail to qualify for Social Security benefits from either country because they have not worked long enough or recently enough to meet the minimum eligibility requirements.

Q: Is it true Mexicans who worked illegally in the U.S. would be covered?

Yes. As reported in The Washington Times and elsewhere, an internal Social Security Administration memo indicates that the pact will allow illegal aliens to qualify for Social Security benefits.  “Mexican nationals working illegally in the U.S. can currently become entitled to benefits if they have made payments to the Trust Fund that meet the vesting requirements,” the article states.  “The Totalization Agreement would include this population of Mexican workers within the overall population of workers covered by this agreement.”  The Washington Times article continues, “With anywhere from 7 to 11 million illegal aliens in the U.S., the majority of whom are from Mexico, including illegals in the pact would cost many more billions of dollars per year.”

Source: Siphoning off Social Security,” Joel Mowbray, The Washington Times, “January 9, 2003.

Is this why so many 'bills' have talked about correcting Social Security records?

more here - http://tucsoncitizen.com/the-cholla-jumps/2010/04/25/we-have-to-focus-our-attention-on-those-who-wish-to-do-america-harm-gabrielle-giffords/

How quick can you racists die off so they don't have to pay your Social Security and Medicare anymore?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 05:56:02 PM »

Costs of an agreement with Mexico

*  Social Security actuaries estimate that a totalization agreement with Mexico would have a negligible long-range effect on the Trust Funds.
    *  Costs to the U.S. Social Security system are estimated to average about $105 million per year over the first five years. These costs are for additional benefits to eligible U.S. and Mexican workers and reduced Social Security tax contributions under the dual taxation exemption.

*  To put this in perspective, in 2002, costs to the U.S. system for the existing agreement with Canada were about $197 million.

Effective date of an agreement with Mexico

* In the United States, once the agreement is signed, the President will submit the agreement to Congress where it must sit in review for 60 session days. If Congress takes no action during this time, the agreement can move forward.
    *  In Mexico, once the agreement is signed, the Mexican Senate must approve it.

http://www.ssa.gov/pressoffice/factsheets/USandMexico-alt.htm

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 05:59:15 PM »

Social Security 'Totalization'
Examining a Lopsided Agreement with Mexico

September 2004

But the proposed totalization agreement with Mexico is profoundly different from prior agreements in four important ways:

1. One-sided. Unlike the 20 existing agreements, a totalization agreement with Mexico would be one-sided. Its beneficial effects to U.S. workers would be miniscule compared to those received by potentially millions of Mexicans. It is expected that the totalization agreement with Mexico would:

* Provide only modest tax savings for American workers and their employers compared to other totalization agreements.

* Entice Mexicans to remain in the United States for the 10 years it takes to vest for U.S. Social Security (versus 24 in Mexico) in order to maximize their retirement income. The United States pays out far more to low-wage workers than they contribute to the system. In contrast, Mexico only pays out what was contributed, plus accrued interest.

* Permit Mexicans to return home and have their spouses and dependents receive U.S. Social Security benefits they would not have been entitled to without a totalization agreement.

* Permit partial Social Security benefits to be paid to those who worked in the United States as little as 18 months (six quarters).

more here - http://www.cis.org/articles/2004/back904.html

How many in Congress have said we need illegal aliens so they can pay into Social Security?  More workers?

What about the LOSSES?

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 06:00:48 PM »

I think this might be the best part of the article -

* Eventually compel the United States to pay out billions in retirement benefits to Mexicans for credits they acquired while using fraudulent Social Security numbers prior to obtaining legal status.

* Lure even more Mexicans into the United States illegally in the hopes they would obtain amnesty, thereby making themselves and their families eligible to receive U.S. Social Security benefits once the worker returned to Mexico and reached retirement age.

How many millions more will pour over the border when they find out how easy it is for foreigners to qualify for Social Security and Medicare?  Welfare?

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 06:02:14 PM »

Americans don't get multiple Social Security checks - one for each 10 years of labor.

I imagine there will be Americans, who spend their entire working lives in the US, getting the same retirement check as illegal aliens who work just 10 small years.

How much more for disability?  Early retirement?

Why don't they change Mexico to a system like ours?

A big Ponzi scheme for Mexico?

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2010, 08:19:28 AM »

Ripping off the safety net?

Why isn't Obama reforming Social Security first?

Social Security has been described as a big Ponzi scheme.  Why kick the can into the future after adding 20 million or more new recipients?

Why not reform Social Security and make it based on actual contributions?

I think adding 12-20 million illegal aliens will completely collapse the system.

What is the REAL cost of amnesty?

Why should illegal aliens be rewarded for their illegal acts?

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.