April 24, 2024, 09:29:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JAMIE SKEETERS - Passed away 1/24/2007  (Read 16314 times)
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2007, 05:45:17 PM »

I was saddened by the news of Jamie passing. May all the love and caring he showed so many, give his family a lifetime of  great memories. My sympathy and condolences go out to his wife and family. We will never forget how he tried to help Natalee's family.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2007, 07:57:32 PM »

Peace be with you, Jamie Skeeters.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2007, 07:06:29 AM »

Skeeters, Jamie    

Jamie Skeeters, a retired commander with the Oxnard Police Department passed away suddenly Jan. 24, 2007, while away on business in Memphis, Tenn.

Jamie was born March 14, 1941, in Muleshoe, Texas, to Gladys Skeeters. He was a resident of Ventura County for more than 40 years. He was very proud to be a U.S. Marine. He served as acting gunny/sergeant from 1961 to 1966. Before joining the Oxnard Police Department, he served as director of Boys Clubs in Oxnard from 1966 through 1967. In 1967 he joined the Oxnard Police Department and rose quickly through the ranks, achieving the rank of commander in 1993. Jamie served in that capacity until May 1996, when he retired with nearly 30 years of service to the Oxnard community. After his retirement he continued on to serve as chief of police for Ventura College.

While employed with the police department, Jamie was named Officer of the Year for bravery and performance in 1972. He was a founding member of Oxnard Police Department SWAT team, Oxnard Peace Officers Association and the Oxnard Mounted Patrol. He was a member of Ventura County Narcotics Task Force and a member of the president's special task force for narcotics enforcement in Mexico. He continued with his education, earning a bachelor's degree with the University of Redlands.

Jamie served the Oxnard community throughout his adult life. He touched thousands of lives and was especially well-known for his wonderful sense of humor. He was truly a character and someone you didn't forget meeting.

Midway through his career, Jamie became a licensed polygraph examiner. In 1981, he founded Security Consultant Services. This is where Jamie's passion for truth and justice flourished. His dedication to educate the community on the importance and necessity of the polygraph was awe-inspiring. His mantra states it all, "In God we trust. All others, we polygraph." He was a founding member on the governor's task force against sex offenders. It was his hope that this unique approach by administering polygraph examinations on sex offenders would help locate victims of sexual abuse and assist them with the necessary support system for rehabilitation. He was a consultant for Oxnard Police Department, Ventura Police Department, Los Angeles Police Department, Santa Barbara Police Department and fire agencies by conducting polygraphs on prospective employees as part of the background check process and special investigations for not only the police and fire agencies but for high-profile individuals, private corporations, military JAG Unit, numerous law firms, television studios including Paramount Studios' Dr. Phil show, Sci-Fi, Fox news, MSNBC and many more too numerous to list.

Jamie was especially proud to be a member of the California Association of Polygraph Examiners. He served as their president from 2003 to 2005, vice president from 2001 to 2002 and was a member of the board of directors from 1999 to 2005. Jamie loved this part of his career.

Jamie had many incredible experiences in his life, including being caught in Hurricane Katrina in 2005. Jamie was seriously injured in that event.

He spent many years living in the Ojai area with his wife, Kay. Together they owned and operated Ojai Valley Farms, a first-class equestrian center, until recently when his polygraph career flourished.

Jamie is survived by his loving wife of over 25 years, Kay; loving daughter, Kim Skeeters; sons, Trace Giove and John Skeeters; and four beautiful grandchildren, Trevor, Morgan, Ryan and Melissa.

We deeply grieve the loss of our beloved husband, father, grandfather and love of our life, but find great comfort in knowing he was loved by so many.

In lieu of flowers, the family requests that donations in his memory be made to the American Legion Ojai Post No. 482, 843 E. Ojai Ave., Ojai, CA 93023; and/or Oxnard Police Activity League, c/o Officer Ken Klopman Oxnard Police Department, 251 South C St., Oxnard.

A celebration of Jamie's life will be held from 2 to 6 p.m. Monday, Jan. 29, with rosary recited immediately following, at Clausen Funeral Home, 316 E. Matilija Ave., Ojai, CA 93023; phone 805-646-1451. A funeral service will be held at 1 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 30 at St. Thomas Aquinas Church, 185 St. Thomas Drive, Ojai, CA 93023; phone 805-646-4337.

Arrangements are being handled by Clausen Funeral Home.

http://www.legacy.com/venturacountystar/Obituaries.asp?Page=SearchResults&DateRange=Today&Product=0
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2007, 11:16:54 AM »

Rest in Peace.

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2007, 11:36:56 AM »

My condolences to the Skeeter family.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2007, 12:31:30 PM »

Quote from: "bleachedblack"
This is the "SM group" link to light a candle.

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=SM

Thank you, BB.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2007, 01:24:29 AM »

On January 24, 2007 Jamie Skeeters died suddenly while still in his seat on a connecting flight in Memphis, Tennessee.

While his notable career spans decades, he was recently in the news when he was named in a lawsuit brought by Deepak and Satish Kalpoe alleging libel and slander. The brothers are long-standing suspects in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway. Dr. Phil McGraw and CBS Television Distribution Group were named in the lawsuit along with Skeeters.

Jamie Skeeters was hired by Dr. Phil as an investigator to travel to Aruba in a search for answers in the Holloway case. During his investigation, Skeeters interviewed suspect Deepak Kalpoe, an interview which he recorded. In the conversation, Kalpoe admits to having sex with Natalee, something he had never admitted in any his multiple meetings with police.

The taped conversation was played on an episode of The Dr. Phil Show which aired last season. The episode also featured Dr. Phil's interview with Beth Holloway Twitty, Natalee's mother.

While it was a significant revelation of information, The Kalpoes claim that The Dr. Phil Show altered portions of the recording to "create false, incriminating, and defamatory statements that the plaintiffs engaged in criminal activity against Natalee Holloway," the lawsuit stated. The suit also alleges that the conversation between Jamie Skeeters and Deepak Kalpoe was secretly recorded, which Skeeters has denied.
Dr. Phil and the show executives deny all the allegations and say they stand by the integrity of the show and its editing process.

Of the recent controversy over the Kalpoe tape and the question of whether or not the tape could be clearly heard, Skeeters had this to say: My old grandmother can even hear what was said on those tapes."

It is unknown how the untimely death of Mr. Skeeters will affect the pending lawsuit. And there have, of course, been questions raised by suspicious people as to the nature of his death. No details have been released as of yet regarding official cause of death. Though there has also been speculation about the possibility of a blood clot, since this can sometimes occur with older individuals during air travel.

Jamie Skeeters was the president of CAPE (California Association of Polygraph Examiners) and an expert in the field of law enforcement with over two decades of experience. A former marine and decorated police officer, he is survived by his wife, Kay of twenty-five years.
He was loved and admired by many, especially by those in his field. Those who remember him considered him a colorful and interesting character, and a brilliant detective.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/135731/jamie_skeeters_famed_polygraph_expert.html
ozziesmom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2007, 09:20:54 AM »

I just found out about Jamie's passing today. I am in shock and very sad about this. He was one of the good guys and fortunately for me I had the opportunity to email with him about the case, my feelings (the shirt) and insticts. He was always very gracious when anwering my questions, to say the least. He will be missed. God Bless him and my condolences to his family and loved ones. He'll never be forgotten....

In Aruba, everyone lies!! Except Jossy!
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2007, 10:30:03 AM »

My heartfelt sympathy and prayers to the family of Jamie Skeeters.  The world has lost a soldier in the fight for truth and justice.  God Bless.
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2007, 10:15:36 PM »

My deepest condolences and prayers to Jamie Skeeters family.
Jamie was truly a great man and made his mark on this Earth.

RIP
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2007, 02:56:47 PM »

From someone who attended Jamie Skeeter's funeral:

Yesterday, I attended the funeral of a man that I had never met before. I went in honor of a friend and former co-worker of mine, who’s father suddenly passed away. I had heard a few stories about him and I always noticed the twinkle my friend's eye whenever she spoke of him. I knew my friend would be devastated by her father’s sudden passing, so my husband and I drove 2 hours in the pouring rain, to show our support and try to offer her some comfort.

During the funeral, numerous mourners stood up and talked about the man I had never met before. They spoke, one after another, about his generous nature, caring heart and sense of humor. For nearly 2 hours his friends and family sang his praise and reminisced about his incredible zest for life.

After only a few minutes, I found myself laughing, crying and grieving right alongside his closest friends and family. Throughout the service, I learned about the hundreds of lives he touched and his frequent altruistic acts while serving nearly 30 years of service to the Oxnard, California community. This once Marine Sergeant was also a police officer, a founding member of the Oxnard Police Department SWAT team, a member of the Ventura County Narcotics Task force, a founding member on the Governor’s Task Force against Sex Offenders and he later became a licensed polygraph examiner. This guy was busy. But never too busy to help a friend in need or call his daughter a couple of times a day, just to say, “I love you.”

By the time the service was over, I too, was grieving for the man that I had never met before.

And while he managed to touch so many lives while he was alive, even in his passing, he somehow touched a few more. I know my husband and I walked away from the service, inspired to become better people.

I think a good exercise in improving yourself... would be to simply think about what you would want your loved ones to say about you, at your funeral.

Dedicated to: Jamie Skeeters, the man I never met before: Thank you for making me want to be a better person.

http://tinyurl.com/ytm5kr
Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.