April 28, 2024, 12:30:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Venus Rose Stewart 32, msg 5/3/10 - Colon Township, MI (Hubby Convicted)  (Read 63871 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #120 on: May 31, 2010, 08:11:30 PM »

http://www.wtvbam.com/news/articles/2010/may/29/venus-stewarts-husband-lost-custody-rights/
Venus Stewart’s Husband Lost Custody Rights
May 29, 2010

COLDWATER (WTVB) - Douglas Stewart is being investigated for the disappearance of his estranged wife Venus, who went missing from outside her parent’s home in Colon Township in late April. Now he will also remain estranged from his children. He went into family court in St. Joseph County Friday petitioning to gain custody of his two daughters and walked out stripped of his visitation rights and facing possible civil action for neglect.

A social worker testified that one of the children claimed that Stewart sexually abused her, but he has never been charged with that either. Stewart was greeted by protests outside the courtroom and refused comment coming out.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #121 on: June 01, 2010, 01:01:57 PM »

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/sw_mich/Is-there-a-Doug-Stewart-impersonator

Is there a Doug Stewart impersonator?

MSP wants help with April 25-26 timeframe

Updated: Tuesday, 01 Jun 2010, 12:24 PM EDT
Published : Tuesday, 01 Jun 2010, 12:24 PM EDT

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) - As the investigation into the April 26 abduction of Venus Stewart from outside her parents Colon Township home continues, police now want help determining if someone impersonated Douglas Stewart in Newport News, Virginia in that same timeframe.

The Michigan State Police is looking for anyone with information about "a person or persons who impersonated Douglas Stewart in the Newport News, Virginia area between" April 25-26. They're also looking for anyone who had contact with Douglas Stewart in that timeframe to contact them.

If you have information, call the Michigan State Police at 269.483.7811, or in the Newport News area, call 1.888.582.5887.

Venus Stewart, Doug's estranged wife, was last seen wearing pajamas. She was taken from her parents' home between 7:10 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. on April 26. She has not been seen since.

Last week, a judge ruled Douglas Stewart could not have custody nor visit his children with Venus. He is described by police as a "person of interest" in Venus' disappearance.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/sw_mich/Is-there-a-Doug-Stewart-impersonator

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #122 on: June 01, 2010, 05:04:14 PM »

Little Dougie.......your days are numbered..... 

Michigan State Police say they're looking for anyone with information about a person who impersonated Douglas Stewart in the Newport News, Virginia area.  The impersonation reportedly happened between April 25 and 26, 2010.  Anyone who had contact with Stewart, or someone claiming to be Stewart, is asked to contact police.

http://www.fox28.com/Global/story.asp?S=12574822

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #123 on: June 01, 2010, 05:49:00 PM »

Little Dougie.......your days are numbered..... 

Michigan State Police say they're looking for anyone with information about a person who impersonated Douglas Stewart in the Newport News, Virginia area.  The impersonation reportedly happened between April 25 and 26, 2010.  Anyone who had contact with Stewart, or someone claiming to be Stewart, is asked to contact police.

http://www.fox28.com/Global/story.asp?S=12574822

Ohhhh.  This is certainly an interesting development.  If someone impersonated Stewart or claimed to be be Stewart between April 25 and April 26, 2010, they  had better speak up now and see if they can make a deal.  If the cops hafta come and get this person, I don't think it will go as well, IMO.  I hope they fess up and tell all.  I wonder if this person that may have impersonated Stewart or claimed to be him was aware of Stewart's intentions to abduct/harm/murder Venus?  Stewart may have told the alleged impersonator he needed a stand in for some other reason and once Venus was taken and murdered, the alleged impersonator might be in too deep and think they won't found out.  Aiding and abetting an abduction and murder?  How much is that worth?  Better speak up now...JMHO  And if this alleged impersonator did know what Douglas Stewart's intentions were and the impersonator helped, well, there's prison time and of course, hell after that.  Again, JMHO.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #124 on: June 01, 2010, 06:06:51 PM »

http://www.wwmt.com/articles/margin-1377226-page-imposter.html

Imposter sought in Stewart disappearance
2010-06-01 17:18:03
stewart-venus

ST. JOSEPH COUNTY, Mich. (NEWSCHANNEL 3) – Tuesday saw new developments in the search for missing mother Venus Stewart.

Stewart disappeared in late April from her parents' home in St. Joseph County. Investigators have searched, but have yet to find the missing mother of two.

Police have stopped short of referring to Venus' estranged husband, Douglas Stewart, a suspect, saying only that he's a person of interest, but they are taking a closer look at his story.

Doug says he was in Virginia when Venus was abducted and says there are witnesses and documents to back that up, but now police say they know the alibi is bogus.

Investigators say they have evidence that they can't currently discuss which puts Doug in Michigan on the morning Venus disappeared. They also say Doug was back at his home in Virginia just after 8:00 pm the same day.

However, police say that for up to 48 hours prior to that time at least one person, possibly more, was traveling around Newport News, Virginia claiming to be Douglas Stewart.

“He probably must have had a number of Doug Stewart's personal documents,” said Lt. Mike Risko of the Michigan State Police. “We believe that he was pretending to be Mr. Stewart or impersonating Mr. Stewart at a number of different businesses, paying bills, drawing funds, things of that nature.”

Police say the imposter was wearing a hooded sweatshirt, ball cap and dark mirrored sunglasses. They are looking for help in identifying the man they say was pretending to be Douglas Stewart and say if the imposter doesn't reveal himself in the next few days he could be facing serious charges.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #125 on: June 01, 2010, 06:36:15 PM »

stewart-venus

ST. JOSEPH COUNTY, Mich. (NEWSCHANNEL 3) – Tuesday saw new developments in the search for missing mother Venus Stewart.

Stewart disappeared in late April from her parents' home in St. Joseph County. Investigators have searched, but have yet to find the missing mother of two.

Police have stopped short of referring to Venus' estranged husband, Douglas Stewart, a suspect, saying only that he's a person of interest, but they are taking a closer look at his story.

Doug says he was in Virginia when Venus was abducted and says there are witnesses and documents to back that up, but now police say they know the alibi is bogus.

Investigators say they have evidence that they can't currently discuss which puts Doug in Michigan on the morning Venus disappeared. They also say Doug was back at his home in Virginia just after 8:00 pm the same day.

However, police say that for up to 48 hours prior to that time at least one person, possibly more, was traveling around Newport News, Virginia claiming to be Douglas Stewart.

“He probably must have had a number of Doug Stewart's personal documents,” said Lt. Mike Risko of the Michigan State Police. “We believe that he was pretending to be Mr. Stewart or impersonating Mr. Stewart at a number of different businesses, paying bills, drawing funds, things of that nature.”

Police say the imposter was wearing a hooded sweatshirt, ball cap and dark mirrored sunglasses. They are looking for help in identifying the man they say was pretending to be Douglas Stewart and say if the imposter doesn't reveal himself in the next few days he could be facing serious charges.

Thanks Klaas for the interesting update.  It sounds to me like some folks went to a lot of trouble to set up and execute an elaborate plan (premeditated) days in advance.  And it sounds like the imposter had better get in to see the police detectives and start splainin.  JMHO 

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #126 on: June 01, 2010, 07:54:39 PM »

The masquerade will end, just it will take time.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #127 on: June 02, 2010, 12:10:00 AM »

stewart-venus

Thanks Klaas for the interesting update.  It sounds to me like some folks went to a lot of trouble to set up and execute an elaborate plan (premeditated) days in advance.  And it sounds like the imposter had better get in to see the police detectives and start splainin.  JMHO 
You betcha -- lots of splainin to do on this one -- yipes!

melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #128 on: June 02, 2010, 05:31:49 PM »

Joran VS wanted and now this update with this imposter!  It's starting to be a goooood day!!!!!  I hope these guys get what's coming to 'em.
newfie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #129 on: June 03, 2010, 08:52:53 AM »

Wow I bet Doug Stewart thought he would get away with this. He may be smart but there is always someone out there smarter. I wonder if this person knew why they were impersonating Doug. They could very well be charged with accessory if so. Obviously they know now and need to come forward. It is only a matter of time before this person is revealed. I wonder if this person used the other vehicle and their finger prints are in it?
O/T  It is a shame it took another murder for VS to be caught. I hope they can hold him this time.  Have a great day all.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #130 on: June 06, 2010, 06:23:34 PM »

Published: June 06, 2010

The Husband is SO GUILTY in the Abduction of Venus Rose Stewart!

A woman exits the home where she is staying in an early morning hour; she sojourns out merely to mail a letter. The woman is clothed in only slippers and pajamas; oddly enough, she never returns to her house and to the companionship of her two young daughters. She simply vanishes. "It's as if she disappeared from the face of the earth," says Lt. Mike Risko.

Yet evidence remains of a violent struggle; the ground is torn up, by way of large gouges and heel marks, and the woman's footprint was left on a gas tank in the yard. Her abductor must have grabbed her right at this very spot, at the gas tank, which is in the front yard? A piece of tarp left behind by the kidnapper was found on the scene later on by police.

Shortly before the abduction, a witness sees a stranger who is sopping wet, down by nearby lake by the name of Adams. The stranger asks for a cigarette. The exact time of this incident is not indicated in extant reports. Later on, a neighbor sees an out-of-place truck parked in an adjacent (to the McComb residence), abandoned lot.

The spotting of this truck by a neighbor occurred on the same morning that the woman went missing, early Monday morning, April 26th. Evidence of a tire track is left behind where the suspicious car was parked. Perhaps, this tire track is being tested to see if it matches the tire of our person of interest? I can't confirm this.

The woman in question is Venus Rose Stewart, 32, and the location of her abduction is at her parents' house, on Driftwood Drive in Colon Township, Michigan. Colon Township is in St. Joseph County, a rural area in southern Michigan. After the abduction, Venus Stewart's father, Larry McComb, finds four detailed notes written by Venus, that document some of the transgressions of her estranged husband, Doug Stewart.

Significant physical evidence, that points to the husband, Doug Stewart, as the perpetrator of his wife's abduction, includes a Wal-Mart receipt on the front passenger seat floor of his silver Dodge Ram pickup truck. Doug purchased a tarp, gloves, a shovel and a hat. A video tape from the Ohio Wal-Mart exists also of these suspicious purchases.

The time of purchase was at 6:45 PM, April 25th, the day before Venus went missing. The location of the Wal-Mart was somewhere in Ohio, an approximate midpoint between Newport News, Virginia, where Stewart lived, and Venus' parents home in Colon Township, Michigan. This suggests that Doug was making a beeline towards Venus' known location, and thought to pick up a few items needed for his intended purpose.

A shovel? Okay. A tarp? Yea. Gloves and a hat? Sure, let's not leave any fingerprints. And now Lt. Mike Risko of the Michigan State Police is saying they can definitely place Douglas Stewart in Michigan on the day that Venus Stewart was abducted. Risko hasn't revealed how they have been able to tie him specifically to Michigan?

Perhaps, even more important, is the evidence of blood found in Doug Harrie Stewart's pickup truck. Apparently, there was additional blood found inside Doug's other car, a Mercury Sable. The question remains, is this blood that of Venus Rose Stewart's? A Michigan crime lab is doing analysis of the blood at this time. If they can confirm that it's Venus,' I would think they can make an arrest, of Mister Stewart of course!

All along Doug has claimed he has a solid alibi, that he was in Newport, News, Virginia at the time Venus went missing. Authorities now believe that an impersonator was purposely being seen at various locations in the Newport, News vicinity. According to Lt. Risko, the impersonator visited Stewart's law office and paid a bill for his civil custody case. A clerk at the receptionist desk was tricked into believing it was actually Stewart himself!

This impersonator had on a hoodie and dark glasses. (I heard he had on a baseball cap also?) This imposter was also captured on video at Doug's apartment complex. Remember, this was near to the time that Venus vanished, that early Monday morning of April 26th. It's implied that Doug would have had to have hired this shady individual to sheep his identity. Risko says: "This person may not have known what Mr. Stewart was up to."

Most chilling of all is the plethora of court records, in which Venus sought court-ordered protection. These documents are more circumstantial in nature, in the way they make Doug Stewart culpable in this abduction (and quite possibly the murder of his wife). But the level of fear present in what Venus wrote is most shocking, in the sense that she already knows that her husband is going to kill her. It was a given.

A portion of one such document reads: "I am tired of living in constant fear and I am afraid of what this is doing to my children. I am scared to death and everyday I live in constant fear and I am constantly looking over my shoulder wondering when he will appear again."

A second document, that I believe was a petition for a personal-protection order (just an empty piece of paper really) filed in March of 2009 against Doug, includes more feelings of foreboding from Venus. "Once Doug loses all control over me, he is going to hunt me down and kill me. Now that I don't have my parents to protect me and if he finds out where I am at he is going to kill me! It is only a matter of time."

This is hard to believe, but the judge in St. Joseph County denied this second request for a protection order. The reason given by the judge is that the request must be only granted 'for emergency situations, where there is danger of harm happening within the next few days.' I am disappointed in the judge's decision and greatly disturbed by the words that Venus has written.

Just this last February, Venus filed yet a third request for a protection order; finally, this one was granted. By this time she had fled Virginia and her controlling husband, and returned to live in Michigan with her empathizing parents.

In this February 26th document her phrasing is still imbued with fear and desperation. One can only imagine how abusive, how bad this Stewart fellow is. Venus' words express her high anxiety, she says she's: "running for my life so I will be around for my kids."

One item that might be interpreted as the denouement in this case, is the fact that on April 19th a judge granted Venus temporary custody of the estranged couple's two daughters. Therese McComb, Venus' mother, sensed strongly that this was a threatening development. Therese heard her daughter's words after court and believed her fears were real. Venus said to her: "I lived with him. I know. He's going to get me somehow, somewhere." I don't believe her concerns were unfounded; she knew just how crazy this man was, for sure.

Some speculation on my part is called for at this time. This excogitation contains the premise that the husband did do it; let me include this disclaimer so that some might not accuse me of falsely, or better yet, prematurely fingering a fellow of grievous wrong doings. I'm simply turning this theory over in your minds with inky words. Words that may give us insight into this case of mysterious abduction.

So here we go, why would Doug go to all the trouble to establish a reliable alibi, by way of hiring an imposter that is visibly seen at locations normally frequented by Doug, and smartly timed when the abduction was taking place in Michigan, and yet be so stupid as to leave a Wal-Mart receipt lingering on a floorboard of his pickup truck?

Moreover, I believe he was video-taped purchasing these fishy items at the Wal-Mart? How stupid is this? He should have shopped at a pawn shop and paid cold, untraceable cash. In stark contrast, the imposter scheme reeks of cleverness! Go figure.

Furthermore, why would he use his own pickup truck to carry out this crime? Didn't he fear that someone would identify it or take down the tag? And didn't he wear a disguise on that Monday morning? The police sketch shows a man with a mustache and without eye-glasses. Doug, of course, wore eye-glasses, but maybe not all of time, like when he was committing crimes.

Even more stupid to me, is the fact that he did not clean up all of the blood from the two vehicles? How could this be, unless he did not see all of the stains. And how could there be blood in two different vehicles? I don't want to get too graphic, and you probably know where I'm going with this, but this suggests a moving of the body, or possibly a transporting of bloody clothing in a different vehicle, don't you think?

I sure hope this character is arrested soon; you know right here and now I believe that the husband did it. But the police must build a solid case, if it's going to stick in court. One can only imagine the malice this man must hold in his heart for his wife (no more). And DNA evidence results take a life time (it seems) to come back from the lab. And don't forget, the imposter must come forward to tell what he knows!

After Susan Powell, this is the most disturbing case I've seen, where a wife goes missing (seemingly forever). The difference in this case from Susan Powell's is that Josh covered his tracks thoroughly, where as Doug Stewart left a plethora of incriminating evidence across the wide landscape of America, from Virginia through Ohio, and well into Michigan. But he won't get away with it! Doug can look forward to a conviction of first degree murder and certainly, a death sentence awaits him. And don't think Josh Powell won't pay for his crime some day!

(Sources-Fox 17 online, Michelle Sigona.com, helpfindthemissing.com, Kalamazoo Gazette and Jane Velez-Mitchell's Issues)

http://newsblaze.com/story/20100606163607kays.nb/topstory.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #131 on: June 17, 2010, 01:08:55 PM »

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/sw_mich/Doug-Stewart-in-court-over-child-allegations

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #132 on: June 17, 2010, 05:41:39 PM »

Estranged husband of missing mother in court for allegations of abuse
June 17, 2010 4:53 PM

ST. JOSEPH COUNTY, Mich. (NEWSCHANNEL 3) – As the search for a missing West Michigan mother continues, her estranged husband is back in court.

Venus Stewart has been missing since April, when she disappeared from her parent's home in St. Joseph County. Venus' husband, Doug Stewart, is the only person of interest in the case of her disappearance.

http://www.wwmt.com/articles/style-1377918-margin-span.html

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #133 on: June 18, 2010, 07:11:27 PM »

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2010/06/judge_denies_visitation_with_k.html
Judge denies visitation with daughters to Douglas Stewart, who now faces abuse/neglect allegation
June 17, 2010

CENTREVILLE — Douglas Stewart will continue to have no contact with his two young daughters after St. Joseph County Family Court Judge Thomas E. Shumaker said a jury would decide if Stewart is a fit parent.

Noticeably absent from Thursday’s child abuse/neglect arraignment was the children’s mother, Venus Stewart, who was abducted from outside her parents’ Colon home April 26.
Douglas Stewart has been identified by Michigan State Police as the lone “person of interest” in his estranged wife’s disappearance. But no arrests have been made.

Thursday’s arraignment resulted from a civil petition brought by the St. Joseph County Prosecutor’s office on behalf of the county’s Department of Human Services that alleges Douglas Stewart engaged in inappropriate sexual contact with at least one of his daughters. That petition is based on claims Venus Stewart brought to authorities while the family was together, living in Virginia, earlier this year.

Shumaker’s ruling to keep the girls in court-supervised foster care and separated from their father was supported by John Bush, a Sturgis attorney appointed to represent the daughters’ interests.

Lawyers for Douglas Stewart denied the child abuse allegations and requested a jury trial on the civil matter. A pretrial conference is slated for July 1 when a trial date could be set.

In these types of cases, a six-member jury makes decisions that affect parental rights.

Court records show the Stewarts had a tumultuous relationship when they lived in Michigan and later when the family moved to Virginia. In a custody action brought by Venus Stewart shortly before her disappearance, she alleged that one daughter told her that Douglas Stewart had engaged the girl in inappropriate sexual contact.

The filing said Venus Stewart immediately left Virginia with the girls and returned to Michigan where she was living with her parents when she was abducted.
Douglas Stewart has denied the sexual abuse allegation in his court filings, claiming his wife manufactured the charge to gain custody. He has also denied any role in Venus Stewart’s disappearance and declined reporters’ requests for comment at Thursday’s court appearance.

Several of Stewart’s family members were in the courtroom Thursday. But most of the gallery contained friends and relatives of Venus Stewart.

Meanwhile, Detective Michael Scott, of the Michigan State Police, White Pigeon, said Thursday the investigation into what happened to Venus Stewart continues full-time here, aided by police in Newport News, Va., where the couple had lived.

Scott, a 30-year state police veteran who has been the go-to investigator in a number of high-profile St. Joseph County cases, called the Stewart investigation “unique.”

“This continues to be a very active case,” Scott said. “Usually, by this time, we’ve gotten what we’re going to get in leads. In this case, we’re still getting leads that are significant."

Scott declined to elaborate on what new evidence police have uncovered. But he acknowledged officers still don’t know Venus Stewart’s whereabouts, only that there has been no sign of her since she went, dressed in her pajamas, to retrieve mail from her parents’ mailbox early in the morning of April 26.

Scott said the results of forensic tests on a substance believed to be blood recovered from Douglas Stewart’s vehicle still may be weeks off.

And police continue to follow tips that place Douglas Stewart in Michigan at the time his wife disappeared, rather than in Virginia, as he has claimed. An impostor was passing himself off as Douglas Stewart at various locations in the Newport News area on the day Venus disappeared, police have said.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #134 on: June 23, 2010, 01:45:27 PM »

Doug Stewart was arrested last night for his missing estranged wife's murder and kidnapping..I do not have a link yet. A poster at HFTM left the message.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #135 on: June 23, 2010, 01:52:24 PM »

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stewart Charged With Open MurderPosted Wednesday June 23, 2010
18 minutes ago

CENTREVILLE (WTVB) – Michigan State Police say they are convinced that Doug Stewart abducted and killed his estranged wife, Bronson high graduate Venus Stewart. Doug Stewart was arrested yesterday and is being lodged in the St. Joseph County Jail. St, Joseph County Prosecutor John McDonough said Stewart is being held on open murder and conspiracy charges.

Venus disappeared two months ago this Saturday, leaving behind only scuff marks on a propane tank, signs of a struggle in some loose gravel and the wrapper from a Walmart tarp, in her parent’s front yard. She vanished a week after she gained custody of their two daughters, alleging that Doug had had inappropriate contact with one of the girls.

Evidence began surfacing pointing at Doug as the likely suspect. A witness saw a truck like his parked nearby on the morning of her disappearance. Later forensic teams would find blood in the truck, and a receipt from a Walmart in Ohio recording the purchase of a tarp, gloves and a shovel the day before her disappearance.

He insisted he had an alibi, that he was in Virginia that morning, but Investigators now say an imposter was used to create that alibi. He has since given State Police information about the case. There have been reports of other evidence, tire tracks, trace materials pulled from the vehicle and eyewitness accounts of Stewart being in Michigan the day before the abduction. Stewart is expected to be arraigned later today.

http://www.wtvbam.com/news/articles/2010/jun/23/stewart-arrested-wifes-disappearance/

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #136 on: June 23, 2010, 01:56:43 PM »

Details of allegations against Doug Stewart released
Comments 8 | Recommend 0
June 22, 2010 6:08 PM
ST. JOSEPH COUNTY, Mich. (NEWSCHANNEL 3) – New information is emerging about why the estranged husband of Venus Stewart is facing child abuse charges.

Venus was last seen in April, her estranged husband, Doug Stewart, is the only person of interest in her disappearance. 

Doug was recently ordered to stand trial for a separate case involving one of the couple's two daughters. 

Court records that became public Tuesday afternoon explain why the judge thought there was enough evidence to authorize the prosecutor's petition. 

Cameras were not permitted at the recent hearing, and the specific abuse allegations against Doug were not known until the court records became public.

The first says the Department of Human Services received a complaint regarding inappropriate contact between Doug and one of his daughters in late February. 

The second says that daughter had a forensic interview that determined her statements were consistent and credible. 

During the recent hearing, Stewart's attorney denied the allegations and requested a jury trial. She also requested a change of venue to Kalamazoo County, something the judge denied. 

The judge wrote “all factors show residence of the children was and is St. Joseph County, also there are Department of Human Service records that Venus Stewart was receiving benefits for her two girls from St. Joseph County DHS. There can be no other ruling by the court except the venue is in St. Joseph County and the children have and do reside there.” 

Doug Stewart has a pre-trial hearing set for July 1st. His attorney had argued for a change of venue because of adverse publicity, but the judge wrote that the county prosecutor wants to try and seat an impartial jury in St. Joseph County before moving the case.

http://www.wwmt.com/articles/style-1378122-span-margin.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #137 on: June 23, 2010, 01:58:29 PM »

Douglas Stewart charged with murder
Comments 19 | Recommend 4
June 23, 2010 10:16 AM

CENTREVILLE, Mich. (NEWSCHANNEL 3) - The man who is under suspicion for the disappearance of his wife has been charged with murder.

The last time anyone saw Venus Stewart was late April.

She vanished from her parents house in Colon Township.

Police have been keeping a close eye on her estranged husband Douglas Stewart.

He claimed to be in Virginia at the time of her disappearance, but now he's under arrest and has been charged with murder.

Police say that they ramped up the investigation after an impersonator was discovered. Investigators think that the man posed as Stewart to give him an alibi.

http://www.wwmt.com/articles/charged-1378156-stewart-douglas.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #138 on: June 23, 2010, 04:41:58 PM »

VIDEO
http://www.chicagotribune.com/topic/fox17-venus-stewart,0,100097.story
Stewart was arrested Tuesday near his parent's home in Fulton and is being held in the St. Joseph County jail. He's expected to be arraigned Wednesday afternoon on charges of open murder and conspiracy to committ murder.

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #139 on: June 23, 2010, 04:44:53 PM »

Details of allegations against Doug Stewart released
Comments 8 | Recommend 0
June 22, 2010 6:08 PM
ST. JOSEPH COUNTY, Mich. (NEWSCHANNEL 3) – New information is emerging about why the estranged husband of Venus Stewart is facing child abuse charges.

Venus was last seen in April, her estranged husband, Doug Stewart, is the only person of interest in her disappearance. 

Doug was recently ordered to stand trial for a separate case involving one of the couple's two daughters. 

Court records that became public Tuesday afternoon explain why the judge thought there was enough evidence to authorize the prosecutor's petition. 

Cameras were not permitted at the recent hearing, and the specific abuse allegations against Doug were not known until the court records became public.

The first says the Department of Human Services received a complaint regarding inappropriate contact between Doug and one of his daughters in late February. 

The second says that daughter had a forensic interview that determined her statements were consistent and credible. 

During the recent hearing, Stewart's attorney denied the allegations and requested a jury trial. She also requested a change of venue to Kalamazoo County, something the judge denied. 

The judge wrote “all factors show residence of the children was and is St. Joseph County, also there are Department of Human Service records that Venus Stewart was receiving benefits for her two girls from St. Joseph County DHS. There can be no other ruling by the court except the venue is in St. Joseph County and the children have and do reside there.” 

Doug Stewart has a pre-trial hearing set for July 1st. His attorney had argued for a change of venue because of adverse publicity, but the judge wrote that the county prosecutor wants to try and seat an impartial jury in St. Joseph County before moving the case.

http://www.wwmt.com/articles/style-1378122-span-margin.html

Thank-you for the article. Camera's aren't allowed in the Courtroom. This is a high profile case, I wonder if Courtroom Artist's
are allowed in the Courtroom?

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.