April 19, 2024, 10:27:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Venus Rose Stewart 32, msg 5/3/10 - Colon Township, MI (Hubby Convicted)  (Read 63800 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #200 on: April 30, 2011, 07:57:16 PM »

Thanks for bringing the article ka8lhi.  I hope Venus's remains can be found, and even though this body was found 35 miles away, it's possible it could be her. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #201 on: May 01, 2011, 07:18:13 PM »

I was reading about the Comstock remains this morning and wondered...
It certainly is possible.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
ka8lhi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #202 on: May 06, 2011, 01:54:55 PM »

I am highlighting an interesting part of this new article...

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/kalamazoo_and_battle_creek/Families-wonder-about-Kzoo-Co-remains

snipped...

Stewart was 32 when she vanished in April 2010 from St. Joseph County. Her estranged husband, Doug Stewart, was convicted for her murder and is currently serving a life sentence.

Stewart's family said Doug's sister lives in the general area where the remains were found.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #203 on: May 06, 2011, 09:02:34 PM »

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/kalamazoo_and_battle_creek/Families-wonder-about-Kzoo-Co-remains

snipped...

Stewart was 32 when she vanished in April 2010 from St. Joseph County. Her estranged husband, Doug Stewart, was convicted for her murder and is currently serving a life sentence.

Stewart's family said Doug's sister lives in the general area where the remains were found.

Thank you ka8lhi.  I hope Venus's remains will be recovered so her family can bury her. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #204 on: May 07, 2011, 09:19:33 AM »

snipped...

Thank you ka8lhi.  I hope Venus's remains will be recovered so her family can bury her. 
Amen MuffyBee and thanks ka8lhi for the updates.

ka8lhi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #205 on: June 16, 2011, 11:53:20 AM »

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2011/06/homicide_cause_of_death_of_uni.html

::snipping2::

They have determined that the remains are not those of Tammie Briley, Mary Lands or Venus Stewart, three local women who are missing.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #206 on: June 16, 2011, 01:10:26 PM »

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2011/06/homicide_cause_of_death_of_uni.html

They have determined that the remains are not those of Tammie Briley, Mary Lands or Venus Stewart, three local women who are missing.

Thank you for the update ka8lhi.  The remains are not those of three local women who are missing (including Venus); that means there will be another family and/or friends that will get the news of a death.  Sad.    I hope Venus Stewart's remains can be found and she can be laid to rest.  It must be so hard for her parents, and of course the small children that were left without a mother, not to mention how horrible it was their own father that murdered her.     I'd like to add I hope Tammie and Mary are found too.   an angelic monkey

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #207 on: June 28, 2011, 10:22:05 PM »

http://www.sturgisjournal.com/features/x1425872967/Sentencing-set-for-accomplice
Sentencing set for accomplice
June 17, 2011

Centreville, Mich. —

Ricky Spencer, a 20-year-old man from Bear, Del., who confessed to being an accomplice to convicted murderer Douglas Stewart, will be sentenced July 22 in St. Joseph County Circuit Court  in Centreville.

Spencer was accompanied Wednesday by his parents, Richard and Donna Spencer, when he appeared before  District Court Judge William Welty. With his attorney, Saagar Shah, at his side, Spencer pleaded no contest to conspiring to commit homicide/manslaughter.

Bond was set at $30,000, and Spencer was allowed to return home.
After his appearance in District Court, Spencer was immediately arraigned by Circuit Court Judge Paul Stutesman.
Spencer will serve no more than one year in the St. Joseph County jail.

It was Spencer’s testimony about impersonating Douglas Stewart that helped bring a murder conviction in March. He agreed to cooperate with Michigan State Police after police traced his whereabouts to Delaware. Spencer remained at Stewart’s apartment in Newport News, Va., while Stewart drove to Michigan.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #208 on: June 28, 2011, 10:26:18 PM »

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2011/06/ricky_spencer_accomplice_in_sl.html
Ricky Spencer, accomplice in slaying, abduction of Venus Stewart, pleads no contest to felony manslaughter charge
June 17, 2011

Ricky Spencer, 21, of Bear, Del., entered the plea to conspiracy to commit manslaughter in front of St. Joseph County Circuit Judge Paul Stutesman, a circuit court official said. The felony is punishable by up to 15 years in prison.

Under terms of a plea agreement, St. Joseph County Prosecutor John McDonough is recommending that Spencer serve no more than one year in the St. Joseph County Jail. Spencer, who is free on bond, is scheduled to be sentenced by Stutesman on July 22.
Spencer testified during Doug Stewart's trial that he acted as Stewart's impostor and alibi in Newport News, Va., where Stewart resided, and stayed at Stewart's apartment while Stewart traveled to Michigan to abduct and kill Venus Stewart, 32, in April 2010.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #209 on: July 08, 2011, 01:36:11 AM »

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2011/07/dateline_nbc_to_air_story_abou.html

'Dateline NBC' to air story about Venus Stewart murder case
Published: Wednesday, July 06, 2011, 6:25 PM     Updated: Thursday, July 07, 2011, 7:26 PM
By Rex Hall Jr. | Kalamazoo Gazette The Kalamazoo Gazette

The television program "Dateline NBC" plans to air its story about the Venus Stewart case on Friday, July 15, according to a producer with the show.

The program is scheduled to run from 9:30 p.m. to 11 p.m., immediately after a 90-minute finale of the show "Friday Night Lights."

A crew from the program covered the trial earlier this year that ended in the conviction of Stewart's husband, Doug Stewart, for first-degree murder.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #210 on: July 16, 2011, 06:19:19 PM »

http://hamptonroads.com/2011/07/dateline-features-case-newport-news-man-wife
'Dateline' features case of Newport News man, wife
July 15, 2011

The case of a former Newport News man sentenced to life in prison in his wife’s killing last year will be featured on NBCs “Dateline” show tonight.
Dateline airs tonight at 9:30 p.m. on WAVY-TV.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #211 on: July 18, 2011, 09:23:07 AM »

July 15, 2011

The case of a former Newport News man sentenced to life in prison in his wife’s killing last year will be featured on NBCs “Dateline” show tonight.

Did anyone watch this?  I'm so hesitant about these programs now after Caylee's unfair trial results.

melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #212 on: July 18, 2011, 11:02:51 PM »

I did Sister and I do believe it was accurate I learned a little more about the guy who helped him.  Informative and pretty good, catch online if you have time.  I was sending you "mind email" not a day ago!  I was thinking we all could use one of your wonderful prayers on the Caylee thread cause we are so full with the feeling of injustice toward Caylee.  Just needed a word to keep me balanced and I just thought what you would say and it helped me a great deal.  I don't know you, but I do, and you are a calming presence and so good spreading the word.  Thank you and God Bless you and the family always!
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #213 on: July 20, 2011, 06:34:48 AM »

melisb, thank you for such kind words.  Having a few struggles of my own right now, leaving this morning for a third surgery, ovarian cancer keeps on coming.  All will be fine, that I know.
Just remember Caylee is safe, happy, and in a place filled with love.  momster will be judged, of that I am sure.

melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #214 on: July 20, 2011, 07:15:51 AM »

Sister, I'm so very sorry but I do know you are in the best hands possible!  Wish I was there to lend a hand at least cook a meal, do a little laundry, just support in however you would need it!  You are in my thoughts and prayers!  Email hugs and love sent to you and your family!
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #215 on: July 20, 2011, 09:33:00 AM »

July 15, 2011

Did anyone watch this?  I'm so hesitant about these programs now after Caylee's unfair trial results.

this jury got it right..even though Venus' body has not been found yet..the jurors used common sense to put this killer behind bars..

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #216 on: July 23, 2011, 08:20:26 AM »

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-ap-mi-missingwife-sente,0,4179611.story

Man sentenced in abduction, death of Venus Stewart

Associated Press

11:35 a.m. CDT, July 22, 2011
CENTREVILLE, Mich.—
A man accused of being the accomplice in the abduction and slaying of a 32-year-old Michigan woman has been sentenced to a year in jail and three years' probation.

The Kalamazoo Gazette reports Friday that St. Joseph County Circuit Court Judge Paul Stutesman announced Ricky Spencer's sentence in Centreville, 72 miles south of Grand Rapids.

more at link

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #217 on: January 26, 2012, 12:00:17 PM »

http://www.fox17online.com/news/landing/fox17-venus-stewart,0,7373522.story

Doug Stewart Found Guilty of Killing Wife

Snip...

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #218 on: January 26, 2012, 12:45:11 PM »

::justice2NJ::  Thank you for the update seahorse!!   I sometimes still think of Venus when I walk out in the morning to my mailbox or to pick up my newspaper.  She was doing something as innocent as that when Doug Stewart abducted and then murdered her.  How terrible for her parents and her children who were right there in the house when he got her.     The children are growing up without their mother and their father murdered her.  I really feel for Venus's family and kids. 

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #219 on: January 26, 2012, 01:59:17 PM »

::justice2NJ::  Thank you for the update seahorse!!   I sometimes still think of Venus when I walk out in the morning to my mailbox or to pick up my newspaper.  She was doing something as innocent as that when Doug Stewart abducted and then murdered her.  How terrible for her parents and her children who were right there in the house when he got her.     The children are growing up without their mother and their father murdered her.  I really feel for Venus's family and kids. 

Hi Muffy,

You are welcome. 

Yes, it hurts to see anyone killed, but this case is so painful.  Doug would not have pulled this off without
his accomplice, this is what unsettles me.  Venus should still be living, if this second person, reported Doug’s plan, to the police. The accomplice only received a sentence of a year, (in the County jail), and the parents have a live-time sentence of grieve.

In addition, as you mentioned the kiddies, have no mom for mother’s day, or any day. 

Searches are still going on looking for her body, within the five-mile radius of the cell phone pings, according to in sessions
On TV.

DS bought bags of Peat Moss, farmers use this material (when burying a horse) to keep critters away. I am sorry but Insessions
does not have a link, well, they do have a link, but no current information.  I watched the Trial off and on, but was surprisely pleased with the verdict, but still not happy with the accomplices one year in jail.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.