April 28, 2024, 10:33:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Venus Rose Stewart 32, msg 5/3/10 - Colon Township, MI (Hubby Convicted)  (Read 63867 times)
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #80 on: May 16, 2010, 06:29:01 PM »

Thank-you Klaas,

Venus had some bad PMS

Edit:  What a rude thing to say about a missing woman who has likely been murdered by her ex.

Wow. 

I listened to that clip.

I didn't hear them mention PMS.

I did hear that Venus had one domestic violence charge for bloodying Douglas Stewart's nose, and one Disturbing the Peace for arguing in the yard.

I also heard that Venus had taken out three (3) Orders of Protection against Douglas during those years.

The fact is that Venus removed herself and her children from that violent, dysfunctional, and unhealthy situation, separated herself from Douglas, and returned to live with her parents in Michigan.

I don't imagine her alleged PMS can be blamed for the fact Douglas stopped in Ohio the day before her disappearance and purchased a shovel, gloves, and a tarp.

PMS, indeed.    

Venus does need to worry about PMS anymore. 

Edit:  What a rude thing to say about a missing woman who has likely been murdered by her ex.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 08:17:04 PM by klaasend » Logged

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #81 on: May 16, 2010, 07:03:11 PM »

Seahorse, why are you bashing Venus Stewart in this thread?  From what I've been able to read from reports and articles, she and her husband Douglas had a rocky relationship resulting in domestic violence reports and etc. It looks like both have had run ins with the police over the domestic violect.   In one of your posts, you are of the opinion Venus left her two children "(unsupervisored)" and "unattended".  Do you have a link to any charges or suspicions from any reliable sources of that?  The police are involved in Venus's missing case and I haven't seen anything about child endangerment.  I'm disturbed by your use of the phrase "another nail in her coffin" when referring to when Venus walked out her parents front door to mail a letter.  And I don't know where the subject of "PMS" came from.  You posted "Venus had some bad PMS".  In reference to?  That smacks of a nasty little jibe at a female/woman.  A cheap shot.  Why?  Do you have a link to some information that Venus had medical problems prior having gone missing?  Venus Stewart is missing.  It appears there is evidence of a struggle.  Venus may not have been a perfect person/mom/wife whatever, I don't really know.  What I do know is at this time it looks like you are throwing things out that besmirch her character that so far I can't find a basis to, and you've provided no proof of.  Why?  Why do are you bashing Venus?  Is this something personal?  Do you know something we don't know?  Would you like to share that?  I'm just really curious why you are attacking Venus. 

I don't want to see this thread derailed over details of whether leaving a 3 year old and a 5 year old child in a house with their grandparent while the mother goes out 80 feet to mail a letter.  However, I would like to see some substantiation in the way of articles with links to the charges you are making about Venus.  Some of what you say are opinions, and we are all entitled to our opinions.  But in the last page of so of this thread, I see you giving more than your opinion.  You are attacking a missing person, a victim.  Do you REALLY believe what you've posted about Venus?  It looks to me like you are looking for attention.  When you post stuff like that in an MP thread, you are trying to get a rise out of posters.  And you know what?  That's very  TROLL like.  JMHO   Instead of any more rebuttals to your ridiculous and uncalled for accusations besmirching Venus's character, I think the best thing would be for me and other posters to put you on ignore, and not give you the attention you obviously crave.  Notice this post is in black, which means I am posting in this forum as a fellow poster/monkey and I'm giving my opinion.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
newfie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #82 on: May 17, 2010, 12:02:32 AM »

pms indeed That is just plain wrong.

I have to agree Lifesong, we are all capable of being angered and provoked and I do not condone violence in any way or shape... but I too have my limits. I think the husband knew what buttons to push and manipulated as well as fueled the situation. Venus eventually fled the the dysfunction and no matter what she was guilty of marital wise in regards to arguments and domestic situations she is now missing , most likely dead, and two young children are wondering where their mother is. Venus is the victim at this point and I say her husband is guilty... this is just my opinion but evidence is pointing his way.
newfie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #83 on: May 17, 2010, 12:07:04 AM »

sorry muffy looks like we posted around the same time. I too would like to hear Seahorse's reasoning behind the bashing of Venus. I usually prefer to be neutral and read and respect but something about this is rubbing me wrong. Have a nice night all.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #84 on: May 17, 2010, 10:27:55 AM »

sorry muffy looks like we posted around the same time. I too would like to hear Seahorse's reasoning behind the bashing of Venus. I usually prefer to be neutral and read and respect but something about this is rubbing me wrong. Have a nice night all.

Monkeys did you read this?

WAVY.com has learned, Douglas Stewart was a decorated Marine, based at Camp Lejeune from 1999 to 2003.

http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/local_news/apparent-blood-in-couples-truck

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #85 on: May 17, 2010, 10:31:13 AM »

Newfie,

I am questioning why Venus left with her husband to Virginia?  This is after she filed charges against him about there daughter.

I would not have left with a man if I felt he had anything to do with my daughter, would you?  The charges were found

unconclusive, but, I still would never have left with a guy and the kids if I felt he even looked at them sideways.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #86 on: May 17, 2010, 10:33:35 AM »

WAVY.com has learned, Douglas Stewart was a decorated Marine, based at Camp Lejeune from 1999 to 2003.

Not sure what that has to do with anything.  Are you trying to say that because he was a decorated Marine he can't be guilty of harming Venus?  If that's what you are implying I disagree 100%.

To answer your question about why she would go with him if he was abusing her or the children, the answer is FEAR.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #87 on: May 17, 2010, 12:07:58 PM »

Not sure what that has to do with anything.  Are you trying to say that because he was a decorated Marine he can't be guilty of harming Venus?  If that's what you are implying I disagree 100%.

To answer your question about why she would go with him if he was abusing her or the children, the answer is FEAR.

Klaas,

Bingo! 

Yes, (that is what I am saying) he doesn't care if he is caught.  He is confident a jury would not convict him and would have
be sympathy for him for being a battered husband and a decorated Marine.

Woman get off all the time on murder charges (being battered wife), he may just have set-up Venus to punch him
in the nose "five times".  He would have it on court records (he may just have had this premediated from a few years ago).

He wasn't stupid (as most thought) about leaving evidence, he did not care because he knows a jury won't convict him
without a body, and with his outstanding military service record and Venus Court records of abuse.

What guy allows him wife to punch him in the nose "five times"? 

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #88 on: May 17, 2010, 01:05:37 PM »

Seahorse - I've seen way too many ex military commit horrendous crimes to give this guy some sort of pass because he was in the military.  I don't think jurors today are that uninformed.

Yes, he may very well have begged her to hit him (go head, hit me, see what good it will do you).

IMO, this guy is going down.  LE is on his trail.  He's going to go down just like Drew Peterson is going down. 
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #89 on: May 17, 2010, 01:34:41 PM »

Yeah.....what Klaas said. Oh, and the No Body No Crime/Case only works in Aruba 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #90 on: May 17, 2010, 02:37:11 PM »

Seahorse - I've seen way too many ex military commit horrendous crimes to give this guy some sort of pass because he was in the military.  I don't think jurors today are that uninformed.

Yes, he may very well have begged her to hit him (go head, hit me, see what good it will do you).

IMO, this guy is going down.  LE is on his trail.  He's going to go down just like Drew Peterson is going down. 

Klaas,

I hope you are right.  Yes, he likely egged her on (both times) when she was arrested. He may have tried to get her

locked away, he was pleading to the court for help for her, he was afraid for his life, 

Her father said it was luck, I think the husband knew her routine, Venus may had a cigerette (outside) before the kids woke up,

she may have mailed a letter and may not have, too. She just needed to cover yourself for being outside for a cigerette break,

in case her mom called or her Dad woke up.

It is such a shame she was persuaded into moving to VA., she left her job, family and house to nothing but insecurity. He

probably pushed her over the edge and then some. 

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #91 on: May 17, 2010, 05:08:12 PM »

"The people who live in the area who have seen him said he was disheveled and was wet and without a shirt and asking for a cigarette," said First Lt. Mike Risco, commander of the Michigan State Police at White Pigeon. "At this time he is not a suspect; however detectives would like to speak to him."

The man is part of the investigation into the April 26 disappearance of Venus Stewart, 32.

========================================================

She had to be transported .. Supposedly she knows how to fight ?? Or was that just her hubby playing games as he likes to fight and hit and break bones ? 

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #92 on: May 17, 2010, 06:07:27 PM »

"The people who live in the area who have seen him said he was disheveled and was wet and without a shirt and asking for a cigarette," said First Lt. Mike Risco, commander of the Michigan State Police at White Pigeon. "At this time he is not a suspect; however detectives would like to speak to him."

The man is part of the investigation into the April 26 disappearance of Venus Stewart, 32.

========================================================

She had to be transported .. Supposedly she knows how to fight ?? Or was that just her hubby playing games as he likes to fight and hit and break bones ? 

Hi Edward,

Do you know if Douglas H. Stewart was a Gulf War veteran, please? 

I don't need to know for any reason, only curiously. 

Thank-you

Seahorse

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #93 on: May 17, 2010, 09:57:23 PM »

Hi SeaHorse

I have not done any research on this case.. I looked around a little but did not come up with anything of value.. If I find anything I will post it.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #94 on: May 17, 2010, 11:16:53 PM »

Klaas,

I hope you are right.  Yes, he likely egged her on (both times) when she was arrested. He may have tried to get her

locked away, he was pleading to the court for help for her, he was afraid for his life, 

Her father said it was luck, I think the husband knew her routine, Venus may had a cigerette (outside) before the kids woke up,

she may have mailed a letter and may not have, too. She just needed to cover yourself for being outside for a cigerette break,

in case her mom called or her Dad woke up.

It is such a shame she was persuaded into moving to VA., she left her job, family and house to nothing but insecurity. He

probably pushed her over the edge and then some. 

I'm not sure how to respond to your imaginative post about Venus.  You may not mean to but your posts, almost all of them, are very demeaning to Venus.  Is there some reason for that?
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #95 on: May 18, 2010, 07:38:55 AM »

I believe everything the husband did was calculated.  When V.S. punched him in the nose "five times" to when the second
time she was arrested, I feel he orchestrated both times, to have it on public court records.

When I found out he was in the service, everything started making sense to me, he had to have self-discipline to succeed in
the four years in the service.  I was in the military for three years, I understand how cunning some military members are
and that is good, sometimes. In the service everything is "CYA" "which means cover your butt" 

So my little opinion is he was covering his butt by orchestrating little by little her court records, so she would look like
she lacked competence, I didn't mean she was!  I just believe he was inch by inch setting her up to CYA.  She mostly
likely was a happy go lucky person until she married. JMO

Yes, I feel he may have tried to "get rid of her in another way" and that didn't work and then he resorted to plan B. 
When he stated that "he was afraid of her" he may have been implying other things, all calculated.

Oh, the mollestation charges puzzled me, (if the reports have been correct) I was curious why she moved with him to VA
after she filled charges even though the results were proven inconclusive.  That is what is most puzzling to me.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #96 on: May 18, 2010, 09:39:09 AM »

http://www.examiner.com/x-46795-Missing-Persons-Examiner~y2010m5d17-New-evidence-surfaces-for-missing-mom-in-pajamas
New evidence surfaces for missing mom in pajamas
May 17, 2010

Venus Rose Stewart, 32 who walked to the mailbox in her pajamas and disappeared on April 26, is still missing,and new information has surfaced.

Police have gone back to Venus' ex-husbands, Douglas Stewart's home, with warrants to search his property.

According to CBS affiliate WWMT, court documents say that detectives found a blood stain on Douglas Stewart's truck on the driver's side door and a receipt from an Ohio Wal-Mart for purchases for gloves, a shovel and a tarp the day before Venus disappeared. The authorities also removed items from Douglas' home that he used to live in with Venus in Virginia.

A local CBS station reported that the documents say that the tire impressions taken at the scene where Venus disappeared, matches the pattern of the tire's on Douglas Stewart's truck.

There is also a report that a neighbor saw a man crouched behind a gray pick-up truck that was parked on an empty lot across the street from Venus' parents home where she was staying when she vanished.

Police have also released a sketch of a suspect who may be connected to the disappearance. Two witnesses spotted a man on nearby Adam's Lake and they said he was wet and approached the witnesses for a cigarette.

Venus Stewart is described as 5'4", 130 lbs., with brown eyes and dark hair. She was last seen wearing pajamas.

Police ask that anyone with information to call the White Pigeon Post at 269-483-7611 or the State Police Regional Dispatch Center in Rockford at 616-866-6666.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #97 on: May 18, 2010, 09:40:25 AM »

http://www.wlkm.com/?p=13332
Search continues for Venus Stewart
May 17, 2010

A search party that exceeded more than 100 volunteers came up empty Friday in search of clues related to the disappearance of 32-year-old Venus Stewart.

The Colon Township woman was reported missing April 26 and is believed to have been kidnapped.

Organized by Vicksburg resident Denny Olson, the foot search covered vast portions of Colon and Leonidas townships. Searchers ventured into heavily wooded areas, swamp banks and isolated pockets of land.

Stewart, a Bronson High School alumna, has two children and police have said her estranged husband, Douglas Stewart, is the only person of interest for now.

In another matter related to Venus Stewart, Holy Angels Church in Sturgis is hosting a pancake breakfast Saturday, with proceeds to benefit the care of her two children, ages 3 and 5 years.

Tickets for the breakfast are $5.50 per person, and food will be served from 7 to 11 a.m. There will also be a 50/50 drawing.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #98 on: May 18, 2010, 09:42:20 AM »

http://www.southbendtribune.com/article/20100518/News01/5180362/-1/googleNews
Briefs – Michigan
INVESTIGATION

Search continues for missing woman

May 18, 2010
COLON — The Michigan State Police continue to search for 32-year-old Venus Rose Stewart three weeks after her disappearance from Colon Township in St. Joseph County (Mich.).
It is believed that Stewart was abducted from her parents' home the morning of April 26. She was last seen wearing pajamas.

Virginia law enforcement located two vehicles owned by Stewart and her estranged husband, Douglas Stewart. Douglas Stewart was found in Virginia.

MSP searched the vehicles, and found a receipt from a Walmart in Ohio for items including a tarp, gloves, a shovel and a hat in a 2005 Dodge Ram pickup truck, MSP Lt. Mike Risko said. The items were purchased the day before Venus Stewart's disappearance.

Crime scene technicians also found what could be blood inside the truck, police said.

"Douglas Stewart is our person of interest, and the only person of interest," Risko said, adding that Douglas Stewart has returned to Michigan.

Venus Stewart is white, 5 feet 4, weighs about 130 pounds with brown eyes and dark hair.

If anyone has seen Venus, please contact the MSP White Pigeon Post at (269) 483-7611 or after hours at the Rockford Regional Dispatch Center at (616) 866-6666.
(snip)

melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #99 on: May 18, 2010, 10:01:57 AM »

I believe everything the husband did was calculated.  When V.S. punched him in the nose "five times" to when the second
time she was arrested, I feel he orchestrated both times, to have it on public court records.

When I found out he was in the service, everything started making sense to me, he had to have self-discipline to succeed in
the four years in the service.  I was in the military for three years, I understand how cunning some military members are
and that is good, sometimes. In the service everything is "CYA" "which means cover your butt" 

So my little opinion is he was covering his butt by orchestrating little by little her court records, so she would look like
she lacked competence, I didn't mean she was!  I just believe he was inch by inch setting her up to CYA.  She mostly
likely was a happy go lucky person until she married. JMO

Yes, I feel he may have tried to "get rid of her in another way" and that didn't work and then he resorted to plan B. 
When he stated that "he was afraid of her" he may have been implying other things, all calculated.

Oh, the mollestation charges puzzled me, (if the reports have been correct) I was curious why she moved with him to VA
after she filled charges even though the results were proven inconclusive.  That is what is most puzzling to me.

Seahorse...Good Monkey morning to you and all!  IMO Venus was probably CYA herself.  Even with molestation charges made by her (found inconclusive)I agree with Muffy, she was planning a way out.  Her thinking may have been, I'll move with him there, let him think things are okay and while he's at work I'll pack up and move without threats, violence, a big scene, or whatever she may have been afraid of.  If I was afraid of my husband this is the way I would do it.  That puts him a little further away from her parents home where she planned to go to for safety.  If you have a trully evil person somethimes they find you no matter what you do.  Poor children, having to lose both parents this way.  I hope they have a good happy life here on out with their granparents.  Finding their Mother would be better sooner than later so that they may begin to pick up the pieces and move on.  I'm so glad the community is supporting the family.  God Bless.

Melisb- I don't recall posting anything personally relating specifically to Venus planning a way out.  But I do think she was trying to get out.  She had moved with her children into her parents home. 

« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 10:15:12 AM by MuffyBee » Logged
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.