April 26, 2024, 07:39:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chip St Clair - One of America's Most Facinating True Crime Cases  (Read 8354 times)
Cherry6905
Scared Monkey

« on: May 04, 2010, 01:20:56 PM »

Original Link to Time's Up Post entitled Chip St Clair - Hero to all the “Children of the Secret" http://timesupblog.blogspot.com/2010/05/chip-stclair-hero-to-all-children-of.html

His father was Michael Grant, child killer, possible suspect of the OCCK murders in Michigan.

Comments are my opinion, not fact, not malicious, a commentary on the topic, an exercise of 1st Amend Rights.
Cherry6905
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 10:38:40 AM »

Soon to be made into a movie...

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/susanmurphymilano/2010/05/05/predators-behind-bars

Susan Murphy-Milano hosts BlogTalkRadio Show "Predators Behind Bars" at 3PM Weds May 5, 2010

Call-in Number: (347) 326-9337

Guests Chip St. Clair is the author of the bestselling memoir The Butterfly Garden – a haunting account of surviving the darkest of family secrets — a childhood unknowingly spent on the run with one of America’s most wanted killers — of his metamorphosis from unthinkable horror to a future of self-discovery, hope, and peace using the power of literature and love to battle the demons of the past. And ultimately of his commitment to protect children, empower survivors, and put predators behind bars.

Comments are my opinion, not fact, not malicious, a commentary on the topic, an exercise of 1st Amend Rights.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 02:08:12 PM »

This report is from 2006

Interview Postponed In 1970s Child Slayings Probe
Man Believes His Father Could Be Responsible

POSTED: Wednesday, April 5, 2006
Local detectives who planned to interview an inmate in an Indiana prison Wednesday regarding the 1970s child slayings in Oakland County have rescheduled their visit, according to Rescue 4 Undercover.

Detectives planned to interview Michael Grant, 65, a convicted child killer who lived in Oakland County at the time of the infamous child murders, the station reported. Investigators also planned to ask Grant for his DNA, Rescue 4 reported.

Grant's son, Chip St. Clair, said he believes his father could be responsible for the 1970s child slayings in Oakland County.

"There's a lot of pictures that may indicate I might have been kidnapped, there's another child may have been murdered," said St. Clair.

St. Clair remembered his father as a decorated war hero, and also recalled violence in his house, Rescue 4 reported.

St. Clair said his father once asked him what he would say if he found out he was kidnapped and that Grant was in prison, according to Rescue 4. Ten years after that statement, St. Clair started to discover more about his father. Grant was arrested on a domestic violence charge and his fingerprints were run. Police revealed following his arrest that Grant -- who at the time was known as David St. Clair -- was allegedly living under a false name for 25 years and had a past to hide after allegedly killing a child, according to Rescue 4 Undercover and The Associated Press.

Prison officials decided to reschedule the visit with Grant on Wednesday because of the media spotlight, the station reported.

Sources told Rescue 4 reporter Karen Drew that Michigan detectives will head back to Indiana in the next few weeks.

The slayings of four children, whose bodies were also left along a roadside, have remained a mystery for 30 years, Local 4 reported. The victims include Timothy King, 11, who was kidnapped on March 16, 1977, outside a Birmingham pharmacy; Mark Stebbins, 12, who was abducted while walking to his Ferndale home in February 1976; Jill Robinson, 12, of Royal Oak, who disappeared on Dec. 22, 1976; and Kristin Mihelich, 10, who was abducted 11 days later from a convenience store in Berkley, according to Local 4 reports.
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/8484790/detail.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 02:09:40 PM »

The photo above looks so familiar to me. I'd swear we had the Michigan case here at SM somewhere, but I can't find it 

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/23251621/detail.html
Lawsuit Filed In '70s Child Killer Case
Family Of Victim Says Investigators Won't Share Information

POSTED: Friday, April 23, 2010
UPDATED: 6:02 pm EDT April 27, 2010

BIRMINGHAM, Mich. -- The unsolved slayings of the so-called Oakland County child killer terrified metro Detroiters from 1976 to 1977. Now, the family of one of the killer’s final victims, 11-year-old Timmy King, has filed a lawsuit against the Oakland County Prosecutor’s Office and Michigan State Police.

The lawsuit, which was filed in Oakland County Circuit Court, accuses investigators of failing to reveal a lead in the case.

Download: King Family Lawsuit Filing
Watch: Family Of Oakland Co. Child Killer Files Lawsuit

The victims include Timothy King, 11, who was kidnapped on March 16, 1977, outside a Birmingham pharmacy; Mark Stebbins, 12, who was abducted while walking to his Ferndale home in February 1976; Jill Robinson, 12, of Royal Oak, who disappeared on Dec. 22, 1976; and Kristin Mihelich, 10, who was abducted 11 days later from a convenience store in Berkley.

According to previous police reports, Timmy King was last seen talking to a man who one witness thought was driving a blue Gremlin with a white stripe and a white interior in Birmingham.

King's body was found six days later in a ditch in Livonia. Investigators said he had been sexually assaulted and suffocated. His clothes were neat and pressed, and his skateboard was next to him.

A friend of the King family, a polygraph examiner, said he met the man who conducted the polygraph of a Bloomfield Hills man named Christopher Busch shortly after the murders. He said a test showed that Busch was responsible for King's murder.

Busch was 25 years old when King was abducted. He was the son of a high-ranking GM executive. He also resembled a composite sketch that was circulated at the time of King's disappearance.

Busch also drove a blue Vega, a car that looks like a Gremlin, with a white stripe on the side.

King family members said they turned over all their information to state police and Oakland County prosecutors, but that, after three years, police and prosecutors have not told them anything and will not allow them to look at any files.

Busch was a convicted pedophile and committed suicide in 1978.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Cherry6905
Scared Monkey

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2010, 10:05:20 AM »

Thanks Nutt44x4

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.