March 28, 2024, 03:25:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #37 5/24/10 - 7/15/10  (Read 312053 times)
penny for your thoughts
Monkey Junky

« Reply #240 on: May 27, 2010, 01:25:02 AM »

I don't even want to get into the middle of this.  Just want to make a gentle suggestion to include --->  IMO  <--- with each post that may otherwise be taken as fact or the general consenus of each and every monkey. 

IMO = In My Opinion

don't worry wyks anyone reading this thread would clearly understand i am the only one that feels that way and would clearly see what the general consensus would be...
strange that i usually agree with most of the posters that can't believe i feel this way and i absolutely cannot believe that they are so against the only "croslin" with a job, their own place, and an education... litterally the only one come on guys really?
strange
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #241 on: May 27, 2010, 01:37:36 AM »

I don't even want to get into the middle of this.  Just want to make a gentle suggestion to include --->  IMO  <--- with each post that may otherwise be taken as fact or the general consenus of each and every monkey. 

IMO = In My Opinion

don't worry wyks anyone reading this thread would clearly understand i am the only one that feels that way and would clearly see what the general consensus would be...
strange that i usually agree with most of the posters that can't believe i feel this way and i absolutely cannot believe that they are so against the only "croslin" with a job, their own place, and an education... litterally the only one come on guys really?
strange

IMO Lyndsy is not even in a frame of mind to make good decisions right now.  I dont think it
makes her a shell of a woman to try to adjust to her situation and having sole support  of her
children.  She has to be in a state of shock and the Lyndsy gone wild phase should be put on
hold until she can adjust to her new job and her life alone with her children.  Her children are very young.
Give her time to get her wits about her before she goes hog wild.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #242 on: May 27, 2010, 02:14:05 AM »

IMO = In My Opinion

strange

It's a good suggestion, Wyks, and I agree with it. If we can manage to keep the topic off of social mores and our individual opinions about them, this thread stands a much better chance of being one that all posters will be comfortable in. Penny, if you're aware that " I am the only one that feels that way...." please don't continue to provoke reactions by asserting a lone view on an issue that reaches beyond the case. Thanks so much!  
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #243 on: May 27, 2010, 02:17:42 AM »

Justice for Haleigh!

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #244 on: May 27, 2010, 06:08:00 AM »

If Lindsy had to work to feed her kids rather than get
free handouts from the gov. I'm almost positive she would
have less time in her schedule to be:

1. Spinning
2. Focusing on her foot and her muffin
3. Fixing dinner for Basketball Jones
4. Calling her grandparents for her next handout
5. Neglecting her dog. She does, I heard it from her own mouth.
6. Diddling with her new laptop Padilla fronted for her

I just had to suffer people like this living next to me for the past two years.
They were friggin' MISERABLE to live next to. The father gave the daughter a
NICE place to live. She married a loser - a felon with no job. They had a 2-3
year adorable child. The vehicle they had was a POS. No reg. / No insurance -
and DILBERT, the 'husband' ran out everyday to "FIX" it before they could get
it started to go anywhere. He "FIXED" it - everyday - sometimes for hours on
end and for some reason when he "fixed" it, it would set off the car alarm
horn. There were some days when I wanted to go out and "fix" his broken neck.
The one I was fixing to snap in half.

They got food stamps. They had free rent, all utilities were paid every month
by POPS.

To top off everything else, they went out and got a dog. Can't afford food for
the baby, or a working, legally registered vehicle... but some how a dog made the
list. They kept the dog in a cage, barking around the clock, the poor thing sounded
absolutely miserable... and he was spreading the 'love' around.

There was only one requirement this girl and her beloved Mr. Right aka Dilbert
 could not handle - Getting a job.

Why? Because they were given everything. Why work?

Someone called DCS on them. Their life built of sand castles collapsed.

They moved almost overnight. It was just like the dang circus packed up and left.

I have been getting the most restful sleep I've had in years.

Lindsy got a job, and that is a step in the right direction... but she has a long way to go.

From what she has said herself - and what has been reported from many sources, even if you
exclude her post from her secret admirer, she sounds about as fun to have in your neighborhood as this girl I am talking about.

I don't think she needs to become a Nun... but you've got to maintain your house.

It affects others when you do not.

If you don't or can't MAINTAIN - there are people who will fix this situation for you.

This is America - We care. an angelic monkey

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #245 on: May 27, 2010, 07:04:29 AM »

Hank Croslin Sr., father of Hank Croslin Jr. and Misty Croslin, says he has had problems with the community-harassment, inability to find a job- because of their notoriety over the case of missing child Haleigh Cummings, in which his daughter was involved, shown Wednesday, May 19, 2010 at his residence in Palatka, Fla.

Reality hits home for Croslin parents

Hank and Lisa Croslin can't find work and are facing legal problems.

By Cindy Swirko
Staff writer

Published: Thursday, May 27, 2010 at 6:01 a.m.
Last Modified: Wednesday, May 26, 2010 at 9:52 p.m.

PALATKA - Hank Croslin never dreamed he would find himself in the situation he is in now - broke, living in a shelter, two of his children in jail, he and his wife on probation.

"It's like something you see on TV, not in your own life," Croslin said. "It's a scary life."

But Hank Croslin's life is on TV. In fact, TV and other media have helped make Croslin and his family celebrities in an unscripted reality show - one that involves a missing 5-year-old girl, illicit drug sales, family feuds and other travails, played out on national television, in Internet blogs, newspapers and television news.

"It's strange," Croslin said on a hot afternoon outside a church-run shelter in Palatka that for about five months has been home to him and his wife, Lisa.

Hank Croslin is the father of Misty Croslin, 18, who was the girlfriend, then wife and now ex-wife of Ronald Cummings, the father of Haleigh Cummings.

In February 2009, Haleigh disappeared while in the care of Misty Croslin and has not been seen since. The Putnam County Sheriff's Office now believes Haleigh is dead, and her case has been declared a homicide.

The case generated a rush of publicity. Pictures of Haleigh saturated the news. Video of a sobbing Ronald Cummings and tearful Misty were beamed across the nation on network news and such shows as HLN's "Nancy Grace."

But as more was learned about the families involved, some of the sympathy turned to suspicion. Authorities said Misty was giving inconsistent accounts. Speculation flew across the blogs.

Just when the story would enter a lull, someone would get into legal trouble - Hank Croslin was charged with doctor shopping for prescription narcotics, Lisa for forging a check, Hank "Tommy" Croslin Jr. for various offenses, including drug possession.

Finally, in January, authorities arrested several family members on charges of trafficking prescription narcotics - Misty Croslin, Tommy Croslin, Ronald Cummings, a cousin of Cummings and a friend of Misty Croslin's.

Since then, Hank Croslin became a familiar face on "Nancy Grace," television news and in blogs, thanks to the release of videotapes of his visits with his children in the St. Johns County Jail.

Now, Hank Croslin said, he and his wife have become shunned figures in Palatka.

"Me and Lisa, we were both out of town when (Haleigh) come up missing, but everybody points the finger at us - there's the Croslins. When we were looking for a place - three or four places we were trying to rent - they didn't want us," he said. "It's just like the jobs. Nobody will give us a job in this town. I've worked since I was 15 years old. I've never been without work until now. I've always done good until now."

Lisa Croslin, who did not want to be interviewed for this story, also cannot find work, her husband said. She most often has had jobs in hotels and housekeeping and would like to move to St. Augustine, Hank Croslin said, because there are better job opportunities there.

But the couple cannot move because they do not have the money to pay off a combined $2,500 in court costs related to their cases, Hank Croslin said.

Hank Croslin said he has worked in the construction field most of his life and was making good money doing drywalling in Florida. He left his home state of Michigan at 16, moving to Tennessee, where he met Lisa Croslin. They married young - he was 17, and she was 16 - and lived in Tennessee for about 10 years before a more nomadic life that took the family to several states, including Florida.

While living in Flagler County, Tommy Croslin met his wife, Lindsy. Her grandfather owned property in Satsuma. They moved there, and eventually the rest of the Croslins followed.

Hank, Tommy and another of Hank's children, Timmy Croslin, got jobs from the same contractor.

Hank Croslin said things were going well. But then he was injured in a car crash involving a drunken driver that left him with serious injuries that required surgery.

Then, Haleigh disappeared.

"After I'd got healed up, Haleigh had happened, and that's when they [the contractor] got rid of all of us. Tommy was working for them, and Timmy was working for them. They just fired all of us," he said. "I wish we never came here."

Drug arrests and lots of publicity followed. Videotaped visits that Hank Croslin had with his children, which were released by the St. Johns County Jail, are a regular loop on the "Nancy Grace" show and are dissected in detail on blogs.

Hank Croslin now receives phone calls and letters from strangers.

"People call us all of the time - I don't know how they get the number. I just hang up on them," he said. "We have some people that write letters. They say they want to be (Misty's) friend."

Another person Hank hangs up on is his mother-in-law, Flora Hollars.

The Tennessee woman created her own media blitz when she said Tommy Croslin gave her details of events leading up to Haleigh's disappearance that implicated his cousin, Joseph Overstreet. Hollars made the rounds of the "Nancy Grace" and morning television shows. Some of what she said was shown to be false when Tommy Croslin's attorney released an audio recording of the conversation.

"I don't talk to none of them. If they call, I hang up on them. She went on TV and said some (stuff). We already have enough problems," he said. "But she's Lisa's mom, and she's not going to hang up on her. I don't have to like her."

Misty Croslin's attorney, Robert Fields, said he never anticipated the fallout the case has generated. Family members, Fields said, have become caught up in the rise of what he considers tabloid media - including bloggers and other Internet sites.

Fields characterized some of the blogs and other attention as "venomous" and done by people who have nothing better to to do with their lives.

"In looking at it objectively, (Hank and Lisa) did not directly create the situation, but Misty is partly a product of their parentship," Fields said. "They are public figures, but I don't think they put themselves out there. Misty put herself out there. It is interesting."

Putnam County Chamber of Commerce President Dana Cameron Jones said crimes against children and drug abuse are everywhere.

Jones said she does not believe the publicity from the Haleigh case and the subsequent troubles of the Croslins and Cummings have cast Putnam County in a negative light.

"The reason I don't feel like it is because these things are happening all over the country. These stories that come sometimes go quickly, and sometimes they linger, but there are just so many of them that the focus is like - Palatka, that's where that girl is from," Jones said. "I think the country has gotten so used to seeing this kind of thing all of the time.

"I just came back from a trip to three states and made it a point to tell people where I am from, and not a single person has mentioned it," Jones said.

Hank Croslin said he has no idea what is going to happen to Misty and Tommy - whom he described as good kids. He also doesn't know what will become of himself and Lisa. He would like for the family to one day be together.

"I grew up without a daddy. I'm not a perfect dad. My kids had a hard life," he said. "But we have always been close. They are my family."

Contact Cindy Swirko at 374-5024 or swirkoc@gvillesun.com.

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20100527/ARTICLES/5271047/1002?p=1&tc=pg

Heart
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #246 on: May 27, 2010, 08:54:30 AM »

IMO

I'm sure it was just an example and not well thought out but....

I am not a catholic and got married in Las Vegas yet I believe my marriage is just as legal and binding as someone who got married in the catholic church.  Actually one of my best friends in high school got pregnant (oops) so they had a shotgun catholic wedding that lasted about 1 month.

I believe what Lindsey is doing is wrong and just another example why Haleigh never had a chance with ANY of these people.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #247 on: May 27, 2010, 08:59:48 AM »

::HelloKitty::Heart,

Thank-you for the article on Hanky.
His stupid kids don't have a hard life, the children who lost their fathers to war have a hard life!
Who the heck is Hank telling us his kids "have a hard life"?
His stupid kids put hundreds of people through pain and suffering in the last year, not to mention a little child is still missing.
Hank and Lisa need to volunteer somewhere and then maybe they will earn respect for a job.
Boo-Hoo to Hank. They are  not good kids, they are good for nothing but rotten Bananas.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #248 on: May 27, 2010, 09:11:19 AM »

IMO

I am not a catholic and got married in Las Vegas yet I believe my marriage is just as legal and binding as someone who got married in the catholic church.  Actually one of my best friends in high school got pregnant (oops) so they had a shotgun catholic wedding that lasted about 1 month.

I believe what Lindsey is doing is wrong and just another example why Haleigh never had a chance with ANY of these people.

I agree!

( Did you get married at the Elvis Chapel?)

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #249 on: May 27, 2010, 09:16:48 AM »

IMO

In total agreement.  Klaas is that really Penny?  That doen't seem like her way of thinking.  Lindsy made it through LPN school and has a job and is on food stamps, so what?  That isn't the problem!  Being drug to jail to see Pops, having a Mom go crazy cuz whil Dad is away, multiple men in the home is a real problem.  That is, if it's all true!  Mom should be home holding the fort down and keeping the kids as normal as possible and sheilding them from all the talk of the town as much as she can.
Monkey with Class
Scared Monkey

« Reply #250 on: May 27, 2010, 09:39:19 AM »

::HelloKitty::Heart,

Thank-you for the article on Hanky.
His stupid kids don't have a hard life, the children who lost their fathers to war have a hard life!
Who the heck is Hank telling us his kids "have a hard life"?
His stupid kids put hundreds of people through pain and suffering in the last year, not to mention a little child is still missing.
Hank and Lisa need to volunteer somewhere and then maybe they will earn respect for a job.
Boo-Hoo to Hank. They are  not good kids, they are good for nothing but rotten Bananas.

Very good idea.  If the Croslins read here, this would be a great way to show the community good faith.   If they were to volunteer, it would do many things.   It would provide an activity, that would keep their minds somewhat sane through this tragedy.  They wouldn't beat themselves up at the failures their kids are demonstrated.  It would also show that they are trying to better themselves.   It would pick their spirits up and the community will perhaps take notice.   In the meantime of volunteering, they would be helping others in some way.  I was always told, good things come to people whom do good things themselves.   Handouts should not be expected, but appreciated in the event everything is on the up and up.   Drugs would need to be completely out in their picture if they want to better themselves.  And as always....IMO
TxLady2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #251 on: May 27, 2010, 09:42:50 AM »

IMO

I agree with you. There are other religions besides Catholic, too.
I think Lindsey should move on with her life, but it shouldn't require 4 nights a week to get her out of her doldrums. Once a week would be fine, she's a mother first and her kids should take priority, not her selfish needs to find a new man. Her kids need her a lot more than her boyfriends do. There should be a happy medium somewhere between being a "stay-at-home" mom and a slut. Not saying this is what she's doing, but where I come from, partying 4 or 5 nights a week would earn you that title... real quick.
Tommy might not be ideal as a husband but he IS those kids' father and they need some stability right now. She needs to spend time with them, let them know they're loved. Those kids have lost their daddy, they need to feel their mommy is there for them.

Be who you are and say what you think; because those that matter won't mind.. and those that mind, don't matter.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #252 on: May 27, 2010, 09:45:17 AM »

IMO

You hit the nail right on the head, Klaas! Haleigh was a victim from the day she was born in that environment! JMO!

BTW: I got married in a church, by an ordained minister. It should have happened in Vegas; at a big craps table.   
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #253 on: May 27, 2010, 09:51:48 AM »

IMO

You hit the nail right on the head, Klaas! Haleigh was a victim from the day she was born in that environment! JMO!

BTW: I got married in a church, by an ordained minister. It should have happened in Vegas; at a big craps table.   

Monkey Devil!
Izzy58
Scared Monkey

« Reply #254 on: May 27, 2010, 10:02:37 AM »

Maybe LE should hire this guy to solve the case! lol

TV mindreader let off jury duty - because court officials feared he may wreck trial
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/2010/05/27/tv-mindreader-let-off-jury-duty-because-court-officials-feared-he-may-wreck-trial-86908-22288948/
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #255 on: May 27, 2010, 10:05:46 AM »

Goodmorning Monkey's, I hope you are making the most out every minute of everyday:)  flower

Misty said it was the wrong dock searched, according to (NG) tapes last night.

Hanky should have responded "What is the right Dock Misty"? 

(IMO) Hank knows what Dock (is the right one) because he did not follow-up on a question, unless, LE edited that tape?

Boo Hoo to Hank, what a lump of nothing, shame of him, his kids have a hard life. They have no hearts or souls, rotten bananas!

The Wounded Warrior's have hard life's not his stupid kids. 

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #256 on: May 27, 2010, 10:13:25 AM »

So now it is the wrong dock, has the right dock been pointed out? Or was this bs in a dream also?
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #257 on: May 27, 2010, 10:20:30 AM »

Love is not a feeling ... it is the act of the will!!

If Hank loves Tommy and Misty ... he has to bow out and let the justice system do what Lisa and him failed to do ... teach their children that there are consequences for choosing to defy the established legal and moral boundaries established by a civilized society ... boundaries established for well-being of all.  For the sake of the future generation of Croslins ... the cycle needs to stop.

++++++++

Reminder

ISSUES WITH JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL
Misty`s Grandmother Sheds Light on Haleigh`s Disappearance
Aired April 21, 2010 - 19:00:00   ET

FLORA HOLLARS: Tommy and Misty, their mom and dad were crackheads. And they stayed messed up on crack all the time. What time I didn`t have them, their grandmother in Michigan had them. Well, I had Misty. She had the other two.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/21/ijvm.01.html

Misty Croslin's mother arrested
Charges are unrelated to missing Haleigh Cummings
Updated: Sunday, 27 Sep 2009, 4:10 AM EDT
Published : Sunday, 27 Sep 2009, 4:10 AM EDT

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - (AP) -- Tennessee authorities have arrested the mother of a woman who was baby-sitting a Florida girl when she disappeared several months ago.

The Tennessean reports that Nashville police and Tennessee Bureau of Investigation agents arrested Lisa Croslin on a fugitive-from-justice warrant on Thursday. She was wanted by Florida authorities on forgery and theft charges.

Croslin is the mother of Misty Croslin-Cummings, who police say was the last person to see Haleigh Cummings, now 6, when she disappeared Feb. 10 from a mobile home in Putnam County, Fla.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/state/misty_croslin_mother_arrested_092709

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #258 on: May 27, 2010, 10:48:49 AM »

<snipped>

Monkey Devil!

CBB

Similar words came out of friend's mouth years ago following a divorce from her cheating husband.  I was shocked.  I had known this gal since seventh grade and did not have a clue that she harbored such thoughts.  She also informed me that if thoughts could kill ... her ex would be pushing up daisies today.

Thankfully ... she moved on and ... life has been good.  Hubby and I will be celebrating her 30th wedding anniversary with second hubby at a gathering this weekend ... a gathering hosted by her grown kids from first union.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #259 on: May 27, 2010, 10:55:35 AM »

So now it is the wrong dock, has the right dock been pointed out? Or was this bs in a dream also?

I don't know No Rose 

Perhaps she is going to Zing RC with the "right Dock". 

Misty's memory is refreshed 

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.