April 23, 2024, 01:17:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mother Stabs Toddler Son Up To 20 Times Fresno, CA  (Read 7461 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: May 05, 2010, 07:11:44 PM »

May. 05, 2010
Calif. Mother Stabs Toddler Son Up To 20 Times
Police Say California Mother Stabbed 3-year-old Son Up To 20 Times

FRESNO, Calif. (AP) - A California toddler who was stabbed up to 20 times by his mother and was found face down on a stairway landing by paramedics was in critical condition on Wednesday, authorities said.

Fresno police officers were called to the woman's apartment at around 4 p.m. on Tuesday after a neighbor said he saw the 3-year-old boy outside the apartment with stab wounds, police said.

The woman screamed at paramedics who arrived at the scene, telling them to stay away from the boy. She had to be held back by officers, Fresno Police Chief Jerry Dyer said.

The boy had stab wounds all over his body, according to Dyer. He was taken to Community Regional Medical Center.

Police said the woman acknowledged stabbing her son, but would not say why. A witness also reported seeing the woman push the boy down a staircase.

Police did not release the names of the mother or child. But the woman's sister, Christina Esqueda, identified them as Vanessa Rincon, 30, and Noah Rincon.

Esqueda said she had cut off contact with Rincon after suspecting her sister was on drugs.

Dyer said he did not know if the woman was under the influence of drugs or alcohol during the incident.

A 2-month-old child found at the apartment was unharmed and taken into custody by Fresno County Child Protective Services.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/05/05/ap/national/main6463630.shtml

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 08:39:03 PM »

http://www.sddt.com/News/article.cfm?SourceCode=20100505ca

Fresno mom stabs toddler son up to 20 times

FRESNO, Calif. (AP) -- Police say a Fresno mother plunged a knife into her 3-year-old son up to 20 times, then pushed him down apartment complex stairs.
Police Chief Jerry Dyer said Tuesday that the woman then yelled hysterically at paramedics to leave the toddler alone. The boy was taken to Community Regional Medical Center, where his condition is critical.
The police chief says the woman was arrested and will likely be booked for investigation of attempted murder. Police didn't release her name, but the woman's sister identified her as 30-year-old Vanessa Rincon, and she said the wounded boy, Noah Rincon, turned 3 on April 13.
Dyer says the woman told officers she stabbed her son, but she didn't explain why.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 08:47:03 PM »

http://www.kmph.com/Global/story.asp?S=12428095

Mother Stabs 3-Year-Old Son

Fresno – A Fresno toddler is in critical condition at Community Regional Medical Center.

Police say he was stabbed more than a dozen times, and that his own mother confessed to doing it.

Not only that, police say she also pushed him down the stairs and yelled at paramedics to leave the boy alone.

Police would not confirm the woman's identity, but relatives say she is 30-year-old Vanessa Rincon.

She was taken into custody at the scene on the 3600 block of Pleasant Avenue, Tuesday afternoon.

"She's a single mom, she's got two young kids, I could just imagine what she's going through," said Rincon's sister, Christina Esqueda.

She identifies the boy as 3-year-old Noah Rincon, who just celebrated his birthday on April 13th.

Neighbors called police after hearing Noah scream 'mama' and seeing blood on his body.Police say they found Noah lying face down on the landing of a stairwell.

"They also encountered a female who was screaming that she stabbed her child," said Fresno Police Chief Jerry Dyer.

Dyer says the boy was stabbed 15-20 times.

"At that time the mother began screaming at the paramedics, asking them not to revive the child, the female had to be restrained and subdued by the officers," said Dyer.

As for what led to the stabbing, that remains a mystery.

Relatives could only speculate.

"If she's using any drugs, that could take play in what happened," said Esqueda.

She says her sister has used drugs in the past.

This tragic incident comes less than a month after another Fresno mother confessed to drowning her 2-month baby boy in a motel bathtub.

Why any mother would want to kill their own baby, puzzles police.

"That's our job as far as the investigation, try to determine why this happened.  Our prayers are with the family, we hope and pray the child survives," said dyer.

He says the woman does not have a criminal history.

At this point, the mother is facing attempted murder charges.

Rincon also has a 2-month-old baby girl, who was taken into cps custody.

She was not hurt.

PPD defense?

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 01:18:27 PM »

Stabbing Mom Placed Under Suicide Watch

May 4, 2010, 7:18 pm

As KMJ News was first to report Wednesday, the Fresno woman who stabbed and critically wounded her own 3-year-old son has been under a suicide watch since police took her into custody.

After Vanessa Rincon, 30, admitted she had stabbed her son Noah on Tuesday, she made certain statements to police "that caused great concern to the detectives," Lt. David Newton told KMJ News. "As a result, she is at another location (and) we are with her at all times."

KMJ News has learned that Rincon was not booked into the county jail, but was instead placed on suicide watch at a local mental institution.

Meanwhile, police served a search warrant at her apartment on Pleasant Avenue and found a knife.

Authorities have interviewed a half-dozen people, and they expect to send their case to the district attorney's office on Thursday.

The district attorney is expected to file attempted murder charges against Rincon by Friday.

Rincon's other child -- a 2-month-old girl -- was found unharmed and placed with Child Protective Services.

http://www.kmjnow.com/pages/landing_news?Stabbing-Mom-Placed-Under-Suicide-Watch=1&blockID=228917&feedID=806

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 01:48:49 PM »

snipped:
She's a single mom, she's got two young kids, I could just imagine what she's going through," said Rincon's sister, Christina Esqueda.

Oh, I forgot -- being a single mom with two young kids, yeah, sure, stab one and throw his precious little body down the stair well.  That's what all single moms with two young kids can do right??? NOT!!!!!!! how lame is that???????????

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2010, 11:26:37 AM »

http://www.kmjnow.com/pages/landing_news?Stabbed-Boy-Improves-Mom-a-=1&blockID=230824&feedID=806

Stabbed Boy Improves; Mom a "No Show"

A public defender represented Rincon in court Friday, but told the judge his office would decide over the weekend whether it had the resources to defend her.

Last week, the public defender's office withdrew from the case of Gabriela Espinosa of Fresno, who admitted she drowned her 2-month-old son in a motel bathtub.

How can a public defender withdraw from a case? 

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.