May 23, 2024, 02:31:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sunday Blombergh, 28yrs old, missing since 4/22/10 Tifton GA (Body Found)  (Read 26146 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2010, 03:54:50 PM »

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=72644

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2010, 03:17:28 PM »

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2010, 05:10:22 PM »

Body of missing woman found
by Miranda Del Pozo

The body of Sunday Blombergh has been found
The body of a woman missing from Tift County since April 22 has been found.

Tift County Sheriff's authorities confirm they have found the body of 28-year-old Sunday Blombergh this afternoon.  Few other details are being released at this time.  Sunday had not been seen since the morning of April 22 after she had talked with her sister about an afternoon meeting.  Sunday was planning to move to Tallahassee, FL.  We will have more information as it becomes available.

The Tift County Sheriff's Office is planning a news conference to answer questions about Sunday's death Friday morning at 11.
http://www.mysouthwestga.com/news/story.aspx?id=463095

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2010, 05:23:40 PM »

Missing woman mystery may be solved
Posted: May 27, 2010 4:08 PM EDT
Updated: May 27, 2010 4:08 PM EDT 

ALBANY, GA (WALB) – GBI agents have found a body believed to be 28-year-old Sunday Blombergh.

The body was found in a wooded area of Colquitt County, near the Tift County line.

A Tift County man, the husband of Blombergh's former mother in law, is charged with killing her.

http://www.walb.com/Global/story.asp?S=12555687

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2010, 05:39:02 PM »

Missing woman mystery may be solved
Posted: May 27, 2010 4:08 PM EDT
Updated: May 27, 2010 4:08 PM EDT 

ALBANY, GA (WALB) – GBI agents have found a body believed to be 28-year-old Sunday Blombergh.

The body was found in a wooded area of Colquitt County, near the Tift County line.

A Tift County man, the husband of Blombergh's former mother in law, is charged with killing her.

http://www.walb.com/Global/story.asp?S=12555687

Would this be a ex-step-father inlaw? 
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2010, 06:47:00 PM »

Go beyond 1st cousin and I am lost 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2010, 06:51:32 PM »

So Sunday was living temporarily with her ex MIL.  Sounds like MIL husband didn't want to see her leave.  Do we know this worthless excuse for a human's name?  The one arrested?  What do you want to bet he has a criminal history. 
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2010, 08:06:28 AM »

NAME:  Herman Evans

Body found near Colquitt Co. creek

Updated: May 28, 2010 3:15 AM EDT
ALBANY, GA (WALB) – Authorities believe they found the body of Sunday Blomberg, a Tift County mother, who disappeared April 22nd.

The body was found near Warrior Creek on Vickers Bridge Road in Colquitt County.

Blomberg's body was near a sandy path leading down to Warrior creek.

GBI agents arrested the suspected killer, someone Blomberg knew well.

Police arrested Herman Evans and charged him with murder. He is married to Blombergh's ex mother-in-Law.

The victim was staying with Evans and his wife when she disappeared.

Neighbors on Vickers Bridge Road tried to come to grips Thursday afternoon with the news that a body was found near their homes.

"Very quiet small town atmosphere," said one neighbor. "Today there were GBI and sheriff officials out here which is highly unusual."

The home Evans lived in is in Tift County, and may have been the crime scene. Investigators searched it thoroughly and took pieces evidence. Neighbors say they saw the suspect burning household items before his arrest.
"We thought the trailer was on fire, there were sitting right there watching the couch burn," said Anne McEntyre, Neighbor.

Inside, investigators searched for traces of blood and other evidence.

"He showed me the rooms and told me not to go into the rooms because there were needles in all the rooms," said McEntyre.

So far investigators are not releasing a motive as to why Evans would have killed Blomberg, he may not be the only suspect; GBI agents say more arrests are likely.

http://www.walb.com/Global/story.asp?S=12558453

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2010, 08:18:51 AM »

I'm not sure I want to post this until we get more info. It seems to bash the victim..... 

http://tiftongazette.com/local/x712224120/Authorities-search-home-Landlord-Just-devastating

melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2010, 09:19:27 AM »

FIL and MIL's excuse will probably be that she was a bad Mom and a drug abuser and didn't want the child to leave and she took her away from us.  Bet MIL was aware of all of it and put SB family through all this chit.  So sorry for her, her family and most of all the poor little girl who loved her Mommy.  I don't care what she did to herself she didn't deserve this.  God Bless all.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2010, 12:40:49 PM »

I can't find an update on the news conference 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2010, 12:51:27 PM »

http://tiftongazette.com/breakingnews/x1174312325/Woman-s-body-found

May 27, 2010
Three arrested in Tift woman's death, including ex mother-in-law

Angie Thompson and Frank Sayles Jr./The Tifton Gazette CNHI

TIFTON — Three people, including the victim's former mother-in-law, have been arrested in connection with the death of Sunday Blombergh, authorities said this morning.

Roy Herman Evans, 44, and Ruby Anne Evans, 45, of 49 Briarwood Lane in Tift County are charged with murder, authorities say.

Ruby Evans is Blombergh's former mother-in-law; Roy Herman Evans is Ruby's husband.

Also arrested is Kenneth Randall Tomlinson, 48, of 311 Virginia Ave., Apt. 422 in Tifton. He is charged with concealing a death, authorities said.

All three suspects are in the Tift County Jail.

The badly decomposed body of Sunday Blombergh, a Tift County woman missing since April 22, was found Thursday in a wooded area in Colquitt County near the Tift County line, authorities say.

The body was found in deep woods accessed from near the bridge at the dead end of Vickers Bridge Road, said Colquitt County Coroner Verlyn Brock. The location was between Ellenton and Lenox.

The body was turned over to the Tift County Coroner’s Office, Brock said.

Brock told the Moultrie ******* that he was called out to an area on Vickers Bridge Road at about 1:15 p.m. Thursday. The condition of the body prevented him from determining the person’s sex or age, he said.

“It was under investigation by the Tift County Sheriff’s Office and GBI,” he said.  “After I did an on-site investigation, I released it to the Tift County coroner.”

Blombergh, 28, disappeared from her Tift County home on April 22. She and her young school-aged daughter were living with Herman and Ruby Evans in their home on Briarwood Lane in southern Tift County.

One of Sunday Blombergh’s sisters, Sunshine Blombergh, had told the Gazette that she was scheduled to pick up her sister at the home and plans were that Sunday would get a job in Tallahassee, Fla., visit her daughter in Tifton until school was out for summer break and then move with her daughter to Tallahassee.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2010, 01:07:34 PM »

Roy Herman Evans

Ruby Anne Evans

Kenneth Randall Tomlinson

http://www.walb.com/Global/story.asp?S=12558453

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2010, 02:12:31 PM »

All three look like druggies, IMO
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2010, 02:16:14 PM »

From last year:

http://tiftongazette.com/policereports/x323700815/Police-report-4-24

April 23, 2009
Police report 4-24

Tift County Sheriff’s Department Avian Advian Dawson, 20, 1220 Sussex Drive, was charged Thursday with a safety restraint violation, driving without a license, operating a motor vehicle while registration is suspended and driving without insurance. Roy Herman Evans, 42, 49 Briarwood Lane, was charged Wednesday with battery. Jose Luis Greponne, 30, 382 Highway 125 South, Lot F0, was charged Wednesday with violating the Georgia employment security law. Luther David Mounts, 46, High Point, N.C., was charged Wednesday with driving with a suspended license. James Wylie Ray, 71, 184 Connell-Ray Road, was charged Wednesday with aggravated assault on a peace officer and criminal damage to property in the second degree. Tavario Sharod Robinson, 20, 306 Maple St., was charged Wednesday with a probation violation. Brian Steven Rugg, 34, 1407 Bill Bowen Road Lot 64, was charged Wednesday on a state court bench warrant. Leonard Leon Sawyer, 50, 3113 Third Ave., was charged Wednesday with a probation violation. Travia Webb, 36, 1710 Brookvale Drive, was charged Wednesday with a violation of Georgia employment security law. Jordan Isaiah Nicklow, 22, 2911 Hill Ave. Lot B, was charged Wednesday with DUI. Carol Elaine Sullivan, 30, 608 Davis Ave., was charged Wednesday with delivering a prohibited item behind guard line. Tifton Police Dept. Lionel Rashod Humphries, 25, 114 Brookhaven Drive, was charged Wednesday with possession of marijuana (over one ounce). Brian Lekeith Pittman, 28, 718 17 1/2 St., was charged Wednesday with violation of a family violence order. A 13-year-old male was charged Wednesday with possession of marijuana with intent to distribute.
Shellbell
Scared Monkey

« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2010, 11:58:03 PM »

This is a hot mess down here.  They did not want her take the child.  There are a lot of people on my facebook defending both sides....LE told me that they got to the scene after many interviews and someone squeked.  She was shot in the head, but her body was badly decomposed.  I am not sure about who has the child, I believe it is her family.  One of the men that concealed the body lives right across from where I work and I have seen him many times.  I dont think at this point that it matters that she was on drugs and all, the family (inlaws) should be shot.  There are a lot of things that are going to come out about the living situation and the freaky stuff.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2010, 08:34:46 AM »

This is a hot mess down here.  They did not want her take the child.  There are a lot of people on my facebook defending both sides....LE told me that they got to the scene after many interviews and someone squeked.  She was shot in the head, but her body was badly decomposed.  I am not sure about who has the child, I believe it is her family.  One of the men that concealed the body lives right across from where I work and I have seen him many times.  I dont think at this point that it matters that she was on drugs and all, the family (inlaws) should be shot.  There are a lot of things that are going to come out about the living situation and the freaky stuff.

I don't care who was on drugs either, there is no excuse for murdering her.  How can ANYONE defend that?
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2010, 06:30:21 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20006298-504083.html?tag=cbsnewsSectionContent.6
Sunday Blombergh Murder: Three Arrests Made in Case of Missing Mother
May 28, 2010

Sunday Blombergh (Personal Photo)

Tifton, Ga. (CBS/WCTV) Georgia officials announced Thursday that three people have been arrested in connection with the murder of 28-year-old Sunday Blombergh.
According to CBS affiliate WCTV, Blombergh's mother-in-law, 45-year-old Ruby Evans and her stepfather-in-law, 44-year-old Roy Herman Evans are charged with her murder.

Forty-eight-year-old Kennith Thomlinson, a family friend was also arrested, and, according to WCTV, has been charged with concealing the body. Investigators say he led them to her body.

Police have other suspects who they believe could have been involved, and anticipate future charges.

The three suspects are being held at the Tift County Jail without bond. Their first court appearance is scheduled for Friday.

Sunday Blombergh went missing from her Tifton home on April 22. Blombergh was born and raised in Tallahassee, Fla. and was reportedly planning on moving from back to Tallahassee from Tifton when she disappeared.

Sunday's body was found Thursday in the woods outside of Tifton, Ga., roughly 200 yards from a road. Her body was then turned over to the Tift County Coroner's Office, in the south central part of the state. The Georgia Bureau of Investigation is handling the investigation.

Sunday's family created a group on Facebook called "Missing Person - Sunday Blombergh" to help spread the word about her disappearance.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2010, 07:57:14 PM »

Disturbing details released in Sunday Blombergh Murder

Updated: Jul 07, 2010 6:28 PM EDT
TIFTON, GA (WALB) –Disturbing new details tonight in the murder of a Tift County woman. The killing of Sunday Blombergh was exceptionally brutal and her killer(s) used three different methods to make sure she was dead.

GBI agents say they believe this murder was over a child custody battle for Blombergh's little girl. And agents say this murder contained an unusual amount of brutality, in the testimony it is revealed Blombergh was shot strangled and stabbed before she finally died.

Randy Tomlinson charged with helping hide Sunday Blombergh's body gave a stunned courtroom graphic details of the young woman's murder. "He revealed that miss Blombergh was killed by Herman Evans. Tomlinson had not participated in the murder but he was contacted by Mr. Evans asked him to come help him with something, that's when he found out Mr. Evans had committed a murder he did in fact helped him hide the body," said GBI Agent Mike Lewis.

Sunday Blombergh's father, Reign, sat in the courtroom as his daughter's murder was detailed. "He shot her in the living room, then he left and came back later and she said she couldn't walk and asked for help. When he came back later he put her in the bedroom and put a wire around her neck, he had thought he had killed her then came back and she was still moving. Then he went into the kitchen and got a knife put it under her ribs and pushed it into her heart," said Reign Blombergh, Sunday's Father.

"Between the shooting, the strangulation and the stabbing you would have to say that is an unusual amount of violence," said Lewis.

Sunday Blombergh disappeared April 27th from a home on Briarwood lane she shared with her estranged in-laws Ruby and Herman Evans. Weeks after her disappearance Herman Evans' friend, Randy Tomlinson, led investigators to Blombergh's body in a field not far from the Tift Colquitt County line.

"We interviewed him and put him on a polygraph and obviously he felt some guilt about his role in this. He wasn't an active participant in a murder but he did help with cleaning up the crime scene," said Lewis.

"I feel like he is the personification of evil to be given the opportunity to walk away twice and to realize what is happening isn't working and to still persist," said Reign.

GBI agents Herman Evans became a suspect when he failed his polygraph test.

Agents say the District Attorney offered Tomlinson "use immunity" for his testimony, which means whatever he said at his hearing will not be used against him at his trial but agents say this does not give him immunity from prosecution.

The grand jury meets tomorrow to hear evidence in the case and prosecutors hope they'll return three indictments.

http://www.walb.com/Global/story.asp?S=12770121

Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.