April 26, 2024, 01:51:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Neat Site for African Animal watching!  (Read 6221 times)
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« on: January 26, 2007, 09:16:02 AM »

If you love wild African animals, I suggest africam.com
When you get to the site, in the upper left corner click on the Nkorhu pan link. Also, there are forums if you care to discuss the sites with others.

As I recuperate I spend a lot of time watching the cam at the watering hole in Nkorho area of Kruger Park. Its very soothing. It is a live streaming cam, btw.

Some days it is very quiet (this is the rainy season) but at other times. WOW.
Last night a pride of lions came by (the Styx pride) and then this morning there were giraffes.
Baboons have been absent for a few days (probably cause the lions were about) but they are the most adorable animals to watch, especially with their babies! Wildebeests abound as well as Impala!

Good opportunity to see these lovely creatures in the wild and observe their habits.  YEs, at times there are live "kills" and I have to remind myself that this is nature.

I just felt a need to share this wonderful site with you all. Very Happy

ITs fun to have the cam running while I chat here in Scared Monkeys!!!!
jobie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 01:48:00 AM »

Quote from: "Artcolley"
When you get to the site, in the upper left corner click on the Nkorhu pan link. Also, there are forums if you care to discuss the sites with others.

As I recuperate I spend a lot of time watching the cam at the watering hole in Nkorho area of Kruger Park. Its very soothing. It is a live streaming cam, btw.

Last night a pride of lions came by (the Styx pride) and then this morning there were giraffes.
Baboons have been absent for a few days (probably cause the lions were about) but they are the most adorable animals to watch, especially with their babies! Wildebeests abound as well as Impala!

Good opportunity to see these lovely creatures in the wild and observe their habits.  YEs, at times there are live "kills" and I have to remind myself that this is nature.

Thank you so much for directing me to this lovely page.  I have it bookmarked and will spend many happy moments watching these wonderful animals.

My prayers are with you also
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 09:17:29 AM »

Quote from: "jobie"
Quote from: "Artcolley"

Thank you so much for directing me to this lovely page.  I have it bookmarked and will spend many happy moments watching these wonderful animals.

My prayers are with you also

Oh, I am so glad you went there and are loving it!!!
THis morning a whole Giraffe group was there complete with babies!!!
So peaceful, so soothing!
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 08:15:08 PM »

I think this is the best animal webcam I have ever watched.  I have watched ones at the San Diego Zoo and also a couple of elephant rescue sites in the US but I have always loved Africa and have read all the books by Beverley Harper.  And now I can see the animals for myself.
I also saw the giraffes last night and the closeups were awesome.  How do those birds hang on to the giraffes coat?  Even my DH was impressed with it all and took the site details to work with him today to share with the others there.
Thank you ArtColley for sharing this with us and I hope you are finding inner peace as you approach your surgery.  You will have all the monkeys praying for you.  God bless

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
jobie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 12:03:46 AM »

Artcollie - I tried the Africam site and all I get is a picture of the water hole.  Do you have to register or anything to see it in action?  TIA
jobie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2007, 12:08:40 AM »

Quote from: "jobie"
Artcollie - I tried the Africam site and all I get is a picture of the water hole.  Do you have to register or anything to see it in action?  TIA

I wasn't finished when I hit submit. LOL  Anyhow, the first time I went to the site, I saw animals and was so impressed.  However, this past week all I have been getting is a still shot of the waterhole.  I have had it running in the background so I could check back on it to see if the picture had changed and it was still just a shot of the water hole.  Is anyone else able to see any animals?  I was enjoying it so much the first time.  Any suggestions, anyone?

Also forgot to mention that I will be watching for updates on you while you are off line, Artcollie.  Good luck.
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2007, 04:20:37 AM »

jobie  We watch the webcam most evenings our time which is around midday African time.  For some days now we have not seen any animals but last night saw a large herd of antelopes and some buffalo.  The animals would  have a very large area to wander in and only occasionally come past the waterhole.  Some of them move past quite quickly and others stay around for half an hour or more.  I would think that dusk would be the best time but it is the wrong time for us to watch.  We just have to be patient I suppose as it is not like a zoo where the animals are confined to one spot.  We even saw some humans one night!

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
jobie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2007, 11:52:16 PM »

Quote from: "Tibrogargan"
jobie  We watch the webcam most evenings our time which is around midday African time.  For some days now we have not seen any animals but last night saw a large herd of antelopes and some buffalo.  The animals would  have a very large area to wander in and only occasionally come past the waterhole.  Some of them move past quite quickly and others stay around for half an hour or more.  I would think that dusk would be the best time but it is the wrong time for us to watch.  We just have to be patient I suppose as it is not like a zoo where the animals are confined to one spot.  We even saw some humans one night!

Thank you so much for your response, Tib.  I will try to be more patient.  I really enjoy this site as the animals are not in a zoo.  I have been reading your comments and enjoy the Australia page.
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2007, 07:00:03 PM »

jobie  I am glad you are enjoying my Aussie thread.  It is raining here today (we badly need rain) so I have been "exploring" the Africam site.  You might be interested in the pictures I found which have been setup to identify the animals.  Gee, we sure have a lot more different animals still to see!  Most of them were taken at this waterhole.

On the Africam main page where you click on the Nkorho pan link, across the top is a menu starting with HOME - CAMERA - etc.   If you click on FORUM it will take you to a page set up very similar to here at SM (except for the colours)  Wink
In the forum it is set out in sections and  the Fourth section is headed GENERAL AFRICAM.  If you click on the second choice titled AFRICAM SIGHTINGS DATABASE it will take you to a page where you have two choices : Birds or Mammals.   Hope you find it as interesting as I did.

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2007, 07:07:12 PM »

jobie I just remembered that I had noticed you ask how to make a post without using a "quote".  Not sure if you received a reply but this is how I found to do it.  Beneath the most recent posting on a thread on the left hand side is two "boxes"  One says : New Topic, and the other says : Post Reply.  If you click on "Post Reply" it will give you a new blank page to post on.  Hope this helps.

jobie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2007, 01:27:46 AM »

Tib, thanks for all your help and suggestions.  I am trying out the button you suggested to post a message without using the "quote" button.  No one had answered my query so thank you for that.  I love watching the animal shows and followed Croc Hunter from the beginning.  I even go back as far as Croc... Dundee.  Now, that is WAY back!  I think Australlia is beautiful (pictures I have seen) but I would be afraid of all the things that bite.  Snakes, spiders and the like.  Am very cowardly.  Thanks again for your help.
jobie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2007, 01:37:25 AM »

Quote from: "Tibrogargan"
jobie  I am glad you are enjoying my Aussie thread.  It is raining here today (we badly need rain) so I have been "exploring" the Africam site.  You might be interested in the pictures I found which have been setup to identify the animals.  Gee, we sure have a lot more different animals still to see!  Most of them were taken at this waterhole.

On the Africam main page where you click on the Nkorho pan link, across the top is a menu starting with HOME - CAMERA - etc.   If you click on FORUM it will take you to a page set up very similar to here at SM (except for the colours)  Wink
In the forum it is set out in sections and  the Fourth section is headed GENERAL AFRICAM.  If you click on the second choice titled AFRICAM SIGHTINGS DATABASE it will take you to a page where you have two choices : Birds or Mammals.   Hope you find it as interesting as I did.

NEATO!!!  I found it and so glad you told me about it.
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2007, 05:55:23 PM »

I am so glad all of you are enjoying the Africam!
I have missed so much being in hospital and all.

I understand they had some problems with the cam but its up and running fine now.
there is a leopard around today and has been a few days. Hoping to see this little guy!!!!
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.