April 19, 2024, 08:04:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #163 5/22/10 - 6/25/10  (Read 334657 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1360 on: June 10, 2010, 06:15:40 PM »

Thanks so much Trimm.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1361 on: June 10, 2010, 06:25:09 PM »

The Dream Team needs to put down the crack pipe .....

911 calls are not hearsay ....... IDIOTS!!!!!

And yes, they do want everything that points to Casey thrown out...I can't wait for the Judge to put an end to the madness!

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1362 on: June 10, 2010, 06:29:41 PM »

I'd like to have a dollar for every time I've listened to 911 calls in Trials .... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1363 on: June 10, 2010, 07:21:04 PM »

Hey Ono!  Waving to you!

Waving back!   Smile
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1364 on: June 10, 2010, 07:51:56 PM »

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/
The Anthony Encycliepedia: George and the gas can

Posted on June 10th, 2010 by Valhall

I'm ao glad she is doing this series!  The Anthonys have provided her with lots of material-lol.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1365 on: June 11, 2010, 06:51:56 AM »

http://www.wesh.com/news/23867407/detail.html
Key Deposition Slated In Casey Anthony Case
Prosecutors To Question Lead Detective In Anthony Investigation

POSTED: 6:30 am EDT June 11, 2010
ORLANDO, Fla. --
The lead investigator in the Casey Anthony case is scheduled for a deposition.

Prosecutors will question Orange County Sheriff's Office Sgt. John Allen Friday morning.

Allen has been the lead detective in case from the beginning.

Both sides are deposing dozens of witnesses before the trial begins in May.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1366 on: June 11, 2010, 08:40:17 AM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-casey-anthony-detective-questioned20100611,0,3987214.story
Report: Casey Anthony investigator to be questioned
Compiled by Orlando Sentinel

8:31 a.m. EDT, June 11, 2010
 A sergeant with the Orange County Sheriff's Office will be questioned today in the case against Casey Anthony, WESH.com is reporting.

Sgt. John Allen is the lead investigator in the case against the young woman accused of killing her daughter, Caylee Marie, in 2008.

His deposition is one many in the case, which is scheduled to go to trial next year

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1367 on: June 11, 2010, 10:27:59 AM »

http://www.bloggernews.net/124693
Caylee Anthony Update: Judge Perry Considers Allowing 911 Tapes in Court
Posted on June 10th, 2010
by Jan Barrett in All News, Society and Culture, crime
Read 508 times.

OK I have read some very crazy things that the attorney representing little Caylee Anthony’s Mom has pulled but I think this one takes the cake. As we all know Caylee Anthony is the 2 year old little girl from Orlando, Florida that disappeared in June 2008, almost 2 years ago to the date. Her mother has been arrested and charged with first degree murder and is facing the death penalty for it. Caylee’s remains were found 6 months later inside a trash bag dumped in the woods within walking distance from her family’s home. The little skull was found with duct tape wrapped around it covering her mouth and nose. Her body was dumped like yesterdays garbage.

31 days after Caylee was last seen her grandmother, Cindy Anthony, made that infamous 911 call to report her missing. Well in fact I believe there were three 911 calls made that day.

The second call that was made recorded Cindy Anthony as saying,

“There’s something wrong. I found my daughter’s car today and it smells like there’s been a dead body in the damn car.”

Of course once Cindy realized what she said she later changed it trying to make everyone think it was the same smell one would get from the slice of pizza that sits inside the trunk of a car in 90 to 100 degree weather. Well that has been proven unlikely when one of the TV stations did their own experiment and found that rotting pizza in the heat does not smell anything like a dead body.

On the third call Cindy cries to the dispatcher that her granddaughter had been taken and that she had been missing for a month. She clearly tells the dispatcher that her daughter finally admitted to her that her granddaughter was missing. Now if my memory serves me correctly I seem to recall Casey telling her mother during the 911 call that she only needed one more day but Cindy told her no, she already had a month.

Well now the prosecution for the case is asking permission from Judge Berry to allow them to play the 911 calls for a jury when the case goes to trial. They told the court that playing it for the jury would allow them to hear how the car was described for the first time before the Anthony’s changed their story. They say that the one major theme of the state’s case is to demonstrate… the defendant’s lies about the fate of her daughter. They say the tapes also shows how Anthony describes her daughter’s alleged kidnapper for the first time which is the same woman would later denied ever meeting Casey or Caylee Anthony. Casey clearly stated, “Her name is Zenaida Fernandez Gonzalez. She’s been my nanny for about a year and a half now. Almost 2 years.”

Of course Anthony’s attorney’s are arguing that neither Anthony nor her mother were under oath at the time of the 911 calls they would fall under hearsay rules which should make them inadmissible in court. They don’t want to admit in court that if the jury is allowed to listen to them as evidence in this case, they may as well give up and have her plead guilty as charged.

The prosecutor’s argue back that by saying that the tapes fall under an exemption to the hearsay rule that allows for “excited utterances” which are statements made by someone under extreme stress.

Judge Berry says he will consider whether or not he will allow the 911 tapes to be used during the trial which is not scheduled until May of 2011. When we think of it though, that is only 11 months away. I guess Baez and his wannabe dream team better get busy putting the case together. They are running out of time. (Oh and btw… that was meant to be sarcastic. I think they should have already went to trial on this one)

Hang in there Caylee Anthony. Hopefully soon you will get the justice you deserve. It is for you that I am keeping up with this case. It certainly isn’t to keep your family’s name in the spotlight. They don’t deserve to even have their names known. We are all waiting for this case to go to court so you may get your justice! God bless you Caylee, we love you!

Jan Barrett
Let Others Know About This Post These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1368 on: June 11, 2010, 01:41:39 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/news/23867407/detail.html
Key Deposition Slated In Casey Anthony Case
Prosecutors To Question Lead Detective In Anthony Investigation

POSTED: 6:30 am EDT June 11, 2010
UPDATED: 1:00 pm EDT June 11, 2010
ORLANDO, Fla. --
The lead investigator in the Casey Anthony case is scheduled for a deposition.

Prosecutors will question Orange County Sheriff's Office Sgt. John Allen Friday morning.

Allen has been the lead detective in case from the beginning.

Both sides are deposing dozens of witnesses before the trial begins in May.

~ Peter Frampton
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1369 on: June 11, 2010, 06:31:53 PM »

Good Morning Monkeys.

http://www.wesh.com/news/23854934/detail.html
Prosecutors Want Jury To Hear Anthony 911 Call
Call Could Be Key Piece Of Evidence

POSTED: 5:24 am EDT June 10, 2010
UPDATED: 6:38 am EDT June 10, 2010
ORLANDO, Fla. --
Prosecutors say a 911 call made by Cindy Anthony on July 15, 2008, will show a jury the web of stories Casey Anthony told about the disappearance of her daughter.

A frantic Cindy Anthony is heard on the 911 call saying, "It smells like there's a dead body in the damn car." (911 Call One  http://www.wesh.com/download/2008/0724/16980890.mp3 | Call Two)  http://www.wesh.com/download/2008/0724/16979711.mp3

Prosecutors want the call heard in court and said the calls could be a key piece of evidence in Anthony's trial.

Anthony is being held at the Orange County Jail on a first-degree murder charge in connection with the death of her daughter, Caylee Marie Anthony. She is being held without bond in connection with the toddler's death and faces the death penalty if convicted.

Anthony's defense team has also filed documents claiming that the 911 call, and other evidence, should not be used during the trial. Defense attorney's said the call is heresy and should not be heard in court.
Caylee's remains were found in December, 2008.

Hi trim and other
Monks!   LOL  The DUHfence doesn't want any evidence presented by the State......they just get more and more stupid in their motions. How can 911 calls be heresay.....DUH!!  I am waiting for the day when JP slaps them down good and hard.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1370 on: June 11, 2010, 06:35:35 PM »

I can't wait to see kc's visitors log..............I am going to check CayleeDaily...if it's there I'll post it!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1371 on: June 11, 2010, 06:39:29 PM »

Sorry if this is a repeat......

http://www.cayleedaily.com/2010/06/casey-anthonys-crush-may-have-halted-some-jail-visits/

casey anthony's Crush may have halted some jail visits................read it and laugh

Rest in Peace Caylee

BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #1372 on: June 11, 2010, 06:40:37 PM »

Really? 911 hearsay? You have got to be kidding me. Why are they wasting their time on this crap? They have a murder trial to put together and they are throwing this laughable motion?

I'm just shaking my head right now. Casey should be crapping her pants right now realizing this is her star attorneys!

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1373 on: June 11, 2010, 06:42:38 PM »

http://www.cayleedaily.com/2010/06/casey-anthonys-crush-may-have-halted-some-jail-visits/

casey anthony's Crush may have halted some jail visits................read it and laugh

the log is below this article but  I can't c&p it.....hope someone else can

http://www.cayleedaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/213.jpg

Rest in Peace Caylee

BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #1374 on: June 11, 2010, 06:43:54 PM »

She's not as popular as she thinks she is. I bet she's fuming over the developments in the Natalee Holloway case, taking all that attention away from her. LOL

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1375 on: June 11, 2010, 07:07:17 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-casey-anthony-death-penalty-motion20100611,0,4889737.story
Casey Anthony defense again argues against death penalty aggravators
 By Anthony Colarossi, Orlando Sentinel

6:35 p.m. EDT, June 11, 2010
Attorneys for Casey Anthony submitted three new arguments against reasons that would be used to secure a death sentence in the child murder case.

The documents received by Orange-Osceola Chief Judge Belvin Perry's office Friday reiterate earlier arguments about the constitutionality of three aggravating circumstances that prosecutors want to use to win a death sentence.

One speaks about a capital felony — the murder — being committed while Anthony engaged in another felony, in this case aggravated child abuse.

The defense argues that when examining if an aggravator might be overbroad, "the Court looks to whether there is a risk that the statute will result in capricious or arbitrary imposition of death."

The legal team goes on to say this particular aggravator "fails to narrow the class of death eligible persons in a meaningful way, and thereby allows arbitrary and capricious application of the death penalty."
The second circumstance questions whether 2-year-old Caylee Marie Anthony's death "especially heinous, atrocious or cruel," as defined in Florida's death penalty statute.

Anthony, 24, is charged with killing her daughter. The toddler's remains were found in December 2008, six months after her mother claims she last saw her alive.

The defense says prosecutors have not cited case law that "substantively address the constitutionality of the aggravator itself."

The defense earlier filed a survey of how the so-called "HAC" aggravator is "actually applied."

"This analysis shows that the aggravator itself — irrespective of the instruction given to the jury — cannot be found constitutional due to its vagueness, failure to narrow, and the arbitrary and capricious application of the aggravator that has occurred in Florida since its inception," Casey's legal team argues.

The third aggravator involves the capital felony, whether it was a homicide and "committed in a cold, calculated and premeditated manner without any pretense of moral or legal justification," as defined in the statute.

The defense cites case law brought up in an earlier filing and argues that the cases "illustrate that the constitutionality of the cold, calculated and premeditated aggravator has not been resolved – as the state argues…"

The Casey team concludes that prosecutors should be "precluded from using . . . [the cold, calculated and premeditated aggravator] as an aggravator to support the decision to execute Miss Anthony."

The submitted documents serve as replies to responses prosecutors filed earlier in the case.

~ Peter Frampton
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1376 on: June 11, 2010, 09:34:04 PM »

the log is below this article but  I can't c&p it.....hope someone else can

http://www.cayleedaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/213.jpg

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1377 on: June 12, 2010, 06:11:14 AM »

http://www.cayleedaily.com/2010/06/casey-anthonys-next-court-appearance-is-july-15th/
Casey Anthony's Next Court Appearance Will Be July 15th
06/11/10

~ Peter Frampton
Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« Reply #1378 on: June 12, 2010, 06:54:20 AM »

Regarding the dufense trying to withhold the Evil Mistress of Doom's phone calls, calling them hearsay, let's see if we can't get around that. My first response is: Sorry, we're going with the "excited utterance" theory, so Bobo, you lose, again!

Although I don't count Wiki as a solid source for cites and such, I'm lazy today, so here 'tis:

"An excited utterance, in the law of evidence, is a statement made by a person in response to a startling or shocking event or condition. The statement must be spontaneously made by the person (the declarant) while still under the stress of excitement from the event or condition. The subject matter and content of the statement must "relate to" event or condition. The statement could be a description or explanation (as required for present sense impression), or an opinion or inference. Examples include: "Look out! We're going to crash!" or "I think he's crazy. He's shooting at us!" The basis for this hearsay exception is the belief that a statement made under the stress is likely to be trustworthy and unlikely to be premeditated falsehoods. Compared to present sense impression, excited utterance is broader in scope for permitting a longer time lapse between event and statement, and a wider range of content in the statement.

Under the Federal Rules of Evidence, an excited utterance is a hearsay exception, and is admissible to prove the truth of the statement itself (e.g., in the case of the first quotation above, to prove that the vehicle the declarant was riding in was, in fact, about to crash). To prove the truth of the statement means to persuade the finder of fact to believe the affirmative sense of the statement. "Truth" here does not mean truth from the subjective point of view of the declarant or from the objective point of view of a reasonably prudent person. It simply refers to the affirmative assertion of the statement.

Spontaneity of the declarant is a key to admissibility. An excited utterance does not have to be made at time of the startling event, but must be made while the declarant is still in a state of surprise or shock from the incident..."

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« Reply #1379 on: June 12, 2010, 07:01:52 AM »

Note to self: read ALL postings before posting. I see that Barret got my "excited utterances" idea first! Dang it!

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.